5 months Later...

Rapunzel, Hizaki...

    Zin sighed as he finished up his work for the day. Kamijo was being extra hard on him since Tsunehito quit and it hadn’t even been that long. He couldn’t wait for the day he became more than a paralegal. He was getting tired of doing anything and everything that Kamijo didn’t want to do.

 

    “Come on! Hurry up so we can get home! Tetsuya and Wataru are waiting for us! You need this more than all the rest of us do!” Hyde cried coming up to Zin’s desk as he was packing up.

 

    Zin shook his head and chuckled. “You think I don’t know that? I hate that Kamijo’s my boss. He’s ok outside of work, or he was, but now that Tsunehito is gone… I don’t even want to know what happened there.” Zin sighed making sure everything eas packed up and ready to go.

 

    “Does it matter? We’re going camping. We should only have to worry about surviving in the wilderness not whatever Kamijo wants you to do.” Hyde cried pulling on Zin’s arm.

 

    Zin chuckled and let the older definitely acted like he was the younger man. “You’re right it will be. Do we have enough food and will I need my ear plugs for the night?” Zin joked happy to be back with his friends after the week he had had.

 

    “Hey! I’m insulted! Do you really think Tetsu and I would be so insensitive that we’d have when we should be spending time with our friends!”

 

    “Yes, Hyde, because I know you, I know Tetsuya and I know how you feel about each other. You wouldn’t be able to keep your hands off each other if I paid you.” Zin replied smiling again at the older man. “It doesn’t mean either of you love us any less and we know that.”

 

    Hyde looked down avoiding his friend’s eye. “We do love you guys. I’ll do my best to keep quiet.”

 

    Zin busted out laughing at that and the bashful look on his face. “I’m sure that will. In any case it’s probably a smart idea to invest in some earplugs this trip.”

 

    “Well if you want to… I won’t stop you. As long as you are prepared.”

 

    “I’m sure it will be fine… maybe we can even take a walk…”

 

     “How did you get Soshi to come with us? I thought he was busy writing his next masterpiece,” Zin asked.

 

     Wataru laughed and shook his head at the paralegal. “Writers need breaks too. He’s been getting stressed out about the book so I invited him along. One more person to distract us from what Tetsu and Hyde will be doing all night.”
 

     “Hey! You guys make it sound like all we do is have !” Hyde cried pouting in front of the two younger men.

    

     “It’s ok baby, they’re just jealous because they don’t get any and you get some on a regular basis,” Tetsuya told him pulling the younger man to him.

 

     Wataru snorted, “I get it plenty maybe not the way Hyde does…”

    

     “Are we going to set up our tents or are we planning on watching the super sweetness of Tetsuya and Hyde?” Tomo asked getting out of his car surprising Zin with his appearance.

 

     “I didn’t know you were going to grace us with your presence,” Zin said.

  

     “Am I not allowed?”

  

     “It’s just a surprise, a very pleasant one. You’re right we should set up here,” Soshi called from his spot in a clearing not far from the cars. He was glad they had the idea to take this trip. Everything had been piling up for all of them.

 

     “Ok you two, you can make out when we’re finished setting up,” Zin told them causing the oldest two to pull apart and look bashful.

 

     Tetsuya pulled himself away from his lover and pulled out their tent making his way to Soshi. Hyde ran after him not wanting the younger men to anymore though he was sure they would be doing that again later. He was only buying time.

 

     Zin pulled out his own tent along with Soshi’s and followed after Tetsuya and Hyde with Wataru and Tomo close behind him. “This is a great spot Soshi. Here’s your tent. So are we eating from the cooler tonight or did you want to go fishing?” he asked the group.

 

     “Why don’t we set up the tents first then go for firewood,” Tetsuya told him.

 

     Zin nodded knowing that was wise. It didn’t take them too long to set up their tents. Tomo, Zin, and Wataru went through the woods to get wood for the fire. Zin was so ready to eat and rest after the day he had had doing whatever Kamijo wanted him to do. They had gone separate ways to get firewood and Zin was just happy to have a little alone time.

