.

Wild Flowers In The Winter

Peachy :

 

Sunlight didn't pour through the window, caressing my face as my eyes fluttered open. Fresh air didn't fill the room as I opened the window, no turtledoves billing and cooing in a tree. It was just cold hard concrete, I never knew why my mother decide to put in the window when there was another house build right next to us. I shuffled my feet into the bathroom to clean up, stepping out of my pajamas I saw the scars the plagued my body. Faded lines dancing around my body , creeping down to my wrists where it ends abruptly.

I let out sigh, letting the hot water run down my body kissing the scars along the way. I winced at the sudden heat but soon relaxed into it as I poured the shampoo into my palm and lathered it into my hair. I always loved showering, the hot water melting away my worries of the previous night allowing me to really start the day fresh and it was the only time I got to be truly alone, letting me have a peace of mind before it was crammed with useless knowledge again.

I put on my uniform and walked down to the kitchen, breakfast prepared the day before. I heat up the rice and ate it quickly with laver, downing the meal with a glass of orange juice.

It was getting colder, winter was soon approaching and so was finals. I wasn't good at studying but I managed to pass most of my subjects with Chanyeol's help. He really loved studying, sometimes I think that he'd die if he didn't do his homework. I made my way down the slope, stopping midway to look at the wild flowers that grew by the pavement. I always thought that it was strange how it grew through the cracks instead of the grass patches and that it was beautiful how they manage to last throughout the harshest of Winters. I wanted to be like a wild flower in winter. .

" Taozi " I heard a voice call me from behind, I looked up to see a wide eyed figure hovering over me with a sheepish grin on his face, " Good morning "

" Morning Chanyeol. " I stood up and started to walk again, the giant following behind me.

" Ehh, call me Channie. " He whined, tugging on my arm. Lips in a pout, he attempted his ' puppy aegyo ' which I thought was very gross seeing how he was 1.85m tall but I knew he wouldn't stop bugging me unless I did.

" Channie. " I muttered, a blush creeping up to my cheeks. I didn't know why but Chanyeol really liked it when I called him Channie, something about feeling special or something. I could see why since he was the only one I ever gave a nickname to, Sehun tried to make me call him Sehunnie but Chanyeol got really mad about it and ended up fighting with Sehun. The both ended up in the infirmary that day. Kai hyung tried to make me call him ' Oppa ' too , safe for him Chanyeol couldn't get angry because Kai hyung was older. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle as I recalled fond memories.

" What're you laughing about ? " Chanyeol asked, linking my arm with his , shoving his hands into his pocket.

" Nothing really. " I said, unlinking my arms , walking a little faster. I heard him pout as I did so, letting out a " hmpf " like he was some petty teenage girl. i tend to do that alot, shy away from skinship. It's not that I hated it but I just wasn't comfortable with it anymore.

I felt that skinship can only be done between two people who love each other and don't get me wrong, I love Chanyeol - he's my best friend for life but I don't love him in ' that ' way , mentally making the apostrophe signs with my fingers.

" Taozi ~ " He cooed, backhugging me as we approached the school. I could hear the other students walking beside us curse at us , " ing homos, get a room. " I shrugged him off, punching the taller with ample strength.

" Don't call me that. It's gross. " I rolled my eyes as he acted as if he was really hurt and continued to make my way towards the school.

" But Taozi it hurts ~ " He whimpered, attacking me with his overly huge eyes. He even got to the point where he fell to the ground and grabbed at his side.

" I didn't even hit you there ! Get up ! You're making a scene ! " I begged, muttering swear words under my breath I stomped over to him and held my hand out. I can't believe he was making me do this.

" Will you please get up, Channie ? " His face immediately lit up as he took my hand and pulled me in a hug making me fall on him.

" You called me Channie again, this time without me asking. " He whispered, he sounded sad all of a sudden. It was as if time suddenly stopped and both us were stuck in a moment. He pulled away from the hug, looking into my eyes . his voice got even more quiet.

" You called me Channie again. " I didn't know why but my eyes were b with tears, images of that day playing in my mind almost like a movie.

" Channie ! " I called out , jumping on the tall boy before me.

" Let's go have lunch at that ddukbogi place today okay ? " Interlocking my fingers with his as we walked down to the hall to our lockers.

" Okay ! Can we go have patbingsoo too ? " Chanyeol smiled widely before asking, swinging our arms back and forth.  I was about to reply when all of a sudden I felt a pair of hands push me with incredible strength down. My body meeting with the lockers. I winced as I tried to get up, a sharp pain shooting up my shoulder. I looked up to see the school's biggest bullies look down on me. Kim Jonghyun, Bang Yongguk , Kim Myungsoo. I shut my eyes tight as I saw Jonghyun swinging his arm towards my face , heart jumping out of my chest as he slapped me across my cheeks.

Did that guy have strength, the sting came shortly after tears bursting out of my eyes. The series of beatings came no later than soon, several feets kicking me all over.

 " You in' homo " Youngguk spat as his foor landed on my stomach, spitting on me.

