The Departure

SuperJunior: My Dating Diaries

Prologue:

I couldn’t sleep because I was anticipating my trip tomorrow. It’ll be a trip far away from home. There were three reasons why I was anxious about the trip. First, it’s because it’ll be my first time in flight. I have flown before, but I never considered it my first since it was an infantile memory.  Second, is I’m restless because there is this question that goes in mind which is, “Am I prepared to live away from home for months?” Lastly, I am freaking nervous about my on the job training.

The Departure

            Mother acquainted Jazz, my gay bestfriend and I since we weren’t really familiar with the airport. She too was nervous for me. I was anxious, but she seemed to be more restless than I was. She kept on telling us what to do before entering, and how the baggage are checked, and how to check-in and so on and so forth. I kept on reassuring her that I will do just fine. She kept on complaining again and again why I have chosen to be away for my practicum. Yes, I could have chosen somewhere nearer from home, but I didn’t; I wouldn’t. My cousin have promised me to help me during my practicum and it’s a once and a lifetime opportunity. She told me I wouldn’t have to worry about a place to stay since of course I’d be staying with her. She also helped us with our application. Jazz and I sent her our resumes and took care of them for us. There were also six more of our classmates who’d be at the same place as us, but they applied for another company. The rest were distributed at different places.

            We checked in as early as possible and just hanged out with mother for awhile. She told me that we could already go inside but I refused, we’ve waited until the 30 minutes call time. I know though I haven’t told her, that she knows I am worried about leaving that I was going to miss her, them, so badly.

            “It’s time.”

            “Yeah, bye” I smiled, keeping tears from falling down.

            She opened her arms, gesturing for a hug. I was ashamed to express what I felt so I just took the hug and added “Too much drama”

            “oooh...” she teased “ I know for sure that you are going to miss me.”

            “For sure she would tita, she’s just to proud to admit it.” Jazz inserted

            “If I do, I still would not tell you.” As I tucked my tongue out to her like a little child.

            “Okay, as you say so.”

Mom and I are really close you know. She can be a sister and a best friend to me, not t mention she’s the coolest mom ever! I’m really not that expressive to her though, but sometimes I do, when I am not so shy about it. Hehehe.

I waived as I said goodbye. We were both feeling dramatic. So I entered as quickly as possible. When I lost a sight of her I noted to myself; here starts my journey.

            The weather was fine as I arrived at the airport. Okay, the flight wasn’t bad at all. I loved it. I loved watching the ground from up above, I loved the clouds, just right outside my window!        Jazz left as soon as we arrived at the airport since there’s someone waiting for him there. He was fetched by his uncle, in which he’d be staying.

RING. RING. RING.

“Hello couz,” I greeted her. “Yes, I finally arrived...

Hmm. Okay I will just wait for you here. I can’t wait to see you too! Bye!”

About forty five minutes later, she called again.

“What are you wearing?” she asked.

“A black t shirt and a pair of jeans, and I’m near the check-in machines, how about you?”

She was now giggling “I am looking at you now.”

As I saw her I literally flew to her and we gave each other a hug.

“You looked different.” I said.

“Different good or different bad?”

“Very good!” I exclaimed.

“Thanks.” She was pleased. “You haven’t changed a lot” she added.

I was thinking of asking her if the change was good or it was bad, but I didn’t. Kim has changed enormously. Well she was pretty back then but now she really has turned into a very beautiful lady.

“Come on” she smiled

“Okay!” Following her out of the terminal

I sighed as we reached the parking area. I could really say there’s something in the air! Imagined or not I feel like the town is welcoming me.

She owns a car, and actually I’ll be living in her apartment for the whole practicum duration.  Kim just at the age of 26 has been doing great in her career, and that’s why she took me in her custody for a while. But even without her career I can assume that she can keep up with all her expenses. Her family may not be very wealthy but you can say that they are rich, not to mention that she’s the only child. Even though they were rich, my mom never wanted us to depend on his brother. She never wanted to be indebted even to his brother. But because I insisted she allowed me this time, besides, Kim said that it wouldn’t be her parent’s money but her own. Kim and I are really close. She even stayed at our house for two years at high school when her parents always fought. She said she found a true family in us. Though her parents were both successful, she seemed unhappy because they never had a time for her nor they had a time to bind them as a family. That is why she was so attached to us. She left when she entered college and now it has been 6 years, though she would come for vacations, like she did last year, we never had much time anymore. During her last visit, it was when we have talked about me, staying with her for my on the job training. Now it has really come into reality!

I was fascinated by the towering buildings and city lights that was insight while we travel. It’s really different from my humble town. Even neighbouring cities around my place wasn’t as urbanized as this. I sighed as I thought to myself. I didn’t realize that we finally arrived at my cousin’s place.

 

That night we of course made time for those lost moments and talked for hours. She let me stay in one of the three rooms of the apartment. It was simple an cozy and I really am comfortable with it.

 

I hope you can bear with me, NEXT CHAPTER will be more interesting I promise. :)