partners.

his favorite. {{currently not taking requests}}
(a JongHyun story)

 

DaeNa eyed the boy who merely stared back. “What do you want?” she asked clicking her pen against her desk.

“Let me work on the assignment,” he pleaded leaning over her desk.

She sighed deeply and collapsed her upper body onto the desk. “I said it a thousand times, no.”

“This boy is nuts,” she thought to herself tucking her nose underneath her arm. Who in their right mind would want to create a solar system? And with her of all people?!

“Just let me,” he begged inching nearer. His mouth was so close to her ear that his breath tickled her skin sending shivers down her back.

She sighed and looked up at him for only a moment. “You can help me,” she droned as the boy’s mouth curled into a smirk. Pabo. This was the last thing that she wanted. Her reputation around school was already ruined by simply her looks, and now she was going to have to deal with rumors of her and the school’s man .

--

“DaeNa, who do you want to partner up with?” the teacher asked and the class groaned a not-again.

“I can do the project by myself, we have an odd number of students anyways,” DaeNa had reasoned to the woman.

“I didn’t ask for your opinion. Who do you want to partner up with?”

The girl looked around the room receiving glares and people mouthing ‘’ or ‘.’ Why couldn’t she just blend into the background, or be picked last as usual? No one ever wanted to help her or even be near her. After all she was different.

“I’ll be her partner,” a boy announced standing up in his seat.

The class erupted into laugher. “The school and the school’s man ,” a boy yelled.

DaeNa quickly sunk into her chair. Of all people, why did it have to be him? Her reputation was already a mess and he seemed to plan on making it worse.

--

“This is my apartment,” the girl said shooing the boy into the doorway.

He watched her as she shut the door with her ankle and gracefully spun to open the shoe cabinet. Her light brown hair covered her face as she bent down to stuff her shoes into a compartment.

“Bwoh?” she breathed wide eyes looking at him. He couldn’t help but study everything about her; that was just how he was. He noted that her honey brown eyes had a small hint of green and that was fuller than most girls.

“Nothing,” he muttered heart beginning to race. She was interesting, he’d give her that much.

“We need to get supplies,” she hummed slipping into her house shoes and running across the room. “I have the majority of what we need, but we can get the rest later.”

He stepped out of the door way and looked around cautiously. This was the first time he had ever been to a girl’s house not been attacked in the first ten minutes. He watched her as she dashed across the room gathering this and that for the project, paying little to no attention to him.

“Why do they call you a ?” he asked bluntly and she froze in her tracks.

Her shoulders lifted slowly and then fell as she collapsed onto the floor. “I don’t think I’m a . To be honest, I don’t even know what I would do if I was one.”

He blushed at her sincerity.

“I guess I’m a because I’m different. I’m taller than most girls so I have longer legs. My hair is naturally light brown and my eye lids are double without surgery.”

He looked down on the girl and noticed that she was dazed. Her attention was focused on something that didn’t even seem to exist. Possibly she was just staring at an idea that he couldn’t grasp.

“What about you?” she asked cocking her head up to him. “Why are you a man ?”

For a moment his heart fluttered and he cursed himself for allowing her cuteness to trump him. “I, Kim JongHyun, am handsome.”

The girl covered to suppress giggles that started to erupt in . “And do you, Kim JongHyun, know what the term modesty means?”

He looked at the girl. No one had ever talked back to him before. He knew he acted full of himself, but no one had ever actually said anything until now. “Anyways,” he smirked. “Most girls think that they can have their way with me. I usually get invited over to their home to do homework or study, but that usually ends up to be a heated make out session on their couch.”

She turned her face in such a way that she didn’t have to look at him. She had no intention of becoming what everyone thought of her. “We’re going to need glue,” she muttered and stumbled to her feet.

“Whoa, be careful hot stuff,” the boy teased giving her a hand up. She smacked it away and glared at him.

“Unlike you, I don’t much care for the reputation that people have just handed me,” she spat patting down her skirt. “It humiliating to have the entire class hiss and moan at you when you need a partner for a measly project.”

He looked at the girl amazed by her will. He could tell that she truly meant every word that she said. “Good thing I offered to be your partner.”

She looked at him slowly causing his heart to tremble once again. She was incredibly beautiful and he didn’t understand why people made her out to be something she’s not. “Have we always gone to the same school?”

She pouted her face at the boy, all she wanted to do was to the store and buy glue, but mister-chatterbox wouldn’t stop talking. Although she thought it was kind of endearing, she honestly didn’t see the point of it. When the next day would come, he would be just like the other boys and brag about having his way with her. “I transferred mid-year,” she mumbled.

He linked arms with her and she noticed that the boy was maybe only half a centimeter taller than her. “I thought so,” he smiled and walked her out the door.

--

The next day came and DaeNa braced herself as she walked into class to take her seat. Some girls looked at her funny, but that was typical. What could she do about that?

“Hey yeppeo,” a teasing voice said taking a seat next to her. The boy looked at her and grinned before turning his attention back to the class.

“What are you doing?” she muttered and he shushed her nodding to the front.

He grabbed her hand and led her home after class. “DaeNa-shi, you have the prettiest hair,” he commented while she searched for her key.

“Aish, can I have my other hand back now? It’d be faster if I-” he let go of her hand so suddenly that it surprised her. Usually this would be the part where the boy would pin her to the wall and threaten her, but he simply dug his hands into his pockets and waited as she opened the door.

