his favorite. pt 2

his favorite. {{currently not taking requests}}

The two of them walked in silence as the baby clung to his mother’s shoulder. EunAe’s heart raced with excitement as she kissed the baby nestled against her neck.

On the other hand, Minho could only steal glances of his friend while jealousy began to tear him up. How could she not tell him about something so big? It wasn’t just another boy she hid from him, but another human being she hid altogether.

He battled with himself thinking of logical reasons that she would keep this from him, but nothing seemed to make sense. They were best friends after all, weren’t they?

She guided the boy up the stairs and to her floor. The lights flickered before gaining a constant stream of energy to reveal an exceedingly empty apartment. “This is where we live,” she smiled kissing the child’s cheek.

Minho looked at her in horror but tried desperately to hide his notion. “Is it just the two of you?” he asked heart becoming weaker by the second. His chances of confessing his unrequited love were becoming more and more painful as she tenderly kissed the baby in her arms.

“Now it’s the three of us,” she grinned handing Minho the child.

He looked at the boy who pouted and then reached for his collar. Every fiber in his body was starting to collapse and he stumbled backwards until he hit the door. The baby giggled at the jolt and started to pat the older boy. “Where is…” Minho mumbled as he slid down the doorframe.

EunAe knelt down next to them brushing the hair out of MinKyung’s face and then the side of her friend’s cheek.

“Uh-mah!” the baby smiled leaning towards his mother.

She clapped her hands together and outstretched her arms.

Minho remained paralyzed holding the baby out of fear that he would fall. “How old is he?” Minho asked gripping the baby’s sides.

“Fifteen months,” the girl said sliding a finger down the child’s nose causing him to laugh.

The boy breathed deeply as he watched the two play. “He was born in December?”

She rested her head against his knees and combed the baby’s hair. “Just like his father,” she sighed patting his legs.

“Where is he?” Minho asked, jealously turning to anger at the mention of her other love.

“He’s very close,” she cooed tilting her head upright. “I don’t think he knows.”

Minho passed the baby to EunAe and rubbed his face with his hands. “Why would that bastard leave you?” he growled unable to control the anger in his voice.

“He had a good reason,” she smiled holding his face in her hand.

Minho looked at her with solemn eyes. “What reason is good enough to leave you?” he breathed eyes boring into hers.

Tears began to slide down her cheeks as she realized he honestly didn’t know. “He left for the army only after I got pregnant.”

Minho’s anger changed to confusion as his friend started to cry. She couldn’t stop herself even as she held her son tight. “Choi Minho, you’re his father,” she sobbed squeezing the baby to her chest.

--

The night was quiet as EunAe put her son down to sleep. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Minho asked leaning across the table to the girl.

“I didn’t know how,” she breathed looking dazed into her cup.

Minho took her hand rubbing his fingers across her knuckles. “How did this happen?” he sighed laying his head against the table.

“You know how it happened,” she mused remembering the night before he left.

He pleaded with his friend, “But it was only that one time.”

She began to trace the outlines on his palm and laughed to herself. “It only takes one time.”

His hands clasp themselves around hers. “I’m sorry, it wasn’t right for me to have taken advantage of you,” he apologized.

EunAe started to feel hurt. “Maybe it was just a before-I-go-into-the-army-thing,” she thought to herself gripping her emotions and burring them deep. “You gave me the greatest gift in the world,” she smiled pulling his cap off his head. “Don’t ever feel sorry for me. That boy is the best thing that ever happened to me.”

She felt tears stinging her eyes. For two years she had hoped that her son had been conceived out of love, but this was now supporting the idea of lust.

Minho walked around the table and pulled her up into a tight hug. If only he had kept his feelings from her and made no advances that night, then there would be no child. He knew how painful it must have been for her to finish her final year of high school pregnant and without him there. It hurt him to think that there was nothing he could do.

“Just forgive me for leaving you,” he whispered into her neck.

Her fingers grazed the edge of his hairline. “I forgive you.”

--

EunAe woke the next morning to the cries of a hungry baby. “Minho, I need to,” she began motioning for her friend to release his hold around her waist. He moaned and his grip became tighter.

