It's Always Been You

Youngjae Oneshots Corner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll get it!” you rushed towards the front door when the door bell rang.

As soon as the front door was unlocked, a blond headed guy was standing with a backpack over one of his shoulders.

“Yo!” he saluted and gave you a bright grin.

“Took you long enough.” You said and turned around, leaving him with the open door.

Yoo Youngjae was your childhood buddy, your bestfriend, and also, your secret crush, which you wouldn’t admit it. You’ve been friends since you two were in diaper. Both your famalies were friends too, that makes you two got closer than ever.

It was yet another weekend, days which you two will spend at each others’ houses. And it was Youngjae’s turn to spend the days at your house, which means he will be staying overnight too. It was the habit that you two had since young.

Youngjae stepped into the house and closed the door behind him before proceeded inside.

“Is that Youngjae.?” Mrs Kim, your lovely mother who loves Youngjae like her own son, appeared from the kitchen. Her face brightened as soon as she saw him.

“Oh sweetie!” she hugged him tightly and patted his back.

“Hello immonim. It’s nice to see you again.” He greeted and hugged her back as well.

You just shook your head and continued to gulp down the glass of water you’ve left behind.

Your mother released him and pinched his cheek.

“Aigoo~ You’re getting more and more handsome!”

Youngjae chuckled.

“Have you eaten lunch yet? We’re about to start preparing.” Mrs Kim asked.

Youngjae pouted and shook his head.

“I’m extremely hungry and crave for immo’s cooking right now. I skipped breakfast so that I can fill up my tummy with your food.” Your mother’s eyes widened and before she started to panic, Youngjae smiled and reassured her.

“I’m just joking. I had my breakfast, but I’ll always have space for immo’s cooking.” He giggled.

Your mother  smiled and gently squeezed his hands.

“Alright. Lunch will be ready in 30 minutes. Why don’t you go and have some tea first?” Mrs Kim gestured and was about to bring out the teapot but Youngjae stopped her.

“It’s alright. I can help with the cooking.” He offered.

“Just pray that you won’t burn down our house.” You teased which earned a frown from your bestfriend.

“Says the one who nearly burn our school's kitchen last Tuesday during our cooking lesson.” Youngjae smirked. 

Mrs Kim chuckled and looked at the both of you. You bit your bottom lip and glared at him.

“Will you stopped with your smart talking and help me with this can food?” you passed him the can opener and the can luncheon meat, still glaring daggers at him.

Youngjae smiled and help you with it.

Lunch was done with the two of you helping out your mother, not without the bickering and teasing from each other.

And the dining table was full of joy with Youngjae doing the talking and joking while your mother was listening to him. You smiled and were glad that he was able to be this close to your mother, of course with the rest of your family members.

After lunch, Youngjae offered again to help with cleaning up the dishes but your mother pushed him out of the kitchen and up to the second floor where he will be spending the night at.

Youngjae entered ‘his room’ at the second floor and settled down his belongings. He sat down on the floor and leaned his back against the bed before taking his phone out to occupied himself with games.

Few minutes later, you came in with a tray of grapes. You kneeled down in front of him before placing the tray in between you two. You plopped one grape into your mouth before turning towards his phone.

“What are you playing?” “Game of course.” He answered, eyes still on the device.

You rolled your eyes and just ignored him.

Comfortable silence were surrounding the room besides the music of the game Youngjae was playing. You were peeling the grapes’ skin as you knew your bestfriend would never eat the grapes with the skin on.

He reached out and plopped one into his mouth before returning to his game. You grew bored and blew air into your cheeks.

“Yah. Stop playing. I’m bored to hell.” You complained.

“Wait, just a minute.” He said. You huffed and waited for him like he told you to.

“Yahoo!! Level clear!!” he cheered which startled you a bit. Youngjae put his phone away and looked at you with his signature smile.

“Well, what do you wanna do? Play chess, or monopo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter