Moon Jongup

Idol Babysitter

Moon Jongup

 

 

In the pouring rain and with dense breaths a young man would slink through the shadows, a hood concealing his face and adding to the mystery of his identity. His arms which were cloaked warmly by the thick sleeve of a jacket curved around his torso and in them lay a child in slumber. Its features were soft like silk, and most of the body had been draped in thick cotton as a makeshift blanket for the infant to feel warm in. Around the two was several adolescents who were all chanting similar names into the sky with infantile glee, unawares of who stood behind them. The hooded figure was glad of such a fact and was easily able to pass by the group of teenagers, none of which even sparing him a glance.

 

“We did it Himchan hyung,” he murmured softly, smiling down at the child who was slowly awakening. To Jongup, calling a child 'hyung' was the strangest thing he had ever done, although then again it was not everyday that three post puberty males would suddenly return to infant status. With success so close to him the dancer became careless, forgetting that, to a child, seeing nothing but a dark shape carrying them away would be a terrifying experience. And so Himchan begun to wail. Loudly, forcing all sense and logic to flee completely from Jongup's mind as he reached for his hood, pulling it down to reveal his short and currently pink hair which shone like a beacon in the dark night. “Shh Hyung! It's just me Jongup!” Pleading with the child the dancer would not realise the consequence of his mistake until it was too late, a thrilling soprano of voices sounding from behind him.

 

“Moon Jongup oppa~!” the juveniles squealed in unison, a wet drumming to echo their screams as many feet would move to run for the young idol. Cursing his awful luck Jongup would secure his hold on the still-crying baby before running for it, begging that the lack of exercise over the break did not affect him now of all times. He held out well for the first minute or so, the fans behind him not used to exerting themselves as much as idols were. Although when, after a good few blocks of running, the fans begun to gain on him he knew he was well and truly done for.

 

“Dammit Himchan, you just had to cry?” he complained, a sense of guilt immediately washing over him as soon as the words left him. Never had he spoke to his hyung in such a manner and he could not really blame him considering his current state. With his breaths leaving in forced pants whenever his foot hit the ground the dancer knew that he would soon be prey to the fans that followed unless he found a way out of his predicament. “Crap crap crap crap crap crap!”

 

Wait, why was he being so stupid? Any shop that he chose to go into would surely prevent the horde of fans from entering as well and from inside the store he could always phone for Yongguk or Daehyun. At this sudden epiphany the dancer felt immediate relief, but knew he still would not be out of trouble until he found a store open so late. Fortunately Seoul was a busy city with many late-night stores at hand. Bingo, he thought as the industrial light from a convenience ahead illuminated the street and he immediately made a bee-line for it. Oh how he hopped the doors weren't automatic; they would open so slowly!

 

“Jaebal! Let me stay from the kids in here!” Jongup pleaded to the baffled security guard as he charged through the revolving door, sending it on a fast spin and preventing anyone from being able to get a hold of it without getting themselves jammed. The fans were now stuck outside the store, cheering gleefully and waiting for their precious dancer to come and love them. As if, he thought with relief as the guard assured him safety from the fans outside.


안녕하새요~!
So ah, I'm so sorry that this took such long to be entered, I actualy finished this a while ago. Due to exams though I've been packed with revision and classes so I haven't had time to get on much.
Every give good wishes to Rhiannitha for successfully getting out of hospital~!

Again, sorry for the lateness, the next update will be asap~!

안녕~!