Faith 5.0

Taking a Leap of Faith
“It seems that my car will be useful from now, hyung.” Sehun says as he parks his car on the side of Jongdae’s apartment. Waiting for his hyung to get down and say goodbye to each other. “I’ll see you again, tomorrow. Thank you for being with me today, hyung.”
 
Jongdae smiles at Sehun and pinches his nose. He really thinks that Sehun is cute. “Then I guess, I’ll be waiting for you everyday then? You’re spoiling me too much, Sehunnie.” He teases. He removes his seatbelt and grabs his bag. He opens the car door and Sehun gets out of the car.
 
“Want to go inside?” Jongdae asks but Sehun shakes his head.
 
“No, hyung. As much as I wanted to spend more time with you but I need to go home and do my homework. Maybe next time?” Sehun says and Jongdae waves goodbye to him as he goes inside of his apartment. He gets inside of his car and drives away.
 
Sehun thinks that Jongdae is a wonderful person. He’s hardworking and always takes his studies seriously. This is just one of the things he likes about his Jongdae hyung. It never came to a thought that meeting a stranger in a day would make him feel like they’ve known each other for so many years. They would always find time to call each other and just talking about random things. They always do this whenever they have a free time since both of them are busy with school.
 
They also love going to Coffee Bean and order their favorite drink which is a latte macchiato. Sehun finds it nice that he and Jongdae have a lot of things in common like how both of them love listening and jamming to ballad and R&B songs. They also love playing arcade games. They love cuddling together. They troll each other and both of them ended up looking an idiot together. He also knows that Jongdae can sing and he does this as a hobby. He feels special whenever Jongdae sings him a song to him because Minseok doesn’t have any idea that his best friend can sing. Although he can feel that there is this kind of feeling that Jongdae keeps to himself. Because whenever Jongdae sings, it’s always sad. Sehun can feel that his heart is breaking into pieces.
 
Sehun never dared to ask anything personal as they are still into the basics of friendship. All he wanted is that whatever they have together right now, he wants to continue it. Nice and slow is the key. There are so many things he wants to know more about Jongdae and he’s excited how Jongdae will reveal it to him. I never felt so comfortable with someone before, not unless it’s Luhan hyung. But now I have Jongdae hyung… It feels so amazing. He thought.
 
 
 
Jongdae starts pulling out his laptop to continue working on his thesis. He still needs a statistician and it seems that he’s not lucky to find one upon asking his professors. He gets his phone and dials Minseok’s number. It took him five to six rings before Minseok answers. “Hnnng. Wait… Luhan! There’s someone calling on my phone. He-Hello?!?! Who is this?!?!”
 
Jongdae cannot help it but snort at his best friend. It looks like there’s something going on with Luhan. “Wow, that’s so rude of you. Is that how you say hello to your best friend, Kim Minseok? Am interrupting something right now?” Jongdae teases. “Should I call you tomorrow then?” Jongdae can hear Luhan whispering on the phone and Jongdae cringes. “Yuck!” Jongdae beams and laughs. “Min, I’ll make this short so that you can continue whatever you are doing with Luhan… I really need a statistician starting next week. Can you help me to find one please?”
 
“Okay, okay. I’ll let you k-know… Oww!” Minseok says.
 
“Err… I’ll be hanging up then! Make sure to use protection and tell Luhan that don’t be too rough on you!” Jongdae says and laughs as he hangs up the call. He decided to send a text message to Sehun asking him what is he up right now and whenever Jongdae sends messages to Sehun; he always gets a fast reply. If not a reply, Sehun will call him immediately, like what happened right now.
 
“Hello, Jongdae hyung.” Sehun says.
 
“Hey.” Jongdae replies.
 
“Let me guess, you’re working on your thesis right? How about you turn off your laptop now and go to bed already, hyung? You’ve been working all throughout the day, have some rest please.”
 
“I don’t get it why I couldn’t say no to you. Okay, okay. I’ll be turning off my laptop now and go to bed. Hold on for a moment. Don’t hang up, Sehunnie.”
 
“Take your time, hyung. I’ll be waiting for you.” Sehun says.
 
Jongdae goes over to his table to save his work. He also fixes his things and when his laptop turns off, he places it on his bag and went back to his bed and grabs his phone.
 
“Hello again, so I’m back Sehunnie. How’s your homework?” Jongdae asks.
 
Sehun hums. He’s done with his homework already that’s why he decided to call his hyung. “Can you take a guess, hyung?” Jongdae snorts at Sehun. “Why did you snort?”
 
