2004 (Sungyeol ver.)

Addicted
"Oh ahjusshi, I would like to order Caramel Green Tea with whipped cream and suji leaf."
 
 
"How much, Sungyeol-ah?"
 
 
"One glass please."
 
 
"Well, it will be ready soon. Please have a seat."
 
 
Little Sungyeol sits in the corner of the cafe and watched the whole room. The room is very unique, with foliage decoration around the walls, and leaf-shaped chairs adorn that 4x6 room. Little Sungyeol likes to took the corner seat so he could see the whole room freely.
 
 
Now is 8.30 AM and the cafe was filled with so many people. Often, Oh ahjusshi open breakfast discount. Sungyeol families often buy green tea at the store because of Oh ahjusshi’s breakfast discount nearly 40 %, and sometimes when Oh ahjusshi was being generous, he would give extra banana cake as a gift to Sungyeol. Remembering this is the last time he could buy Oh ahjusshi's green tea, he would never miss the caramel green tea he loves.
 
 
Sungyeol wait for his green tea very patiently. The longer he waits, the more people were entering the cafe, and now the only remaining table is his table. Not too long, a girl who is approximately 4 years younger than Sungyeol came in and bought the same green tea with Sungyeol, Caramel Green Tea with whipped cream and suji leaf. Sungyeol pay attention to the girl’s gestures. After ordering, the girl look up for table, and because she doesn't meet any empty seat, he came to Sungyeol’s table and ask permission to sit with him as soft as she can.
 
 
Sungyeol smiled, and he allowed the girl to sit next to him. While they’re adjusting their seats, instantly a boy came out from behind the cash register and give two Caramel Green Tea with whipped cream and suji leaf to Sungyeol and the girl.
 
 
"Please enjoy the drink, hyung.” Said him as he smiles.
 
 
"Thank you, what’s your name? Are you Oh ahjusshi’s child?"
 
 
"Yes, my name is Oh Sehun. I'm 11 years old, nice to meet you! How about you, hyung? "
 
 
"I’m 14 years old, 3 years older than you. How old I am."
 
 
"Oppa, are you 14 years old? I’m 10 years old!" The girl replied happily and come talk with Sungyeol and Sehun.
 
 
"You're so young, are you born in 1995?" asked Sungyeol friendly.
 
 
"Yes oppa, Kim Namjoo is my name. I'm in my 4th grade elementary school."
 
 
"I'm a 5th grade elementary school, and I'm also your oppa, Namjoo-ssi. I was born in 1994. " reply Sehun kindly while tidy up things on the table. He sits
beside Sungyeol and try to talk comfortably with both of them.
 
 
"Oh my god, you are my dongsaengs!  Greetings, my name is Lee Sungyeol. Be a good person when you grow up." Sungyeol give advice like a brother.
 
 
Not unexpectedly, Sungyeol got a lot of new friends just by purchasing a glass of green tea.
 
 
-----
 
 
After talking a lot with Sehun and Namjoo, Namjoo decided to come home with Sungyeol because their house has the same direction.
 
 
"Namjoo-ssi, what do you want to be when you grow up? " Sungyeol opened their conversation.
 
 
Namjoo looked at the sky as she said, "I want to be like eomma."
 
 
"What does your eomma do?"
 
 
"The owner of the orphanage."
 
 
"Why would you like to be your eomma?"
 
 
"Eomma understand the feelings of children who lost their parents, eomma easily connect her heart with the hearts of the children, and eomma is the most patient person in the world when nearly whole dormitory crying out for a meal and can't sleep. She will be the one who can't sleep."
 
 
Sungyeol touched, "What does your appa do?"
 
 
"Appa has been gone since I was a kid. My brother discovered that appa has just died when he returned to home from his football game." Namjoo down her neck to the street while Sungyeol keep silent for a while.
 
 
“Forgive me for asking something I shouldn't know.”
 
 
"It's okay oppa, I'm really excited to share the story to a person as kind as you." Namjoo kicked stones that blocking her way and find Sungyeol stared at him dumbfounded.
 
 
"Why, oppa?"
 
 
"It's okay , I’m just amazed at how strong you are. "
 
 
"It’s okay oppa "
 
 
"If I were you, I'd keep crying until now."
 
 
"Don't be like that. I know you're a strong person too." said Namjoo while encouraging.
 
 
"Namjoo-ssi, it looks like my parents were going to adopt a child. Can you take me to the orphanage that belongs to your mother?" Sungyeol asked
politely .
 
 
"Yes, how about today? Today eomma was there."
 
 
"All right. By the way, what is the name of your brother?"
 
 
"Kim Myungsoo, he is a year younger than oppa."
 
 
"Oh yeah? Am I more handsome than him?" Sungyeol laughs.
 
 
"Hahaha oppa, obviously, my brother. His sister was just as beautiful as I am.”
 
 
Namjoo put out her tongue and returned by a small laughter.
 
 
"Well then, your house’s right there right? 5 o'clock this afternoon, I’ll come, okay?" Sungyeol said, waving his hand towards Namjoo who waved to him as well.
 
 
-----
 
 
"Eomma!" Little Sungyeol shouts as soon as he arrives at his home while Sungyeol’s eomma is grilling the bread in the kitchen.
 
 
"Yes?"
 
 
"Sungyeol make new friends while visiting Oh ahjusshi’s cafe!"
 
 
"Oh yeah? What's the name?"
 
 
"Kim Namjoo. She is a very good kid, unfortunately she’s 4 years younger than me. And she's a girl with cute hair cut."
 
 
"Wow, eomma’s kid are growing now." Sungyeol’s eomma .
 
 
"Eomma! It’s not something that Sungyeol want to talk about." Sungyeol cheeks flushed. "Namjoo’s eomma is the manager of the orphanage, whether this might be a good time to get Sungyeol a sister?"
 
 
Sungyeol’s eomma is surprised over what Sungyeol said to her. "Really? When can eomma go to the orphanage?”
 
 
"Now! Ah, exactly 5 PM, Sungyeol had promised Namjoo to come to her house and bring eomma. Eomma should quickly change clothes!"
 
 
"Okay, but appa was not at home."
 
 
"Sungyeol can borrowed eomma’s  phone and called appa while saying where the orphanage address is." respond Sungyeol as he took eomma’s phone on top of the table, located next to the ashtray of cigarettes.
 
 
Sungyeol’s eomma nodded, then continue grilling the bread that seemed almost singed since forgotten to be lifted .
 
 
 
-----
 
 
 
"Namjoo-ssi!" Cheerful little Sungyeol shouted, knocking on her door. Namjoo opened the door with a cheerful expression then immediately locked her door.
 
 
"Sungyeol’s eomma, let me introduce myself. I'm Kim Namjoo." Namjoo said politely to Sungyeol’s eomma.
 
 
Sungyeol's eomma respect back to Namjoo and smiled.
 
 
"Come on! I'll guide you to the orphanage. Fortunately, now she's there. This morning she received several phone which seems to indicate that someone wants to adopt children from her orphanage." explain Namjoo happily.
 
 
Sungyeol and Sungyeol’s eomma nodded as they followed Namjoo.
 
 
When they got there, Namjoo went into a room and call a female with horse ponytail hair. The woman invited Sungyeol and Sungyeol’s eomma in. Inside the room, they started a conversation.
 
 
"Good afternoon mother. We of Gyeonggi orphanage receiving children adoption and child care. How may I help you?"
 
 
"Good afternoon. My name is Lee Joohee. I am Sungyeol’s eomma. Sungyeol is Namjoo’s friend. I want to adopt a child with a woman criterion, kind, talented in acting, clever, beautiful, not spoiled, and had a firm but gentle personality."
 
 
"Oh! Hello, Joohee-ssi. My name is Kim Yoonjae, Namjoo’s eomma. All right, I'll find some of my children which has the same criteria as you said. By the way, is your child a 10 years old kid like Namjoo?" Namjoo’s eomma asked politely.
 
 
"No, Sungyeol was 14 years old. He told me that they both met when buying a glass of green tea. Yes, they are so cute right?" Sungyeol's eomma laughing, followed by the same laughter.
 
 
"That's right, Yoonjae-ssi. Wait for a second, alright? I’ll search their identity first."
 
 
Namjoo’s eomma walk from her chair toward a small drawer with some plants on it. He opened the top drawer and took a large file containing important documents. Then, she sat back down in front of Sungyeol’s eomma while still directing views towards the important files.
 
 
"Hmm ... there are few that matches your criteria. They are Yoon Sohee, Park Yura, Kim Taeyeon, Bae Suzy and Lee Sunkyu. "
 
 
"May I see the children?"
 
 
"Yes you may. Let me call them first."
 
 
Namjoo’s eomma went out of the room about 6 minutes and then returned with 5 different girls that absolutely very pretty.
 
 
"This is it! Girls, this is Joohee ahjumma, and this Sungyeol. One of you will be taken home by them." Eomma Namjoo said kindly.
 
 
They are quiet and nod respectfully to Sungyeol's eomma.
 
 
“Introduce yourselves to them, please.” Namjoo’s eomma let them speak.
 
 
"Good afternoon. I’m Yoon Sohee."
 
 
"I’m Park Yura."
 
 
"My name is Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you."
 
 
"Good afternoon, my name is Lee Sunkyu. Our meeting is a bless."
 
 
"Go... Good afternoon! I'm Suzy... Bae Suzy! I am glad to meet you. "
 
 
The fifth child was smiling friendly to Sungyeol and his mother. And somehow, Sungyeol 's eomma choose the girl called Bae Suzy, which Sungyeol didn't understand why in the world his eomma choose the fifth girl without any specific reason.
 
 
Sungyeol wass so happy. He finally got a very beautiful sister. He shouted out to and fro without shame. After that, they said goodbye to Namjoo’s family.
 
 
"Namjoo-ah , thank you for taking me to a place that can give me a sister. I really, really wanted to have a sister." Little Sungyeol laughs as he repeated what he says.
 
 
"You're welcome. Until we meet again Sungyeol oppa. Frequently play to my house. I'll treat you some good foods that I made. We will be good friends forever!" Little Namjoo ran and hugged Sungyeol suddenly.
 
 
Sungyeol stunned, until finally he hugged back Namjoo who'd been on his. He felt warm, and guilty as well.
 
 
“But, Namjoo-ah. It seems I can’t play anymore. Appa's job moved to Seoul, so I had to join my father. I'm so sorry." pouted Sungyeol.
 
 
Namjoo, still in a hugging position, replied, "it's okay. But please continue to remember me, my name, my character. Remember that before we were friends, even though I know we just met less than a day. Maybe in the future we'll meet again. Who knows, right? I love Sungyeol oppa. You're so nice."
 
 
Sungyeol back stunned listening to words from Namjoo’s small mouth. Sungyeol nodded resignedly as he shed a little tear and then pulled back Namjoo who seem to not want to release the hug.
 
 
"I ... I love you too, Namjoo-ah." Sungyeol rubbed Namjoo’s head and that's when the tears come falling for Namjoo.
 
 
"I remember, people say, if you want to split up, don’t ever look back. The more you look, the more you don’t want to let go of someone you leave. So I should go, or you can’t let me go." little Sungyeol’s tears start to falling increasingly heavy.
 
 
Namjoo nodded. "Yes oppa. Oh, hold on, before you go," Namjoo ran to his room and brought a small cardboard box containing her child toys.
 
 
"I have a barbie, she’s very pretty. I wish when you grow, you will get a girlfriend as beautiful as this barbie. Keep this barbie as a keepsake from me, would you?" Said Namjoo while rummaging through the boxes and pulled out a blonde Barbie doll.
 
 
"Is it okay if I keep it ? I could be the most irresponsible person in the world ."
 
 
"It's okay, think of it as a keepsake from me. Maybe the Barbie will bring many memories between you and I. And I'm sure she would be happier when oppa take care of it. Take good care of it okay?" said Namjoo as she brought the doll to Sungyeol’s hands.
 
 
"Alright oppa , Namjoo had to go back to help eomma. Hopefully oppa will be happy with the new sister, and don’t ever forget Namjoo! Who knows in the future we see each other again." Smiled Namjoo.
 
 
Sungyeol not bear to see Namjoo’s last smile so automaticly he turned around and walked away.
 
 
That was the last time Sungyeol ever saw and remember his little friend.