The Teams

I Hear Your Voice (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the auditions everyone got assigned to different teams. There were the acting and singer’s team and the music and dance team. Of course In Ha got into the music one along with Na Young and Jellahl. But surprisingly Jun was put in the singer’s team. Apparently the jury had chosen him based on his duet with In Ha and thought his voice was beautiful. So beautiful, that he ended up with the main role. Jun wasn’t happy about it at all, to say the least… Especially with the attention he ended up having. Jun was a very attractive boy, since of course Na Young wouldn’t have chosen anyone. In Ha admitted that he had his charm, but she never imagined he could have this effect on girls, and soon the poor boy found himself with a fan-club.  While for In Ha, in between her normal classes, every day after class she would have practice in a big hall of their department. Since the day of the auditions she hadn’t met with Kyuhyun, but she knew that she was in only because of him. She couldn’t stop thinking about it and about the fact that maybe he was a good guy underneath all his attitude. Before their first rehearsal, the girl got summoned to the director’s office.
On day after class, she nervously knocked on the director’s door. A high pitched voice told her to come in as she found herself in front of his secretary.

“Mr. Nam will be with you in a minute.”

In Ha nodded and sat in a chair in front of the secretary’s desk. She honestly had no idea of why she got called here. Maybe they changed their minds and didn’t want to have a mute girl on their production in the end. A few minutes later the door opened and the director told her to come in. She greeted him and once she got in the room she noticed that she wasn’t alone. Two other mans were sitting there, one of them was the director of her department and the other man was none other than her foster dad, Dong Chul.

“Miss. Min, please sit down.” the director showed her a seat.

Still a bit confused, she sat down and threw a questioning look to Dong Chul, whose answer was smile at her.

“Do you have an idea of why we called you here?” the director asked.

The girl shook her head.

“Well, in front of your excellent grades and your more than impressive capability in the composing field we decide to make you an offer.”

In Ha kept staring at the director, still not understanding what he wanted.

“I knew your dad a long time ago, and he was a very good composer you have that in your genes. Plus you’re in the good care of Dong Chul-shii I’m sure he could only have been a good teacher to you…”

That was the problem with the director, he always talked too much and always beating around the bush. Not taking his blabbering anymore, Dong Chul saved In Ha.

“We could like you to compose the musical songs and direct the music team.”

In Ha stared at her foster dad, shocked. She quickly took her pad and wrote something in it, before showing it to the three men in front of her.

“I never directed anything! I don’t even know how to do it!”

“We trust that you can do a good work.” her department director said.

“Plus, you won’t be alone in directing the team. We will pair you up with someone with a little more experience.”

At the moment he said that someone knocked on the door, and without waiting for an answer opened it and came in. Of course it had to be him… Cho Kyuhyun came in the room and bowed before the two professors before sitting on a fourth chair in the corner. Not even a glance, nothing. He completely ignored the girl.

“Ah! Kyuhyun you’re right on time, we were saying to In Ha, how you two would work together from now on.”

Wait she was going to have to work with this guy?! It was a joke…

“I’m sure you two will get along just fine. And we expect a lot from this partnership!” the director said.

In Ha winced in spite herself and Kyuhyun didn’t fail to notice. He finally looked at her and threw her a dark glance.

“We’ll do as you wish, even if I’m not sure she will be competent enough to lead a team…”

And here he goes insulting her again.

“… although I’m not worried by her composing abilities.”

What an … wait what?! Was that a compliment? She threw him a questioning look, but he avoided her gaze, ignoring her once again.

“Then it’s settled! Bu next week we’ll need at least 3 main compositions that you’ll submit to Dong Chul-shii.” the director told In Ha.

He held out some papers to her and she took it, curious.

“This is the musical’s script; you’ll need it to work. But it’s top secret! If anyone gets their hands on it, other schools could compromise our 100th anniversary and we can’t have that…”

In Ha stared at all of them, dazed. She wanted to say something, to say that she wasn’t the right person for this, that they were making a mistake. But they didn’t leave her time. The two directors and her foster dad started talking about other matters and dismissed her.

Only when she was out in the hallway that she came to realize what just happened. Three compositions in 1 week?! It was almost impossible!

“Looks like as if you gave up before even starting.” said a voice behind her.

The girl jumped, surprised. She thought that she was alone. In Ha turned around to see Kyuhyun smirking at her.

“You seem on edge, little thief girl.”

In Ha frowned and wrote something quickly on her notepad.

“I already told you, I didn’t steal your notebook I found it!”

“Who said I was talking about my notebook?”

Then without leaving her time to ask what the hell he was talking about, he started walking away.

“Are you coming? We have work to do.”

Cursing this arrogant brat, she followed him to their rehearsal room. When they arrived, there was already a group of people and among them she noticed Jellahl, Na Young and of course Jun, who threw her questioning, looks. In Ha wanted more than anything to go to them and be with her friends, but instead she followed Kyuhyun to the center of the room and stopped next to him. As soon as Kyuhyun had entered the room, the girls started fangirling and excitedly talk among themselves. But the tall brunet didn’t seem moved by it, even one bit. With a jagged face the boy turned to them.

“So, hello everyone, I don’t think I need any introduction but anyway, I’m Cho Kyuhyun and I’ll be the person in charge of the singing team until the anniversary musical.”

More squealing coming from the girls and ever the boys seems excited now.

“I’ll be here to teach you how to sing and follow a simple song. And believe me I won’t be easy on you guys.”

In Ha felt stupid standing there. The only thing that made he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter