"A Little Scare"

JUMP.

 

Chapter Three:“A Little Scare”

 

            CL, Dara, Jia, and Victoria staggered to the sky rider station.

 

“well, here we are” laughed Dara.

 

“this will be fun” Jia gushed. Victoria nodded her head in agreement. She was practically passed out. The station doors were open, and the lights were on, though the station seemed vacant of any employees. The four drunken girls though, thought nothing of it. They stumbled into the elevator, and up to the balcony where the passengers got onto the sky rider for a nice view of the town and a quick ride across.

 

“oh, my cousin works here.” Dara slurred “I can work this thing”

 

“I’ll go with her” CL announced, grabbing the piece of paper with Victoria’s note on it. “just me, okay.”

 

The others nodded in agreement and CL climbed in the car, Victoria staggering behind her.

 

“Fire it up!” CL shouted, pumping a fist in the air. The sky rider began moving. Its trip was to be across town and back. “stop it in the middle!” CL walked over to the right, and nearly fell seeing Bom already on the car. “my god, what are you doing here!”

 

“having a little fun” Bom replied excitedly, they had left her out of the situation.

 

“okay,” CL nodded “but don’t do anything stupid. This is just a joke Bommie. A little scare.”

 

“right” Bom agreed “I know” The CL’s expression turned into something terrifying, she turned toward Victoria.

 

“Hey Vicky” CL began her taunting “we’re gonna kill you itch! You’re gonna die tonight!” she stepped closer and closer the the horrified, screaming girl.

 

“we should! She wrote up that suicide note! No one would even notice!” Bom shouted “it’d be proof she jumped!” Bom grabbed the note from CL’s hands, tossing it out of the large gaps that should have been windowed.

 

“no!” CL screamed “we agreed it’s just a joke!”

 

Bom was so drunk. She threw her arms up excitedly “but lets do it!”

 

Victoria cried out “you really want to kill me?!” I have nothing? I thought I had friends, but I guess I was wrong. Let me save you the trouble!” before anyone could stop her, or give her a second thought, she climbed up the edge of the windowless gap and plunged to her death, inches from where her handwritten apology lay.  CL and Bom gapped in horror. CL turned to her accomplice.

 

“Bommie. No one. I mean no one knows we were up here! Not a goddamn soul!” they nodded. Silent agreement lay between the two.