Unless You're Super Junior

SuperJunior: My Dating Diaries

Unless You’re Super Junior

Ina’s P.O.V.

            I got up from bed earlier; it felt like I haven’t slept completely. My sleep was almost superficial. My thoughts would not let me sleep in peace; I was still annoyed with the incident yesterday. I just ponytailed my hair and then left my room for kitchen.

I was still rubbing my eyes, as I reached the kitchen.

“AHHHH!” I shouted, there was a man in the kitchen. He turned around casually, and looked at me.

“You!?!” I shouted. It was Mean Guy. “Wh—what are you doing here?”

He took a sip on his coffee trying to formulate an answer, when I heard Kim came with Mr. Burger and Young Woon? I was really oblivious of what this was. Was it just a dream? I subtly pinched my left arm. Oh! It was real.

“You’re finally up.” Kim smiled.

“So—so they’re here to visit you?”

“Yes” Kim said

“You’re friends with them?”

“Before I—we answer all of your questions, let’s take a seat first. We bought some bread and filling for breakfast.”

We all sat at the dining table. I sat beside Kim, beside her is Young Woon, sitting at the corner, facing Kim is Mean Guy, and in front of me is Mr. Burger. I awkwardly sat in silence.

I looked at Kim, waiting for an explanation. She then looked at Young Woon. It was pretty dramatic lol, it looked like a scene in a TV drama where they were going to reveal or confess something insane.

“Guys, I would like to formally introduce you to Ina.”

Then Young Woon spoke as he was looking at me “Actually there are two reasons why we’re here. First, I’m visiting my girlfriend.” He took Kim’s hand into his.

“Wow!” I said surprised. “That’s nice.”

“Thanks couz”

“Then the second reason why we’re here is we would like to apologize for rudeness of our friend here. Actually he’s really not that bad; he was just having a tough day and had a recent bad experience with an obsessed fan.”

I just sighed and looked at mean guy.

“Hyung, you’re sorry right?” Mr. Burger said.

“I apologize for what happened yesterday.” He bowed, but I don’t think it was sincere enough. He had this poker face and it made me upset.

“It’s okay.” I said insincerely.

“It’s funny, you two guys fighting, and you look like little kids.” Kim said, “So let it end here okay?” she added laughing.

Really? This is ridiculous, she even find humour in this situation.

“If you introduced me to them earlier this would have been prevented.” I teased, making a childish face.

“I’m really sorry couz, I was really waiting for the perfect timing. Then, yesterday when I asked you to get the envelope, I neglected the single important detail that I haven’t introduced you yet. I didn’t imagine it would turn out that way.”

I just nodded, but then I realized perfect timing?

“Perfect timing? Why would you need a perfect timing? You know pretty much that I wouldn’t react sourly of you having a boyfriend.”

“No, it’s not that. It’s because of who Young Woon is, who they are.”

“huh?”

“You really don’t recognize them up to now, don’t you?” She giggled. “I was planning to surprise you. That’s why I wanted you to formally meet first.”

I know I had puckered brow that time. I am still oblivious of what she was talking about.

“I still don’t get it. So they are?”

“We’re Korean idols.” Mr. Burger said

I blushed, even if I still was contemplating if it was true.

“You really do look familiar but I really don’t know.”

“Really? Look at them closer.” Kim suggested.

Mr. Burger, who are you then? I was looking at him more intensely.

“Are you shinee?” I giggled, I was sure they weren’t.

“Well, you told me before that you were a fan of theirs.” She said as if to remind me

I laughed “Their fan?” Well I really don’t know who they are.”

“really?” Mean Guy said sarcastically.

“Hyung” Mr. Burger said as if to tell Mean Guy to behave.

Then something crossed my mind. Are they Super Junior? I was debating with myself. They now look like them? But I wouldn’t want to, after hating Mean Guy here, it seemed so hard to accept that they are Super Junior. But I still took courage to say, with a short laugh, “I ain’t your fan unless you’re SUPER JUNIOR!”

Then I can see a FINALLY, look on their faces.

But I still managed to ask “You’re not Super Junior, Aren’t you?”

“You are our fan then.” Young Woon said.

“Super Junior, it is!” Mr. Burger added.

I still couldn’t get over with what I found out. So I was so immobile, mind restless and my heart’s pumping very fast. I didn’t know if I was pale or I was red.

“I guess we should introduce ourselves formally. I’m Young Woon” he bowed.

“I am Lee Hyuk Jae, and this hyung here is Jung Su.”

Well their names do ring a bell.

“Do you recognize them now Ina?” Kim asked and added “Do you still remember their screen names?”

“I guess so, but I’m not sure who is who.”

“We’ll leave it for you to find out then.” Said Hyuk Jae

I was still preoccupied when they left. I still couldn’t internalize the fact that they were Super Junior. I still was in denial or I felt like I needed more proof that they are who they claim they are.

Kim and I talked for awhile after that encounter. She and Young Woon met at Singapore last year when she and Ms. Raquel covered the first airing of their Radio Program there. Fact No. 2: Ma’am Raquel, Kim, and some executive Producers of the company negotiated with Super Junior, their manager and SMEnt for the radio program here and the upcoming album in which is in collaboration with Richnet Records of Singapore. Fact No. 3: Others members were coming for the album and Fact No. 4: I still don’t know who was who; she still left it for me to figure out.