iii.

A Love Like War

iii.

 


 

I trudged along the busy street of Hongdae, as my mind wandered off to my thoughts. Everything was messed up at that moment. I ran away from home, or hell in other words. Those two, heartless creature were drinking their asses of again, and i couldn't take it. I couldn't take the horrible smell. It was dreadful, indeed. They were drunk again. Not the first time. Not surprised. My eyes were stucked gazing at my feet, that i practically forgot i was at a busy street. And the next thing i knew, i was pushed to the ground, hard.

"Yah! Are you blind or something! Idiot!"

A look of disbelief strung across my face as i got up to my feet, dusting the dirt off my coat. I was pissed, very. Someone just had to add oil to the fire in this point of time when all i needed was just peach. Was that too much to ask? Masking in this strong-minded expression, i gathered my words right, sharpened myself with my way around words.

"Excuse me, but i am hundred percent sure that you pushed me! Get your words right, jerk!"

I hissed before turning my back on him before stomping away, leaving him alone, physically face-palmed himself.

 

"Ah, no wonder you and Baekhyun-sshi can't seem to get along!"

"Exactly. If he didn't come up as a jerk maybe we could actually get along."

It's Sunday, means no lesson. Surprise suprise. Instead of hanging out with the guys, i've decided to have some bonding time with my bestfriend slash dorm-mate, HaNa. It's been a long time, since the both of us enrolled in different courses, we don't get to spend some quality time together despite sharing the same dorm. Sad, i know. Plus i don't wanna see him. I had enough seeing those, exasperating face. It disgust me.

"MinAh!"

HaNa voice filled my ears as a pair of hands shook me back to life. I blinked back to reality, gazing at her in perplexion. Had i been thinking of it? Somebody, brainwash me.

"I've been calling you for ages! Teacher called me, she needed some help back at school. I'm afraid i have to leave you. Sorry MinAh, i'll make it up to you."

With that she left me, alone, in the cafe. I sighed in deject, bringing my gaze to the window as my thoughts wandered off. Millions of questions came filled my mind. Questions, that cannot be solved, and will stay as a mystery.

I never had a good life. My parents, they left in the morning, returned home at midnight, drunk. It's a substandard daily routine for them. I hated it. I hated how they came home, the strong scent of alcohol lingered around the house, and acting unlike themselves. It was horrible. I had a brother. He left me, alone drowning in sadness and sorrow. We were once a happy family, but things changed. Father got sacked from his job, and he was a Secretary of the famous Seoul CEO Company. Apparently, he had a huge addiction towards gambling. happened, his boss found out about his addiction and decided to sack him. He got depressed, Mother got depressed as well. With the loads number of bills to pay, they couldn't do anything. We were kicked out of our own house, a huge mansion. With our budget, we only afford to stay at the rooftop. That's how much i suffered. Brother, he helped my parents. He worked at a construction site. It was dangerous, very. I stopped him, i tried too. I warned him, in every way possible. But he's just so stubborn. One day, a bunch of construction men knocked on our door and apprised the news. I lost my bestfriend that day. But because of him, i'm here now. Studying in one of the prestigious school in Seoul. I studied hard, and earn a scholarship there. It was a dream come true. Despite whatever bull craps i had to go through, i'm used to it. Because i, had gone through so much worse.

"You crying weeny?"

Lifting my head up, i gaped at the male standing before me. Byun Baekhyun. The last person i wanted to face today. This is seriously starting to get annoying. Touching my eyes, i was surprised at the wetness of it. I was crying, and i didn't even know. . Must've looked like a pathetic tramp. Bringing my hands up, i wiped the tear stains, sniffling as i do.

"Idiot, here"

There, a piece of tissue paper landed on my lap. I looked up at him, gazing at him strangely as my brows furrowed in confusion. Was this really Byun Baekhyun? Did somebody finally threw holy water at him? Am i dreaming? He never offered anything to me throughout our 6 years of friendship. Never. Scoffing, he walked away from my table and out the door, leaving the cafe. I was bizzare, didn't know whether to accept the tissue or not. But nonetheless, i really needed it, so do i really have a choice. Grabbing it gently, i studied it, searching for all sorts of dirt or whatever he might do to it. The waitress passed by stared at me strangely, shaking her head in disbelief. Great, i just made a huge embarrassment of myself. Smilling in content, i dapped the tissue onto my wet cheeks, wiping those remaining tears.

Maybe, Byun Baekhyun does have a heart.

 


 

Baekhyun hid behind the wall, surpressing the urge to laugh. She looked rather cute, being suspicious over a piece of tissue. Tapping his feet impatiently, he blew a rasberry, clutching onto his coat, bringing it closer to his body. It's winter, and you know what that means. The weather's ing freezing. Finally, she grabbed onto the tissue, wiping it so gently onto her red flushed cheeks. His lips slowly curled into a grin, at the sight of her smilling so genuinely.

Turning on his heels, he made his way back to his dorm.

A smile still plastered onto his face.