“I asked you a question and then you ended up answering me with a question too. This is hilarious, Sehunnie.” Jongdae says as he laughs. “You are very funny person and you always make me happy.” Jongdae is not kidding. When he says that Sehun makes him happy, he really means it. He tells Sehun about the conversation that he and Minseok had earlier. Sehun is laughing and it’s pleasant to Jongdae’s ears.
 
“You shouldn’t bother your best friend with his y time with his best friend, hyung. That’s bad!” Sehun beams, he laughs again. “Oh my god but this is really funny, hyung! I couldn’t believe you.”
 
“But what can I do? I really need a statistician already and Minseok is the only one I could ask for,” Jongdae says, “if I fail to find one, I’ll definitely fail my thesis and I wouldn’t be able to graduate.” He added and sighs heavily.
 
“Maybe I could help you with that? I have a friend who’s good with statistics and I’m sure he’ll be able to help you out. He’s name is Yifan, a Chinese but he knows how to speak Korean so that will be okay. You want me to introduce you to him?” Sehun asks.
 
“You are heavens sent, Sehunnie!” Jongdae squeals with excitement, “I have a lot of free time next week, by Wednesday to be exact. Thank you so much!”
 
“You’re welcome, hyung,” Sehun says. There’s a hold of silence before Sehun starts talking again. “I have a question, but its okay if you are not willing to give you opinion about it, Jongdae hyung.”
 
Jongdae hums as a sign that Sehun can continue what he’s saying.
 
“How much are you willing to forgive someone who has hurt you?”
 
Jongdae’s surprised with Sehun’s answer. Several flashbacks happen about him and Kris in the past. He’s thankful that he was able to forget Kris ever since Sehun came to his life but thinking about how to answer to Sehun’s question is a lot harder than what it seems. Jongdae remains quiet; he doesn’t know where to start because until now, what Kris did to him in past still hurts, like a fresh wound that never heals.
 
“Hyung?”
 
He didn’t notice that there are tears on his eyes already. “So-sorry, Sehunnie. I don’t know how to answer your question. As much as I wanted to forgive that person, I don’t think I can do this now or I can do that the soonest, because this person hurt me so much that I wanted to kill myself.” Jongdae couldn’t help but mutter things to Sehun and he’s crying.
 
“I wish I’m there beside you right now, Jongdae hyung. I wanted to hug and tell you that everything will be okay. Don’t cry please? It hurts me to hear that you’re in pain and I couldn’t do anything about it. I’m not going to leave you; I’m always here for you.”
 
 
◘◘◘◘◘
 
 
Its Thursday, Jongdae’s waiting for Sehun to pick him up. He’s waiting outside of his apartment and currently browsing on his mobile. He’s checking the old messages that he and Sehun had back then when they first met and until now, he doesn’t have the heart to delete it, yet. He’s smiling sheepishly and he didn’t notice that Sehun arrived already.
Sehun tip toes silently and blows air to Jongdae’s ear that earns him a jolt and scream front the guy. “So, what are you reading, hyung? There’s a smile plastered on your face before I came here. You didn’t even notice me. I’m so sad that I’m not the one who’s making you smile.” Sehun says. He puts a remorse expression and Jongdae pinches Sehun’s nose.
 
“Sehunnie… Do not scare me like that again. I thought I’m going to die from heart attack. I hate you!” Jongdae sighs and puffs his cheeks to Sehun. He opens the car door and gets inside. Sehun starts the car and apologizes about what he did earlier which earned him Jongdae’s forgiveness because Jongdae couldn’t stay mad at Sehun for long.
 
“Do you want to grab some coffee first?” Sehun asks.
 
Jongdae hums. “Sure. Is it your treat?” He teases.
 
“Of course, hyung. I’m the one invited you for coffee.” Sehun says.
 
Jongdae laughs. “I’m just kidding! You don’t have to treat me, you know? I can afford it too.”
 
“No, Jongdae hyung. You don’t to and it’s my treat. I’ll feel bad if you don’t accept my gratitude. Please accept it as my apology for what I did today, but you’re still cute.”
 
They went inside the coffee shop and Jongdae ordered for macchiato latte. They’ve decided to stay for the meantime since the atmosphere feels so good and the smell of coffee beans all over the shop is enticing Jongdae’s nostrils. They sit on the couch at the corner of the coffee shop and they started talking about random things again. Jongdae’s phone vibrates and fishes out his phone out of his pocket and receives a text message from Minseok asking what time he’ll arrive at school. He snorts and replies to his best friend’s text message. He didn’t notice that there’s someone who called Sehun.
 
“Sehuna?”
 
It’s a low and husky voice who called Sehun’s name. Sehun looks on the corner. “Yifan ge!” Sehun beams and stands up to give a hug from the tall man.
 