“Let me up,” she stressed and he rolled her over playfully.

He let her stand but leaned against her, arms still strapped around her middle. He breathed in her scent and chuckled. “I’m not letting go of you ever again.”

A smile started to tug at one end of her lips. “Minho, I need to feed MinKyung.” The two wobbled over to the crib and EunAe picked up the baby swinging him lightly in hopes that he would calm down. “Minnie, can you say Appa?” she smiled tickling the baby’s nose.

He looked at her curiously and then knowingly looked to Minho.

“He has your eyes,” she said losing herself.

“He has your nose,” Minho teased into her ear.

She ran her finger over the baby’s mouth causing him to smile. “He has you lips.”

Minho took the boy and looked him in the eyes. “MinKyung, I’ve got an important job for you.”

The baby blinked almost understandingly and he kissed the baby softly making him giggle, “Look at Umma,” Minho cheered and the baby stretched back to his mother. “Now, bbo bbo.” He leaned forward and kissed his mother.

EunAe blushed wildly and turned MinKyung so that Minho couldn’t see her. “How about some applesauce,” she murmured.

Minho sat down holding the boy and watched as EunAe fed him. His eyes traced her figure as she gave the baby a spoonful at a time. He soon became stuck on her smile, watching as she talked to the baby and played with his food.

“You’re a great mother,” he found himself saying and she looked up at him with the same loving eyes that she had for the baby.

“I think you’d make a great father,” she giggled smearing mushy apple sauce on his cheek. She laughed even harder while MinKyung watched his father try to the sauce with his tongue. “Let me,” she said leaning over to rub it away with her fingers.

Minho kissed them gently as she wiped away the food. She froze when he reached for her hand and kissed her palm. Her heart couldn’t take this kind of teasing. After being in love with her best friend for so long, to just have him kiss her like that was unreal. She thought of the only other time that he had kissed her and hid her face behind her hair. It was the night before he joined the army. That night he kissed her over and over, telling her he was sorry that he was leaving, but that it was something he needed to do.

But her feelings would only ever be the embodiment of that night and her son.

She looked up at him and noticed him eyeing her. Her breath shuttered as she pulled her hand away and went back to feeding the baby.

“Will you let me?” Minho asked leaning across their son.

Still stuck in her own narrative, EunAe had to ask what he was talking about. He sighed, “Will you let me be his father?”

She looked at him confused. “I have no say in the matter. You are what you are.”

He looked at her and smiled coolly. “So I can stay?”

She smiled, “How could I say no to my best friend?”

His feelings were hurt, but only a little. He wished she would stop calling them friends, parents seemed to have a better ring to it, but he longed for them to be together.

He motioned with his hand for her to come closer. She obediently leaned forward until they were nose to nose. He smiled at her innocence and gave her a peck on the lips. She quickly jumped back covering .

“I think I need something to eat,” she muttered getting up to walk past him.

He pulled her arm making her bend down towards the floor. She heart raced as he inched his face closer and closer to hers until their lips touched again. “Don’t think of me as just that anymore,” he whispered into . She looked at him startled and he began to speak again. “We made this beautiful baby out of love; please tell me it was love.”

She had to catch her breath before she was able to nod a yes. He held her chin up with one hand as he strapped the baby with the other. “Saranghae, I’ve always loved you,” he cooed grazing her bottom lip.

“I’ve always loved you too,” she cried wrapping an arm around his neck. Her lips carelessly kissed him as his lips curled into a smile. He kissed her again and again until the baby started to whine. He laughed ruffling the boy’s hair and smooched the top of his head. “Don’t worry,” he said trying to sooth the baby’s cries. “You’re both my favorites.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

after watching hello baby, i've always seen him as the caring type. gah~ so much nonsense that i just deleted from this A/N ._. please excuse me. anyways that was the end of "His Favorite" if you didn't catch it. I would say that it's the final chap, but i want to keep this open for anyother oneshots/short stories i write.

much love,

meng.

 

i hope you somewhat enjoyed my fail~ this was my first time writing in this style (3rd person) please let me know if you liked it...or if i should never write in 3rd person again ._.

 

another Minho fic i'm working on: dear hyung, i think i love you