Epilogue: Bright Lights

One shots

Kaleah's P.O.V               

                  It had been a year since the car accident; I remember it all like it was yesterday. The bright lights blinding us, the force of the car rolling into the ditch, and then it seems like I don’t remember what happened next. I remember waking up in the hospital, being discharged, and going back to my life once my casts were gone. I can’t remember Yukwon, did he come see me? I don’t remember him visiting at all; I didn’t even know he was okay until I saw Block B’s come back. Why didn’t he come? Why hasn’t he called? Was this is way of dumping me? That wouldn’t make sense, we we’re happy, celebrating and laughing. Why would he just leave? I thought of calling but I couldn’t, I wanted to but every time I picked up the phone I couldn’t remember the number.

                I dragged myself down stairs, to the kitchen where my dad and his ‘girlfriend’ were at. I stood in the doorway, “I’m going to the carnival with Ming and Tao. It’s their last night in Korea before they go back to China.” My dad nodded, “I’ll see you later.”

                “Drive safe.” He called out to me as I opened the door.

                ‘I will.’ I thought to myself getting into the car.

                It wasn’t a long drive to the carnival, but finding a place to park was dreadful. I got out of the car taking my purse and light weight jacket with me. I met up with Ming and Tao by a cotton candy machine. Ming handed me a large pink cotton candy, “It’s really good! So sweet and it melts away!” she laughed.

                “It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a carnival.” I mumbled.

                “Oh really? When was the last time you were here?” Tao asked stealing a big piece of cotton candy.

                “A year ago.” They were silent, “I remember riding the Ferris wheel, taking silly pictures, and going through the fun house.” I smiled, “It’s a lot of fun, and we should go through it!” I got excited leading them to the fun house. I tossed my cotton candy stick into the garbage, “Don’t worry about looking dumb. Its dim lighting and it’s supposed to happen.”

                We wobbled around in the fun house falling over, running into walls, and each other. We were all in tears by the time we walked out of the fun house. Ming held on to Tao’s arm, “Oh my gad I can’t breathe! You,” she shook his arm, “you were the worst one!”Tao’s face was flustered, “I guess that comes with being tall,” We stopped laughing, composing ourselves before walking around.

                I looked over at the Ferris wheel, my heart stopped, ‘It can’t be, can it?’ I stared, “Yukwon.” I mumbled out, and started walking over towards him. He looked different he looked more grown up than normal. ‘It has to be Yukwon, he’s with Zico, and P.O. It has to be him.’ I felt like I was running, his back turned to me, ‘NO!’ I ran grabbing his wrist.

                He turned around instinctively, “Yu…Yukwon,” I looked up at his face. He was in shock his eyes were wide opened and he just stared at me, “You’re you.” I slapped him, he rubbed his cheek, “Why didn’t visit me? Or call?” I started to cry, “Why didn’t you come back for me?”

                Yukwon put his hands on my shoulder, “You remember me?” he looked at me confused and slightly relieved.

                “Of course I remember you! You took me here, then to eat, and then you were taking me home, and the accident happened. When I woke up in the hospital you weren’t there. You weren’t the next day or week, or month. You never checked on me! Why?” I pushed him back.

                “I did,” he looked me in the eyes, “I went to see you the moment you came out of your coma. You didn’t know who I was; you didn’t even know my name.” he looked off, “Your dad and I thought it would be best to let it go, since the chances of you remembering were slim. “He ran his fingers through his hair, “I always thought you’d call if you remembered me.” He smirked.

                “I forgot you? How could I forget you? I…we’ve been…that’s why you didn’t call. It was my fault.”I covered my face as I cried. I felt Yukwon wrap his arms around me.

                “Let’s go on the Ferris wheel.” I looked up at his smiling face and nodded. We got on the Ferris wheel and stopped at the top, “I’m sorry, I didn’t call.” He looked at me holding my hand, “What do we do now?” he looked at me with tender eyes, “Do we go on being apart? Or do we pick up where we left off?” the Ferris wheel started going again.

                It stopped every few seconds letting people off, “Can we pick back up? Will it work that way?”

                Yukwon sighed, “It’ll be tough but yes it can.” He smiled.

                “Then let’s do that! Let’s go on like before, where I talk a lot and you listen, except I want to know what’s happened with you over this past year. So you talk I’ll listen.”

                Yukwon laughed, “It’s been to quiet without you.” He smiled, “I’ve missed you.”

                My heart raced “I’ve missed you too.”