Voices

I Hear Your Voice (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, In Ha woke up in her bed. She didn’t know how she got there but she clearly remembered her evening with Kyuhyun. That was bad, as soon as she opened her eyes she was already thinking about him… Her thoughts were interrupted by Na Young.

“Hey sleepy head! You’re awake? Everyone is ready; they are calling us to the canteen for the briefing of the day.”

In Ha made a sign for Na Young to go ahead and jumped out of bed to get dressed. But her friend didn’t go out of the cabin; instead she sat on the bed in front of her and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Tell me… what’s your deal with Cho Kyuhyun?”

The girl turned surprised to her friend. The young violinist was staring intensely at her and In Ha had that uncomfortable feeling of being trapped... She shook her head, signifying that nothing was going on, and focused on brushing her hairs.

“Come on you can tell me! I’m your best friend.”

In Ha didn’t say anything, but Na Young wouldn’t be discouraged.

“You two are spending a lot of time together and you seem to get along fine. I’m sure something is going on.”

The brunette took her pad on the table and wrote something quickly.

“What do you mean by going on?”

“Well you know… Are you two dating?”

“We are not.”

“But you like him.”

“Of course I do, or else we wouldn’t be friends.”

Na Young let out a frustrated groan and got up to come to her friend.

“That’s not what I meant. I never saw you smile like you do with Kyuhyun. The only other person you smile like that with, is Jun.”

That sentence confused the girl… Did she have a special smile with the boys? What did it mean? Seeing that her friend was clueless, Na Young decided to let it go.

“Alright, let’s say that nothing is going on. But if there was something you would tell me right?”

In Ha smiled softly at her friend and nodded. Suddenly the blonde girl looked at her feet.

“I know I’m not a very reliable person… but I’m here for you if you ever want to have a girls talk. Well, even if technically you can’t talk.”

In Ha laughed. That lack of tact was one of the things she liked about Ah Na Young. With her you could never be bored. The girl finished getting ready and a few minutes later they were in the canteen. The hubbub of people talking echoed in the room, while the girls searched for a place to sit and take their breakfast. Finally they found Jun with Jellahl and Min Ki waving at them. In Ha sat next to her little brother while scanning the room for Kyuhyun, which she found further away talking with her foster dad and mom. They smiled at each other, but quickly the girl turned her head around, somehow shy to meet his eyes. She wished they could talk like they did the day before, but unfortunately she wouldn’t see him the whole day. In between the activities her foster mom had prepared for them, and the rehearsals, In Ha spent most of her day with her team. She would even only cross pass with Jun. She kind of missed him… she felt that he was being distant and that lately they hadn’t had a moment to themselves and she honestly missed it…

Finally, at the end of the day Lee Eun Jung suggested a treasure hunt game to close their activities of the day. Everyone seemed excited with it, and they all went to the woods to play. But In Ha wasn’t that interested by it, so she took that chance to slip away. The girl would have at least an hour before everyone was done, and she decided that in that mean time she could continue working on her compositions. The only thing now, was to find somewhere calm…

Next to the cafeteria and the kitchen, there was a much larger building, made entirely of wood; from the outside, that part was connected to a the other side of the building by a corridor surrounded by windows, like a glassy tunnel. That pavilion was the music room. That’s where the girl decided to go. It was a beautiful room illuminated by huge windows, the floor was solid wood and everything had been thought to optimize the acoustic. Entering the room, on the right was a mini stage and facing it, on the other side of the room was a gorgeous black grand piano.

In Ha sat at the piano and absentmindedly passed her fingers on the keys. What a beautiful instrument it was. Clac! She jumped around surprised by the sound of the door closing. That’s when she saw Kyuhyun standing in the room.

“Seems like we had the same idea.” he told her.

She was actually surprised to see him here. He was so busy, always surrounded by people that they didn’t see each other at all, after that time at breakfast. In Ha would’ve thought he would still be busy…

“So… What are you working on?” he asked pointing the piano.

“Nothing…” she wrote.

He came closer to her, with that same smirking smile he always had.

“You know, I was surprised… You’re heavier than I would’ve thought.”

In Ha frowned not understanding what he was talking about, when suddenly the image of him carrying her back to her cabin, after she fell asleep at the cafeteria yesterday night came to her mind. That’s how she got back! Immediately she blushed, feeling mortified. Kyuhyun on the other hand started laughing; at least one of them was having fun.

“It is so easy, and so fun to tease you!” he continued laughing.

Not liking how he was mocking her, the girl frowned, crossing her arms on her chest.

“Oh come on In Ha, it’s a joke. You were light as a feather!”

Her heart skipped a bit for a second. It was the first time Kyuhyun ever pronounced her name, and it was weird hearing it coming from his mouth. But at the same time she loved it. The girl ended up cracking a smile, even if she pretended to still be mad. It was incredible how quickly Kyuhyun could pick up what she meant or what she was thinking without needing her to write anything… it was like if he was attentive to her every moves and expressions. Or maybe he could read her mind. She hoped not… that wouldn’t be a good think for her.

Deciding it was enough teasing; Kyuhyun leaned on the piano and changed the subject.

“I was meaning to tell you something. I learned some sign language.” he suddenly told her.

In Ha turned to him, tilting her head on the side curious, and made a hand movement, inviting him to show her.

“But you have to promise you won’t laugh.”

She nodded and Kyuhyun started doing a combination of signs that she guessed meant: “I like music how about you?” and “Are you hungry?  Do you wanna go eat somewhere?”. But a lot of the signs were incorrect and she smiled. The boy was so focused and putted so much effort in trying to remember it, that she couldn’t help but laugh at how cute he was. He was so adorable. Kyuhyun caught her smiling and he stopped, pouting.

“You said you wouldn’t laugh!”

That made her laugh even more.

“Yah!”

For real, she was touched that he was trying to learn some signs for her and the effor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter