Extra: Seven

What Lurks

Kyungsoo is buzzing with nerves, and so is Blaidd. He's in the car, Jongin's driving, and they're both on their way to Sehun and Jadzia's house. He's been there before of course, but just the act of visiting isn't what's got them so anxious. 

Jadzia recently gave birth to a baby girl, and they've been invited over to meet her for the first time, since they aren't close relatives and therefore weren't allowed in the hospital.  Not that either of them would want to be that close to a woman giving birth anyway.  He hadn't seen much of her during her pregnancy, but Jongin went to see Sehun quite regularly, and he reported back on her progress, so it wasn't like he was clueless about how she was doing. 

They haven't decided on a name for the little girl yet, not wanting to choose one that doesn't suit her. They have a whole range of names to choose from, because of Sehun's Korean heritage and Jadzia's Polish background, and anything they can find on the internet, but they want to pick something pretty that matches her personality.

Jongin pulls up at their house, parking on the road outside because their driveway doesn't have enough room for more than one car and they both get out, the frigid evening air biting at their faces. Jongin takes Kyungsoo's hand and smiles warmly at him, his touch driving away the frostiness of the outdoors and ultimately calming him. They walk up the small path to the front door and Jongin rings the doorbell, with Blaidd at their heels demurely.

There's a small scuffle behind the white painted door, before its opened, bringing a blast of the odour that is purely Jadzia. Kyungsoo still can't get used to the way she smells; its just so different. Its not home, its other, and collective pack scents are supposed to repel other wolves. That's the whole point of their existance, besides identification of individuals.

"Jongin! Kyungsoo!" she exclaims in greeting, doing a brilliant job of concealing her distaste for Kyungsoo's smell too. They have nothing against one another as people, they can't help the way they smell, it's just an unfortunate part of life. 

"Jadzia," Jongin hugs her, completely oblivious to the large grey shewolf standing serenely beside him. Łowczyni - Kyungsoo still can't pronounce her name correctly, but he respects her all the same. She has a steadfast aura about her, and she is difficult to sway. She and Blaidd don't always get along because he's hyper and bouncy, affenctionate, and she prefers to sleep and resent whoever prevents her from doing that. Blaidd is guilty.

They're invited inside, all of them relocating to the living room where Sehun is sat on the sofa cradling a tiny human being. She's wearing a white babygro and staring up at Sehun with wide, inquisitive eyes that match her mother's and a mouth which is surely inherited from her father. She isn't making any noise, but she looks so sweet and so very breakable. Kyungsoo doesn't want to go near her, for fear of hurting her. 

Sometimes he's even wary of his strength with regards to Jongin, because he's by no means built, delicate even, compared to him.

"She's adorable," Jongin murmurs in awe, kneeling down on the floor next to Sehun to get a closer look. Kyungsoo looks around for a baby wolf and is happy to find a tiny white puppy on the floor in a corner, sleeping. So the baby is going to grow up as a female wolf. Jadzia will have to take great care of her, as both of them are rarities in their world, and are sought after.

Kyungsoo watches with jealous fascination from the other sofa as Sehun passes his daughter to Jongin, teaching him how to hold her properly so he supports her head. The little girl babbles at Jongin, and Kyungsoo can see it in his eyes; Jongin is captivated by her already. Not that he isnt too, even from over here, but he can't help being slightly jealous of her. Usually such adoration is reserved for him.

Ever so carefully, Jongin sits up next to Sehun, and they both coo at her, 'manly pride' forgotten. Kyungsoo would like to say hello to her as well but doesn't dare go near her. A moment later, Łowczyni stalks in with her head held high, followed by Jadzia. 

"You dont want to hold her?" Jadzia asks, flixking her long brown hair over her shoulder. She'd grown it out since they'd met. Jongin looks up at the sound of her her voice, not having heard her come in,

"Yeah, Kyungsoo, you should come over here," Jongin smiles one of his devastating smiles but Kyungsoo resists. He shakes his head,

"I'm good here," he says, smiling falsley when Jongin gives him a worried glance. Jongin clearly doesn't believe him, but the baby gurgles at him so he switches his attention back to her.

