Bang Yongguk

Idol Babysitter

Bang Yongguk

 

 

Having clothes fitted was generally something Yongguk tried to avoid, but eventually the styling noonas or his manager would get a hold of him.

 

It wasn't that he didn't like his stylists – they were very nice women who took care of him and the rest of B.A.P – but rather the act of them seeing him in his underwear as he awkwardly danced around trying to fit into costumes that were either too tight or too loose. Even once he had managed to squeeze into the outfits they would still be involved; feeling around and making sure the fabric wasn't being pulled too much in any place and sticking needles in where it wasn't being pulled enough.

 

Today would be no different, except this time the six-part band had been on holiday for the best part of two months and their idol bodies weren't exactly up to par. In fact, Yongguk was sure he heard a giggle when the stylists realised his tummy was a little bit pudgier than the last fitting, meaning the shirt that was hugging his torso tightly would need readjusting.

 

“Did you enjoy your holiday, dongsaeng?” asked one of the noonas who was working on shaping another member's shoes. She only held the rapper's gaze for a heartbeat before returning her focus to the shoe, but Yongguk knew she would still be listening.

 

“It was nice actually,” he commented, letting out a chuckle as memories of his break flickered through his head. “We visited everyone's parents during the first week.” His words earned nods from the noonas but the only reply came from the eldest of the lot.

 

“I bet Himchan enjoyed that. He was always nagging about how his mother's meals are far better than any that you lot can make,” cooed a middle-aged woman, who paused in her actions of sewing buttons onto material to stare thoughtfully into space. Yongguk smirked.

 

“He's not wrong. I don't think I've ever had a barbecue as nice as that before in my life!” One of the girls whose job was to shove pins into Yongguk's legs let out a giggle at his words, a hand reaching up and patting his belly lightly.

 

“It looks like you ate enough to make up for the loss though!” Everyone laughed at the statement, even the victim, as he had to admit that more than a few plates of the barbecue had made it past his lips.

 

The fitting continued with more casual chatter which mostly involved Yongguk telling the styling noonas more about the holiday – reluctantly admitting that he hadn't worked out much at all. Eventually the time came when all the necessary measurements had been taken, meaning the rapper was no longer needed. With thanks and a deep bow, Yongguk took his leave from the stylists' studio almost too happily.

 

The halls of the TSEnt building were eerily quiet, although it was to be expected at such a late hour. A tired sigh echoed from Yongguk as his head drooped and his eyelids flickered; only two months away from the life of an idol and already he had forgotten how tiring the schedules were. Luckily the familiar ding of the elevator prevented him from falling asleep on the spot. Seeing that the doors of the lift were open – and assuming that someone had just gotten out of it – Yongguk made a quick dash to get in before the automatic doors cut him off. The elevator was close and he was fast; he made it in.

 

The button for his floor lit up as he pushed it in, meaning that he had a good three seconds to take in his surroundings. On the far side of the elevator Yongguk noticed a poster hanging on the wall; bright colours and a promise of fun written in big letters. Upon closer inspection he realised it to be a carnival ad and was momently confused as to why such a thing would be in a private building. It dawned on him soon though that his group's comeback was to happen during 'Jaemi Segye', which was exactly what the carnival on the poster was called. He smirked, knowing that he and the others could go to the carnival together – he was sure it would be fun. Another ding signalled his arrival at the ground floor with the doors sliding open with a metallic whoosh, a noise the rapper would always imitate. Only one more hallway was left until he reached the front reception and Yongguk couldn't of moved swifter if he tried, desperate to finally get home after his long day. A final wave goodbye to the smart-looking woman at the desk came from him before he walked through the big glass doors, relishing in the slight chill of the Autumn air. Luckily home was a short walk away, then he could finally relax.

 

Of course, rest never came easy when you shared a dorm with five other men.

 

 

As Yongguk finally stepped into the dorm, he wondered if coming home had been the best idea. The front hallway of the groups home looked completely trashed, with pillow cases and feathers lying everywhere. “What the-”

 

Hyung!” At the sight of Yongguk, both Himchan and Zelo raced down the hall with each skidding to a stop as the rapper pushed himself against the door behind him, wondering why he had to be paired with the idiots known as B.A.P.

 

“Yongguk hyung, where have you been!? Your monsters have been running riot and messing up my living room!” Himchan screeched, his arms flailing around while he held Zelo back, preventing him from speaking first. Yongguk let out a chuckle at the scene.

 

“Funny how they're my monsters when they do something wrong,” the eldest teased, receiving a glower from Himchan who had forgotten about holding back Zelo. The maknae himself, had not.

 

“Yongguk hyung! Himchan hyung is being so unfair and not letting me and Jongup hyung have any fun!” whined the tall boy, a look of pure distress settled into his baby-faced features. In reply, Yongguk could only glance towards Himchan, as if for conformation that what Zelo was complaining about was true.

 

No spoken reply came as the man known as Kim Himchan made a loud growl of disappointment before storming back down the hall, leaving both Yongguk and Zelo in awe. “Gee, you guys must of really pissed him off... did you break something?” the elder questioned, glancing quickly over to the younger of the duo before returning his gaze to the end of the hall, as if scared that Himchan would appear again and scream some more that he wasn't being paid any heed.

