Faith 4.0

Taking a Leap of Faith
Ever since that incident happened, Jongdae and Minseok had decided to change schools to continue their masters’ degree. It has been a year and both of them are very busy right now with their thesis and currently finishing the last semester. “Jongdae,” Minseok whines at his best friend. “My head’s going to combust soon because of our thesis and I want to unwind. Join me.” He says, pleading his best friend with the best cutesy acts he can.
 
“I can’t, Min. I still have to finish this. We can probably unwind when we’re done with our thesis?” Jongdae says. “Besides, I don’t feel like unwinding anyway.” He added.
 
“But… Jongdae,” Minseok continues whining. “Can’t we just do this for once and then we can resume working on our thesis. Please. Please, Jongdae.” Of course, of all the people, Jongdae cannot say no to his best friend. He’s been with him through bad and good and he thought that his best friend is right. He really needs to unwind even though he’s just fine working on his thesis.
 
“Since when did I ever say no to you?” Jongdae asks and pinches Minseok’s cheek. “I swear to god, I don’t know what you did to me that I can never say no to you. It’s always yes and yes.” He added.
 
“I’m your best friend so you can never say no to me,” Minseok says bluntly. “So tomorrow, make sure that you’ll leave your whole day and night free. I’m bringing Luhan with us and he’s bringing a friend too. So I guess, it’ll be a good time to bond with new friends, you know. I think his name was Sehun.” Minseok smiles at Jongdae.
 
“Min, don’t you try setting me up for a date.” Jongdae warns his best friend.
 
“Jongdae, I’m not. I’m just introducing you some goodie good friends of Luhan and I’m sure you’ll like his company. Just try getting along with him. There’s nothing to lose, promise. You might become best friends and then you’ll forget about me and you’ll never think about me anymore.” Minseok shrugs and pokes Jongdae’s cheek.
 
“Yuck, Min! Stop with your drama please. I’m getting goosebumps because of you.”
 
“Am I going to be your one and only best friend, Jongdae?” Minseok asks.
 
“What the heck? Of course! No one can ever replace Kim Minseok as my best friend,” Jongdae says as he pushes Minseok lightly. “Will you stop being so over dramatic. There’s no such thing that I’ll be able to be good friends with someone that I only know for a day.” He says as he rolls his eyes.
 
“Then tomorrow it is!” Minseok beams and hugs his best friend.
 
“Where are we going tomorrow anyway?” Jongdae asked.
 
“We’re all going to amusement park tomorrow!” Minseok says. “It’s time to unwind and let’s forget about that goddamn thesis for the meantime. I’m so excited because it’s been a while right? I’ll contact Luhan later. We’ll also bring our own foods! So come with me to the grocery store and we’ll make sandwiches for all of us.” Minseok adds.
 
“Don’t get too excited. It’ll only lead to disappointments.” Jongdae says.
 
“I’ll never get disappointed when it comes to these things.” Minseok rolls his eyes.
 
“Whatever you say.” Jongdae says as he finishes the chapter he’s working on his thesis. “Min… I think I really need a statistician. I don’t think I can do this alone. Can you ask Luhan if he knows someone who can help me?”
 
“Sure. I’ll ask him later. Have tried asking for help with our professors?” Minseok asks.
 
“No. Not yet. I’ll ask them next week. Before you ask Luhan, I’ll just ask the professors first. If they find someone then don’t bother asking Luhan. When I’m done with these chapters, I need to work on the statistics already and I find it really hard to understand.” Jongdae says.
 
“Just let me know.”
 
 
◘◘◘◘◘
 
 
There aren’t too many people in the amusement park because it’s not yet vacation month for most of the students. Jongdae and his friends are having the leverage to enjoy everything. Minseok said that Luhan and Sehun are on their way to the park. Jongdae decided to buy some ice cream.
 
After 30 minutes, Luhan and Sehun arrive.
 
“Lulu!” Minseok shouts.
 
“My baby! I’m here already. We’re so sorry for being late. Sehun’s so slow.” Luhan says as he hugs his boyfriend in front of Sehun and Jongdae. Both of them cringe by the greasiness of the couple.
 
“Yuck. Stop it please,” Jongdae comments and laughs. “You shouldn’t do that in front of people. PDA is not my thing. Stop corrupting people’s mind.” Sehun laughs at Jongdae’s comment. Minseok and Luhan looks at the two.
 
“Are you laughing at us, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asks.
 
“Of course not, Luhan-hyung. It’s just that this friend of yours is cute when he made that comment and he’s right. Stop corrupting people’s mind you. I’m still young.” Sehun says.
 
“See! I told you!” Jongdae beams. He went over to Sehun and puts his hand over his shoulder. “This guy, I think Minseok is right. We’re going to be good friends and I think he’s awesome. What’s your name? I’m Jongdae.” Jongdae says.
 
Sehun blushes. “Uhh… I’m Sehun. Oh Sehun. But you can call me Sehunnie or Sehuna or whichever.” Sehun smiles at Jongdae. “How old are you, Sehunnie?” Jongdae asks again.
 
