Friends

What's Happening To Me?

Previous: Doojoon ran away and Junhyung went back inside Kikwang's apartment.


Junhyung re-entered Kikwang's aparment and took big sips from his cup of punch. Kikwang had chuckled at the action which he earned the look of confusion from the latter. Kikwang pointed at the empty cup, "You must have really needed a drink after that run or you must be out of shape. The run wasn't that far from the campus."

Kikwang had walked back into the kitchen with Junhyung trailing behind him. "I'm not that out of shape. I just haven't worked out in a while." Kikwang just nodded his head not wanting to poke at the subject for it might lead to an argument or in other words; a long conversation with no ending. "Okay, I believe you."

"By the way, who were you calling on the phone outside?"

Junhyung averted his eyes, "Oh, um...It was a buddy of mine at...uhh..my dance club."

Kikwang jumped in excitement, "You dance? You're in a dance club? That's so cool! I have always liked dancing and wanted to join a club but I'm too embarassed to." Kikwang scratched the back of his head to hide his flushed cheeks after confessing that. "You must think its weird, huh? A nerd like me dancing and wanting to join a club." Junhyung shook his head and walked over to Kikwang to give the latter a good shoulder shake, "Look me in the eye." Kikwang did as he was told. "You are not weird for liking something that you want to do. If you truly like dancing then join the club. I rather someone like you with passion to dance to join the club than someone joining just to look cool. You know what? Why don't you join my club?" Kikwang could see the earnestness of Junhyung but he didn't know what to do. I mean, he just met the guy today.

Kikwang turned away, "You don't understand. I'm still super shy even when I broke out of my shell. I still can't brace things confidently." Kikwang had his head hung lowly. He knows that he really likes dancing but he wasn't ready to face other people and expose himself to others. Junhyung ruffled Kikwang's hair, "You don't have to force yourself. Let me help you." Kikwang looked up.

"You'll help me? What do you mean?"

"I'll help you build confidence. I'll help you with Doojoon too." Kikwang flushed at the mention of the latter's name. "I'll be your friend."

Kikwang was taken back. No one had wanted to befriend him before. This was all too new to him and he just really didn't know what to do. Junhyung held out his hand so they could shake on it but Kikwang made no moves. Junhyung had nudged him, "Take my hand. I won't bite." Kikwang chuckled, "I want to but this is all new to me. Someone wanting to be my friend or better yet; someone befriending me first." Junhyung gave out a little chuckle. Oh how he thought the other was just too cute for words but that's a whole different matter. Junhyung grabbed Kikwang's hand and made him shake hands, "Now, I am your friend."

All Kikwang could do was smile. He had made a friend.


Doojoon was still pacing around at the bottom of the stairs. He had no idea what came over him. He was so scared to face Kikwang. He wondered to himself, has he ever hurt someone before? The feeling was eating up at him. How everything unfolded wasn't something that he wanted to happen. Mumbling to himself, "It's all Junhyung's fault." With a slowly rising anger his voice got louder, "And why isn't he coming out of the apartment!?"

The outburst had startled some nearby passerby and some had given him weird looks. Feeling the embarrassment, Doojoon slowly walked off from the apartment. He was still irritated that his best friend was still upstairs while he was downstairs. When it was suppose to be him doing the apologizing but instead he was the coward that never made it up all the way to Kikwang.

Doojoon sulked while heading home.

*Ding Ding*

He pulled out his phone to check his text. His eyes burned red at the name. 'YONG. JUN. HYUNG.'

'Dude, where are you?'

'I'm on my way home. You? Still in the apartment?'

Couple minutes passed and Doojoon was still waiting for a reply. His phone vibrated, 'Sorry, Kikwang told a funny joke. Oh, yeah. I'm still at his apartment. Sure you don't wanna join?'

That moment Doojoon had wanted to slam his phone down on the hard concrete ground. He was getting irritated and had no idea why. He was the first person to meet Kikwang (or he had thought so) but Junhyung is the one that is on good terms (now) with Kikwang. His phone had vibrated again indicating that he had a text.

'Hey, why aren't you answering me? I was only kidding. I just left Kiki's apartment. See ya at home.'

As if Doojoon's eyes couldn't get any bigger; his eyes were bulging at the words of 'Kiki' in the text. I honestly think that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. In an outrage Doojoon dialed Junhyung's number. It took a couple rings but Junhyung finally picked up. "Kiki? What the hell, Jun?"

"Woah, Dooj. Calm down. What's with the rage?" You can literally feel the smirk on Junhyung's face.

"What's with my rage? You are!"

"And why are you blaming me for your rage?"

Doojoon huffed, "When were you and Kikwang so close that you're calling him Kiki?"

Junhyung chuckled (that's what he was angry about). "Don't you dare laugh at me. I'm angry because all this is your fault. If you hadn't mention that memory and started laughing then things would have been different."

There was a pause. "Say something!"

Junhyung heaved a sigh, "Just because you didn't have the courage to apologize to Kikwang doesn't mean you can vent it out at me. Yeah, since I apologized to him I got to really talk to him and he's a really cute and funny guy. We became friends just like that and I can tell that he was really happy too. Also, yeah it was my fault that I started the whole laughing incident but at least I got the balls to man up and apologize. Unlike someone who bailed out." With that Junhyung ended the conversation.

Doojoon had never liked picking an argument with Junhyung and this is the reason why. He could never win. Ever.


Chappie 4!

So sorry for the long wait. Life of a retail worker is not fun but it has its days. Plus, its the holidays and I get pulled away with many things.

Also, my laptop broke down on me and I finally just got a new one. Yay! :D

I know. Sorry for all these Junkwang moments but it was necessary.