Endless Love

Youngjae Oneshots Corner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I gave a name for the oc/you character. I think I might as well do this for the rest of the chapters since it will be a lot more easier for me to write it. :D Enjoy reading!!

P/S: The words in Italic are the flashbacks! ^^

 

Hyejin was sitting on the armchair in her bedroom, flipping through her old journal that she used to write during her teenage years. Despite being nearly sixty this year, she still looks as healthy as a youngster.

“Mom?” a knock came from the door and Jihyun, the beloved daughter of hers and Youngjae, came into the room.

“Mom, what are you doing her all alone?” Jihyun asked as she kneeled beside her mother.

“Nothing, sweetheart.” She closed the book and gave her daughter a stiff smile.

By looking at her face, Jihyun knew very well that one reason which made her mother acted this way.

“Missing daddy?”

Hyejin just kept silent and tighten her hands around the old journal.

Jihyun straightened up and wrapped her arms around her mother.

“We all miss him too.” Jihyun whispered.

Hyejin tried her best not to burst into tears in front of her daughter. She swallowed the lump in and held onto Jihyun’s arms.

Yoo Youngjae, her bestfriend, her listener and her husband of thirty four years, had passed away two months ago, due to liver cancer. By the time they found out about the disease, it had already spreaded and reached the last stage.

For the past three months before he had passed away, Hyejin was glued to his side. Making sure to spend every seconds of the day with him. Youngjae will always cheer her up even though he was the one that caught up with the disease.

“Don’t you have a date with Jinyoung? It’s Valentine’s day.” Hyejin said.

“And leaving you alone while I’m having fun? No way!” Jihyun shook her head and tightened her arms around her mother.

Hyejin laughed and turned to face her daughter.

“You should meet up with Jinyoung. He must be waiting for you now.” Hyejin stood up and pulled her daughter out of the room.

They stopped at the front door and Jihyun turned around looking at her mother.

“Are you sure you will be okay?”

Hyejin nodded her head and pinched Jihyun’s cheek.

“Go and have fun. Don’t let my future son-in-law for waiting too long.”

She chuckled and kissed Hyejin on the cheeks before leaving the house.

Silence covered the whole room and the sadness were back to her. Hyejin sighed and went back into her room.

She sat back onto the armchair and continued reading her journal.

She flipped through the entr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter