Unexpected Dinner

I Hear Your Voice (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been some time now, that In Ha was working with Kyuhyun and the rest of her team. As the boy promised he had been more of a partner than an enemy, which she was very thankful for. A part from the team work, In Ha was exhaustingly busy. She had managed to compose some of the musical songs, but she didn’t feel it was her best work, and that highly bothered the girl. Even with her adoptive father’s help, there was still something missing but she couldn’t put her finger on it… Besides that, the girl still had her classes to focus on. Not to say that she had barely time for anything else. Her work with the music team was going surprisingly well. Not only had In Ha discovered hidden bossy skills and was managing to direct and help everyone well, but also she was getting more and more social. Indeed, spending so much time together, the team got closer and they soon became all friends. It wasn’t that In Ha was an unsocial person, but since she couldn’t communicate properly, it was never easy. But her team didn’t mind that she couldn’t speak with words, because like Jun had told her once, they spoke a more universal language… music.

After the rehearsal, today, they all invited In Ha to have dinner together, but she declined, she wanted to work on her compositions. Jun and Jellhal offered to stay with her, but she told them to go on, she wouldn’t be able to work with them there. After everyone was gone she took her things and went to her secret hiding place. The university she was in was huge, and with and with its popularity they were forced to build new modern locals for the increasing number of students but they never had time to destroy the old buildings. In her first year, In Ha found in one of the old buildings a room with an old piano. At first the piano was out of tune but after she worked on it, she was surprised by the great acoustic of it in that giant empty room. She loved coming here to work in peace.

She sat on the piano, and with a smile she played with the keys. She missed playing. Not that it’s been long since she did but it was always for work. She missed playing just for fun and enjoying it. So before getting into composing she took some time and practiced her fingers by playing the first song her father ever taught her. Even after the accident and losing a lot of her memories, her body, never forgot how to play that song. Muscle memory was really something incredible. When she hit the last note, she took a deep breath and got down to business. She spent what seemed hours working and changing small things in her compositions but still the thing that bothered her wouldn’t go away. Frustrated, In Ha had to realize at some point, that she wouldn’t get anywhere tonight. She leaned her head on the piano, sighing.

“Someone’s giving up fast.”

In Ha jumped on her seat, surprised. Kyuhyun came in the room with his undying smirk.

“What are you doing here? I thought you would’ve gone home by now.” she quickly wrote on her pad.

“Yeah I should have… But I saw someone working extra hours and came to see.”

“How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to see you despair.”

In Ha stared at him surprised. Did he really come back here for her? That’s when she realized they were only the two of them, alone. He made her move a bit and sat next to her on the piano chair.

“Do you need some help?”

The girl didn’t answer right away because she was flustered by the boy’s proximity. It’s not like In Ha any problem being close to a boy, but something about Kyuhyun… now that he was so close she could smell his amazing natural perfume, and that moved her somehow. But soon she got a grip of herself.

“So, what’s your problem exactly?” he asked, leaning in the music sheets.

She shrugged, showing him how frustrated she was. The boy frowned, focusing on the sheet. They worked together, the girl noting all his suggestions. She was always surprised by how well he knew music, as she often forgot who he was. He helped her change a lot of things and everything seemed to be exactly what she was looking for. But at some point, In Ha was incapable of focusing on anything else than his warmth next to her… Kyuhyun continued.

“I think that maybe you could change this part by a C accord, and…”

And suddenly he turned around, because she wasn’t having any reaction. But by doing that, their faces found themselves inches from one another and the both froze. They stayed surprised for a second, before Kyuhyun, finally noticing their closeness, got up and backed away. He cleared his throat.

“I mean, you could do that, or not… just saying.”

“Right. Thanks.” she wrote.

They stayed a moment in an awkward silence then finally Kyuhyun broke it.

“Have you eaten?”

She shook her head.

“Then come on.”

It took her a moment to understand that he was inviting her to dinner.

“That’s ok, don’t worry I’ll eat at home.”

“I’m trying to play nice guy here, so don’t throw away my efforts please.” he said with a smirk.

She sketched a smile and started cleaning up her things. Then she wrote one last thing on her pad and showed it to the boy.

“Ok, then let’s enjoy your HUGE effort to be nice…”

Kyuhyun laughed and the girl followed him to his car. She stopped a moment before it and again wrote something fast on her pad.

“I thought that an idol like yourself wouldn’t drive your own car but would have a driver, and wouldn’t even have time to go out for dinner.”

“Oh well, I asked for a break… and because I was feeling generous I dismissed my driver.”

The girl frowned, falsely annoyed.

“Cho Kyuhyun, are you trying to impress me?”

“Maybe?” he smirked.

The girl laughed. Before, she would’ve hated comments like those, but now she knew that Kyuhyun wasn’t a real egocentric and arrogant person. On the contrary she was starting to like his teasingly personality and made her want to discover more sides of him.

They got in the car and before the girl could ask where they were going, he started the car. Just a few minutes after they left, Kyuhyun’s phone started ringing.

“Do you mind if I take it?” he asked her.

She shook her head and he put the call on speaker in the car.

“Hello?”

“Hey you little rascal! Are you done with your students, mister professor Kyukyu?”

Recognizing the voice, Kyuhyun suddenly seemed embarrassed to have In Ha listening.

“I’m done but…”

“That’s great, because I’m starving.” said the voice, cutting Kyuhyun off. “Let’s meet at our usual place.”

“The thing is… I’m not alone… and… You’re on speaker.”

There was a long silence at the other end, and then finally the tone changed and got more seducing.

“Hello beautiful stranger.”

In Ha tried hard to hold a laugh, then she threw Kyuhyun a questioning look, not knowing what to do, but she didn’t have to.

“She can’t answer you…”

“Oh, it’s a she?! Is it your little mute girl?”

Kyuhyun tried coughing to mask his friend’s voice but In Ha heard it clearly. So he spoke of her?

“You’re still on speaker…!”

“Oops, sorry.” his friends said, even if he didn’t seem sorry at all.

“Anyway I can’t come, I’m eating with her.”

“Then bring her. The more the merrier as we say.”

Kyuhyun was about to decline when he read In Ha’s word on the notebook by the corner of his eyes; as he was still busy driving.

“I don’t mind.”

“Are you sure?” he whispered. “He is completely crazy.”

“I can hear you!” his friend said at the other end.

This time, In Ha couldn’t help but laughed. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter