518400

777600

518400; 여섯 째 심야영화

day six: one hundred forty four hours: eight thousand sixty hundred forty minutes: five hundred eighteen thousand four hundred seconds.

 

Saturday; today marked day six of our relationship.

Almost like a bounding boulder chasing after our steps, the dates seemed to almost fly at us. Our hours together felt so little and small. And only during hours like this, I wished I’d asked him years earlier.

Waking up in the morning, I cringed hard at the sunlight hitting me, kicking in the general direction my sister would be, pulling up the shades with a laugh. She’d always found it amusing how I’d whine and in the mornings. The only reason she could still laugh, was because I’d never landed a proper kick to her face yet (I was a man, I didn’t believe in hitting girls, thank you).

Oppa, your boy toy came by earlier.”

I gave her a dumbstruck look, one much deserved for a prat like her. “And you didn’t wake me because?”

“I tried, but you tried to kick me. So I told him that you don’t want to see him anymore.”

I lunged at her. Girl or not, she deserved a good whack upside the face. I hope she realized all the wrong she’d done today (and the day had only just barely started). I knew I should have convinced my mom to get an abortion when she was pregnant with the little devil. I’d warned her that the thing would be satan re-incarnated.

Just as I’d grabbed at her, Hyuna gave an obnoxious screech, running for our mother. If mom wasn’t around to protect the undeserving brat, I’d kill her.

“Hello?” Yongguk’s voice was scratchy against the line when I’d punched the digits in, rolling over on my bed with a huff. Almost as if he’d just woke up.

“Were you asleep?”

There was rustling from the other line, indicating his mute nods (knowing clear well I wouldn’t be able to see it, the idiot). And it was in that, I realized that Hyuna had lied. I was going to murder her.

“What’s up?”

Clearing his throat, I should make out the slight groan from the other end, my mental eye telling that Yongguk had finally pushed himself off and out of the sheets. I could practically see him shivering against the cold of the winter morning, pulling back the sheets to his chin, huddling the thick fabric over and around his back. Like a little kid unwilling to get up.

“Nothing, Hyuna decided to pull a prank on me.”

Yongguk laughed, his low chuckle making me laugh in return.

His laugh was contagious.

An hour into our phone call, I ended the line, excuses of needed to eat breakfast slurring my speech as mom’s yell for me grew in volume. One more minutes and she was sure to barge into my room to drag me out by the ear (which, by the way, was painful beyond imaginations).

“Hey, wait.” I paused, lifting a brow (an action Yongguk couldn’t see from the other end). “Can you spend the weekend with me? Well, the weekend two more days … … you know, just until I have to go.”

He tried to blab out the excuses, stuttering in parts and mumbling in the others, until I stopped him, telling him I really had to go for food before mom killed me. Promising to ask and call back soon as I was done with food, I hung up the line, running to the kitchen before mom got really pissed.

Hyuna seemed to be laughing (or just barely holding it back), amused, as she sat at the dining table, her hands pressed onto her cheeks as she rested on the table with. I shot her a glare and fixed my bed head, climbing into my respective seat.

“I called you five times Himchan,” mom droned, a sharp edge to her usually tranquil tone.

“It’s the break mom, give me a break.”

She glared (Hyuna smirked) and I shut up, looking straight down at my bowl of rice. I had no plans on getting into trouble (and grounded) before I got a chance to ask for leave for the rest of the week (and then some).

“Hey mom?” Clearing the table, I cleared my throat with the last plate handed to my mom, “Can I, maybe, sleep over at a friend’s place?”

“Who?”

“Yongguk.”

The frown that had initially drawn at my request quickly cleared up with Yongguk’s name. Mom liked Yongguk; Yongguk was smart and polite (or at least to mom’s eyes). “Sure honey. Be back by ten on Sunday, alright?”

“Er,” I looked down here, biting at my lip. About that. “Can I stay until Monday?”

The plate in her hand dropped, luckily not crashing into a million pieces from the fall. Her eyes, following the plate, fell on me, slowly narrowing in disapproval.

“Oh come on mom. I’m not five. Promise we won’t do anything stupid. Plus, he’s leaving. You know that. I won’t be able to see him for forever. And he’s in his house alone. Natasha noona and Yongnam ditched him for their friends and his parents are in the States early to oversee to their new house. Please mom?”

There was a small fight of will, a silent one, between mom and me.

Only minutes later, as the water built up to poke at her gloved finger tips, did she give in, sighing with a final answer. I stayed, only just barely long enough to hear her warning to be careful and call every night.

Yeah right.

“Sheesh, it’s like a ghost house in here.”

Yongguk’s place, as it turned out, was more empty than I’d last remembered it. With just days until their move, it was obvious the furniture had been loaded out, leaving only just the bare minimum that were going to be placed in the trash upon their leave.

Sheesh, how the hell did Yongguk stay sane in this place alone for so long?

His smile was sheepish as he wound his arms around my shoulder, giving a light shrug to my accusation. “It’s not that bad. I still have my bed and a tv. Mom said we’re buying new ones in our new house.”

That wasn’t enough though.

“And let me guess, you’re living off of instant noodles?”

Another sheepish look.

I rolled my eyes, dropping my packed bag and taking his hand firmly in mine. “That’s it, we’re going to feed you something more legit.” Because as much as Yongguk liked his instant noodles (whether they were from the cup or package), they weren’t nearly enough for a big boy like Yongguk.

We went to the supermarket, buying only just the necessary items and loading it into the cart before hightailing it back through the winter gust and into Yongguk’s cold but warm - does that even make any sense - house. Lucky for us, Yongguk’s mom had thought to leave her son with enough pots and pans to survive a nice dinner.

And lucky for him, I knew how to cook. At least, better than Yongguk anyways.

Frying fish and boiling up a nice Miso soup (Yongguk was in charge of making rice and watching by as I rampaged around the kitchen), we had our dinner standing up, poking each other and laughing every few minutes between chews and swallows. It took us a good hour and completely gone cold soup to finish our meal.

“Wanna go watch a movie?”

Doing the dishes, Yongguk’s arms wrapped around my waist, pressing his face into my shoulder with a hum. (For a second, it almost felt as if we were married; an old married couple.)

“It’s late,” I drawled back, trying my best to ignore the small huffs of breath ghosting against my ear, the kisses down the side of my neck.

“A late night movie. The last showing. I’ve always wanted to watch the last show with my date.”

And who could say no to that?

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

a/n: these are fun. really. even without your date. i went to watch movies with my friends often. really late at night. the last showings are always most fun. especially after the movie is over, when you have to dig yourself through the maze of the closed building, trying to find a still open exit before they lock the building up for the night. lol. esp when the public transportations are cut and you have to sleep at the nearest sauna.

again not a favorite chapter of mine. i’m getting lazy with my chapters. i’m almost dreading the coming of the next few chapters. don’t go yongguk ;AA ;// we have four more chapters. meaning there's ten chapters total. we're over halfway through.

it’s depressing, cause i remember my last days in the states.

ps. there's a crying baby outside my room. i want to punch it. i mean. wot. you didn't hear read that.

word count: 1359