You’re home!” a voice rang throughout the apartment.

“Umma, you’re home?” the girl asked and was attacked by the woman.

JongHyun watched as the girl became braced in a hug with the blonde haired woman.

“Umma, I can’t breathe,” she wheezed and the woman reluctantly let go.

“Oh, who’s this?” the blonde asked, blue eyes peering at the boy.

“My partner for the class project,” DaeNa said trying to shuffle her way between them. “It’s actually due pretty soon so-”

The woman began to laugh and JongHyun studied her. “Do all foreigners act like this?” he thought to himself noticing that she covered as she chuckled to herself.

“You kids,” she teased patting her daughter’s head. “Don’t get carried away.” She looked to JongHyun and then whispered to her daughter in English, “He’s a little short, but I’d say he’s cute.”

DaeNa’s face flushed a bright pink as the boy struggled to hear what she said.

“Umma, we need to finish the project,” the girl shouted and the woman nodded grabbing her shoes from the doorway.

“DaeNa, I’ll see you later,” the woman waved and shut the door behind her.

“Was that your mother?” JongHyun asked dumbfounded by the scene that just took place.

He watched as the girl tucked her hair behind her ear and avoided him. She walked up to a shelf and stood on her toes trying to reach what they had accomplished the day before.

“Why aren’t you answering me?” he asked pressing his hands against her back.

Her fingertips grazed the box with their assignment but she teetered on her toes losing her balance and falling backwards onto him.

“You’re a bit heavy,” he coughed and the girl jumped up only to trip over his legs and fall back onto of him. Her hands braced themselves on the floor either side of his face, taking all of her strength not to collapse across him. The boy looked up at her and watched as the color drained from her face. He continued studying her but his eyes widened as he began to trace down her torso. Her thighs were pressed against his sides straddling him to keep from falling over.

Her shocked expression turned into dazed as the project fell on her back making her slump to the side.

JongHyun quickly got up adjusting his shirt without saying a word to the girl. He held her face in his hands checking for any sign of injury and jumped back as she sighed looking utterly defeated. His hands trembled as he fumbled for the doorknob and ran out of her apartment.

“I just scared away my only chances of a friend,” DaeNa thought as she began to pick up the pieces of their unfinished solar system.

--

Class started as usual and DaNa tucked her face between her arms. It was inevitable that after yesterday the whole class would taunt and laugh at her. She squeezed her arms tighter together and thought to herself, “You pabo. Stupid pabo. Just because people start to call you a , you decide to act like one?”

There was a tap on her desk and she reluctantly looked up.

“Are you okay?” a voice asked genuinely concerned.

She looked at the boy and blushed a deep shade of pink.

“I asked if you were alright,” he said waving a hand in front of her eyes.

She blinked, “Did you tell anyone about yesterday?”

His face began to feel hot and he turned his head. “We’ll talk about that later when we work on the project,” he promised taking the seat next to her.

They sat there for the rest of the class stealing glances at each other, but never saying a word.

--

“Aish, do we really have to have a test right after presenting our projects?” JongHyun ranted tugging DaeNa’s arm as he walked her home.

She opened the door once again and he froze staring at the project finished on the counter. “You went ahead without me?” he mumbled shocked.

“I didn’t think that you would be coming back so I stayed up all night,” she sighed rubbing the side of her face. “You can write the labels if you like. That’s about all that’s left. Sorry you came all the way over here for nothing.”

He turned to look at her reading her eyes but all she did was look at him sadly and try to walk away. “Why don’t you tell people the truth,” he growled catching her hand.

She looked at him questioningly and he sighed. “You’re mixed, why don’t you tell people that?”

She bit her lip. “Would you like to walk up to people and say ‘Hey, I’m DaeNa! We should be friends, and by the way my Umma is American?’” pouted and he had to hold himself back.

“That’s not what I mean. Girls are cruel. You should tell them that you’re mixed so they’ll stop spreading rumors about eye-lid surgery and the scandalous ways that you use to get out of being punished!” He was panting out of frustration for the girl and anger at the others. “Do you know what they say about you behind your back?”

DaeNa’s knees collapsed and she began to cry. “They call me a because I have long legs and they think I sleep around with the teachers to keep my hair color.”

He bent down to touch her face and smeared her tears away with his thumb. “But none of that’s true,” he cooed holding her face next to his.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone about yesterday?” she asked trying hard not to babble.

He chuckled and pushed the stray hairs out of her face. “Because I didn’t want you to get hurt anymore,” he smiled and pressed his lips to her forehead. “I may be a man ,” he teased, “But I don’t kiss and tell.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay so i was going to make this one a bit less serious and more fun...but that honestly didn't happen. TT_TT i think this story became more of a rant because i also am mixed but i live in America so everything is opposite for me. (long three paraghraph rant deleted out of love for the readers.)

anyways, i hope that you caught on that Jongie's character pretty much studied people which confused girls into thinking he was leading them on. if not, now you know. (i wasn't quite sure how to put that in the story and NOT make him look like a creeper.)

hope you enjoyed it, and if anyone wants to request a one shot i can totally do that ( see request requirements )...just one condition. no H rated material. i can't write ! ._.

 

much love,

meng.

 

side note: sorry there was no 'real' kiss scene in here. i had to cut it out because it didn't flow right. this story ended up being sweeter than my intentions ;)