“22.” Sehun replies. “Not too bad. I’m 24 and Minseok’s 26.” Jongdae said and laughs.
 
Minseok can see how happy Jongdae is with Sehun’s company knowing that they only get to know each other for the first time. He holds Luhan’s hand so tight and he’s slightly trembling. “I think this is good for Jongdae. I can finally see his smile, Lulu. It’s so hard to see him smile like that for all these months. I hope this continues so he can forget about Kris already.” He says and Luhan nods.
 
“All the good things come to those who wait, Minseok. I can assure you that Sehun is a good kid. Of all the people I wanted to come here aside from you and Jongdae, it was Sehun.” Luhan says.
 
“Thank you, Lulu.”
 
 
 
Minseok and Luhan take their time in riding everything at the amusement park while Jongdae and Sehun are happily chatting with each other. Both of them got tired after riding the rollercoaster ride and Sehun wants to puke after. Luckily, Jongdae knows how to make Sehun feel well after the ride. They are sitting on the bench and munching their cotton candies.
 
Sehun’s currently taking a medical degree and he’s specializing with pediatric medicine. He’s on his 2nd year and he’s a very bright kid. “Is learning pediatrics fun? Isn’t hard dealing with kids and the like?” Jongdae asks as he munches his cotton candy. “I’m taking my master’s already and I’m almost done. Minseok and I are working on our theses. But it’s fun. But after this, I’m going back to work already. I’ll definitely miss going to school.”
 
Sehun nods. “To answer your question, yes, I really had fun with the course I have and dealing with kids is my specialty. This is why I choose to focus on pediatrics,” Sehun says. “My parents let me choose the path I want for my life and I’m thankful for that.”
 
“I guess you’ll become a very good father in the future, Sehunnie.” Jongdae says.
 
“I doubt about that, Jongdae-hyung.” Sehun laughs wryly.
 
“Why?”
 
“I’m gay and I never had intentions of marrying a woman.” Sehun says.
 
“I see. There’s nothing wrong with being gay.” Jongdae doesn’t know what to say next. He wants to ruffle Sehun’s head. “But still, you’ll definitely become a good father if you wanted to adopt a child, you know?” Jongdae says as he smiles at Sehun.
 
Sehun holds Jongdae’s hands. He’s massaging them gently. “You know what, I feel like I’ve known you for so long. It feels so comfortable talking to you. I’m very horrible with socialization and I only have few friends that I get in touch with. After you made that comment with Minseok-hyung earlier, I really couldn’t help it but laugh. Thank you.” He says.
 
Jongdae thinks that Sehun is so cute being like this. “Are you going to believe me if I say that I feel the same way towards you? I hope we’ll become good friends in the future. Minseok was getting jealous about you last time because he thought that you and I might become best friends and I’ll get rid of him as my best friend. He’s really dramatic and funny.” Both of them laugh at each other.
 
 
 
It’s already 8:00 in the evening and they decided to go home. Minseok decided that he’ll stay and stay the night at Luhan’s place. “Oh. Something will happen tonight.” Jongdae teases.
 
Luhan blushes at the comment of Jongdae and Minseok punches Jongdae lightly. “Stop teasing you idiot!” Jongdae laughs and Sehun snorts.
 
“Ahh! Minseok! I hate these two!” Luhan whines.
 
Minseok shakes his head and thinks that it’s a bad idea that Sehun and Jongdae became friends. The more they stay together, the more they will troll together. Minseok and Luhan bid their goodbye first. “I’m going this way, Sehuna. How about you?” Jongdae asks.
 
“Hyung… Would you like to have some hot chocolate at my place?”
 
“I asked you a question and then I get a question as an answer,” Jongdae laughs. “No one can resist hot chocolate so I’ll say yes.” He says and sees Sehun’s eye smile.  He’s still a kid at heart. He thought.
 
Jongdae just realize that Sehun’s a rich kid. He owns a condominium unit and has his own car but he’d rather commute and seldom uses it. The design of his unit is breath-taking. It’s black and white with a touch of gold and a bit of red. “Sometimes, I wish I can live at an apartment like this.” Jongdae murmurs. Sehun heard him and smiles. He’s currently preparing a hot chocolate.
 
“Hyung, please sit down anywhere you want. Don’t just stand there.” Sehun says. Jongdae did and sit on corner of the kitchen table where he can see clearly Sehun preparing their hot chocolate. There’s also a smooth jazz playing to make the atmosphere feel so good.
 
Sehun hands Jongdae’s drink and he sits beside Jongdae.
 
“Sorry hyung.” Sehun mumbles.
 
“Why, Sehunnie?” Jongdae asks.
 
“I know that we only got to know each other today… I just wanted to you to know that I want to get to know you better. I feel like we’ll really become good friends.” Sehun says.
 
“Let’s take it slow Sehunnie. For sure, we’ll be able to become good friends in no time. I promise you that. So maybe we should start with getting to know each other more? Basics is a good start.” Jongdae says.