Chanyeol tried to protect me but ended up getting bashed, lying on the ground beside me. He reached out and touched my face, smiling as he took a shiner from Myungsoo's sneakers.

" Keep your ing gayness to yourselves, you're polluting the whole school. " Myungsoo laughed , highfiving Jonghyun who didn't stop socking me.  I felt like dying then, wanting everything to stop for good. We were really lucky if we didn't cross paths with those three. Tears continued to fall from my eyes, the searing pain spreading throughout my body. I coughed out the blood that I tried to swallow back. I let my eyes close, being pretty sure I was going to be beaten to death.

I felt someone cup my face, slapping it lightly.

" Tao, Tao ! Tao ! "

" Tao ! " I was snapped back into reality, a worried Chanyeol cupping my face. I realised that we were still on the ground, I scrambled up brushing the dirt of my uniform.

" M-mianhae Chanyeol ah. " I mumbled, lending him a hand. Chanyeol sighed and took my hand, slightly pulling me down as he got up on his feet.

" You thought about the incident didn't you ? " He pulled me in a hug for the third time and this time I didn't resist. I relaxed into his embrace, letting myself sink in his warmth. I nuzzled into crook  shoulder , inhaling his scent. I always loved the way he smelled, though it was fall already he still smelled like spring. A mix of fresh cut grass after rain, clean laundry and something that was very Chanyeol. Unconciously my hands found his waist to hug him back.

" I'm sorry. " I heard him say, I hugged him tighter to show that it didn't matter anymore. There was no point dwelling over it, it was all over now. The three of them had graduated and went their seperated ways. I heard from Kai that Myungsoo decided to clean up his act and actually study, going to night school and taking the college entrance exams.  To his surprise, Myungsoo was a really smart person, it's just that he mixed around with a bunch of bad apples and one of the other two went to jail for theft and housebreaking. Although it was all over, I was still afraid of getting beaten up again. I won't lie about that.

It's like I learnt Wu shu for nothing, maybe I just let them beat me up because I knew that how I was with Chanyeol could give people the wrong idea and I was taught that being gay was wrong and unacceptable but it's not like I feel that way about Chanyeol... Do I ? I shook my head still in his embrace, sighing into his jacket.. Maybe it was time to stop being so afraid of skinship and just let us be the way we were before , it's not like Chanyeol isn't doing it anyway. It's just me.

" It's okay. " I finally replied, " It's okay, Channie. " We stayed like this until the first bell rang, indicating 15 minutes for class starts. We seperated, both of our faces losing colour. I grabbed his hand and ran down the slope, almost tripping over my own leg in the process. By the time we reached our classroom, there was only about 3 minutes left. We were both still panting when the teacher came in.

We rose from our seats greeting the teacher before settling down.  I heard whispers from everywhere about a new student, rumours bouncing off the walls.

 

" I heard he got kicked out his school because he beat someone up so bad, he  was a good as dead. "

" No way ! I heard he cheated on a major exam and some kid caught him. "

" That's lame, I heard it's because he ed a girl in the teachers' bathroom. "

" Oh my god, do you think he's hot ? "

" If he ed a girl, he has to be right ? "

 

" Class, I'm happy to inform you that we have a transfer. I know it is abit late for a transfer student to come in since it's close to finals but the school made an exception. Yi Fan ? " The teacher beckoned a tall male with blonde hair to come in. The girls all squealed, as he stood in front of the class. I could almost see him smirk, as if he knew that this would be the reaction he would get. I rolled my eyes and nudged Chanyeol,

" This guy is so full of himself ! " He simply laughed and slung his arm around my shoulder, the blonde boy took the chalk from the teacher's hand and wrote his name on the blackboard.

K - R - I -S

" I'm Kris , not Yi Fan " stating matter-of-factly, flinging the chalk behind him , earning more squeals from the girls in the class.

" Uh okay, Kris, y-you can sit behind Tao, you're going to be sitting alone since you have no partner. I'm sorry. " Kris rolled his eyes and made his way towards the table behind me. I looked up at him, up close he really was a handsome guy. Well sculpted features that complimented his face, he seemed taller than me. I squirmed in my seat as he approached, scooting closer to Chanyeol. Something didn't feel right about him and honestly I didn't want to know what.

He took his seat behind me, and immediately kicked my seat. I peeked over my shoulder, " w-what do you want ? "

" Nothing much, just felt like kickin' your chair  " he said, kicking my seat once more.

" Please stop. " I said firmly, and to my surprise he did but I knew I might get it after this.

I huffed, looking ahead trying to concentrate on what the teacher was saying. Chanyeol shot me a knowing look, grabbing my hand in reassurance that everything was going to be fine.

You're right Chanyeol.

Everything is gonna be ing peachy.

----------

Ah well, I guess I finally did it. I didn't really want to do it at first but the idea kept bothering me the whole day so I decided to let it all out & like I'm just so mad that even though I rack my brains trying to write my fics it just ends up short and like inadequate you know ?