Surprises

What's Happening To Me?

Previously on, "What's Happening to Me?" :

Junhyung heaved a sigh, "Just because you didn't have the courage to apologize to Kikwang doesn't mean you can vent it out at me. Yeah, since I apologized to him I got to really talk to him and he's a really cute and funny guy. We became friends just like that and I can tell that he was really happy too. Also, yeah it was my fault that I started the whole laughing incident but at least I got the balls to man up and apologize. Unlike someone who bailed out." With that Junhyung ended the conversation.

Doojoon had never liked picking an argument with Junhyung and this is the reason why. He could never win. Ever.


 Doojoon grasped his phone with so much strength that he could crack his phone. Obviously, the guy wasn't having such a great day. First thing first, his best friend made someone cry and Doojoon felt guilty. Second, Doojoon didn't get to apologize to Kikwang first because Junhyung did. Third, his best friend is friends with Kikwang now and Doojoon still have guilt sitting on him.

Although his conversation with Junhyung ended a while ago, he was still standing on the streets letting guilt eating away at him. Torn between going home or running back to Kikwang's apartment and he was really leaning on the second option.

He puckered up all the courage he had left and made a run back to Kikwang's apartment. Junhyung's words hung on him and his best friend was right. I made a mistake and I need to own up to it and go apologize. Reaching the latter's apartment, Doojoon took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A few seconds have passed and no one had answered the door yet. Feeling more tense, Doojoon knocked again.

"Just a minute." Doojoon sighed in a relief.

The door eventually opened to a surprised Kikwang and all Doojoon could muster was a small awkward wave. "Uhm, hi." Kikwang quirked an eyebrow in confusion, "....Hi?"

"Can we talk?"

Kikwang was still a little surprised by the visit but felt unsure if he wanted to have a chat with the latter. He still felt upset at his Doojoon sunbae but Kikwang wasn't the type to hold grudges. Letting his guard down, "Uh, I guess. Please come in." Kikwang opened the door wider for the latter to enter his home. He directed Doojoon to his living room and offered his sunbae something to drink but the other declined and took a seat on the couch.

Doojoon fidgeted on the couch. He glanced over to Kikwang and instantly looked away when the other turned to him. Feeling the awkward silence fill the room, Doojoon let out a cough to make it lessen. "Sunbae, are you sure you don't want anything to drink?" Doojoon shook his head, "No, really. I just came here to have a talk with you."

Kikwang nodded his head, "Okay. Then, what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to apologize to you. I shouldn't have laughed at you. I'm so sorry and if you don't want to forgive me, that's fine. I'll make it up to you. I promise." Kikwang was starting to blush a little.

"Well, I don't know if I forgive you yet. I'm still a little upset." A pout formed on Kikwang's lips and Doojoon really found that cute and the urge to ruffle the other's hair was very tempting.

"I promise, I will make it up to you. I'm sorry. Really." Doojoon stared into Kikwang's eyes and Kikwang can tell that his sunbae meant it but that doesn't mean he'll forgive him that quick. Kikwang sighed, "I forgive you a little bit for now but I'm still upset about it."

Doojoon's face enlightened as he was happy that Kikwang had forgiven him a little and gave in to his temptation as he tackled Kikwang's hair in a rough hair ruffle. Kikwang winced, "Ah! Stop it. I hate it when people mess with my hair." Doojoon didn't stop his action and it ended up with a battle with Kikwang swatting Doojoon's hands away from his precious hair. At least the room wasn't filled with awkward silence anymore because the only sounds coming out of the apartment was laughters.


The next morning Doojoon was getting ready for school but had gotten up extra early so he had enough time to get to Kikwang's apartment before reaching school. He didn't tell Kikwang that he was coming over in the morning because he had wanted to surprise the latter. Fixing the last bit of stray hair and flattening down his bangs, he was good to go. Reaching for his bag sitting at the study table Doojoon took a glance at the picture of him and Junhyung back in high school that was hanging on the wall. With a double look he noticed a shadow in the corner of the picture. He had to squint his eyes to see it clearly.

"What's this? Is that......Kikwang?"


