Faith 3.0

Taking a Leap of Faith
At that night, no matter how much Jongdae wanted to sleep, all of his senses are wide-awake. Every time he closes his eyes, he remembers the kisses shared between him and Kris. The urgency to sleep is needed because he still has to finish the half of his research papers that will be submitted on Friday and he still need Kris knowledge about his topic. 
 
Good evening, Kris. Can… Can you help me again to finish my research papers, tomorrow? Well… It’s okay if you don’t want to… And you can also bring Joonmyun since he can help Minseok too… Yeah, that’s all. He says as he sends the text message and waiting for Kris’ reply. 
 
Joonmyun says yes, so I guess that answers your question. Jongdae frowns at Kris’ reply. He has a hunch that Joonmyun’s staying at Kris’ place right now. 
 
Oh okay. Thanks Kris. See you tomorrow with Joonmyun then… Jongdae replies as he puts his mobile phone on the top of his night table and decides to sleep.
 
 
 
Jongdae’s eyes slowly opened. He checks the time and its 10:30am already. He jumps from the bed, starts preparing as he gets his phone on the night table to call Minseok. “Hey, Minseok. I’m so sorry. I just woke up and I didn’t hear my alarm earlier. I had a hard time sleeping last night. Is Kris there already? I’ll be coming in an hour. I apologize.” He says.
 
“Geez, Jongdae. You don’t have to say sorry, you know? We’re just chilling here and take your time. We aren’t starting with the research papers yet. We’ll wait for you.” Minseok says.
 
“Okay, Min. Thank you so much.” He says as he drops the call and throws his phone on the bed. He gets inside the bathroom and starts taking a shower. After 20 minutes, he gets out of the bathroom and dries himself. He goes over to his closet and gets a blue-yellow plaid polo shirt and black jeans. He styles his hair, wears his shoes and starts grabbing his study materials and his phone. He struts outside of his apartment and locks the door.
 
 
“Minseok, oh my god, I’m so sorry for being late,” Jongdae says as he huffs and places his things on the top of the table together with Minseok’s things “I didn’t heard my alarm earlier and like I told you, I really had a hard time on sleeping last night.” He says as he groans to put emphasis that he’s really sorry. Minseok pats his back and assuring him that it’s okay.
 
“Kris and Joonmyun will be back. They grab something to eat. Have you eaten already? It’s almost lunch time.” Minseok says and Jongdae shakes his head.
 
“I’m not hungry at all. I just wanted to finish our research papers and go home after.” Jongdae says and opens his laptop and continues his work from the last time. Kris did really help him a lot with the following issues he have for his topic and he probably needs his help again to finish everything. He didn’t notice that the couple arrived after 30 minutes. Kris seats beside Jongdae and Joonmyun seats beside Minseok. “Have you guys eaten your lunch already? I guess it will be a long day again for all of us but I’m excited to see how your research papers will end.” Joonmyun says.
 
“I’m already done with my lunch but Jongdae haven’t eaten yet and says that he’s not hungry and insisted finishing the research papers first before anything else,” Minseok says as he shrugs and pats Jongdae “He’s been like that ever since, don’t worry about him.” He adds.
 
“I wonder why you two aren’t dating each other.” Kris says.
 
Minseok raises his eyebrow at Kris. “Well, obviously we aren’t dating each other because I’m going out with Luhan for six years and Jongdae’s my best friend. Do you have a problem with that, Kris?”
 
“No. I’m just wondering. I don’t mean any harm.” Kris says.
 
“Jongdae’s currently not dating anyone at the moment.” Minseok says.
 
“Of course, I know about that thing because Jongdae actually likes me. That he’s not interested seeing anyone aside from me. Too bad, I’m not interested with anyone else aside from Joonmyun, right?” Kris says as he smiles sarcastically. Joonmyun nudges his boyfriend’s arm to stop acting like a bastard. “Kris… Stop it.” Joonmyun says.
 
The atmosphere suddenly turns dull and Jongdae’s hurt by Kris’ words. There’s so much pain in his heart and tears might stream down to his face soon but he decided not to give a think about it and that he can deal about it later. He decided to speak up. “Can… Can we just finish this, please?” He says as he meant it to finish the research papers for today.
 
“You know what, I agree with Jongdae. Let’s have enough of this discussion and let’s get over this.” Minseok says. Joonmyun and Kris nodded and proceed on helping the two.
 
 
 
They were able to finish their research papers by 7:00pm. There are only few students left in the library who are also doing their own projects. Jongdae remains silent not unless he’s asking some important questions with Kris with regards to his topic. “Kris, Joonmyun… Thank you for helping us with our research papers.” He suddenly says.
 
“No problem, Jongdae. We’re glad to be able to help you out. Let us know if you’re able to pass it okay? I’m sure that you two will pass this one. Fighting!” Joonmyun says and Jongdae smiles wryly. He starts packing up his things and decides to just have the documents printed on his home. As soon as he’s done, he bids his goodbye first.
 
“I need to go first. I need to print out the documents at home.” He says.
“I’ll be staying here for a bit, I’m going to wait for Luhan.” Minseok says.
 
“Okay, Min. I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow.” Jongdae says as he exits the library and waits for the bus to arrive. When the bus stops and opens the door, Kris suddenly pulls his wrist. “I’ll drop you by as an apology for what I did earlier. I have my car. Come with me.” Kris says.
 
“No. I don’t want. You don’t have to apologize.” Jongdae says as he removes Kris’ hand on his wrist but Kris is persistent and he holds Jongdae tighter. 
 
“You know what Jongdae, you just have to be obedient and do what I say because for ing goodness sake, if not for Joonmyun’s request, I’m not going to accompany you.” Kris says.
 
