Faith 2.0

Taking a Leap of Faith
A week had been passed since the last incident happen between Kris and Jongdae at the rooftop. Until now, Jongdae can still feel the lips of the man who kissed him involuntary. Of course, he wouldn’t deny the fact that he liked it but it leaves a heavy feeling in his heart. He decided not to go to school and just confined himself at his apartment. He didn’t contact anyone even his best friend, Minseok because he doesn’t want to become a burden to his best friend. He heard a knock on his door. He decided to check it.
 
“Yes, yes. I’m coming.” Jongdae groggily opens the door and sees Kris is standing at the front of his apartment. “Hi. Long time no see?” Kris says. Jongdae doesn’t have any idea how to respond. He cannot understand why this guy has to visit him knowing for a fact that he didn’t give his address to him. He frowns and his heart is beating so fast.
 
“Kris? W-Why are you here? How did you know my address?”
 
“Why? How? Can’t I visit a friend? You’ve been missing for a week now and you’re not contacting Minseok. He’s worried about you.” Kris says.
 
“Oh… I’ll call Minseok then…” Jongdae mumbles as he grabs his phone on his pocket and starts jabbing his best friend’s number on the screen when Kris suddenly grabs his wrist. 
 
“Aren’t you going to invite me inside?” Kris asks as he smiles at Jongdae. “You see, I’ve been waiting here for an hour and I think it’s a proper etiquette to invite someone inside when they visit you, am I right, Jongdae?” he added.
 
“…Yeah, right. Come inside, then,” Jongdae says as he ushers Kris inside his apartment. “Feel free to sit on the couch. I’ll get you something to eat” He went to the kitchen and opens his fridge. He sighs as a relief because he had some juice on the pitcher and he gets it to fill the glass. He also had some biscuits on the tablet and decided to bring it over.
 
He’s not looking at Kris. To be honest, he’s not yet ready to face the man that’s why he decided not to go to school for a week to settle whatever feelings he have. He didn’t even dare to call his best friend because he’ll just get scolded. Yet again, a week is not enough because he has strong feelings for Kris. He settles down the tray with their food. “So… Why are you here again? Do you have some business with me? You can just ask Minseok… You know? You really don’t have to go over here and waste your time… You might as well just spend it leisurely with Joonmyun…” He says, biting his lower lip.
 
“Well, nothing. I’m just checking you out since you’ve been gone for a week. Joonmyun is concerned with you also,” Kris says as he sips his juice “you really have a nice apartment. Do you bring your boyfriend here? Does Minseok always visit you here?”
 
“I don’t have a boyfriend... Minseok doesn’t always visit me here. He’s living with his boyfriend so I don’t think it’s appropriate to do that.” Jongdae says.
 
“Oops, sorry. I forgot.” Kris says and his phone suddenly rings. He gets his phone on his pocket and answers it. “Yes, hello? Hey babe. I’m here at Jongdae’s apartment and currently visiting here. It looks like he’s okay, so you don’t have to worry about him anymore. I’ll go there a bit. Yes, babe. See you later, I love you.” He says as he ends the phone call with Joonmyun. “Well, I guess it’s time for me to go home now. Thanks for the hospitality, Jongdae.”
 
If Jongdae will be given a choice right now, he would rather disappear instead of hearing Kris and Joonmyun talking sweetly on the phone. “No problem. You really don’t have to visit me anyway.” He says, not looking at Kris.
 
“It’s not like I really wanted to visit you here. Joonmyun asked me a favor and I couldn’t refuse that. Anyway, I’m going now.” Kris says as he gets out of Jongdae’s apartment. Jongdae felt so hurt with Kris words. He doesn’t have say those things. Why does Joonmyun have to care about his well-being? He feels like Kris and Joonmyun are playing with his feelings. When Kris is gone, Jongdae decided to give a call to Minseok.
 
“ing , Jongdae! Where have you been?” Minseok says.
 
“Just taking a break… A break from everything.” He says, he feels like he’s going to burst into tears soon. “Is it wrong to love Kris like this? Why did you give to him my address?” He asks.
 
