iv.

A Love Like War

iv.

 


 
 
 

It's 2am, and here I am, sitting on the bench at the rooftop, alone, when I should be in the dorm, sleeping. Not to mention the weather was being a lately. It was cold, ing cold. And all i had on was, my PJs and a thin layered of cardigan.

my life. 

Yawning, I clutched onto the sleeves of my cardigan, wrapping it around me tightly, as if my life depended on it. Actually, it did. I could froze to death and no one would know. As I was saying, I was tired, very. But I couldn't sleep. Not when this ed up voice in my head kept babbling at me. Why? Was this karma for lying to teacher for a reason to my early dismissal in detention the other day? Well, I deserved it then.

Just then, the loud sound of door clicked woke me up from my little 'dream'. Mentally cursed myself; I desperately scurried up, running to hide behind a clump of shrub. I shouldn't be here, no one should. It's breaking one of the million-school rule. I honestly, don't give any s though if i do break the school rules, but considering my bad record for the year, i had to buck up. I just had to. 

"Who's there?"

. I laid there on my stomach, sweats trickling down my forehead as the sound of footsteps approached closer and closer. Silence engulfed the space where the only thing I could think of was my fate. What if i got caught? The possibility of getting thrown out of school was just great. Just then, a bright light shone directly onto my face made me flinched in surprised. . But what I saw made me furious. Very. ing. Furious. 

Byun Baekhyun, the tard, standing there with a smug smile,

More like a smirk actually, shining torchlight onto my ing eyes. 

I panicked, for nothing. Coming back to my senses, I got up to my feet, muttering soft, inaudible curses before walking pass him, to the bench where I sat earlier, before someone had to make a stupid- scene. From the corner of my eyes, Baekhyun suppressing a hearty laugh, clutching his chest to control himself. It was a beautiful sight. His eyes were glowing, and his smirk, it wasn't a smirk. It seemed more like a smile, which was just so genuine. But it hit me, he laughed because i just made a huge embarrassment of myself, like literally. 

"Would you shut?"

I uttered, slightly annoyed by the male's snicker that was getting louder by seconds. 

"Are you annoyed?"

He asked, flicking that goddamn smirk again. You know, if he's actually nice, I might have fall for that smirk. But never, not in a million years. 

"Whatever"

I replied, before shifting my gaze back to the front, nowhere to be specific. Just letting my thoughts took control of my mind, again. But for some reason, I was vaguely disturbed by his presence, I couldn't even think. Baekhyun sat at the other end of the same bench, rubbing his palms for warmness. Oh right, it was cold. For a moment there, I forgot I was totally freezing to death. Weird.

The room was suddenly so quiet, awkward. We were never alone together, well besides detention; still we couldn't even survived a minute. That's just how intense our relationship are. But for once, i wasn't really annoyed by his presence. Maybe because he was being unbelievably quiet today(?) Maybe. Just then, Baekyun's sneeze broke the silence lingered around the space. As I took a short glance to the side, i could see how red his nose were, probably due to the cold and how his lips were peeling out from dryness. He looked sick. Like really sick. In other words, horrendous.

My mind suddenly decided to work and just then i remembered of something. Ducking my hands into the hem of my cardigan pocket, i pulled out a packet of tissue, placing it on his lap.

Can you see the halo floating on the top of my head?

Of course. I owe him anyways. A 'thank you' would bruise my ego massively. Do I sound egocentric? Well, I’m sorry. But trust me on this, he's more self-centered then I am. I'll bet on that.

Baekhyun hesitated to grab the tissue but nonetheless, he took it anyways. He looked horrible. His eyes were red, swollen. His nose was red, swollen. His lips were red, swollen. And dry. My mind then decided to flee off and bombard such questions, pulling my mood down to the bad side. 

'Did he gave me the tissue out of pity?'

That made sense. Of course he gave me tissue because i looked pitiful, why else? For a second there, my heart clutched, in anger, dissapointment.

"Thanks Shrimp"

He muttered, facing me still with that smirk across his lips. Even though it was the same vax smirk, it gave off a different feeling. A nice one. And in that moment, i was confused, and taken aback. Maybe, the devil was finally repenting. 

"But, the tissue it smells like ."

Or maybe not.