2004 (Eunji ver.)

Addicted
Eunji stared blankly to the small television in her living room. Occasionally she saw her hamsters who was playing inside it’s cage with a slide happily, then returns her gaze to the 21-inch television screen. Her eommoni and abeoji was away working, and Yunho her brother was studying in Austria.
 
 
Little Eunji finally decided to turn off the television, put on sandals and say goodbye to her grandmother who was watering the flowers in the front garden. Eunji wanted to go to Sungjong’s house, her best friend since babies. Sungjong is the only friend Eunji can trust. He’s a good man, taller than Eunji, rather feminine but has a very warm heart . Smart guy, and when he’s a little he wanted to be an astronaut .
 
 
When Eunji up on the road near Sungjong’s house, she saw a boy who looked at his bloody knees that rubbed against the asphalt. Eunji came to help the boy and took a small plaster inside the pocket of her shorts. The boy was struck by the Eunji’s kindness and asked to get acquainted.
 
 
"What's your name? "
 
 
Eunji looked at him for a moment, and answered with a smile. "Jung Eunji, and you are?"
 
 
"I'm Jung Daehyun."
 
 
"Wow, It turns out we have the same family name, eh? Where were you born?"
 
 
"I was born in Busan, nuna."
 
 
"Me too! Nuna? What year were you born?"
 
 
"1993."
 
 
"Ouch, I was born in 1993 too, idiot. Do I look old?"
 
 
"Ah sorry, I didn't mean to, nuna. But you do look like a high school kid." Daehyun laugh out loud .
 
 
Eunji scowled, " Stop calling me nuna or I’ll call the police. " Eunji pointing a gun-shaped hand and pursue Daehyun to the end of the road .
 
 
"Thank you for helping me, nuna, let’s meet again in the future." Daehyun shouted and ran away before Eunji after him again because he called her nuna.
 
 
"Ah! Wait! " Eunji pursue Daehyun that already running ahead. Daehyun stop his run and turned around, "What?"
 
 
"Will you play with me? My eommoni and abeoji was working , and my brother was study abroad. I need a friend."
 
 
"All right. What do you want to play?"
 
 
"Actually I was going to my friend's house. Wanna join?"
 
 
"Sure, don’t forget to introduce me to him."
 
 
"Definitely." Eunji finally took Daehyun to Sungjong’s house.
 
 
 
-----
 
 
 
"Sungjong-ah!" Eunji’s loud noise shook the fence that has height of 2 meters . "Sungjong-ah!"
 
 
They finally hear some footsteps that seemed to point toward the fence, then came an old woman opened the door with smile.
 
 
"Good afternoon, ahjumma. We’re Sungjong’s friends , whether Sungjong home? " Asked Eunji friendly to the woman who were known to be Sungjong's eomma .
 
 
"Good afternoon, Eunji - ah . There, please come in first. Ahjumma will make you special drinks. " Said Sungjong's eomma while invited them inside. Daehyun bowing to Sungjong's eomma as a sign of respect .
 
 
When they got into the house, little Sungjong greeted Eunji happily. " Baboji! " Call Sungjong laughing . Eunji hates hearing her name changed like a fool.
 
 
"YA! Sungjong-ah ! My name is Eunji not baboji you triangle-head!! " Pout Eunji.
 
 
Sungjong just laughed. " Whoa, new friend. I’m Sungjong, who were you? "
 
 
" Jung Daehyun. Hi, I’m Eunji’s friend. "
 
 
"Hi Daehyun-ssi Was my age the same as yours? "
 
 
" I was born in 1993. I think so, Sungjong-ssi. " Smile Daehyun.
 
 
" Hooray! I got a new boy friend ! Finally my friend's not just you, baboji. " Chirps Sungjong as he pulled out his tongue.
 
 
Eunji was just silent with a slight laugh.
 
 
They played until the evening, followed by laughter . Eunji was happy. Very happy. Likewise with Sungjong and Daehyun .
 
 
" Well, it's late. You'd better go home. I don’t want your eommoni and abeoji scold me for holding you here. I also don’t want to make my eomma angry for not letting you home. So, see you again. " Little Sungjong stood in the doorway, waving goodbye and smiling. " Daehyun! If there was time, how about we play a kite? I think tomorrow was a good idea? "
 
 
" Perhaps, Eunji-ah you don’t have to come. Believe me if you come with us to play a kite, you would be the kite. " joke Daehyun with half-serious face.
 
 
Eunji just pouted but interspersed with laughter because, she was happy she could be with her friends that she loved. If asked, she probably would never want to be separated from them. But in fact, they should. In every meeting there must be separation. That's the law of nature. No one can sue the law of nature. And nothing lasts forever in this world. If anything, surely one of them will die first.
 
 
They were friends of their age now, 11 years old, until high school. They were friends for more than 4 years. But their friendship has to be broken for some reason.
 
 
Eunji and Sungjong’s family had to move to Seoul and continue their education there.
 
 
No excuses.
 
 
And Jung Daehyun who doesn’t know anything abandoned by his friends, alone.