“What?! Wait. I didn’t give him your address! Oh my god, Jongdae! I’m going to visit you right now. Don’t do anything to yourself. I swear, I’m going to strangle you!” Minseok says a he drops the call, earning a snort from Jongdae on the line. Jongdae waited for his best friend. It only takes for an hour until Minseok reaches Jongdae’s apartment.
 
“What happened?”
 
“Kris visited me here. He said you’re worried to me so I assumed that you have to him my address. I don’t ing even know what to do anymore.” Jongdae says.
 
“You didn’t contact me for a week. I’m seriously going to strangle you but I’m not that bad so I think I’ll let this off for a moment because you’ll never do such thing. I know something happened last week. Spill it, Jongdae.” Minseok raises his brows and doe-eyed his best friend.
 
As much as Jongdae wanted to tell his best friend the incident happened with him and Kris last Friday, he doesn’t have the guts to do so. “Nothing really happened. I just wanted to think about all these things. I’m thinking about the solutions but it seems that it’ll only drive me insane because no matter what I do I still have these feelings for Kris and I couldn’t tear them away even if I wanted to.” He says.
 
“You really don’t know how to give up, do you?”
Jongdae shrugs. “I don’t know. I cannot give up yet. I might as well not to think about it for now. Don’t you think about I’m neglecting my studies but I’m sorry, you’re wrong. I’ve finished all my assignments and pending documents and submitted it already to our professors on time. I’m going back to school tomorrow.” He says.
 
“Then that’s good. I’ve missed you. You’re such an idiot. Please don’t forget that I’m always here for you. You also have Luhan to lean on!” Minseok says.
 
“Yes, yes. Thank you as always.” Minseok couldn’t help it but strangle Jongdae. “The next time you do this thing again, you’ll get punches from me. Stop making me worry, you idiot!”
 
 
◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘
 
 
Jongdae and Minseok are struggling over their Behavioral Science class. They only have three days left to submit their research papers and until now, they haven’t found a topic. They always spend their time in the library to check out different books that can help them. Minseok texted Jongdae that he’ll be late for thirty minutes and that asked him to go the library first and Jongdae did.
 
There are only few students inside the library. Jongdae felt happy because he prefers studying in a quiet place like this without many students loitering around. He puts his things on the side and started looking for several Psychological books. He decided to get five books first. As he reaches the last corner of the last cabinet, he saw Kris and Joonmyun kissing. He gasps, turns around and walks out as fast as he can just to make sure that they didn’t saw him. He ended up with four books at hand. His heart is pounding hard and aching at the sight of the couple.
 
The library opens and Minseok goes inside. He saw Jongdae frowning. “Hey, Jongdae. Sorry I’m late. I’ve got some stuff to do with my Physics subject and my professor doesn’t want me to go if I’m not finished with the exam. What happened? You’re flushing.”
 
Jongdae shakes his head. “No, it’s nothing. Let’s get this done please? I’ve got four books. I hope we can finish this already and I don’t want to stress myself anymore with this subject. We only have three days.” He sighs and starts browsing the books. He cannot forget the scene he saw earlier. As much as he wanted to focus on his papers, it looks like he’ll have a hard time to do this.
 
 
 
It took three hours for Jongdae and Minseok to find a good topic for their research papers. They started working on it and they’ve decided to finish the half for this day and the rest tomorrow. Jongdae already forgot about Kris and Joonmyun and he thinks that they already left the library so he decided to go over the Psychology cabinet to get more books, but he was wrong. Jongdae met the couple along the way and he gasps again. He didn’t say anything and just make his way to the books when Kris suddenly cornered him. “It’s nice to see you again, Jongdae,” Kris says “what are you doing here? It’s past five o’clock already. Aren’t you going home yet?” He asks.
 
Jongdae is not looking at the couple; instead he had his eyes pinned to the ground. “No. Minseok and I are still finishing our research papers… If you’ll excuse me, I need to find more references.” He says.
 
“What reference are you looking for?” Joonmyun asks. Jongdae looks at him and he can see that the elder is flushing hard. Jongdae cringes at the thought that maybe Kris and Joonmyun make out in the library. “Maybe I can help you with that.”
 