 

     He had had so much to do lately it had ben work, home, more work, eat sleep on repeat. He hadn’t had any time to spend with his friends or just with himself. He was looking forward to spending the night in the tent with Wataru just catching up. He made his way further from the camp when he heard a sound… laughter maybe?

 

     He stopped in his tracks and looked in the woods around him. Where could that sound have come from? He turned back towards where the others were camped out but he couldn’t see any of them. He shook his head and bent over to pick up some more wood when he thought his backside brushed up against something. He stood up and turned his head…. There’s nothing back there!”

 

     “Teru!”

      Zin looked up and cursed when he felt his head knock against something. He felt it give briefly and turned bringing his hand to the back of his head. What he saw before his eyes shocked and amazed him.

 

     Where before there had been nothing suddenly became so much more… Before him now stood a large tower made of stone. It was like nothing he had ever seen before. He looked up amazed at the height and the width there must be so much inside that tower. At the top he could see what appeared to be a beautiful maiden. He stepped back further and was surprised when his eyes met the beautiful beings. He saw the surprised expression and watched as she said something to someone Zin could not see.

    

     “Hello!” He called after a few moments.

 

     “Umm… Hello?” he heard a call from the tower above him he thought the voice sounded too deep to be a woman.

 

     “Are you alone in tis tower?”
 

     “Um… no…” He heard.

 

     “What are you doing up there?”

 

     “I’ve always been here… what are you doing down there?”

 

     “Looking for firewood.”

 

     “Why would you need wood?”
 

     “For the fire, I’m with my friends and we’ll need a fire to keep us warm at night.”

 

     “Is there something wrong with your house?” He heard the other ask.

 

     “No… we’re staying outside… camping in the woods.”

 

     “Outside? Camping? I’ve never been camping… Is it fun?”

 

     “Why don’t you join us? We love meeting new people.”

 

     “Oh no… I don’t go outside. My father would never allow it.”

 

     “Your father doesn’t let you go outside? Why not?”

 

     “Hizaki, what are you doing?”

 

     “Nothing, Teru,” he replied and motioned for Zin to go.

  

     “But!” Zin just received a look from the other and turned with his wood in his arms hurrying back to camp.

 

     “Were you talking to someone just now? Is that why you sent me away?” Teru inquired.

 

     “Who could I be talking to? I only know you and Masashi… and of course father… and Mana…” Hizaki said the last name quietly.

 

     “You know you can tell me anything, mistress. I may be afraid of the master but I would never betray you. Your needs come before all others.”

 

     “What is camping, Teru?”

 

     “Something people do in the woods. They bring sleeping bags and tents sometimes and sleep in the woods. They sit around a fire and roast fish and s’mores and just enjoy the outdoors.”

 

     “They just enjoy being outside? I want to do that! It sounds magical. No doors to keep you in or roofs to keep you from seeing the stars…”

 

     “Maybe you can ask your father about it on his next visit.”
 

      “I don’t know when he’s going to visit. I should just call him! Doesn’t my computer have video chat? Teru will you call my father for me?”

 

     Teru signed and called in Masashi to set everything up for him when that was done he did his best to make contact with Hizaki’s father. He was not surprised when Aoi’s face appeared on the screen.

 

     “Hello, Aoi.”

 

     “Teru, to what do I owe the… pleasure of this call?”

    

     “The mistress would like to speak to his father.”

 

     “He’s a little busy right now can it wait?”

 

     “Hey, Aoi? It shouldn’t take that long, could you go in and ask him?”

 

     “Yes mistress…” Aoi sighed and moved away from the computer. He could hear the angry noise in the background and a frustrated voice that sounded like his father before his face appeared in front of him.

 

     “What is it, dearest?”

