the rhythm of life. pt. 3

his favorite. {{currently not taking requests}}
(a Jungmin of SS501 story)

requested by the lovely dongsaeng nehakpoplover4ever

characters and story idea are hers! (not the real JungMin tho...that is slavery. bad!) if you liked the story show her love!!!

 

if you want to listen to the song they're singing while reading, here's a vid ^^ (sorry about the ad...SUPPORT SM!...with view counts.)

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was only past noon when Jungmin began wondering the halls looking for his singing partner. Although they agreed to sing her song, he had already decided on a duet for them. He paced outside the vocal wing checking his watch again and again. Something inside of him ached with excitement, although he wasn’t sure why. “Where are you?” he muttered glancing at the time.

He began to fidget looking up and then across the halls. Unsure of the cause of his jittery behavior, he passed it off as lack of sleep, though it was caused from the anticipation of today. He sighed and slumped himself into a corner checking the empty halls for the countless time.

“What if I choke again,” he thought to himself rubbing the sides of his forehead. The boy was in fact talented, but because of his stage fright he had been held back in his vocal classes. He talked over and over with his teachers looking for the cause of the sudden development, but none of them were much help.

They all were the same. “I don’t know what to tell you, a talented outgoing boy such as yourself could be a brilliant star. It’s such a shame that you can’t find your voice on stage,” the taunting words rung in his ears. He hadn’t thought about it when he made the deal with Yuri and to be honest he was terrified. What if he choked again, but in front of her? Sure, they weren’t close and she didn’t seem to think much of him, but he still didn’t want her to think badly of him.

“Annyo!” a girl said cutely to the boy dropping him out of his narrative. “Oppa~ are you alright?” the girl asked. “You’re not your usual cheery self.”

He looked at her smiling weakly. “Anni, I’m fine. Have you seen Lee Yuri?”

She made an aegyo face and when it won her no recognition from the dazed boy she sighed. “I haven’t seen that girl all day. I think she’s sick or something.”

The boy bit the inside of his cheek and pushed passed her eyes searching for Yuri.    

The hallways flooded with people and he realized luck was not on his side remembering the height of the girl. He held out his arms and waved them madly. “I need my partner Lee Yuri!” he yelled jumping on his toes.

The girl dropped her head and walked past the boy. Was he trying to humiliate the both of them? Because she thought he was doing a pretty good job. She stepped beside him and shoved him lightly.

“Yuri!” he said with excitement and the girl lifted her eyes carefully.

“Are you trying to get into detention?” she asked starting to pull on his arm.

He was surprised by her reaction and clasped his hand around hers pulling her back into an embrace. Before she could push him away he shoved something to her ear and music began to play.

 

No you can't let go of me, stick around even though it’s tough on you

 

Yuri looked up at the boy who was singing to the instrumentals that filled her head. He wanted to sing now?

 

If I can see you even for a while, I will attempt to laugh as much as love there is left.

 

She gave up as her eyes connected with his. There was something different about the way he looked at her. He was no longer smiling but she could tell he was happy. His hands made their way to her face and she could help the smirk that danced at her lips.

 

Timeless…

It's not a parting, if it's once in a lifetime, it is us

Hold tight baby, timeless

Burry it in this heart, like a momentary fever, it will only hurt for a moment

We both agree...this is timeless~

Love

 

His fingers curled around her ears as she sang the next verse on her own. She was lovely, mouth parting as a blissful voice carried the tune throughout the school. He couldn’t stop himself from gazing into her eyes as she continued the song.

 

Hold my hand, don't leave

Timeless...

It's not goodbye, if it is once in a life time it is us

Hold tight baby,

Timeless

Bury it in my heart, like a momentary fever it will only hurt for a moment

We both agree this is timeless...

Love

 

Her body wrapped around his as she hit every note staring up at him. The two of them were lost in the song unable to notice the group of students that had gathered around them.

 

We both agree,

This is timeless,

This is timeless

Love~

 

By the time Yuri realized she was on her toes, the boy had craned his neck over her diminishing the space between them. His nose brushed against hers and she couldn’t look away. During the course of the song, something happened to her and every thought of being alone disappeared.

The boy looked at her holding her chin up so she couldn’t look away. “I think I know why you smile when it rains.”

