Glow. (Ravi - Part Five [Final])

Spectrum.

I remember gasping for air for a moment, my lids opening briefly to connect with Ravi’s now glowing gold eyes before a fiery heat was flowing through my blood system.

What had that man done to me?

It felt like I was on fire, the pain so excruciating that I couldn’t keep myself awake. I knew my heart was beating, for some reason I could make out its sound in my head.

I remember letting my eyes open when I felt myself being carried and all I could do was make out the faint lines that made up Ravi’s face. I tried to stay conscious until we had reached whatever destination they had picked, what I could only assume was Connor’s shop.

I feel myself being laid on something soft and when I am ready to let unconsciousness take over me, an immense pain is taking place in my being. It feels like all the bones in my body were being remade and for the millionth time tonight I can’t help but scream in agony.

Was this a curse?

“Stop…” I breathe, my eyes clenched in fear.

“Sera, it’ll be okay… I promise, now go to sleep,” Ken’s familiar voice is ordering me.

I reach out and grip his arm and give it a tight squeeze and for some reason he makes an agonizing sound. I feel a needle poking its way into my arm and I can’t fight off sleep now so I let my body become limp as some of the pain begins to fade away.

I don’t know how long I am kept sedated, but I only feel flickers of pain every once in a while. My skin is still heated, but only to the point where it feels like there are hot coals on it.

Every so often I can make out voices and they are all familiar ones. The one I listen for is Ravi’s, my ears twitching in interest when his husky voice coos my name. Sometimes I am certain his hand is holding mine or my hair. It’s ultimately calming as I wait for whatever this is to go away. I’m in the hands of loved ones, so I can only hope that whatever this was going to disappear.

**

“Sera?” I hear Ken mumble while a hand rests on my shoulder.

My lids pop open at the mention of my name as I watch him while he leans over me.

“That’s different,” He tells me with a smile, his eyebrows scrunching in interest as we make eye contact.

“What do you mean? Is there something on my face?” I ask, brushing my fingers against my cheeks.

My eyes widen when my supposedly broken arm feels no pain as it moves. Thinking I’ll be slow as I lean forward, I am shocked when I immediately jolt into a seated position. I lift both of my arms to look them over and my lips drop open in surprise.

“It’s… It’s healed?” I ask while my gaze lands on Ken.

“Uhm, yeah… Connor can talk to you about that. I’m going to go get her,” Ken tells me with worry.

“Is it something bad?” I question.

He only shrugs as he maneuvers through the door of my bedroom. No wonder the sleep had been at least comfortable…

I look beside me when I hear foot-steps, assuming someone else is close by but I am alarmed when I notice them coming from N on the opposite side of the room in his feline form. He is pacing on the inside windowsill while his tail stands straight.

I swear the sound of his feet had been right by my bed… How can I hear that so closely?

I shake my head lightly as my eyes begin to search the room for Ravi’s familiar frame and as I attempt to shift my legs there is a weight holding them in place as I struggle. When my gaze wanders to them, I can’t help but smile softly when I make out Ravi’s arms wrapped around them.

“No…” He whines somewhat adorably.

I chuckle quietly and bring my fingers to nudge at his shoulder.

“Ravi?”

I hear a creak by the window and take note of N sitting on the ledge, his mischievous pupils reflecting on the glass.

“Ravi?” I say a little more loudly, shaking his shoulder in attempt to wake him.

He groans in protest and tightens his grip around my calves. He’s curled around my feet and I roll my eyes with a smirk as I wish to see his eyes… I remember them being gold, but was that just a vision from my blood loss?

I lean over and almost press my lips to his ear in my final attempt to wake him up.

“Ravi?” I breathe in a soft tone.

I feel his body stiffen around my legs and I pull away when his breathing hitches. He sits up after uncurling himself from my bottom half and I gasp when I look over the face I was so used to, taking note of a couple changes in it. Not only are there gold eyes surprising me but there is a medium sized marking underneath of his right eye that swirls almost like a cresting wave.

“Ravi… You have…” I hesitate with, my hand lifting upward but stopping an inch away from his face.

What does he think of me after our escapade a few days ago?

“Seraphina,” he breathes.

We connect our gazes and in mere moments his grips mine to press it against his cheek, my fingers brushing against the marking underneath his eye. Ravi moves his mouth over my hand, the soft kisses from his lips sending chills through my body.

“You don’t hate me?” I question with water filling my eyes.