Jongdae remains silent as they reach Kris’ car. He cannot understand Kris and Joonmyun. He doesn’t get it why Joonmyun asks Kris to accompany him to him just because of the small commotion happened in the library earlier. He keeps on thinking that the couple just keeps on playing with his feelings.  “Get inside.” Kris says and Jongdae does. The engine starts and Kris starts driving.
 
It didn’t take him to reach Jongdae’s apartment for more than 30 minutes. Jongdae gets out of the car and bows at Kris. “Thank you.”
 
“Thank you is not enough, right Jongdae? Invite me inside.” Kris says.
 
“I don’t get it why you have to waste your time on me, Kris. Why can’t you just go home and be with Joonmyun?” Jongdae mumbles as he gets his apartment key from his pocket and opens his door. Kris pushes Jongdae inside of the apartment and locks the door behind him.
 
“You can’t say no to me because I’m your weakness, Jongdae.” Kris whispers at Jongdae’s ear and Jongdae couldn’t help it but blush. Kris peppers Jongdae’s face with kisses. Later on, he goes over with his lips and starts kissing him hard. Jongdae’s pushing him but he’s too weak to push Kris.
 
“S-stop it, Kris! This is not what I want!” Jongdae shouts and pushes Kris with all his might. “ everything! Stop playing with my feelings! You and Joonmyun should stop playing with my feelings! Who do you think you are? Huh? You don’t have the right to do this to me. It’s not easy for me to hold these feelings when I know exactly that you’ll never be able to return it back to me.”
 
“This is your consequences. I hope you know that. I really love to see you in pain, Jongdae. I want to test how long you can hold on with those feelings.” Kris says.
 
“You are cruel.”
 
“Indeed, I am. Don’t worry about it. This is going to be the last time. Let me do it my way.” Kris says and starts kissing Jongdae again. “Where’s your room, baby?”
 
“No… No Kris… I don’t like this.” Jongdae pleads.
 
“You’ll like it, Jongdae. Consider this as a parting gift from me. Don’t resist me and be a good boy.” Kris says as he nibbles Jongdae’s ear lobe that made the younger yelp from pain. Later on, both of them are already inside Jongdae’s room. Clothes are scattered all over same with Jongdae’s lustful moans. It was a very long night.
 
Jongdae wakes up with his blanket covering on his body. It was only 6:00am but he groans from too much pain on the lower part of his body. His eyes are puffy red from crying non-stop. He was all alone in his apartment now. He sees a note on his night stand and grabs it.
 
You didn’t tell me that you’re a . I should have been gentler to you last night but it seems that you enjoyed it anyway. This is going to be the last time we’ll interact with each other. By the way, I cooked you some breakfast. Make sure to eat it before going to school. I hope you pass your exam. - Kris
 
Jongdae’s tears fell down again as he crumples the note and throw it somewhere on the room. He puts some clothes before going out his room and sees the breakfast that Kris made for him. He bawls and started throwing the plates on the floor. He doesn’t care about the messes anymore. Jongdae’s hurt. So hurt.
 
“Jongdae!?!?!”
 
Minseok shouts. He has a duplicate copy of Jongdae’s apartment key and he decided to visit his best friend because he’s worrying about him. He didn’t imagine that he’ll arrive with something like this. He went over to Jongdae who’s currently sitting on the floor crying.
 
“Jesus. What happened to you?”
 
“Minseok… It hurts so much. Why does he have to be cruel to me like this? I… All I did was love him… I didn’t expect to be tossed like I’m a toy and play with my feelings. It hurts. So much… Why? Of all the people… Why did I fall in love with him? Why… Minseok…” Jongdae says as he continues crying. Minseok couldn’t do anything but shushing Jongdae. He sees hickeys on Jongdae’s neck.
 
“Don’t tell me… Did he stay here?” Minseok asks.
 
Jongdae only nodded. “I’m not going to ask questions anymore. Cry and let out everything, Jongdae. I’m going to stay here and will never leave you.” Minseok assures his best friend. “Did you print your documents? If not, let me do it. I’m going to call Luhan and I’ll ask a favor for him to submit our research papers to our professor.” Jongdae shakes his head. “Okay. Let’s go to your room first. You should take a rest.” Jongdae holds tightly to Minseok.
 
“No. Minseok. Please. Don’t leave me alone.”
 
“Sshh. I’m not leaving you okay? I’m going to stay with you until you fall asleep.”
 
Minseok brings Jongdae to his room. He waits for the younger to sleep and he pockets his phone and dials Luhan’s number.
 
“Lulu, I’m going to stay with Jongdae for the meantime. He’s having a hard time and I need to be with him. He’s so vulnerable right now.” Minseok says.
 
“Is this about Kris?” Luhan asks.
 
“Most likely, yes. I’m going to print Jongdae’s papers first and then can you come over here in a bit? I wanted to ask a favor.”
 
“What is it baby?”
 
“Can you submit our research papers to our professor? We have a deadline today but it looks like both of us wouldn’t be able to go to school because of Jongdae’s state. Can you Lulu?”
 
“Of course, baby. I’ll go there. I hope Chenchen is just fine.”
 
“He will be but not now Lulu. Thank you for your understanding. I love you.”
 
“Anything for you baby. I love you too. See you in a bit.”
 
Minseok drops the call. Started printing out Jongdae’s documents and after printing everything, he decided to clean his best friend’s apartment. He’s sighing by the sight of his broken best friend. It should be like this. He doesn’t want to see Jongdae so broken like that again. “Everything will be okay, Jongdae. Karma will get them back.”