Extra: Nine

What Lurks

"When is she coming?" Kyungsoo asks, a little flustered. Since he'd been at work, he hadn't found out about Jongin accepting Sehun and Jadzia's babysitting request until he got home. Now he's frantically trying to tidy up the kitchen so nothing falls of the worksurfaces and kills the poor girl. It's all Jongin's fault for acceptin on such short notice anyway, the idiot.

"She'll be here in almost an hour, I think," he replies casually. Kyungsoo stands up and stares at him incredulously until Jongin registers that he's stopped trying to tidy up, and looks up from the comic book he's reading. 

"What?"

"An hour?" Is that all? They have so little time to make this house childfriendly and Jongin didn't even tell him till he'd been home for an hour already, they've wasted so much time. 

"Uh...yes?" Jongin has the decency to look a little bit sheepish now, and even gets up to start cleaning away some of the potentially dangerous equipment they leave lying around their house. Like Knives and frying pans which could fall on her and stab or crush her while she runs around on her tiny little legs. Blaidd bounces around him, being generally unhelpful, asking repeatedly about Krysta and her tiny wolf, Lechinska. Kyungsoo doesn't understand what it is with Jadzia's family and unpronouncable names.

-

By the time Sehun is due to drop her off, Kyungsoo is almost satisfied with the place, and they needed to clean up a bit anyway. He's just tidying away a few more of their things from the floor of the living room where she'll most likely be spending most of her time tonight when the doorbell rings. He's surprised he didn't hear them coming.

"Coming!" He hears Jongin call, and then the door opens. There's a cry of "Uncle Jongin!" and a peal of high pitched laughter. Kyungsoo smiles to himself, but continues to  hide away, under the pretense of still tidying up. He still feels wary of little Krysta, but he thinks he's getting better. After their first meeting, he'd had to go through that 'getting used to her' stage every single time. It's quite tiring, especially since she doesn't give him that anymore instead running up to him and latching onto is leg.

"Where's Uncle Kyungsoo?" She asks plaintively- Kyungsoo can see her sad eyes in his mind's eye, and he smiles ruefully.

"In the living room, why don't you go find him?" Jongin encourages her, his words are a little muffled, so he assumes he'd picked her up or something. A moment later tiny footsteps are thundering through the corridor and sure enough, Krystal is coming, followed closely by her wolf.

She shreiks when she sees him, her short brown hair bouncing up and down as she runs. She's nearing four years old, and is still very small, but she's already showing a strong personality. She vehemently hates all things pink, so Jadzia is sure to but her clothes in all colours except that. Right now she's wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with a ladybird on it.

Kyungsoo spreads his arms wide for her, and lifts her off the ground when she reaches him,

"Hey there, cutie," he grins, making sure not to sueeze her too hard when hugging her. She's even more delicate than Jongin, and he still has to watch himself with him sometimes. He carries her out back to the front door to greet Sehun, who makes a big show of saying goodbye to his little girl, and makes her promise to be good and not cause trouble for them. She nods, and very, very seriously  says, "I promise," in her high pitched little voice.

The door finally closes, after an annoyed phone call from Jadzia who's waiting in the car.

"So what now?" Kyungsoo asks. He looks at Jongin to provide him with answers, but he just shrugs. Kyungsoo's blood boils: this was his idea in the first place!

"Krysta, do you want to watch TV?" Jongin asks her, stooping a little to get down to her eye level. Krysta nods, and says something unintellible, both Jongin and Kyungsoo look to each other to see if they understood, but no dice. Jongin shrugs, and holds his arms to take her but Krysta refuses to let go of Kyungsoo's collar, and glares at Jongin with the vehemence only a child could possess. Kyungsoo sighs, so Jongin has not only willingly invited a child into their hme, but the child has latched herself onto him. He's on baby duty then, he supposes.

This is all Jongin's fault.

"I hope you realise that there will be consequences." He threatens his husband, "you're not getting out of this without punishment," Jongin's eyebrows jump up in shock.

"What?" He squeaks,

"Jongin's been a naughty boy, huh, Krysta?" Kyungsoo recruits her, and she parrots him, glaring at Uncle Jongin with cutely furrowed eyebrows. She points at him, and says something else he doesn't actually understand, but he nods anyway.

