A prank and a new pet...

Rapunzel, Hizaki...

Another wonderful meal, the mistress sends her regards,” Masashi told the man as he walked into the kitchen with the empty tray.

 

     “Of course it was, I made it,” Takanori told him as he went to work on dinner. “How is he doing today?”

 

     “Not too bad, he’s still been trying to get his father to take him camping,” Masashi told him setting the tray down for the cook.

 

     “Has Teru figured out why he wants to do that so suddenly?” Takanori asked setting his preparation down and moving the dirty dishes into the sink.

 

     “Not really, I’m almost positive someone was here the other day, but something happened to the camera, it looked like something ate through one of the wires.”

 

     “That’s strange. What are you going to tell Master Kozi?” Takanori asked before making his way back to his dinner preparations.

  

     “I don’t know. I’m not even sure someone was out there. If he asks then I’ll tell the truth. I know better than to lie to Master Kozi,” Masashi responded as he started on the dishes. “I need to fix it as soon as possible so I’ll have to go back into town when I’m done here.”

 

     “Just make sure to let Teru know if you plan to be gone past dinner. Someone will have to bring the mistress her meal,” Takanori told him. “I’m not fit to be in the mistress’ presence.”

 

     “I’ll let him know. You’re not unfit you know.”

  

     “It doesn’t matter. I shall continue to watch over him from afar,” Takanori sighed working on his mistress’ next meal.

 

     “Maybe when the mistress is allowed to leave her room again she’ll be able to meet you. I know she hates it every time she isn’t able to tell you how much she loves every meal you’ve made for her.”

  

     “We do what we can. Now hurry and do the dishes so you can fix that cable,” Takanori told him.

~~~*~~~

    

     “Did you see Kamijo’s face yesterday? I was certain his head would explode!”

 

     “Hyde you have to stop pranking Kamijo like that. He’s going to find out it’s you and he could have you fired.”

    

     Hyde snorted at Zin’s words. “The boss loves me! I’m good for business, he wouldn’t fire me, and anyway how is he going to find out? No one saw it happen so the only one he knows it was me is you. Are you going to tell him? He’s not your best friend. The last time I checked that title belonged to me!”

 

     Zin chuckled, “I don’t know, Wataru has been working really hard to take your place.”
 

     “What! He can’t take my place he needs to take a step back because that is my place! He can be Soshi’s best friend!” Hyde responded indignantly.

 

     Zin shook his head at the older man. “I’m not going to tell him anything. The work is finally letting up. I wouldn’t want to jeopardize that in any way. If he knew that I was aware of your plans and did nothing to stop it who knows what he would do.”

 

     “I wouldn’t want that. Other than that camp out I haven’t had any time with my best friend! I’ve been so lonely without you!” Hyde cried taking a hold of the younger man’s arm.

    

     “I highly doubt you were lonely aren’t you practically glued to your boyfriend when you’re at home?”

 

     “No! We are not glued together, that would be uncomfortable and weird. Tetsuya works long hours! I get lonely plenty!” Hyde objected.

 

     “If you say so, you must reserve that for when we’re at your house?” Zin asked.

 

     “You’re just jealous.”

 

     “Of course, because I’ve always secretly been in love with Tetsuya,” Zin told him.

 

     Hyde huffed and folded his arms. “Well you can’t have him because he’s mine!” He told the younger man.

 

     “That’s because we haven’t found the time to tell you when we’re running away,” Zin chuckled as the sour look on his friend grew.

 

     “Tetsuya wouldn’t leave me for you, you look like porcelain and I’m his kitten.”

 

     Zin sighed, “I’m not breakable, I can be pretty wild as well.”

 

     Hyde chuckled. “I know you can. So what are your plans for the weekend,” Hyde asked. It was the first weekend where Zin wouldn’t have a mountain of work to take home with him.

   

     “I still have some work to finish.”

 

     “Forget that come shopping with me,” Hyde asked his friend.

 

     “Shopping? But…”

 

     “I won’t take no for an answer. Come shopping with me and then we can do whatever you would like.”

~~~*~~~

    

     Hizaki sighed as he signed off the computer after another failed attempt to get his father to take him camping. He absolutely could not come to the tower no matter what Hizaki tried. He wondered what his father was doing to keep him from his daughter.

 

     Teru came into the room with Masashi behind him. “No luck again?” Teru asked following his lady back to his perch by the window.

 

     “No,” Hizaki sighed. “He’s got too much to do he says. I don’t know why I thought he may consider. If I had known I would be stuck in this room I would have done more. I would have paid more attention during my lessons with Mo-Mana. I…”

 

     “Mistress perhaps you should start painting again. It will take your mind off of things like camping. I’m sure the Master will be pleased,” Teru suggested just wanting to see his mistress smile again.

 

     Hizaki turned to Teru skeptically. “I don’t know Teru… ever since Mana left I’m just not in the mood to paint. Father never really seemed to care about my paintings…”

 

     “He loved them Mistress.”

 

     “I don’t even have the materials anymore…”

 

     “Masashi can always go out and get you more. He has to make a trip to the city anyway.”

 

     Hizaki turned to look at the taller man, “Would you mind Masashi? I wouldn’t want to take you out of your way.”

     “If it pleases the mistress of course I wouldn’t mind, it’s not out of the way at all,” Masashi replied finishing his work at the computer. “Is there anything else you would like?”

 

     “No… I think just the art supplies for now,” Hizaki told the older man. “Thank you Masashi. Take as long as you need. You deserve a break.”

 

     Masashi nodded though he wouldn’t be taking any more time than he needed to. He could rest in his room. “I’ll be back as soon as I can Mistress,” he said before exiting the room.

 

     “I’m pleased you’re going to start painting again. Mana wouldn’t want you to wallow and miss him forever.”

 

     “I know. He’d probably be mad at me. I need to stop being sad and focusing on missing him. He’s not coming back and at least I have you.”

 

     “Masashi, Takanori and I will never abandon you.”

    

     Hizaki smiled up at the older man. “I know,” he whispered before a sound pulled him away from the conversation, something he’d never heard before.

 

     “Meow!” Whatever it was sounded, distressed?

 

     “Teru, what was that?”

 

     “A cat, Mistress…”
 

     “Do they always sound like that? It sounds like it’s in pain.”

 

     “I’ll go and see what’s happening Mistress,” Teru replied and ran out the door and down the stairs as quickly as his skirt would allow. He was quick to make his way outside of the tower and on his way to the sound of the meowing. He gasped at the sight of two bigger cats picking on a smaller one. One turned it’s head at the sound and nudged the one that seemed to have a pink tint. They started running leaving the smaller one crying against the tower.

 

     “Oh you poor baby!” Teru called and made his way slowly to the little kitten.

 

     “I’m here to help you…” Teru felt ridiculous talking to a cat, but it seemed to make the little animal relax a little. Teru moved closer to the animal and moved to pick it up slowly. He winced when he heard a cry and hurried inside the castle and up the stairs while being mindful of the animal in his arms. He made his way into the room his Mistress resided in.

 

     “Teru, what was it?” Hizaki asked turning towards the door. “What is… is that a cat? What happened to it?”

 

     “I found it outside the tower. There were two bigger cats. One was orange and the other looked pink… weird color for a cat. I think it’s hurt…”

     Hizaki stood up at that and made his way over to his lady in waiting. “Oh dear! It was being bullied? We have to help it!” Hizaki cried.

  

     “Here, Mistress, take it and I’ll go tell Masashi and fetch bandages,” Teru handed the kitten to Hizaki leaving his mistress no time to object.

 

     Hizaki was at a loss. He had never held another living creature like this. He smiled at the kitten and walked over to his bed carrying the kitten carefully. “Teru will get everything we need and then we’ll clean whatever wounds you have. We’ll take good care of you.”

 

~~~*~~~

     “You brought a cat into the tower? Are you sure that was a good idea? You know what the master is like. What if he hates the idea of the mistress with a pet?”

 

     “Then we won’t tell him.”

 

     “Teru you know that won’t work either. He’ll find out. He always finds out… If he knew you were even thinking…” Masashi shook his head. “I will talk to the master. I will tell him you are caring for it and inform him that it would be a good idea to give the mistress a pet. She needs something more than us… Something that won’t leave her.”

 

      “We won’t leave our mistress, but yes you’re right. It would be best if she was there with you. The master finds it harder to say no to his little girl,” Teru told the older man.

 

     “Yes of course. I’ll call him later today.”

 

     Teru smiled at the older man before he moved into the kitchen.

 

     “Takanori, do you have the first aid kit in here?”

 

     “Why, what happened? Is the mistress hurt?” Takanori asked almost panicked.

 

     “Don’t worry it’s not the mistress. She’s fine. I found an injured cat outside. We need to treat it’s wounds.”

 

     “You brought a cat into the house?”

 

     “I’ve already talked to Masashi don’t worry. We’ll tell the master. I wouldn’t jeopardize the mistress like that.”

 

     Takanori nodded and retrieved the first aid kit. “Make sure to remember what you’ve used so you can tell Masashi and he can restock it.”

 

     “I will. Thank you, Takanori. You know…”

 

     “Go and help the mistress. Teru we can speak later. I have a meal to prepare."