Temptations

I fell for a girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

TEMPTATIONS

 

"There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desireable." -Mark Twain

 

 

 

 

[Tiffany>Yul: Yah, Yuri! why don't you just tell them that you're a girl?]

I had to re-think of why I didn’t let Tiffany reveal my real identity. Why did I ask her to lie? I couldn't think of an answer. Maybe I just don't want them to know.

There was a small voice at the back of my head, telling me that the problem with temptation is that you may not get another chance. Much to my dismay, I tend to listen to things like this. Things that I know would cause a trouble later but still listened to it. Problems that I could avoid miles away but refused to.

[Yul>Tiffany: Nah, its just a game, Fany ya]
[Tiffany>Yul: Well don't do anything that will cause a regret, okay?]
[Yul>Tiffany: Got it]

Tiffany: Hey DJ!

Tiffany was refering to Shikshin, also known as Choi Sooyoung.

Shikshin: Request a song?
Tiffany: DBSK - O

I clicked the 'Ready' button, so that the DJ could start the song.
The O song from DBSK was not a hard one, so we got to play without worrying to miss the arrows. We talked as we pressed the arrow keys.

Tiffany: Still living in Seoul?
Shikshin: Yup! Love Seoul! Are you still in Busan? How's your University in there? Is it fun?
Tiffany: Yes I'm still here! I'm majoring in visual design communication, everyday is a hell for me.
Tiffany: the only terms / day that i like is during the final exam
Shikshin: LOL why is that?
Tiffany: because all of my final assignment are finished and submitted? hehehe

I stared at the screen, wondering if I should talk with Gee, the quiet girl beside me.

Yul: Do you live in Seoul as well Yoona?

Shikshin: sounds like a tough life D:
Tiffany: Yul understands my pain everyday T~T

Gee: Yes,

Yul: I see :D


Shikshin: Yul? do you know him in real life?
Tiffany: yes we're like in the same group who hangs out together, you see? 
Tiffany: i see him everyday i'm sick of his face

Yul: What are you majoring in?
Yul: Are you in the same Uni as Shikshin?
Gee: Yes we go to the same University...
Yul: Hehe what's you guy's Uni? Seoul Univ?
Gee: How do you know?
Yul: Lucky guess hahaha
Gee: I didn't know you have 6th sense
Gee: Keke

Why am I grinning now?
Yuri, use your brain. Don't smile over something stupid like this.

Tiffany: someone is ignoring my statement
Yul: I have 8th sense
Gee: keke
Shikshin: And where do you live, Yul? Should we call you Oppa instead?
Yul: Ah, no need to, just speak normally to me. I live in Busan, same as Tiffany.

I was grateful that I did not type 'I live in Busan, the same dorm as your cousin Tiffany.' For a second there I forgot about my disguise as a guy. That could cause an uproar, a boy living in an all girl dorm. Phew.

Tiffany: yul oppa? ohmygosh lol
Tiffany: Oh anyway, don't use a three dots on Yul like this '...' after a sentence.

My eyebrow rose to her sudden statement. Why why why?

Gee: Why?

Yoona, we're kind of connected, aren't we? I smiled sheepishly.

Tiffany: Because he finds it cute and y for someone to write three dots like that

Crap. Tiffany knows too much.

Three of them laughed a lot. There were so many LOL icons on the screen now, they were laughing like mad.
Great, laughing stock in front of new people.

Gee: Ah, I never imagined you'd be this funny, keke

"So you like a funny person?" I really want to say that but I slapped my mind before pressing the ENTER button. Glad I did not do that, or else Tiffany would lecture me for my 'unpleasant behavior'.

Did that sound like flirting? That is not allowed, because I am a girl. And I am not allowed to flirt with other girl. That is just... absurd, right? Even though it was just a silly teasing.

The song ended and I got the first rank, for scoring up the combo and perfect the most among the three of them. Tiffany ranked two, Sooyoung, and then Yoona as the last one. It seemed that she has not trained a lot or played this game for a long time. Of course, her level was still at 15.

How to make her talk more? Does she feel uncomfortable because she was ranked the lowest? Should I try to cheer her up? But would that sound like brag to her? Maybe she doesn't really like the O song. I should try a song that has good rhytm.

Shikshin: So anyone want to request again?

Yul: Koyote - Spark
Shikshin: Yah, I see you have the same taste like Yoona eh? She likes Spark too
Yul: Really? That is good
Tiffany: What good?
Yul: I mean good the taste is not so different
Tiffany: Letsplayletsplayletsplay


Yul: Btw, are you two a close friend?
Shikshin: Yep! We know each other since Senior High, Yul
Shikshin: Oh, and Tippani! You have fb account?
Tiffany: Of course I have! Who didn't have fb these times? only Yul

I wasn't really a fan of facebook, so I didn't consider joining yet. Why are people so obsessed with facebook anyway? Why would I post my pictures to get thumbs up from people?