Kyungsoo fidgets, and settles for watching Blaidd jump around lithely and bother the grey she wolf who live here.

"Play with me!" Blaidd barks, sniffing at her and whining pitifuly. She gives him a distasteful look and rolls over, trying to get to sleep, not that that is likely to happen in here. Blaidd gives up on her and goes to visit the little girl in Jongin's arms, her tiny fingers clinging onto one of Jongin's large ones.

"Baby!" he barks excitedly, wagging his tail fast enough to make it blurry even for Kyungsoo's eyes. Blaidd jumps up, resting his forepaws on the edge of the sofa and makes a show of sniffing and the delighted little girl, who shrieks and laughs. Jongin looks startled but pleased at her reaction to what he perceives as nothing, but Sehun looks up suspiciously,

"Who is that? Is it Blaidd?" he chuckles, 

"Yes, it's Blaidd," Jadzia confirms, and they share an intimate look which Kyungsoo wants no part in. He drifts off, following his own trains of thought and not participating in the conversation that the others are holding. He stares around the room and looks at the decor. A lot of the picture frames are filled with photos of them together, with friends and family. Both of them are a lot more sentimental than Jongin and himself. In four to five year kyungsoo's sure there will be pictures of their baby girl up everywhere all over the house, and he finds himself feeling a hint of jealousy.

Does he want a child? No, not really; they're hard work and they wouldn't be able to have one anyway without adopting. Is he scared of the baby? No, he's more scared of himself. Scared of his own strength. He doesn't want to accidentally hurt her. 

He sighs, drawing Jongin's attention back to him.

"Kyungsoo, are you sure you don't want to say hello?" he asks softly,eyebrows creasing together cutely. He can feel himself caving, just from that look, and he knows its visible on his face, too, when Sehun snorts. He shoots him a glare, then gets up to go a crouch by his mate and the baby. It's only a matter of time before he falls for the little as-of-yet nameless girl in his arms. He smiles down at her but doesn't dare touch her. Babies are weak, fragile and delicate he could damage her if he touches her wrong.

Jongin senses his discomfort and lets him look at her for a second before taking him by the wrist, and with confused compliance Kyungsoo lets Jongin guide his hand towards the baby. He picks apart his fingers and presses his index finger against the baby's open hand, and she instantly clings onto it, with the innate reflex designed to help them cling onto their mothers.

She opens and lets out a sting of noises that sound like a combination of laughter and an attempt at talking to him. He melts, he can't help it. But that does not mean he wants to try holding her,and he backs away when Sehun suggests it.

"C'mon Kyungsoo. Just for like a few seconds," Jongin cajoles him, but he shakes his head and runs away back to the sofa next to Jadzia. He finds himself under scrutiny from everyone in the room and he is hard pressed not to blush at the attention.

"What are you afraid of?" Jadzia asks, able to smell the panic wafting off him in ragged wisps. He closes his eyes and counts to ten,

"I don't want to hurt her," he confesses. Both Sehun's and Jongin's faces drop dramatically,

"You won't hurt her!" Sehun suddenly laughs, "she's a durable little thing. I'm pretty sure i might have dropped he at one point- not far! Only onto the sofa! -and she just rolled over and laughed, she didn't even cry. Don't worry, just-" he grabs Kyungsoo's forearms but because he isn't Jongin, Kyungsoo stares at him with a blank expression, until Sehun stops, "please?" Kyungsoo relents.

He lets Sehun sit him down, and then school his arms into the right position, but makes sure he knows how he feels about it but sighing loudly and rolling his eyes. Jongin just snorts at him, having been the one of the people these techniques were used on when they were younger, and Kyungsoo can't hold back the small smile that threatens to take over.

He finds himself regretting this decision as Jongin carefully transfers the baby into his arms, his elbow supporting her head. She's warm. And very light, a lot lighter than he expected for some reason. He was right, she's so breakable this was a bad idea, he begins to panic and tries to hand her back but irritatingly Jongin dances out of reach.

