Waiting

Stupid Snoopy

Amber walked down the street, thinking about her labelmates’ words. She didn’t lie to them. It was not her intention back then. She was really unaware of the figure when drawing it. She just sketched a man who she thought she can be comfortable with and not until the MC pointed out did she realize how much similar it was to her best friend. Her only source of relief was that she drew a guitar, instead of a violin, or else it would be total obvious. Though it didn’t really help that almost everyone knew her music genius friend of course was able to play the guitar, too. She tried to laughed the idea off at the interview, but now when looking back, she regretted that she could have overacted a little bit, which might bring more suspicion.

The case was she might not aware of her feelings at that time but she couldn’t be more conscious of it right now, even though it took quite a long time for her to be enlighten.

She and Henry had been friend-zoned for so long, since their trainee days. They just simply click on right the moment they met. They shared a lot of things in common, which allowed them to spend time together naturally and comfortably. They can talk about load of things when meeting up, ranging from music, sports to games and food, happiness as well as difficulties. No language barrier, no curious gaze, no cultural gap, Henry and Amber gradually became a kind of home for each other to run to whenever they suffered home sick. In a foreign country, that’s how they managed to adjust and go so far to where they were now. Amber had never felt bored to be with her best friend. She could gladly spend hours staying still in the studio to compose songs with Henry. They also recorded some with him, and amazed at the fact that even their voices blend so well together. Playing sports or going to the gym, there was no hesitance from her side if Henry asked her to come along.

In the public or not, it didn’t affect their behavior towards each other. They showed their closeness openly online and even on stage. The piggy back ride Henry gave her in one of SM Town concerts still succeed to make her smile when she reminisced it. The way they looked at each other in the “Happy holiday” song was never fake.

Sometimes, Amber kinda missed him while they were apart for their own promotion schedules, but she didn’t perceived the affection at that time. Or to be more adequate, she refused to think too much about it. They always feel great staying so, why must let their friendship take a risk?

Not until 1-4-3 promotion, did everything start to change in her. When he asked for her collaboration with an annoyingly attractive bright smile (as usual), Amber can’t help but feel all happy. And when she agreed, his cute excited expression somehow made her stomach jump, in a good way. They enjoyed the whole process so much, from rewriting the rap part, recording new version for the song, practicing the choreography to joking around on stage. They had a chance to meet frequently and shared all those joy.

That’s why when it finally came to an end, Amber was taken aback by a sudden unpredictable wave of sadness. She even rewatched their videos online when she had free time. And that’s how Amber got what other are usually talking about them, how others are looking at them and why others are often teasing them being together.  They REALLY did skinship A LOT without noticing, Amber blushed a little at that thought. She never really paid attention, since she always found it so natural and enjoys herself completely when Henry was around. This eventually helped the fact his her mind. That she had feelings for her best friend. That Amber, the cool boyish rapper of f(x) had feelings for the cute spoiled maknae of Super Junior M.

And now, since Amber had already understood her own feelings, memories were recalled automatically. And she smiled at those happy and sweet moments. She didn’t feel any miserable even though Henry wasn’t at the same level of consciousness as her, since she knew that he had a thing for her, too. The way he celebrated her birthday, attempting to surprise her with song and cake; the way he asked her out for a movie, a romantic movie to be accurate, just the two of them, a day after his birthday; and the way he stupidly, but sweetly, claimed his possession over her on Twitter,… showed it all. How couldn’t she observe this before? They were both too blinded because of their friendship.

Amber were quite sure that stupid Snoopy were still oblivious, for the fact that he was much more dense in such issue. She wasn’t really disappointed about that, actually she felt kinda amused since she could tell that she was more sensitive. She would patiently wait for the day he found out himself and come to her.

Her thought stream was cut off by a honking. She turned around to see a familiar figure behind the driving wheel smiling annoyingly attractive at her. Yes, her endearing Snoopy.

 

---

Author's note: Another short update. This is actually only an auxiliary chapter.
But Henber finally met ^^ Hope you will still wait for the next :D