“No, thanks,” Jongdae says “if you’ll excuse me.”
 
“Oh. Okay. Sorry.” Joonmyun says.
 
“No problem.” He says as he goes over the Psychological books and leaving the couple behind. Jongdae’s hands are trembling. His heart is aching and his tears started to stream down on his face. He tells himself that he shouldn’t cry that he should remain strong because he chose this path. He dusts away his tears. He doesn’t want Minseok to suspect and get worried about him. He calms himself down as he finishes grabbing three more books before going back to their table.
 
Upon returning back, he saw Kris and Joonmyun sitting on their table. “Jongdae! What took you so long? Look, as you can see Kris and Joonmyun are psychology majors and they are specializing on our subject right now. Just now, Joonmyun had pointed out something from my topic. Maybe he can help you with your topic too. They will be a great help to us.” Minseok says as Jongdae’s expression turns into solemn. “…Okay.” Jongdae says as he set the books on the side.
 
Jongdae’s topic revolves around Social Psychology and he focuses on the Nonverbal Communication while Minseok is focusing on the Developmental Psychology and his topic is about Child abuse. Joonmyun helps out Minseok and Kris with Jongdae. Truth to be told, they we’re able to finish the half and they decided to finish everything tomorrow. The couple became a great help to them.
 
“If you have any other questions, feel free to ask us. It’s nice to help you both with this subject. I remember the time that I and Kris are having a hard time with this too,” Joonmyun says as he smiles “we need to go now. I’m sure you’ll be able to pass this subject.”
 
“Thanks, Joonmyun.” Minseok says.
 
“…Thanks.” Jongdae says to Kris.
 
“You’re welcome.” Kris says as he and Joonmyun bids their goodbye.
 
Jongdae sighs. He feels so tired already and there’s so many things happened in a day and he doesn’t have any idea how to sink everything in his head. He’s thankful for the help that the couple offered to them. In fact, Jongdae was able to concentrate with the topic he had and Kris became a great help to his research paper. He just had another reason to love the guy more.
 
“You okay, Jongdae?” Minseok asks. Jongdae nodded as a respond as he starts fixing his things.
 
“I want to go home already. Can we continue finishing the rest of our research papers tomorrow? I’ll come early so we have time to proofread everything before we submit it to Mr. Lee.”
 
“I’ve got no problems about that.” Minseok smiles at Jongdae.
 
 
 
As Jongdae reaches the keys of his apartment through his pocket, he didn’t notice that Kris was behind him. “Good evening, Jongdae,” Kris whispers that made Jongdae jolt “nice to meet you again.”
 
“K-Kris?!” Jongdae shouts “What the are you doing here?!”
 
“Easy, Jongdae. Is it bad if I wanted to visit you, again?” Kris asks.
 
Jongdae furrows his eyebrows as he unlocks the door of his apartment. “Not really. I just don’t get it why you have to visit me when you don’t have any business with me,” he says “feel free to make yourself at home again.” He ushers Kris inside his apartment as he places his things on his room. He didn’t notice that tailing him behind. “You have a nice room,” Kris says and as Jongdae turns around Kris pins him at the wall and kisses him again “and ever since the last time I kissed you, I couldn’t forget that feline lips of yours. It’s so ing intoxicating.”
 
Jongdae’s trying to push Kris but he’s too weak as Kris kisses him hard, making his knees go jelly. He is gasping as Kris his tongue. Both of them are battling for dominance and Jongdae’s gasping. He knows what they’re doing is wrong but he couldn’t stop himself from kissing back Kris. “No, Kris. This is wrong. Let’s stop this.” Jongdae pleads.
 
“I’m afraid about that. We’ll keep this secret to our graves. You’re not telling this to Minseok. I’m going to do the same to Joonmyun. But I just wanted to remind you that I’m doing a favor for you because you like me and I’m still very much in love with Joonmyun. I hope we’re clear about this. You can continue your advances with me but I cannot return back your feelings.” Kris says.
 
Jongdae only nodded as he felt a strong pang in his heart.