Kikwang was still in bed. Definitely not a morning person. Always waking up late and rushing to get ready for classes. Believe it or not but Kikwang would always have to set five alarms just so he can finally wake up. So far, Kikwang had snoozed three alarms and is still dead asleep.

*Knock knock*

Kikwang squirmed a little but still did not wake.

*Knock knock again*

Finally one eye opened but he was still dazed and groggy. Kikwang shifted a little and waited to hear if the knockings were coming back.

*Knocking intensifies* "YAH! PABOKWANG! YOU BETTER WAKE UP THIS INSTANT AND OPEN THE DOOR!"

That sure got Kikwang up faster than what five alarms can do. He scurried over to his bedroom door as fast as he can and made a mad dash for his apartment door. Tripping over invisible objects on the floor Kikwang fell two times and it was right in front of the door. Fumbling with the locks it took him a good moment before he was able to release the locks and open the door.

"Yah, pabokwang. Took you long enough. Did your alarms not work?"

Kikwang chuckled, "I was up. I swear. I was in the bathroom." Fingers crossed at the back but his fourth alarm betrayed him as it was ringing at the loudest volume in his room. Kikwang jumped back and ran to clear his alarms. The person at the door let himself in with their luggage tugging behind.

"Pabokwang."

Kikwang came back out of his room. "Yoseobbie, can't you stop calling me that?" Yoseob raised an eyebrow at Kikwang. "No. That's your nickname." Kikwang protested, "But who goes around calling people pabo-pabo?"

"I do."

Kikwang gave up his fight. "What brought you here? And is that a luggage I see behind you?"

Yoseob tried to hide his luggage behind him but the thing was so big that there was no point. Kikwang caught on, "Don't tell me. You had a fight with Dongwoonie." Kikwang crossed his arm questioning his friend.

Yoseob tried to avoid eye contact, "I don't know what you're talking about. I simply came here to visit you for a few days. I missed you and I was worried about your health."

"Do you really need all those clothes for just a few days? Don't lie. You two do this everytime you guys fight. Use my house for hide-outs and make up."

Yoseob scoffed, "Why won't you believe me? I really did come to visit you for a few days." Kikwang still had his suspicion and so he went to grab his phone and dialed a certain person. "Who are you calling, pabokwang?" Kikwang shrugged his shoulders at the latter and slowly backed away. The phone finally connected. "Hello?"

"Dongwoonie!" Kikwang's guest had literally leapt at him in attempt to reach for the phone. Kikwang slightly pushed him away. "Kwanggie, why are you calling me?" Kikwang still pushing his guest away, "Say, are you with your boyfriend?"

"Yoseobbie and I got into a fight. Don't tell me, he's at your apartment?"

Kikwang nodded his head, "Yep. My dear cousin, please come get your boyfriend."

Kikwang can hear Dongwoon sigh through the other side of the phone. "I'll be right there." With that Kikwang ended the phone call and turned back to his friend Yoseob but the latter was glaring at him. "I can't believe you called your cousin on me. I thought you were my best friend."

"I am. I'm resolving your problem with my cousin. Like a best friend should." Kikwang gave a smile.

Yoseob pouted. "That's not fair. You guys are cousin and always gang up on me. It's always blood before friends." Kikwang shook his head in disbelief at his best friend. "You say that but me and you gang up on my precious cousin as well." Kikwang raised his brows at Yoseob to see of his friend had another comeback but there was a knock at the door.

Kikwang turned to the door but Yoseob ran into Kikwang's room to hide. "Woah, Yoseobbie. Dongwoonie got here super fast. He must of knew you would be here already. See, this is why you guys shouldn't take your fights to my apartment." Kikwang opened the door anticipating Dongwoon but was greeted by Junhyung instead. "Morning, Kiki."


Author's Note: Honestly, I don't know when I'll update chapters. It comes and goes. Sorry if you all will feel annoyed that I update and then disappear. It's just been a bit stressful on my end but I really don't like leaving my stories uncomplete. So, up to you all to have patience with me or stop reading. Sorry for all this mess. But I want to thank everyone reading my stories so far. Sorry for the trouble.