“Never,” he tells me quietly.

“But… I’m a… How?”

A tear begins to trickle its way down my cheek as he smirks at me, leaning forward. When he comes close to my face, his lips press against the tear carefully.

“It’s impossible to hate someone you love,” he speaks confidentially.

“I’m a witch… How can you not be mad for not saying a word for all the years we’ve known each other?” I ask as my voice becomes laced with frustration.

“I’m not mad… I’m upset you couldn’t trust me enough to say anything,” he replies with an annoyed toned.

I can’t get mad… He was right. But on the other hand, there was the idea that he could have left me if he hadn’t accepted me.

“Trust me… I’ll trust you. There are a lot of new things for both of us now, and I want to make sure I experience this… colour only with you.”

His hands grip both of mine as he seats himself comfortably in front of me. His back is to the door but I take note of the fact his ears are perked in interest.

What was going on? He seemed so understanding and part of him also seemed very different.

“Okay, I-” I begin with but am cut off by the sound of the door knob rattling.

The next thing I know I am laying on my back on the bed and I can hear a horrendous snarl coming from Ravi who is half hunched over me. Both of his hands are pressed against the bed closest to the door while the bottom half rest on the opposite side of me.

My eyes shift nervously as I watch his muscles tense through his t-shirt. The veins in his neck begin to protrude and I don’t dare to whisper his name. What’s going on? Why was he being like this?

“Don’t make me get the spray bottle,” Connor’s voice erupts from the door.

Ravi’s growling subsides and just as it comes to something faint, N is hissing at her statement. She inches closer to my spot on the bed so I can make out her face as she gives a roll of the eyes and sticks her tongue out at N in response.

“I’ll use it on you too.”

Ken chuckles as he moves into the room beside her and when the door clicks closed I notice Ravi’s muscles loosen.

“I don’t need the spray bottle… again,” Ravi whispers as he sits beside me.

I feel thoroughly confused as everyone settles into what is normally my bedroom and I wait for both Connor and Ken to explain just what has happened.

“Can someone please explain everything to me?” I ask quietly as I push myself into seated position once more.

Ravi’s eyes are gold once more as he stares at me and they quickly fade to their regular colour when Connor takes a seat on the edge of the bed. His gaze wanders to her and I follow suit, hoping I could get some answers.

“So… You may have noticed your boyfriend has gone through some changes,” She begins with.

Ken nods along as he stands a few feet behind her, watching my reactions to everything being said.

“Because we figured out just exactly what he is… He’s from a prominent werewolf clan, although the blood of it was hidden so well with human blood he didn’t know a thing.”

My mouth hangs open in surprise, “What?”

“He’s a werewolf,” Ken reiterates while Connor nods with a smile.

“How do you know for sure?” I ask as I move my gaze to Ravi who only half smiles.

“There’s specific markings one gets which helps depict the clan they come from. It’s quite easy for these things to lay dormant unless one accepts it or an adrenaline rush kicks in.”

“Is that what this is?” I wonder with my fingers touching the mark under his right eye.

“Uhm… Well, that one is for something different. His clan marking is on his chest,” She answers with.

“What does it mean?”

It’s immediately quiet and I concentrate on the sounds of both Ken and Connor. I can’t hear them moving whatsoever nor do I even hear their breathing.

Wait… why was I listening for them?

“What does it mean, Connor?” I ask again my voice growling slightly as I look to her.

“It’s a sign of a true mate,” She tells me with a soft smile.

I flush while apologizing for my frustration. Was I his true mate? This all seems so foreign to me, even though I have heard of legends of wolves for many years.

Ravi’s fingers drag along my leg and I smile to myself at the thought of spending eternity with the man I love.

“But, there’s more to this than just that… Honey, why don’t you levitate that hand mirror to me?”

I follow her pointing finger to the vanity on the opposite side of the room and smirk slightly. This spell was so easy, how could she ask me to do it?

I whisper the incantation… But nothing happens. I try again and watch the mirror lay flat on the surface of the wooden structure.

“What the…” I mumble as I wave my fingers at it.

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but whoever this person was drained most of your blood and magical capabilities…”

Her voice is shaking in what seems like anger and when I look to her hands the knuckles have whitened. I nod in understanding but I can’t help but feel melancholic. My eyes have begun to water but I keep the tears in as I keep the conversation going.

“It’s okay, I guess I can be a regular human being now,” I tell her.

She raises her eyebrows at my remark, “Not entirely.”

