Jung Daehyun

Idol Babysitter

Jung Daehyun

 

 

Fooling the noonas had been an easy job for Daehyun because luckily Himchan had already spoken with them about their trip and all the places they(or rather he) ate, making it more believable that he was ill from food. In the end all Daehyun had to do was turn up at the stylists' studio before they knew what had happened or at least had an idea.

 

“Daehyun ah! So lovely to see you, but we were expecting Himchan to come and we've gotten all of his outfits out,” spoke one of the younger noonas with a pout, obviously disappointed that she wasn't seeing her dongsaeng.

 

“Mianhae, but Himchan is very sick from something he had eaten on our vacation and cannot make it today so I am filling in,” he explained with a deep bow to his noonas, wondering if he should say that Youngjae and Junhong are sick too.

 

“Ah, that silly boy. His eyes are bigger than his stomach sometimes,” uttered a noona who had begun to fold up Himchan's outfits before disappearing into a joining room. Other noonas followed her, Daehyun guessed to collect his outfit, while a remaining three ushered their dongsaeng into a chair by a wall of large mirrors and dressing tables.

 

“While they sort your outfit, why don't we do you hair?” hummed a pretty noona with shorter hair than the rest as she begun to massage Daehyun's head. It was a relax feeling, but he knew she was only doing it to inspect the quality of his roots and follicles. They'd slap him for being cheeky if he asked for a massage after all their work!

 

“Sure thing, I was meaning to ask about it anyway,” begun the singer as he scratched at his neck. “Since I rarely colour my hair, perhaps giving it a red-ish tint would be cool?” he suggested, staring hopefully toward his noonas while hiding the source of this idea. While the group had been on vacation they had thought it would be a fun experience to try out a normal hairdressers who had put temporary dye in each of their hair. Zelo, who often had his hair dyed, went for a bright orange to 'match his annoying orange toy'. Daehyun had found the colour silly, but oddly suited to the younger's face. He himself had taken on a red dye which is what had sprouted his idea.

 

“Red?” questioned the noona, placing a finger to her lips as she stared hard at Daehyun. It wasn't until she smirked that the singer had felt worried, although going from worried to scared wasn't the best of changes. “Well, since you've already tried it we might as well.” his hair again, she tugged lightly on the tips of his side burns before leaning closer to the young man. “You've still got dye on the tips, Daehyunnie,” she teased with a sweet smile before ordering the other two hairdressers to run and get some supplies. “Next time dongsaengs will ask before messing with their hair, yes?”

 

Daehyun nodded fiercely, forgetting that his noona's fingers were still tangled within his locks and inflecting a sharp tugging feeling at the back of his head. “Ah, of course noona! Never again.” he winced, praying to the heavens that his noonas would be kind to him after his mistake.

 

“Good, make sure to tell everyone else the same thing, especially Zelo. Last time he did his hair without me I was two hours just trying to strip it.” Daehyun gulped. The orange hadn't washed out yet.

 

 

It had taken a good hour to get the dye in and wash it successfully. It wasn't as bright as the singer had pictured in his mind, but he still liked the tint it gave when the light shined upon it. “Kamsa'nida,” he spoke, bowing as the stylist announced that she was done with the dye. She had told him earlier that it wouldn't get fully styled until just before their video shoots so that it was fresh and that the red was only temporary, just to test if it looked okay on him. “It looks really good, you've done a great job,” he smiled at her, although it dropped at his noona's sudden expression.

 

“Of course I've done a great job, did you expect anything else?” she teased, flicking the singer's ears before ushering him off to the other noonas who had prepared Daehyun's outfits. He was there for another few hours fitting into different assortments of clothes and being told that these were for this music video for that song and other such things. He noticed how one outfit, the last he would try on, was much smarter than the others which had all held simple and boyish strength within them. But this outfit was different; it portrayed him as a grown man who lived his own life and was successful at doing so.

 

“I like this outfit,” commented Daehyun as he looked at himself in the mirror. He saw the reflection of one of his noonas smile, but no more words were spoken until it was time for Daehyun to leave. There was always a silence when the singer was getting fitted and he had no idea as to why. From the way the members spoke they had an easy time communicating to the stylists, leaving the singer to be the only odd one. Youngjae had suggested that he was just bad at conversation which earned him a knock on the head.

 

“Annyeong Daehyun ah, give Himchan our best.” cooed the noonas as Daehyun left, offering them a small smile and a bow before he found himself in the quiet hallway. From the floor length windows that lined the walls he could see that it was dark outside and let out a groan of fatigue as his stomach let out one of hunger. Because of the infants he had little sleep and no breakfast and was surprised he was still functioning at all.

 

“Hyung owes me,” he mumbled while making a start for the elevator. Inside he spotted the same poster that Yongguk had seen previously, but felt less enthusiastic than the rapper did. Where it had given his hyung a feeling of wonder at possibly attending the fair as guests, it was nothing but a reminder of their predicament to Daehyun. With the final ding that announced his arrival to the ground floor the singer left with a low head, not even offering the receptionist a wave as he numbly left the building and felt the cold air nip at his skin. He realised then with a start that he was not wanting to return to the dorm despite how hungry and tired he was, for he knew what awaited him there. How could he ever hope to eat and sleep peacefully with children crying and his hyung most likely bugging him to help dispose of filthy diapers. Perhaps he could just... not go back? Let Yongguk hyung and Jongup handle the kids and let Daehyun have peace because so help him he deserves it!

 

 

“Hyung! Where have you been?!” cried a frantic Jongup as the singer entered the dorm, rubbing a hand against the back of his neck. “Youngjae and Zelo are crying up a storm and me and hyung can't get them to calm!”

 

Daehyun sighed. “Alright, give me Youngjae and I'll see what I can do,” he said, almost regretting his decision to stay instead of leaving for the night. After all, B.A.P was a part of him now and the members had become good friends for him, so how could he abandon them so easily? Even if they need their nappies changed. “Aish Jongup, did you not think to check if he'd pooped?”

 

The younger looked a little dumbfounded at Daehyun's words before a sheepish smile slipped onto his lips. “Come to think of it... no.”


안녕하새요!

Sorry for such a wait, but I was busier over the holidays than I'd expected! ^^

So, did you all enjoy your winter vacations? I hope so and I hope that you have a wonderful year from beginning to end readers!

Also as a special treat I made an edit as to what Daehyun's hair somewhat looks like after it has been done(by his noona, not the hairdresser! ㅋㅋ)

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2tk8.jpg

안녕!