 

     “I was wondering if I could possibly go camping with you during your next visit.”

 

     “Why do you want to go camping? It’s messy and cold and dangerous. Anything could happen in the woods.”

 

     “But father it has been… and I haven’t been able to go outside. Why can’t I go outside anymore? It’s cramped in this room…”
 

     “Dearest, it’s dangerous outside. I just want to make sure you’re safe from people who may want to hurt or even kidnap you. You have everything you could ever want in your room.”

 

     “I don’t have you! Or… I just want to go outside again. Especially with you.”

 

     “We’ll talk about it when I visit you again. In the mean time you need to stay in your room where you are safe. I have to go now, dearest. I love you.”

 

     “Ok father, I love you too…” Hizaki sighed as the call disconnected.

 

     “I’m sorry, Hizaki. Maybe he’ll be thinking about it now.”

 

     “Yeah… father knows best.”

 

~~~*~~~

 

     Zin made his way back to the camp thinking about the beauty he had left behind. He couldn’t fight the smile off his face.

 

     “Someone had a lot of fun in those woods… Did you use your alone time well? Relieve some stress out there by yourself?” Hyde asked the younger man as he reentered the camp.

 

     Zin frowned thinking about what the older man meant. “I only gathered firewood. I didn’t do anything ual.”

 

     “Of course you didn’t, firewood just makes you very happy.”

 

     “Hideto! Leave Zin alone. Thanks for the firewood. Tomo and Wataru haven’t made it back yet.”

   

     “Maybe they’re taking a little extra time to themselves.”

 

     “And you wonder why we so often tease you about .”

 

     Soshi chuckled at the two from his place by Tetsuya. “Seriously you guys we’re here to forget about the fighting. Did you see something special in the woods?”

 

     “Just the beauty of nature. It was nice being out there alone communing with the forest after everything that has happened at work.”

 

     “Did you hear about Tsunehito? He went missing after he quit.”

 

     “No… Kamijo has been giving me so much I haven’t had any time to do anything but work,” Zin told them.

 

     “He was attacked and then disappeared. No one knew where he was. He was fine when he reappeared. He had plastic surgery and was out with his father for a month. Didn’t Kamijo have, a thing for him?” Soshi asked.

 

     “He was pursuing him. He wanted someone to control. Someone that looked good on his arm and did what they were told. Tsunehito was not that person,” Hyde spoke up.

 

     “I guess we know why he’s been piling the work on me.”
 

     “Hard for him to work when he was trying to get into Tsunehito’s .”

 

     “Hyde, I’m sure he doesn’t wear . He is a man after all.”

 

     “Well actually…”

 

     “Hideto!”

 

     “I hate it when you call me that!”

 

     “Then maybe you should behave around the young ones.”

 

     Hyde sighed and pouted as his lover ignored him, “I’m sure that everything will lighten up soon. Don’t let Kamijo bring you down.”

    

     “He’s had a stressful time too it sounds like.”

 

     “Hey guys. Here’s the wood you sent me out for.”

 

     “What took you so long? Did you take a nap?”

 

     “I may have gotten a little lost…” Tomo said bashfully.

 

     “How did you get lost?” Hyde asked.

 

     “The woods are big! And I saw an animal… it led me further away… I’m not proud of it.” 

 

     “Oh you children, why did you guys go so far away from the camp?”

 

     “I didn’t go very far.” Wataru told them walking toward his friends with his arms full of wood.

 

     “Then what took you so long?” Hyde asked.

 

     “I was doing what you sent me out for, collecting wood.” Watrau said ignoring any implication the older man was making.

 

    “And we appreciate you doing that with the other two.” Tetsuya answered.

 

    “At least someone was taking it seriously.” Hyde snorted.

 

   “What was that?” Zin asked throwing one of the smaller pieces he had brought with him.

 

   “Nothing, lovely. Just as long as you made it back.” Hyde replied sweetly hiding behind his lover from the stick thrown.