A Whole New World!

SuperJunior: My Dating Diaries

A Whole New World

            I could feel a slight accumulation of saliva beside my mouth, when I heard someone cooking. I could also smell something delicious and it somehow awoke my senses. I didn’t want to get up yet since I slept very late, but I have to. So after arranged my bed, I headed straight to the kitchen where Kim was cooking.

“Good morning!” she said energetically

“Good morning.” I smiled

“Have pancakes, and prepare right after, we’re going somewhere since you’re work doesn’t’ start until next week.”

“Where are we going?”

“Everywhere!”

---

We walked through a spacious lobby, and headed straight into an office. It was Kim’s workplace. She worked for a publishing company, and writes for a girls’ magazine as an associate editor. Their building was located in a compound of the company. Their publishing building, their radio station plus recording company and their school was there.

As we entered the building, Kim was greeted by everybody. Her subordinates enthusiastically greeted me too. I met, Ma’am Raquel about mid thirties, their editor. I met Fritz and Elize, their writers as well. Fritz was gay; I like him a lot since his very friendly and funny. I liked Elize too; she’s so talkative and fun.

Kim brought me to the HR (Human Resource), where I met Sir Gary, my soon to be boss. I’ll be working for him at HR for the next 4 weeks, before going to another phase of my OJT. Sir Gary is at his mid forty’s. He seemed pretty skilled and experienced. He’s so smart too, though his kind of intimidating and authoritative he seemed nice. He seemed to be an approachable and understanding boss. He told me he’s been looking forward to be doing business with. Business, I thought, seemed to be a tough word. I bet it’ll be bloody.

            We toured the school campus, where the radio station is also located. Kim said the radio station has just started but it has become very popular.

Kim was put on-hold a while she saw someone she knew and they chatted, so, I rested at a seat nearby while I took a bite of my burger. Yum! I got so bored so I stood and waived at Kim mouthing “I’ll be back”.

I walked around the building and went upstairs where broadcasting is located. I passed by the broadcasting studio. The glass window was covered with curtain so I couldn’t see anything but the small space for sala set. I walked along the hallway glancing and peeking at opened doors or uncovered windows. I busied myself taking chunks of my burger, while dancing randomly, aw okay I was shaking since I really can’t dance, relying on my hum and slight singing as my music. Because I was frisky I dropped my burger on the floor.

“It hasn’t been here for five minutes!” I told myself as I got the burger and took another bite. In my surprise, I heard someone giggle.

I turned around and saw a guy behind me.

“Sorry” he said, trying to conceal his laugh. I felt so embarrassed that I felt my cheeks warmed. I was dumbfounded and I felt so silly. “Really, I’m sorry.” He added as he smiled.

I just bit the corner of my lip and nodded. “Okay then, enjoy your snack!”

I was still glued on the same spot as I looked at him enter the broadcasting studio. That was when I realized how stupid I looked. I swear would have not eaten it if the burger did touch the flooring, but it was the plastic which touched the floor, besides, I should not waste such food right? How could I? I argued to myself.

            Anyway the guy, uhm he’s cute. He seemed to be not a normal person, I mean not the one who can just walk around without being noticed. He had a beautiful skin; you can say he’s rich. He also seemed to be a foreigner. He can be an actor or a model. Or he can be a son of a known personality.

So I was speechless. How can you say something when you were humiliated and would find out the one laughing at you was damn cute!

He was familiar though, maybe I’ve seen him in some TV shows or was I just imagining things?

            I hurriedly went down and saw Kim waiting for me. We continued touring again, and then we spent the rest of the day at the mall. We watched a movie and also ate outside. That night I told Kim about the incident, “I think I know who that was.” But she refused to tell me more.