Noize Bank's Confession

Stupid Snoopy

Noize Bank were in their private studio. Henry had just been back from Malaysia after Super Show 5 with his hyungs. However, instead of taking advantage of the rare day he had to rest, Henry insisted his friends to work on some piece of melody he had come up with while filming in China. They had had worked for 3 hours already and decided to take a short break.

Henry leaned back in his chair, surfing the net on his phone, totally into the task. The musician’s face lit up a bit and he smiled brightly at whatever-or-whoever he was looking at. And the rest of Noizebank knew clearly what/who it was. Whenever Henry has that goofy happy smile, it means he was probably saw some stuff related to the female rapper of f(x), also his best friend- Amber.

------------

“How long have you been friends with Amber?”- Gen suddenly asked.

Henry was snapped out of his own world, looking up “About 6 or 7 years, I guess. Why?”

“Wow. That’s really a long time. You two must definitely best friends then.”

A wide grin flashed Henry’s face as he turned back to his phone again. He would take his friend’s comment as a compliment, because his friendship with Amber was something that he was always truely proud of.

“So… What do you think about her?”- This time is Neil.

“What’s wrong with you two today?” Henry felt some butterflies started to form in his stomach. “… I think she is cool, playful, outgoing and comfortable to be with… Gosh, I feel like being interviewed right now” His brow furrowed.

“Do you have any feelings for her?”- Gen and Neil burted out, even though they had know his answer already.

Henry jumped in his chair “What!!? HELL NO!!! We are just best friends.”

The two other guys exchanged a meaningful look with each other. Perhaps it was time to let their friend know…

“Really? You don’t? Well, I feel kinda relieved”- Neil winked.

“What do you mean?”- Henry looked straight to Neil. All of the sudden, his stomach was turned up side down with ridiculous nervousness. Don’t tell that… Can’t it be…

“As you said, Amber is super cool, seriously”- Gen joined the conversation.

“You too!!?” Henry’s origianlly-small-eyes wide open.

“Yeah, so…? Don’t you find her a special girl? Standing out from the others at very first sight. It can’t be a bad thing if we ever get a chance to be with her.”- Gen grinned with a now-confused-boy in front of him.

Henry is speechless. He couldn’t find any word at the moment. NO WORDS- among all 6 different languages he knew.

“I guess we should thank you for introducing Amber to us”- Neil said.

Still motionless, Henry was now as stiff as a statue. That was… just too much for him to handle. He swore that he had never saw it coming at all. This is absolutely out of his whole-24-years-living-in-life’s expectation. Jaw dropped, his lips curved into its popular “O” shape.

Gen studied Henry’s expression carefully “Henry, are you alright?”

Henry let out an awkward laugh “You two and Amber? Sorry but I can’t ever imagine that scenario.”

Gen held his chest, pretending to be hurt “Hey! We are not that bad. We are musicians after all, so we can always find things to talk to her. And we are pretty close to her, too. I believe that once Amber gets a chance to know us better, our chance won’t be too slight.”

“Yeah, all thanks to me”- Henry pouted.

“Aren’t we showing our gratitude right now?”- Neil grinned, amusingly.

“But… it’s still extremely weird”- The Canadian boy protested weakly.

“How weird?”

”Like… Let’s assume that you two have an argument, or worse, break up! That’s gross! Which side should I stand? I don’t want to be torn apart!”

“We don’t even date yet, why making such a negative assumption?”- Gen raised his eye brow.

“Ok… Well, It will be totally uncomfortable for me if you bring Amber here, our home, as your girlfriend, to do some lovey-dovey thingy or whatever you call that”- Henry tried reasoning once more.

“Don’t worry. That’s eassy to settle. We will go dating somewhere out of your sight then. Problem solved”- Neil smirked.

“Are you kidding me? Don’t ever dream that I will let it happen! How can I leave her alone with you?”- Henry yelled. He was totlly into the conversation now, not realising the contradiction between his early claim and his reaction. It won’t take a genious to see that he didn’t like the picture of Amber being together with his Berklee friends in a romantic way, or any other one, for more accurate. .

He might not be aware of it himself but Noizebank got the message quite easily “You are being ridiculous, Hen. What exactly do you want?”

“I  usually let you two join us, didn’t I?”

“That’s only friends’ hanging out you are talking about, isn’t it? We are discussing date here, between boyfriend and girlfriend. You are 24 already but don’t even know the differences?”

“…! I’ll go spying your date then!”- Henry being his childish self.

“… Ok. Since we live together, you will have no difficulties doing so to us. But what about Isaac?”- Neil pointed out.

“What the hell!? Isaac, too!??”- Henry whined desparatedly.

“Well, close friends often share common interest, you know”- Neil raised an eye brow, talking with a matter-of-fact tone. “He is neither a member of Noizebank nor living with us any more. You are not able to know when they go out together”

“You are telling me that all 3 of you guys like Amber but still manage to get along this well?”- Henry blinked, stunned.

“Why not? We are cool Western boys”- They laughed and did a high-five.

“Sure... Urghhh… I need some fresh air. Gotto go!”- Henry grabbed his jacket and stormed out of the small room hastily.


-----------------

As soon as he close, or actully slammed the apartment door behind, Gen’s phone vibrated. He chuckled a little when seeing the name flashing on the screen. It was from Isaac. “Perfect timing”- He said to Neil, before picking up the call.

“Hey, dudes. How are you doing?”- Isaac greeted.

“Nothing special until the last 10 minutes”- Gen laughed, setting the call on outside speaker.

“Oh… What have I just missed?”- Isaac’s voice echoed from the other end.

“We can simply say that thanks for moving out. It’s great of you”- Neil joked.

“Seriously? You bastards are bad friends ever”- Isaac reacted to his buddies’ joke immediately as he knew them too well. Though he is no longer walking the same road with them, no doubt that they will forever be brothers and support each other.

“Nah… Just kidding. We are struggling to make music without you. Still not familiar with it.”

“See? I always knew that I’m important. But you will get used to it soon.”

“But your leaving surely has an awesome impact on someone’s life here”- Neil informed his friend, trying to be mysterious.

“Is that about our stupid Snoopy again?”- Isaac guessed effortlessly.

“Home run. Bingo. Now you are becoming his big threaten”- Gen laughed and reported the whole story to his friend.

Isaac cracked up so hard that his stomach began to ache. And when he finally found his own voice, he said breathlessly “Hope that silly boy would eventually make a move. I can’t believe he hadn’t confessed after that long time they spent with each other.”

“We know, right? We all thought that the last 1-4-3 promotion would have served him right. But well, it seems that Snoopy is much dumber than our imagination.”- Neil rolled his eyes.

“Wanna make a bet whom Snoopy is running to right now?”- Gen suggested.

“Amber!”- All the 3 guys said in unison, and burst out laughing again.

“Hey, we can’t make a bet with only one answer from all! Henry is way too easy to read.” – Neil put a hand on his hip in order to maintain his own balance.

“He owed us big time”- Isaac chuckled.


--------------

Meanwhile, Henry was now sitting still in the car, trying to process the information that he had just received. He didn’t know why, but felt kinda worried. He had always been aware of Amber’s friendliness. She can talk and get close to anyone, both boys and girls. That’s why she is often surrounded by a bunch of male idols, Key, Kris, Min Ho, Su Ho, Myung Soo,… And now is Noize Bank? The more important point is that his close friends from Berklee not only want to stay around her but also develop serious feeling towards Amber?  It is not impossible though, as he had to admit. Of course it’s her own choice but… Henry tried his hard to ignore his own thought about who looks best with her. Amber is his best friend, and Noize Bank, too. If she really had mutual feelings with one of them, he will… "ARGHH…"- Henry shouted frustratedly. His brain is surely not meant for such complicated things like this…

He shoved his hand into the jacket pocket to reach for his phone. He was about to call Amber, but after a few hisistant seconds, he decided to send her a message instead, since he was still not sure what and how to talk to her. “Hope that she is keeping the phone besides right now”- Henry found himself begging silently.

 

--------

Author's note: So... this is my very first Henber fic. The idea also came extremely random, when I was washing dishes if I'm not mistaken, lol.

And as you can see, the event occured in this fic is a day after SS5 Malay as well as MAMA2013. I'd like to keep it as near the present date as possible ^^

This won't be a long chaptered fic, abt 2-3 chaps or so only. Hope you guys like it. Comments and even criticism are highly appreciated :")