By the way, does that mean Yoona has an fb account too?
Judging from her words, her sentence, she is not some so-so class kind of a girl. The same goes for Sooyoung too.

Shikshin: Let’s exchange account then! I will PM you after we finished this song

[Tiffany>Yul: Yuri yah, Sunny wants me to go to her room, so I'll be offline after this.]
[Yul>Tiffany: Okay okay]

Tiffany: Girls, I'll be offline after this, ok? Going to my friend's room
Shikshin: You should say 'guys' instead, couz, how could you use 'girls' when there is a boy here, lol
Tiffany: Oh right! I forgot about that, haha

[Tiffany>Yul: Ckckck.]

[Yul>Tiffany: Thanks hahaha]

After that, Fany went offline and headed to Sunny's room. So here I am, with the two of them.

Shikshin: Say, Yul. You go to the same university as my couz?
Yul: yeah haha
Shikshin: I see! Next time we visited Busan, I'll be sure to greet you too then

The 'we' word she used there made my heart jumped. Jumped of some kind of happiness, and from worrying.
What if they found out about the real me? Then I might as well joke about me lying as a guy I think. That still counts as funny and not a crime, right?

Yul: you often go to Busan?
Shikshin: Not yet, but maybe, maybe sometime we'll think about it.
Shikshin: right Yoona?
Gee: Rightt

Shikshin: So what are we going to do now?
Yul: Keep playing
Gee: That guy whispers me again

Very attraction magnet. Fanboys eh? I got the feeling that she somehow-somehow, purposely typed it on normal chats, so that people would know- so that I will know too. Or did she forgot to use whisper and instead typed in normal chats?

Nevermind, it's getting more excited.

Shikshin: What? What did he say??
Gee: He wants to be a couple. How silly
Shikshin: Lol he has not reflected his face on the mirror, huh
Yul: What are you guys talking about?

Honestly, I know what they're talking about, but I just wanted to read her words in my screen.
I'm being silly and so random, I know.

Shikshin: Some random annoying guy, you know, asking this and that
Yul: I see
Shikshin: You see? Our Yoona here got so many fans
Shikshin: well, you should be aware of the situation since you're really famous anyway lol

I got it right.

Gee: Yah, Sooyoung!

Yoona's chat appeared agaaaiiiin.

I think I should be teasing her in order for her to be more comfortable with me. If I didn't ask a question, she wouldn't type a chat to me.

Shikshin: I am talking about reality. We had face lots of trouble because of Yoona's face
Gee: Aigoo
Shikshin: so much trouble to the point of creating a newbie avatar so that people won't recognize her

Ah, I think I could kind of relate to how she felt, because I feel the same as her. I also had to use 'block whisper from people not in my contact list' or else people would be spamming my whispers with requests for MI-CASH. People are so annoying at times.


Gee: My dad's home. Brb sign out

And with that, her avatar disappeared. Just like a genie.

Yul: What happened?
Shikshin: Oh that? She's not allowed to play online games, her father is rather strict
Yul: That is why she went off like that?
Shikshin: You are right!
Yul: That must be hard for her
Shikshin: Totally. She can only play whenever her father is not around, at work, sleeping, etc.
Yul: I'll remember that.
Shikshin: Yaah... Seems like someone IS interested...
Yul: What? No.

My answer was a bit too quick. And my ‘no.’ didn’t seem convincing enough.

Shikshin: LOL. I'm just teasing you

Shikshin: you know, you should stick with us sometimes
Yul: That's my plan, to be honest
Shikshin: nice! Hey I was wondering. Your real name is Yul? Shikshin: Only Yul? Or what?

Crap, just crap. Another lie. This doesn’t feel good.

Yul: Uh, just call me Yul. People used to call me that
Shikshin: alright, if you say so
Shikshin: Shall we go to another room Yul?
Yul: I'll follow you. How long are you gonna stay online?

And where's Yoona? Will she online again?
 

Shikshin: maybe in one hour I'll go offline

Shikshin: Why?
Yul: No, nothing

Okay, I just lied.


Shikshin: Relax dude, Yoona will be online whenever I am online. So you should add me as a friend. That is, if you wanted to stick with us~

Am I really such an open book? I tried to stay calm and cool. I pointed the mouse to where her avatar stood, and clicked the 'Add as friend'. We left the room and waited at the lobby.

Shikshin: Which semester are you?
Yul: Fifth, Soo
Shikshin: Hey you are harassing my name!
Yul: Lol, silly. Okay Sooyoung. Fifth semester. You?
I got a feeling that I could keep up with her, I mean we're good.

Shikshin: Oh Yoona and I didn't pick the same major. Still want to know?
Yul: Stop teasing me in public place

 

I blushed.
 

Shikshin: LOL you make my day! I grinned like mad!

[Shikshin>Yul: Okay, I picked International &

Please log in to read the full chapter