“How have you been?” Kris asks.
 
“Well, Yifan ge, all is fine. I’m with a friend right now and we’re actually killing some time before we go to school. What are you doing here? I didn’t expect you to be here. I thought you’re still in China? How’s Joonmyun hyung?” Sehun asks.
 
Jongdae’s ears perked up when he heard Sehun saying Joonmyun’s name. He thought if he heard it correctly but he just shrugs it and there are so many Joonmyun in the world. Hearing that name makes him want to kill himself again. Painful flashbacks from the past are coming back and he feels like he’s being suffocated. He drinks his macchiato latte when he noticed that Sehun was gone. He looks around and he sees him, talking with a tall guy. Jongdae gasps.
 
Sehun comes back with the tall man behind him. “By the way, this is the friend I’m talking about. His name is Jongdae. He’s my hyung too and he’s a graduating student taking up master’s degree.” Jongdae is not looking up and pretends that he’s texting Minseok.
 
“Jongdae hyung!” Sehun says loudly.
 
“Eh? Se-Sehunnie?” Jongdae stutters. He doesn’t want to look up but he have too. He doesn’t know what to do. All he can think now is to pretend that he didn’t know Kris. Yes, the tall man is Kris.
 
“I wanted you to meet someone. I supposedly let him meet you next week since he was in China but I didn’t know he came back in Korea last night.” Sehun says. “Jongdae hyung, this is Yifan ge. Yifan ge, this is Jongdae hyung. He’s the person that I’m recommending to you since you’re looking for a statistician right? Yifan ge is expert with such thing.” Sehun added and chuckles.
 
“Hi, Jongdae.” Kris says.
 
It takes ten seconds before Jongdae replies at Kris. “Hello, nice to meet you, Yifan-sshi.” Jongdae says and bows, not meeting Kris’ eyes. “If you’ll excuse me, I need to talk to Sehunnie.” He stands up, grabs his things and pulls Sehunnie.
 
Sehun notice Jongdae’s face become pale. “Hyung, are you okay?” Jongdae nods. “I need to go back now. Minseok is waiting for me. You don’t have to accompany me to school. Go back with that man and accompany him. Please don’t tell him anything about me or even where I study or what course I’m taking or anything, please Sehunnie?” Jongdae pleads as he tries holding his tears. He cannot keep himself calm, he just realize that he’s not ready to meet Kris. The person he loves the most and the person who shattered him into pieces.
 
“Okay, okay. Hyung, calm down. I’ll talk to you again okay? Breathe in, breathe out. It’ll be okay, hyung.” Sehun says as he hugs Jongdae.
 
When Jongdae leaves, Sehun went back to the coffee shop. “Hi again, Yifan ge. I’m so sorry for leaving you earlier and about that. It seems that Jongdae hyung is not in a good shape.” Sehun says.
 
“Where did you meet him?” Kris asks.
 
“From Luhan ge. We went to an amusement park last time, that’s where I met him. We became good friends eventually.” Sehun says.
 
“I see. It seems that I scared him?” Kris says.
 
“Probably, Yifan ge because you’re so tall.” Sehun snorts.
 
“Looks like someone had changes.” Kris teases.
 
“I did and I guess you must say your gratitude to Jongdae hyung. He’s the best.” Sehun says.
 
“Before I give my gratitude to him, I must get to know him better first. You might change for the bad and not for good.” Kris cackles, teasing Sehun.
 
Sehun raises his eyebrows and punches Kris lightly. “Jongdae hyung is not like that. You’d better get to know him so you’ll know how kind and good person he is.”
 
Kris shrugs at Sehun’s statement. He didn’t imagine that he’ll meet Jongdae after a year. He has a lot of questions running in his mind right now but all he wants to know right now would be Jongdae’s whereabouts. He needs to have a good talk with the guy.
 
“Are you staying here for good, Yifan ge?” Sehun asks.
 
Kris hums. “I guess so. I’ll be working here starting next week. Our company in China just branch out and put another headquarters here in Korea so I’m here and which means we’ll be spending more time together and with your Jongdae hyung.”
 
Sehun snorts. “I’m afraid Yifan ge, Jongdae hyung’s will be busy now because he’s finishing his thesis already. So I don’t think I can invite him to be with us plus I’m busy with school too. But we’ll see.”
 
“Where is he studying?”
 
“That’s something you have to ask to him and not to me.” Sehun says and shrugs.
 
“Okay, fine. You’re so selfish.”
 
“I’m not hyung. If you want to know, you can ask him when we meet him again.”
 
“I’m looking forward to meet him, again and be friends with him.” Kris smiles.