She looked at him, eyes searching for some kind of joke. This didn’t seem like good humor.

“You like the rain because it connects people,” he smiled pressing his forehead to hers. “You’re not a brat, you’re just lonely.”

She fought back tears and grabbed a fist full of his shirt. How could he have so easily figured her out? She lived with her parents for sixteen years and not once did they realize this. But he knew her for only a few days and had already come to the correct conclusion.

“What’s all of this commotion?!” a voice yelled down the hallways. “You should be in class,” he scolded the crowd of students.

The boy winked at her quickly stealing a kiss and pushing her behind him.

“Teach I was just-”

The gigantic man held his hand up to silence the boy. “You were singing, I heard. Just explain to me why it had to be in the school during class!” He glanced at the lingering students. “Get to class!” he hissed and they quickly dispersed.

Yuri pressed her ear to the boys back trying her best to hide her flushed face. “Well you see,” the boy began. His voice vibrated throughout his entire body causing Yuri’s heart to race. Sure, she’d had a few friends before, but Jungmin was different. He didn’t stick around because she had money, she wasn’t even sure if he knew.

Jungmin continued to ramble and her heart pounded louder. All she could focus on was the kiss he gave her only moments ago. She couldn’t understand her own feelings, thus couldn’t even fathom his. She dug her nose into his back almost like she was hiding from him. His hand found its way to hers and held it tight as the teacher snorted and yelled that he’d see him in detention.

“Hew, he didn’t notice you,” Jungmin sighed taking both of her hands in his.

She lowered her face so that he couldn’t see her red hot face. “Why did you do that?” she muttered biting her lip.

He shook his head, “Why would I want the new girl to get detention?”

She dropped her forehead onto his chest. “Not that.”

“Oh!” he gasped and embarrassment crept up his face. “I guess it was kind of a thank you thing.”

She looked down at her hands that were covered with his. “What are you thanking me for?”

He gulped and started walking her to class. “It’s nothing. Nothing at all.”

She pulled him back and looked up at him cheeks still red. “Anni, explain to me! It’s not fair that you figured me out so quickly and I know nothing about you.”

He sighed deeply. “You were smiling when I sang,” he mused kissing the top of her hands. She blushed a deeper red and he laughed to himself. “You gave me my voice. I lost it a while ago and you helped me bring it back.”

She lifted her eyes and saw that he was bent down nose to nose with her. She quickly ducked her head down but he inched his way closer and breathed lightly on her lips. “You know, sometimes you can be so childish.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i'm a little out of it right now. sorry. it's true. so if the ending was weird, i appologize.

(sorry about the rambling below...you can stop reading now ^^)

if you were at all curious, this school is not all fictious. D: i know right? but seriously i based it off of my school. nehakpoplover4ever wanted her to start off in a new school and somehow sing with jungmin...but the whole time i kept thinking about the vocal department at my hs haha. i was a visual arts major, and if i had taken Jungmin's directions, i would have ending up in the science and tech department...sighs.

the most difficult part about this story was finding a song for them to sing together. i kept thinking "I Know" by SeungRi ft. IU, but that would have been too irrelevent >.> and then i remembered "Timeless" by Zhangliyin and Junsu ~classic.

(no really, you can stop O_o)

i looked for the lyrics and ended up changing them a little (because the person who translated obviously doesn't have english for a first language haha it was pretty funny). but i didn't relized i'd only seen the second part video. it didn't make much sense but i didn't care at the time. a few hours ago i found part one...and cried like a baby. TTATT Hangeng is one of my favorites in SuJu (not because he's chinese, but because for the longest time he had a lot of trouble with hangul...it was cute, kind of like Nickhun. *rambles*) and i'm not a hug fan of Siwon, so when he shot Hangeng i was like sdkleiurgiquehrfg YOU! and then cried when Hangeng died (watched pt 2 over again). i do like Siwon, but for some reason he irritates me when he's not in SuJu M. in the sub group he's pretty dorky and calm, but i dunno it seems like he changes when he goes back to SuJu, maybe he has a twin...

if you read alllllll~ of that. haha you've got such a brave soul. (this note appears longer than the story ._.)

much love,

meng

 

still accepting requests! (i've only had this one so far haha ^^') while working i thought of a Key story...and it's a bit outragous, but i kind of want to write more than just SHINee stories :)