The Announcement

I Hear Your Voice (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few months that In Ha had heard the voice that moved her for life. Since then, she hadn’t been able to hear it again or to discover who it belonged to. It frustrated her, but at the same time she had more present matters.

Today classes ended earlier because the director had called for a meeting with all the third years, to announce something big. On their way to the great hall Na Young wouldn’t stop trying to guess what the director wanted to announce, and just before they got into the room the two girls were joined by Jellahl and Jun. Most of the students where already there and soon they saw the director on stage. To their surprise they noticed that besides the director was also another person, that was none other than Jun’s father. Jun and In Ha looked at each other and she threw him a questioning look that he understood easily.

“I don’t know anything about this…”

The director then asked silence in the room.

“Hello everyone. As you all know our school is celebrating its 100th year this year.” the whole room started to shout and clap, then everyone was quiet again with a hand movement from the director. “And so for this event we are going to prepare a concert in the schools honor. Because the 4th years are busy preparing their future, you guys are the ones who will represent our school, so make us proud!”

Everyone started to shout again, everyone talking to their neighbor, excited.

“We will be holding auditions to choose the best of you and the rest will be dispatched in the other preparations. Now let me introduce the one who will be directing the production; please welcome the famous composer Lee Dong Chul.”

Everyone started clapping, while Dong Chul stepped on stage to take the microphone. Because In Ha and Jun were not far away from the stage, Dong Chul winked at them, discreetly.

“Some of you kids know me as a composer and some of you don’t know me at all.” laughs raised in the room. “All you have to know is that I’m going to be the one judging and choosing you, just to let you know no one will have a special treatment and trying to bribe me won’t work. So I’m waiting for you all to give it your best.”

Everyone clapped for him and the director took the microphone again. He went on about how everything was going to be and the organization. In Ha turned to Jun and started signing, one of the preps of talking with your hands was that you couldn’t bother other people.

“You really didn’t know about this?”

Jun answered with signs too.

“I swear no. That’s probably the surprise he was talking about…”

“Are you guys going to do the auditions?” Jellahl asked suddenly.

Na Young turned to them and said with a smirk.

“Of course we are! No one is doing a special concert without Na Young and Jun-ah.”

“Don’t talk about misfortune; you’re going to jinx our performance.”

The girl didn’t even reply and just stocked her tongue to him and Jellahl did the same. In Ha and Jun shook their heads at their friend’s silliness and focused on the director again, at the right moment where he was finishing his speech.

“And for that special occasion our school was lucky enough to have the help of a real professional who is one of our old students. He kindly accepted to supervise the performance and will be working alongside with Lee Dong Chul-shii. But before, I will please ask you to show him your support and your best manners.”

Then before the director was able to finish his sentence, a tall brown haired boy stepped on stage and came to be next to the director. There was a big silence in the room before it literally exploded with shouters. Na Young joined while in the squealing while In Ha covered her ears, was trying to survive the noise. She didn’t get why everyone would go crazy about that guy. The brunet on stage didn’t seem more affected than that by all the commotion, like if he was used to it, but didn’t seem happy either. In Ha wrote something on her pad and showed it to Na Young.

“Who is he?”

“You don’t know him?! He is an idol from a very popular band. I can’t believe we are going to work with him so closely!”

The director then stepped aside to let the microphone to the boy. He took it and introduced himself.

“Hello, I’m Super Junior's Choi Kyuhyun and I’m looking forward to work with you guys.”

His voice surprised In Ha, it didn’t fit his image at all, she wasn’t expecting it to be so deep, and warm, and… it sounded so familiar… A tingling sensation arisen in her heart that she didn’t know where it came from.

The director calmed everyone and finished his speech, finally letting everyone go. All the students were overly excited about the auditions that were going to start next week, and were already discussing about what they would show the jury on that day. Jun and Jellahl couldn’t take any more of the hysterical Na Young, so Jun pressed In Ha for them to go home.  Once they were home, the two of them went running to see if their dad was already home. They found him in the music room.

“Dad!!!! How come you didn’t tell us?!”

“So sneaky, uncle Dong Chul…” the girl wrote.

Dong Chul smirked, obviously proud of his surprise.

“It wouldn’t have been fun otherwise. So are you guys going to do the auditions?”

The two young people looked at each other for a second before nodding.

“Then I hope you’ll present something amazing, I won’t go easy on you just because you’re my kids.”

“That’s so unfair… you should at least be useful for something, like picking us without even an audition.” In Ha .

The man laughed and shook his head.

“I have faith in your talents; I know you two are going to be picked for sure.”

They asked for more details about the production and what the juries were expecting, but Dong Chul was annoyingly secretive. After finally understanding that they wouldn’t get anything more, they both went to In Ha’s room to do their homework as they usually did. After finishing homework, In Ha got up.

“I’m going to the convenience store, you want something?” she asked.

“I’m going to prepare dinner tonight; mom has a deadline to finish so she’ll be home late. Can you buy some chili pepper pasta on your way back?”

She nodded. Because Jun’s mom was a reporter, she would usually come back home late, so Jun always took on the role of the mom until his own was there to take care of all the boys of the house, since his dad was always too focus on work anyway, always locked in the music room. It should’ve been In Ha’s role since she was the only remaining girl, but Jun had this weird idea that he had to protect her, from everything. She let him do it, if it made him happy…

The girl put a light coat and went to the convenience store. She liked to go on small walks like these sometimes, she could think about things she wouldn’t usually at home. Even if she loved her famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter