Hidden Voices

First

Hidden Voices

 

 

It has been a week since Baekhyun ran towards the door of the Parks' Mansion. He ran away while tears are streaming down his face and Chanyeol was calling his name but he never looked back. He can't.

 

He didn't even let Chanyeol finish what he wanted to say. He just stood up, excused himself and ran towards the door without thinking twice. Baekhyun couldn't bear to hear it again from Chanyeol.

 

But even though it has been a week, Chanyeol's words still haunted him up until now.

 

 

"Yes, Baekhyun. Maybe it's the best if we stop.... I want to end this relationship..."

 

 

He felt it once again. Tears running down his face. He pursed his lips not wanting to start sobbing and acting like a brat.

 

"Maybe it's the best if we stop.... I want to end this relationship..."

 

 

"Maybe it's the best if we stop.... I want to end this relationship..."

 

 

Baekhyun shut his eyes closed. He doesn't want to remember it but he just can't force himself to forget everything.

 

 

"Maybe it's the best if we stop.... I want to end this relationship..."

 

 

He bit his lower lip, fighting back more tears.

 

 

Yes Chanyeol. Maybe it's the best for the both of us. It better that you ended it early before I even fall harder. He thought as the sobs he was fighting back a while ago was not contained anymore.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo noticed it. He is not stupid not to.

The way Baekhyun's present smiles are much much different from before. It became..somewhat sad. It seemed fake.

It hurts Kyungsoo everytime Baekhyun forces himself to laugh and smile like nothing is wrong.

He always hated that attitude of Baekhyun. He despised it.

 

 

"Kyungsoo. The rehearsal is in 5 minutes." His partner, Krystal, reminded him and he wanted to pull out all his hair for almost forgetting about it. He still wanted to join the play even now when his relationship with Baekhyun is fixed because he really enjoyed singing and everyone's company was so relaxing and comforting that he is still giving his best in all their practices.

 

The play is getting nearer and nearer. Everyone is getting much busier. Even the supporting characters such as Yunho and Changmin are practicing their performance on stage even when rehearsal is not yet starting.

And yes, they look so...royal?

It seemed like everything stopped to listen to Changmin's voice.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to flip tables. He was starting to doubt his own skills while watching the two singers. Yunho was trying to play the guitar even though he doesn't really know how. But still, both of them looked so elegant and respectable.

 

 

"Kyungsoo~ We're up next. We're singing together at last." His senior, Ryeowook, came up to him and embraced him as if he was a stuff toy. Kyungsoo smiled for he was used to it. Ryeowook has always been so comfortable with Kyungsoo and has always been treating him like a younger brother..

 

 

 

Ryeowook was still embracing Kyungsoo and was laughing with him when screams were heard.

 

 

"OH MY GOD CHANGMIN! Are you okay?" One of the teachers came over to aid Changmin who was currently sitted on the floor.

 

 

"W-what happened?" Both Kyungsoo and Ryeowook was clueless. They didn't know what was happening. All they know is that Changmin is on the floor, obvious pain seen on his face and loud grunts coming from the people around.

 

 

If Kyungsoo guessed it right, Changmin fell down from the stage and was badly injured for he was holding his left leg and was continuously whining.

 

Kyungsoo's face fell. It can't be. Changmin can't be injured. He was depending on his seniors to make the play worth watching and now, if Changmin is injured, of course Yunho will have to take care of him as his cousin.

 

 

Kyungsoo wanted to cry as the others help Changmin to got up and go to the clinic for medications.

 

 

"Oh no. Kyungsoo-ah. Don't cry." Ryeowook patted Kyungsoo's shoulder to calm him down but the younger's tears didn't stop from falling.

He dioesn't know why he was crying. It was either because he was worried about his hyung or because the play will be a disaster without his seniors and he will be an embarrassment to all.

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-ah, what's wrong? What's happening here, Ryeowook hyung?"

 

It was someone's voice that made Kyungsoo regain his hope.

 

Of course! How could he forget?!

 

 

Kyungsoo immediately turned his head when he heard the voice that will save him from embarrassment.

 

 

"Baekhyun-ah!"

 

 

 

 

It was starting to get cold and Kris still doesn't know where to go. He was carrying a bag where only few of his things are and a ball for playing basketball. He didn't know why he brought that but he can't make himself to just leave it somewhere.

 

Kris left home.

 

He decided to leave and just live his own life without anyone dictating him or what. He was tired.

Yes, he's the big bully in school. He bullies Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and other more schoolmates but that was before. He stopped. He also got tired of it and he wanted to start something new. Maybe, as just a normal student with a not so normal height.

 

 

Kris sat down on a bench. He was walking for hours and he doesn't want to use the money he have to buy food. It was not his afterall.

He wanted to start a new life so he'll start from scratch if needed. He won't use his parents' money. If it wasn't for great need, he also wouldn't bring any of his things at home.

 

Kris would have never leave their house if his mother didn't cross the line.

An arranged marriage? Really? Kris never wanted to be dictated but he knows he can never say no to his mother, but that was before.

 

Last night was when he decided to fight back. He told his mother everything—his feelings and thoughts.

But what he got in return was a credit card and a short message from his mother.

 

 

"Then leave."

 

 

And that's what he did.

 

 

"Gege?"

 

The sound of a familiar voice made him jump. He was so surprised at the voice that he only managed to stare and say the name of the person in front of him.

 

"Tao.."

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin wanted to punch Chanyeol.

He was sick and tired of watching his friend sulk all day. Eversince Chanyeol went to school a week ago, he was acting like he's a zombie.

And Jongin knows something must have happened between him and Baekhyun since he haven't seen them flirting lately.

 

"Good morning Jongin." Chanyeol slumped next to him. He still looks like a zombie and Jongin really wants to hit him to wake him up.

 

"There's nothing good in this morning, Chanyeol. Especially your morning."

 

Chanyeol sighed. Yeah. All his mornings ever since that day was horrible. He felt like he was dying each day every time he sees Baekhyun but can never get any closer to him.

Baekhyun misunderstood him.

He wanted to end their relationship. The fake one.

 

 

Because Chanyeol wanted to start the real one.

 

 

 

 

"OWW!" Sehun shouted when Luhan hit his head using a an empty saucer.

 

"You're so stupid, Sehun." Luhan glared at his childhood friend, saucer still in his hand.

 

"What?! I just asked if you are still a ! There's nothing wrong with that!" Sehun pouted and Luhan's eyes grew larger.

 

"Aish. Sehun-ah! Shut up!" Luhan became as red as a tomato when he quickly covered Sehun's mouth.

 

Everyone was looking at them with judging stares. Sehun's sudden outburst was so loud that everyone in the restaurant they're in heard it.

They are indeed in a very public place and it was very embarrassing to talk about ity in that kind of place. Specially when the place they're in is a restaurant where people are supposedly eating peacefully.

 

 

"I will really kill you later, Oh Sehun." Luhan was not looking at Sehun. He was still red and embarrassed and he doesn't want anyone to see him. He really wanted to strangle Sehun right now but he can't. He doesn't want another scene for them to watch and judge.

 

"Are you embarrassed, hyung?" Sehun let out a small laugh and when Luhan looked at him, an evil grin was already glued to his face.

 

"Obviously Sehun. So just finish your food so we can leave and forget everything."

 

 

But Sehun, being evil, did not listen.

 

 

Both of them heard gasps from everyone around the room as Sehun placed his lips on Luhan's.

 

When Sehun pulled himself away, he saw Luhan's eyes grew larger and his whole body was frozen.

 

"What? There's chocolate on your lips." Then another evil smirk formed on the younger's face.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"CHANYEOL!"

 

A loud voice from across the hallway stopped Chanyeol from being a zombie.

 

It was one of his seniors running toward him, waving at him, smiling.

 

 

"Yunho hyung. Why? Do you need something?" Chanyeol asked his senior who was regaining his breath from running.

When Yunho was fine, he managed to speak once again.

 

"Actually, yes. Can you do me a favor, Yeol? I really need help and your the only person that popped into my head since Yixing is not around." Yunho showed his puppy eyes and Chanyeol wanted to run before he can't resist his hyung's wishes anymore.

But it was too late.

 

 

"What is it hyung?"

 

 

"Can you play the guitar in the Stage Play? Please! I will take care of Changmin so I won't be able to do it."

 

 

"It's..okay for me, but I thought you will accompany Changmin hyung's singing? What happened? Who will replace hyung?"

 

 

"Something bad happened. Changmin can't walk for some weeks because of an injury..."

 

Chanyeol was nodding his head as he was listening to his hyung. It was such a waste that a person with an angel's voice will not be able to perform...

 

 

 

"And a guy with a really amazing voice will replace him... I think his name is Byun Baekhyun."

 

 

 

"I think his name is Byun Baekhyun..."

 

 

Chanyeol's jaw was hanging open when Yunho looked at him.

 

 

. Baek? I will accompany Baekhyun's singing?!

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing was there, standing next to a telephone post while looking at the guy who caught his attention the other day.

 

 

That was a normal morning up until rain started to fall. Yixing was in their restaurant and from his position he saw an old lady carrying a baby in her arms hiding under a tree for protection.

Yixing wanted to stand up and help the old lady but he can't. He knows his mother won't let him.

 

He was just able to stare at the old lady as other people walk pass by her, not caring about her and the baby.

 

 

It was a half hour later and the old lady was still there, protecting the child from the rain. Yixing had it. He stood up. His mother called him but he didn't care.

He took his umbrella so he could give it to the old lady but when he was outside...

 

Someone was already there.

 

 

A short guy was giving his umbrella to the old lady and Yixing watched as the guy removed his cap and place it above the baby's head.

 

 

That day, Yixing was amazed and his heart was caught by the mystery guy.

 

 

 

 

But now, the guy is no mystery at all anymore. He managed to search for him and he found him here, in front of the guy's house.

Yixing's mystery guy was outside his house, sitting on a bench under a tree, headphones in and he was singing.

 

His voice was beautiful.

 

 

 

Yixing was so busy listening to his mystery guy's voice that he didn't notice someone behind him.

 

 

 

"Yah, Yixing hyung, why are you here? Why are you staring at my brother?"

 

 

 

"Byun Baekhyun?"

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jongin was at his limit.

He was tired of Kyungsoo ignoring him, acting as if they don't know each other.

 

So he formulated a plan.

 

 

Being a popular kid in school made it easy for him. He got help from other students. Even from Kris, Tao and Sehun who was shocked at Jongin's interest on somebody to even bother making such a plan.

 

 

 

It was lunch time and Kyungsoo was with Baekhyun in the cafeteria when they heard an announcement.

 

 

"Calling the attention of Do Kyungsoo.. I repeat, Do Kyungsoo of Class 4-A, please report to the Guidance Office immediately."

 

 

Kyungsoo's eyes grew larger than usual and his mouth was hanging open when Kris came to him.

 

 

"Kyungsoo, the guidance counselor told me to fetch you. Come on." Kris said coldly in his deep voice. And that made Kyungsoo worry more.

What the did he do to be called like that?

 

 

 

Kris left Kyungsoo in front of the office. His knees were now shaking and he felt like he lost his voice.

Kyungsoo was trembling when he turned the door knob and opened the door of the office.

 

The counselor was not facing him. Her chair was turned the other way and she seemed to be talking to someone.

Kyungsoo always hear from everyone that the counselor is a nice person but he just can't calm down. This is the first time he was called like that.

 

 

 

But when the chair turned and faced him, all Kyungsoo did was stood up and curse the person in front of him.

 

 

"Kim ing Jongin! You bastard!"

 

 

Kyungsoo turned around and was about to go running outside when Jongin shouted.

 

 

"DO KYUNGSOO! If you do not sit down, I promise I will you right here, right now!"

 

Kyungsoo stopped and looked at his childhood friend whose eyes were burning with both rage and.. That can't be lust, right? . He can't be serious!

 

"Kim Jongin! You can't be serious!" Kyungsoo walked towards the door but when he turned the knob, it can't be opened.

 

"What the ?! JONGIN!" Kyungsoo's heart was beating very fast. He was also sweating because he was ing nervous.

 

 

"You know I am serious Kyungsoo. You know me." Kyungsoo swallowed when he saw that the top button of Jongin's shirt was freaking unbottoned.

 

 

"Okay! Fine! I'm sitting down. Just... Just please.. Button your shirt, I'm getting scared here.." Kyungsoo slowly walked toward the chair he was sitting on before and when sat down, he saw Jongin smirk.

 

 

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo's hands were still trembling and he was still nervous but he managed to speak.

 

 

"I want you, hyung."

 

 

"What the hell, Jongin?!" If Kyungsoo's eyes can get any bigger, it already did.

 

"NO! It's not that! I mean, I want to fix things with you hyung."

 

Kyungsoo was speechless.

Jongin did this—all of this, just to fix things up with him? Wow.

 

 

 

"Jongin... Stop this. Just stop." Kyungsoo stood up and Jongin stared at him. "..Open the door Jongin. Tell whoever your accomplice is, to open the ing door and let me leave."

 

 

"I won't. I won't until you're not telling me why the hell are you ignoring me, hyung."

 

"Jongin please! Understand me! Don't push yourself to me anymore! I want to forget about you, your existence, everything! And doing this, doesn't help. Not at all." Kyungsoo was about to cry and Jongin's heart was hurting.

 

"Why? Why do you want to forget about me? You were my best friend, my brother, the only person I cherished so much! Why didn't you tell me that you were still alive? I cried, did you know that? I cried a lot."

 

"Yes. Yes, I know you did cry. I know that you waited for me. I know. I saw everything."

 

Jongin stopped. What is Kyungsoo saying? He saw everything? How?

 

"I was there the whole time Jongin. I did everything in my power at my young age to comfort you without you seeing me. The letter, the flower, the chocolates. Everything was from me."

 

 

Jongin's jaw dropped to the ground.

A month after the news that Kyungsoo is dead, he received a short letter. A little girl gave it to him saying a handsome boy told her to give it to him.

The letter contained a very comforting message that he thought was just written generally for people who lost someone important.

 

A year after, a flower was found inside his locker. A note was attached to it saying that it was time to move on.

He never did.

 

 

It was January 14, 4 years ago, when Jongin received a box of his favorite chocolates. Written there was a message wishing him a happy birthday and apologizing for lying.

 

 

Jongin never thought it was Kyungsoo doing all of those.

 

 

"Then why did you stop trying to comfort my loss?" Tears were starting to form in Jongin's eyes and he can barely speak.

 

"It was because I need to comfort myself too. I tried to forget about you because you remind me so much of my hurtful past. And I can't take it anymore.." Kyungsoo was already crying.

Everything that he bottled up inside him for years was being released today. To the person he loved.

 

 

"Hyung.. I.. I'm sorry for making it much harder for you. But you know I can help you, right? I love you so much that I am willing to do anything for you."

 

 

Kyungsoo thought the 'I love you' was because he and Jongin were like brothers so he just nodded and tears flow down his face as Jongin envelope him into a hug.

 

 

 

**********************************************************************************************************************

 

I know some doesn't want the 'misunderstanding' between BaekYeol but before I posted the previous chapter, I already typed the beginning of this so It was really destined to happen. xD

 

BUT STILL.

 

SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENED IN RETURN.