He looks down at the baby with a scared grimace, and self depriciatingly laughs at himself. The next Alpha of the North Border Pack, afraid of a five day old infant. Blaidd, gets up from where he was lying next to Łowczyni to investigate, at her and making her laugh again. A moment later he hears a noise from the corner of the room, and doesn't have to look up to know it's her wolf waking up. 

"That's a point," he says, trying his best to move as little as possible so he doesnt hurt her, "has she shifted yet?" he directs his question at Jadzia, who is now sat with her feet up on the couch next to Jongin, looking fondly at her daughter.

"Not yet, but I think it should be soon," she hums, watching the tiny wolf cub waddle along the floor in front of her then fall flat on her face. Łowczyni huffingly gets up and picks her up by the scruff of her neck, settling down again with her nestled by her stomach. Blaidd takes advantage of her being awake and bounces around her, teasing her playfully. Blaidd would make a good father to a wolf pup, and its a shame he'll never get the chance to be one. Same with Jongin, really.

Kyungsoo's attention is drawn away from them when the tiny human he is holding flaps her arms down, jostling her legs like she's stamping her feet on his arm. She grumbles, and Jadzia hands him a toy from nowhere. Feeling stupid, he waves the rattle above her, the beads or whetever inside make a pleasant sound, and she reaches up to grab it. Kyungsoo gives it to her, and lets her smack him in the chest with it. Sehun laughs,

"Not even a week old and she's bullying the guys." he comments, and he and Jongin chuckle together at his expense. 

They digress, and begin talking about work and recent things they've all done (besides giving birth of course) and possible names that suit her, but Kyungsoo feels like this is a ploy to make him get used to her faster. But he has to admit its working, his arm is curled around her more naturally now, and she's stopped hitting him which is a plus. 

Suddenly she starts crying, and damn, she is loud! She's as loud as a police siren, and the noise is just as piercing. Jadzia is quick to move, plucking her from his unresisting graps and pulling up her t-shirt. The moment he realises what's about to happen he politely averts his eyes, still wincing at the intense noise levels the tiny girl is able to produces. She suddenly quietens down, and Kyungsoo realises she must be feeding now. He looks back quickly, not wanting to see anything he shouldn't be, and is relieved to see Sehun has thrown what looks like a blanket over her, but on closer inspection is more like a half-poncho. 

"Sorry, Kyungsoo. I'd let you feed her, but you aren't exactly equipped to deal with it, are you?" she smirks, and her brash comment, causes the two best friends to snort like little children. He tries to glare at them but ultimately fails, resisting the urge to laugh too.

"No, I don't," he agrees.

-

A good while later, after everyone had been fed (Sehun had been practising his cooking, so he'd left to go and make dinner for them) Kyungsoo and Jongin are getting ready to leave. Kyungsoo almost doesn't want to, and ignores the leer Jongin gives him when he says goodbye to the baby. Jadzia makes her wave to them with her tiny little hands as they walk down the driveway, surprised at how dark its gotten. Has time really passed by so fast?

"So, I take it you like her after all then?" Jongin asks smugly, at a traffic light. Kyungsoo glares at him, pouting, and pointedly ignore the wheezing laughter from the back seat belonging to his wolf.

"Shut up,"

---

 

i didnt know how to finish this it ended up being so long wth

btw the wolves are kinda like ghosts in nature, and only werewolves can see them

ok so i mostly did this because i wanted to explore sehun and jadzia's life a bit more but someone also asked for jongin and kyungsoo to have a child and this is the next best thing since if i do mpreg wifey would kill me ^_^

unless someone else has a prompt for me i think im going to leave this fic now ;~; so sad but i want to work on other things too

THANK YOU to everyone who has subscribed, commented and upvoted i cant believe how many friends ive made because of this thing (*^3^)/~♡

also if you like kittyau hunhan  

tumblr | ask.fm