“What do you mean?”

“Dear, your boyfriend isn’t the only new werewolf on the block here,” Connor mumbles with gripping one of my hands.

“Excuse me?” I ask while turning to look straight at her face.

Ken is moving away towards the vanity but I concentrate all my senses on the woman I now considered my mother

“The only way for Ravi to save you was for him to bite you… And give you the werewolf ‘curse.’”

“This is a joke, right?” I gasp, wondering just how much I had changed.

Ken is standing behind Connor again and he hands her the hand mirror I had tried to levitate earlier.

“No, it’s not. He saved you… But you had to change along with the curse. You healed very quickly, although your bones are probably still slightly fragile,” She replies with, handing the mirror to me.

I feel strange as I take the mirror from her. Before I look, my fingers are gripping the handle tightly.

Did my face change?

When I stare into it my eyes are glowing gold just as Ravi’s had done moments ago.  On top of this the marking he had under his right eye was sitting underneath of my left one.

Is this real?

“Oh my god…” I manage to say as I search my face through the mirror.

Ravi whines quietly and I give him a look that makes him smile lightly.

“Well… at least we can get used to this together?”

“You’re not mad?” he questions.

“I already was a witch, and getting used to this will be interesting, but I’m happy that we’re both okay...”

He smiles brightly at me before moving forward to plant his lips on mine. I have a strange feeling running through my system when his hands press down on my shoulders and I don’t want to ignore it… Was this how he had been feeling while still ‘human’?

Connor coughs loudly to interrupt what was becoming a heated kiss. I giggle in embarrassment as she stares at us blankly.

“We can talk more later, but just let this sink in for now. There will be things that become increasingly more interesting such as the sense of hearing and smell… Maybe something else too,” She tells me.

I nod in agreement and when I glance at Ravi his eyes are glowing that somewhat familiar colour as he bites his bottom lip.

“I was wrong, you’re not like rabbits,” Ken tells us with a strange look before continuing, “You’re just like dogs.”

Ravi waves him off as his fingers begin to trail along my leg.

“Well, maybe-”

N cuts off Connor as he transforms into his human form, gasping as his fingers pound against the window for a moment.

My head immediately twitches in response to the sound, bringing my attention to him. Ravi has done so as well and his muscles have once again hardened.

“It’s her…” N breathes huskily before turning around to rush out of the room, simultaneously knocking Ken off balance.

He slams the door closed behind him and his footsteps are faint as they hit the bottom floor.

Who could he be talking about?

“Rude,” Ken laughs as he gets to his feet.

“Maybe he needs the spray bottle,” Connor mutters between tight lips.

I shrug a bit, interested in just who ‘her’ is. He’s never mentioned anyone other than Ellin, and that has only been once or twice in explanation of his past.

“Now, we should leave them, Ken,” Connor asserts as she grabs a hold of Ken’s wrist to pull him from the room.

“But-”

“Those gold eyes aren’t out of protection, trust me on that one.”

She closes the door behind her and the interesting scent they both carried in has left the room, only floating in certain areas.

I let my eyebrows perk in interest as I look over to Ravi whose eyes are still a glow and he is watching me like a hawk.

“What-” I being to ask but his mouth is suddenly cutting me off.

“Let’s talk later,” he tells me through heavy breaths as his lips begin to travel down my neck.

I feel my skin warm in an incredible way as his fingers dig into the skin of my thighs. I grip the collar of his shirt and gasp as adrenaline crawls through my system.

Was this how kissing felt for him all along?

He pulls away to look at my face but a strange growl quietly escapes my lips as I pull him back.

Should I be so aggressive about this? Was he going to think it’s weird?

I feel him smile against them and soon he is pushing me back onto the mattress as his shirt leaves his body.

I guess not then… Maybe being this creature wouldn’t be so bad.

There is a strange tribal shield marking on his left pectoral, and although new, I can’t help but almost feel familiar with it. It has become a part of him now. A part of me too, as we walked down a new road together becoming something out of the ordinary.

Before he kisses me again, he brings his lips to my ear and mumbles.

“I love the colour of your hair.”

My eyes widen and I smile to myself as I let my hands drape themselves behind his back. I pull him in for a kiss before we both surrender to our bodies for the evening.

 


 

It looks like Ravi and Sera's story has come to a close ~ yay! But don't worry, their characters will be in the background, as well as some development of their story, kekeke!

 

Can anybody guess who will be next? ;)