Jung Daehyun

Idol Babysitter

Jung Daehyun


 

The loud wailing of three infants filled the dorm in addition to the panicked shouts of half of B.A.P. The place was bustling with movement as the three members hurried between rooms with each cradling a child, going between changing diapers, feeding and generally keeping them entertained. Daehyun was, unfortunately, performing the first task on that list.

“Ugh gosh it reeks!” he cried, shutting his eyes and pressing a wrist to his nose as the thick stench of baby waste filled his nostrils. A passing by Jongup who was struggling with a very rambunctious Himchan paused and let out a snuff before waddling over, trying hard to ignore the child Himchan who was tugging at his underarm hair..

He said, “At least Youngjae isn't pissing into the air like Himchan did,” with an aggravated chuckle and a nod towards a small white bottle across the room. “Don't forget to use baby powder, it really does help in the long run.”

“Since when did you become baby savvy?” Daehyun chuckled, removing the soiled nappy and quickly throwing it into the nearby waste. Jongup merely rolled his eyes in response before scuttling off again with Himchan, seeming oddly calm considering the situation. The singer became envious of his calm manner considering his mind was in shambles trying to figure out the whole ordeal. It was so bad that at one point he mistook a spoon for a pen!

“Daehyun ah, you nearly done?” questioned his hyung as he circled around the corner with a napping Junhong in his arms. “I want to try and get them all to sleep at the same time so we can get some peace and quiet around here,” explained Yongguk who merely a few hours ago was nearly in tears from the stress of baby Zelo. He seemed calm now though as he stared at the singer.

“Er, nearly? I'm no good at this changing thing,” he chuckled nervously while staring intently at the powder bottle Jongup had pointed out. “Damn thing doesn't say how you apply it.”

“You're an idiot,” teased the rapper as suddenly a napping baby was forced on Daehyun while his hyung took the powder and sprinkled it effortlessly onto the nappy of Youngjae. “There are holes in the lid for a reason y'know,” he finished, wrapping up the baby's diaper before cradling him like he had previously been doing with Zelo.

Daehyun felt so lost around babies and children and as confused as to how both his hyung and dongsaeng knew how to handle them. “Aish, you both act as though you've had kids before,” he teased while leaving the bathroom in which the changing area had been setup. He heard a chortle from his hyung as he left, although nothing else was said as their two infants were placed in a makeshift play pen along with Himchan who was quite happily sleeping.

“Hopefully they'll stay like that for a good hour or so,” groaned Jongup who was slouched on the sofa with a hand to his head. “All that crying has given me a sore head.”

“What are we going to do about this guys?” interrupted Daehyun as he stood with arms folded and a thoughtful expression on his face. “Half of our band has become babies and we're not long from our next comeback. I mean, what made them become like this?” Now that it had been spoke Daehyun noticed how ridiculous their problem sounded. People don't just become children and this reality had floated in their heads for a while after the initial discovery of the children. Theories of the members being kidnapped and replaced had come to mind but were quickly silenced when they thought of how hard it would be to steal a six-foot-tall teenager.

Yongguk had been inspecting the children while his dongsaengs spoke, but turned to face the two once they we quiet. “Let's worry about that later, we should focus on how to get them back first.” he said, crossing his arms and biting his lip in worry. “It's like you said; we have very little time until our next comeback, plus we have all the preparation between then and now considering all of you still haven't set your look.”

At his hyungs words Jongup leaped from his seat, hands gripping his hair as his eyes went wide as saucers. “Jenjang! Himchan was meant to be with the styling noonas today!” Daehyun became equally frustrated at this realisation, letting out a groan while Yongguk was the only one to maintain his composure.

“That's a downside, but... we can work through this. Daehyun,” he called, turning to face the third oldest member of B.A.P with a commanding tone flowing ito his words. “You go to the stylists today and apologise thoroughly for the trouble caused and explain that Himchan is... unwell right now. You'll get fitted today instead.”

Daehyun nodded. “But what about when it's Youngjae's turn? Or Zelos? Would they believe that all three members are sick?” he asked as Jongup shifted to beside him, feeling a roller coaster of emotion with worry and calm.

“I told the noonas yesterday about our barbeque with Himchan's parents, so we can say it was from food poisoning,” suggested the leader, biting his lip as he glanced at the children. “Himchan would kill us if he found out we're saying such things of his Umma's cooking.”

“I'd rather that than have to live with him as a baby,” Jongup admitted.


안녕하새요!

Sorry that it's a short chapter, but I've been busy with Christmas shopping and orginisation, so I hope you can forgive me~!

Hopefully I'll have a full free day tomorrow and will be able to write out the next chapter for you all so you don't get too bored with this little thing.

Tell me though readers; I have spaced this chapter out different as the others. Do you prefer this format or the previous? I'd love to know what makes your reading expecerience better in every way possible!

Also at one point while I was typing 'Himchan' I accidentally wrote it as 'Hamchan' and thus this beauty was created;

미안 힘찬 오빠!

안녕!