 

“No..? Nothing more than pillows at the most – but it wasn't any of the good cushions!” the boy hurriedly spoke, a genuine look of worry setting into his features as he turned to stare at Yongguk. “Himchan doesn't hate me, does he?”

 

Yongguk laughed. “Of course not!” Throwing an arm up, the older rapper let it fall casually around Zelo's shoulders despite the height difference, a smile stretching his lips as said boy lowered himself so as to become equal with his hyung. It was a small gesture that was common with the youngest and tallest of the group, as well as something Yongguk found so amusingly adorable. “He's just a little fumed up probably – I'm guessing Daehyun and Youngjae didn't do much to help him?” Zelo shook his head, no. “And, in all honesty, a pair of five-year olds the size of you two would give anyone grey hairs sometimes,” he chucked, leading the way down the front hall with a sigh. “You fret too much, let's just see this mess, ah?”

 

“Hi Yongguk hyung,” chimed both Daehyun and Youngjae, each sitting on the bare sofa as the cushions were on the floor... somewhere.

 

“Damn...” Yongguk mumbled at the sight, offering a tiny little wave toward the two oldest monsters, as Himchan called them. “You guys really did a number in here.”

 

Zelo nodded his head with a hum of agreement, sliding his hyung's arm from his shoulders as he bent down to pick up one of the few blankets splayed across the floor. “We made a fort.”

 

“And lost Jongup in the process, might I add,” huffed Himchan as he furiously chucked pillows left and right as if searching for something. Yongguk had to resist the urge to burst out in laughter – he knew the second youngest was easily confused, but to lose him in their own dorm? That had to be a record!

 

 

An hour or so later of cleaning – with five minutes of that used to rope Youngjae and Daehyun into helping – and once again the dorm looked clean and fresh. With tired sighs five members of the group all fell into the soft comforts of the sofa, Yongguk grabbing the TV remote before anyone else could get at it. Youngjae shot a slightly annoyed glance his way, but said nothing as the television flickered on and channels swooped past without a second to spare.

 

“Aish. Yongguk hyung you're not giving us time to see what's on,” whined Daehyun with a feeble attempt at grabbing the little black box from the elder's hand.

 

“That's because he's not interested in watching anything else than that new movie that was advertised to play tonight,” Himchan explained, leaning back into the sofa and closing his eyes with a tired groan. “I'm starting to think joining Jongup wasn't such a bad idea; all that cleaning has me exhausted.”

 

The group had eventually found Jongup, curled up and fast asleep on the floor beneath a mountain of blankets and cushions, ironically right where the fort had originally stood. It wasn't until after they had spent ages calling his name that Zelo remembered how his hyung had fallen asleep in their playhouse, sending Himchan off on another screaming fit.

 

“Shut up will you? The movie is starting now,” Yongguk ordered, leaning back into the sofa as the opening credits appeared on the screen with a blast of noise. Himchan, Youngjae and Daehyun all groaned in unison whilst Zelo stayed content to watch the movie. Despite this they sat in silence for the next hour and 40 minutes while the film played, giving exception to that one ad break where Daehyun had jumped up to make popcorn.

 

When the final credits eventually appeared on the screen Himchan couldn't of been happier, a groan of fatigue leaving him as his arms stretched above his head. “Thank goodness that's over,” he grumbled as Yongguk stood and took his leave. A sound of disbelief left Himchan. “Forces us to watch a silly war movie and then leaves without even switching off the television.”

 

“Go easy on him, hyung,” Daehyun chuckled as he followed the rapper into the bedroom, turning back with a tired smile set into his features. “He's had a long day after all. Oh-” he paused, looking back at the three remaining members who still resided in the living room after a quick turn away. “I'll let you guys take care of Youngjae.” With that – and a devilish little smirk – he retired to his bed.

 

“What's wrong with You-” Cut from his words as Himchan saw what Daehyun had been speaking about, he let out a hiss of 'you've got to be kidding me' before turning to Zelo. “Help me get this idiot awake.”

 

Zelo looked down at his hyung still on the sofa, noting that, yes, Youngjae had in fact fallen asleep during the movie and was now sitting open mouthed in the most unattractive sleep ever – drool and all. He couldn't help but giggle though as both he and Himchan started to shake the singer, calling out his name in soft coos with hopes of waking him quickly so they could sleep themselves.

 

 

Unbeknownst to the situation with Youngjae, Yongguk had wasted no time in switching his shirt and jeans for a pair of more comfortable flannel trousers, leaving his torso bare as he crawled into the comforts of his bed. Finally some rest after a long day, he had thought as a tired sigh passed his lips before sleep clutched him. It only seemed like seconds later though that he was awoken by a strange sound, his brows crossing together as his eyes stared into the darkness of the bedroom. Is that crying?


안녕하새요!

Welcome to the first chapter of Idol Babysitter! ^^

I shall warn you all now that I may not write the characters in this as acurately asd they would act in real life, but I'm trying my best.

사랑해!

안녕!