"C'mon, let's go watch TV," he says, eyeing a bemused looking Jongin as he walks away from him and sets Krysta down on the sofa, next to where Blaidd and Lechinska are curled up. It warms Kyungsoo's heart, seeing them like this. Blaidd's got parental instincts, but Kyungsoo seems to not have any at all. He sighs, and help Krysta look for a channel she likes, the high screeching noises of the cartoons she likes playing havoc on his poor eears, but he stays with them any way.

Krysta chatters to him incessantly, clinging onto his sleeve and pointing out characters on the screen. Occasionally she twists the hem of her t-shirt between her tiny hands, wrinkling it and creasing it. About half an hour later she toddles off into the hallway and brings back a tiny ladybug rucksack, filled with toys. There's s stuffed cat with a bow on it's head, which she places on the ground and a teaset, adorned with flowers. She dictates what they do, saying things like,

"Say: 'excuse me Mrs Kittykins, may I have a cup of tea?" and "ask me if I'll pour you another cup," and making pouring noises when tipping up her floral teapot. Kyungsoo doesn't question her, not wanting to do anything that might possibly make her cry. After about an hour of this, Kyungsoo checks the time and calls for Jongin, asking when they should feed her and with what. 

"Sehun said either a ham sandwich or pasta, didn't you hear him?" 

"No, I didn't," he mumbles. He was probably too busy cleaning and fretting over the state of the house.

"Krysta?" He waits until he has her attention, "What would you like to eat?" She perks up immediately, shouting a garbled attempt on the word spaghetti. Jongin nods, and cheesily points his finger and clicks his tongue before scooting back into the kitchen so Kyungsoo can't say anything. 

-

Krysta is not a tidy eater, and Kyungsoo wishes they'd had the foresight to make her wear a bib. Sehun is going to kill them for allowing her to ruin her t-shirt, he thinks, looking at the offending garmet, covered in brownish red blotches. Cleaning her up is no easy feat either, as she refuses to stay still to let them come at her with a wet cloth. It takes Jongin pinning her down on the floor so Kyungsoo can wipe her face and hands, after she's wiped it on half of their clean furniture of course.

They try to clean some of it off her clothes too, but it only half works, do now her top is damp and messy. Kyungsoo grimaces at the sight. Children are truly revolting creatures. Krysta smiles up at him, dragging him back to their tea party. Ok, so maybe they're not completely awful. 

-

When Sehun arrives to pick his daughter up, nearly two hours later, Krysta is asleep, tucked between Blaidd and Lechinska on the floor. Kyungsoo is surprised how quickly she and his wolf had warmed up to each other, and how gentle he was around her, nudging her softly and nosing at her cheek affectionately. He could feel himself softening everytime he looked at them together. As much as he hates to separate them, he needs to bring her to Sehun. Gripping her under ur arms, he lifts her up, head lolling over her shoulder.

Blaidd, who was never asleep, just quiet for once, followed by Lechinska, comes out to see them off. 

"Here she is,"

"Aw, she's exhausted, what were you doing?" Sehun chuckles, taking his child back into his arms. They look alike, he can see his face shape on hers. Sehun already has her rucksack slug over his arm, Jongin had tidied it up soon after she's fallen asleep. Krysta moans, shifting in Sehun's arms and blinking awake.

"Hey there, sweetie," Sehun croons, fatherhood suits him so well, "are you going to say bye bye to uncle Kyungsoo and Uncle Jongin?" She nods, her head resting against Sehun's neck, and waves at them both, then hides her face.

"Bye bye, Krysta," Jongin whispers. He elbows Kyungsoo, 

"Bye," he mutters, a sadness washing over him. He really hates to admit it, but he'll miss her.

"You and Jadzia should go on dates more often, we're happy to look after Krysta for you," Jongin offers. Sehun grins,

"I'll bear that in mind. Anyway, I should take Krysta home and put her to bed. See you guys soon," He waves with his free hand, then starts walking back up the driveway to where his wife is parked. Jongin shuts the door, and pulls Kyungsoo to him, holding him. They haven't had the chance all day, so Kyungsoo reaches up and kisses his husband, slowly, just for the sake of kissing him.

"So," Jongin says, in between kisses, "I hope you don't mind me volunteering us for babysitting more frequently?" 

"Not at all," Kyungsoo says, then leans forward to kiss the growing smug smile off Jongin's face. Truth be told, he likes Krysta.


yoooo i have returned with another drabble thing since people seemed to want more kaisoo+baby interaction. Krysta is about 3 here

sorry if there are any typos tbh everything i write is word vomit i rarely check through anything ^^;

yep, so, comments? anyone? yeah