Haven't Met You Yet VI

Haven't Met You Yet

Haven't Met You Yet VI

 

"And some champagne for the lady?" The stranger smiled brightly, the alcoholic drink dangling distastefully between his fingers.
 
Tiffany forced a half smile, politely refusing.
 
"What about some deserts then?" 
 
Tiffany shook her head politely, diverting her eyes towards the floor. His gaze was intense, and if not for the fact that her dad was actually trying to matchmake her, it'd probably border on creepy.
 
She excused herself to the toilet and grabbed her bag. It wouldn't hurt to escape since dinner was over… Right? Tiffany smiled to herself in amusement and disbelief. She wouldn't have done this a couple of months back, much less even thought of it. 
 
And it was all thanks to a certain girl. 
 
"Hello?"
 
Tiffany slipped through the backdoor, her face flushed from the biting cold wind. 
 
"You're here?"
 
Tiffany paused, then giggled. 
 
"Okay, see you." She ended the call, smiling as if all the pink in the world belonged to her.
 
Standing semi-obscured behind a lamppost, Tiffany dug her fingers into her coat and paced around to counter the cold. 
 
"Pany!" A pair of warm arms encircled her waist, giving her a temporary shock. 
 
Tiffany relaxed into the embrace as she realised who it was. "Are you stalking me, ninjayeon?"
 
"Maybe." Taeyeon chuckled, her signature ahjumma chortle slipping in. "I'm kidding, but let's get you out of the cold, okay?"
 
"Mm."
 
"Did you really leave him there though?"
 
"Yep."
 
Taeyeon gasped, her grip slightly loosening. "What happened to my abiding little princess?"
 
"I could go back in if you'd like."
 
Taeyeon did a double take, then tightened her grip. "No!" She exclaimed slightly too loudly.
 
They shuffled quickly towards the waiting car and hopped into the backseat. It was much too cold to do anything, and Taeyeon sure didn't feel like driving tonight. It was… cuddle time!
 
"Pany!" 
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Was he handsome?" Taeyeon frowned, grabbing onto Tiffany's arm.
 
Tiffany paused, thinking for a moment, as a wide smile spread across her face. "Very. More handsome than you are, in any case."
 
Taeyeon gasped, releasing her grip immediately. "Is this a breakup?!" She smiled mischievously then, inching closer towards her unsuspecting target. "Not until I tickle you first!"
 
"Ahhhh TaeTaaaaaeeee!" Tiffany pleaded in between giggling. "Stop being such!" She tried kicking Taeyeon away, only to be attacked with more bubbling energy. "A child!" 
 
Taeyeon stopped in mid motion, finally stopping when she had her arms around Tiffany's waist. "So you're not going to dump me?" 
 
Tiffany tapped Taeyeon's head with her index finger. "Maybe."
 
Taeyeon pecked Tiffany on the cheek then, her puppy orbs staring intently at the girl next to her. "Now?"
 
"I'll think about it." Tiffany hummed, leaning onto Taeyeon. 
 
Taeyeon sulked, her eyes losing their shine. "Fine." She shifted to the other far side of the car and sat stoic, her arms folded.
 
After a few minutes of silence, Tiffany couldn't take it anymore. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, her heart rate quickly increasing as she thought of what she was about to do. She inched closer and closer, then finally mustered the courage to close the distance altogether. She placed a fleeting kiss onto Taeyeon's lips and scooted back to the other side.
 
"Your answer." She managed to choke out, her face burning madly.
 
"So I'm the best?" Taeyeon turned around, trying to suppress her own blush. 
 
Tiffany smiled, reaching out with her right hand. "No, but you're the only possibility."
 
And now I can see every single possibility
 
---
 
"Dad?" 
 
The man sat behind his dark oak table, his hands clasped stoically together. 
 
"… I don't want anymore blind dates."
 
Tiffany slowly slid towards the adjacent chair, falling into place with a soft plop. The room felt colder than usual. 
 
"Stephanie." The man paused, unclasping his hands to place them onto Tiffany's. "I think…" 
 
His voice slowly faded out and his warm hands were clutched onto hers tightly. 
 
"I think you deserve to be happy."
 
"… Dad?" 
 
The man sighed in resignation. "And if she makes you happy, so be it."
 
And someday I know it'll all turn out
 
---
 
Taeyeon scrunched her nose at the salad bowl in front of her. It was so… green. Ugh. She would rather have snacks and ice cream, but here she was, being forced to eat salad for the whole week.
 
"Stupid deal." She muttered underneath her breath.
 
Tiffany quirked an eyebrow. "Excuse you?"
 
"Me?" 
 
"Regretting your decision?" 
 
"What decision?" Taeyeon stared at her girlfriend blankly, confused.  
 
"Seriously, Taeyeon?" 
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
Tiffany raised her voice then, getting up from the dining table. "Just eat your god damn salad, okay?"
 
"What?" 
 
"Yeah, I'm too loud, okay?" Tiffany shoved the chair back into it's original place. "I'm possessive too, but that's just the way I am." 
 
"Fany, what are you talking about?"
 
"Aren't you regretting the deal, the whole damn contract?" 
 
Taeyeon nearly choked onto the piece of tomato she was chewing. "What, no!"
 
"They always do that. They deny it, then slowly… slowly…" Her voice became weaker as her heated gaze faltered. 
 
Taeyeon got up then, stretching her hand towards Tiffany. "Hey, hey. Listen to yourself. How could I ever regret our contract?"
 
Tiffany looked Taeyeon straight in the eyes, inhaling forcefully. "Please don't leave me."
 
"What made you think I meant that?" Taeyeon caressed Tiffany's cheek with her index finger, smiling lovingly. "How could I leave someone like you?" 
 
"That's what they all say, Taeyeon." Her quivering lips formed a thin line, tears sliding silently down her cheeks. 
 
"But they're not me, Fany. I couldn't ever fall out of love with you, much less leave you." Taeyeon laughed, pulling Tiffany into a tight hug. "Besides, how could I not love someone with a nice like yours?"
 
Tiffany cried harder, her body shaking within Taeyeon's embrace.
 
"I hate you." She whispered in-between sobs.
 
"Love you too, Fany."
 
And I'll work to work it out
 
--
 
To be honest, she didn't actually like chocolate mint ice cream. In fact, she didn't like mint at all. But at that time that was the only flavour they didn't have on display and she didn't have any other excuse to talk to that other girl.
 
God, she was cute.
 
Really cute.
 
Tiffany, that was.
 
It had been a year since her tiny white lie, since they had gotten together with that silly contract that she drafted up almost a million times.
 
There had been ups and downs with the occasional flare ups and arguments, but she couldn't deny it had been the best year of her life. She basked in the warm feelings Tiffany gave her, sinking deeper into her fluffy pillow. Glancing over at the girl sleeping next to her, she couldn't help but reach out. 
 
Each time they touched, she would get that electric feeling.
 
Each time the younger girl spoke, she felt a little flutter.
 
Each time they met, it was like the first time all over again.
 
If she could hold on to this moment forever, she would. She took a mental snapshot, taking in the soft features of Tiffany's face and the quiet hum of her shallow breathing. It was so peaceful, so calming. Taeyeon leaned against Tiffany's arm, marvelling at the myriad of feelings the loud girl evoked in her. 
 
It was so irksomely wonderful and she wished for it to never end.
 
"…Tae-?" Tiffany shifted, her eyes fluttering open groggily. 
 
Taeyeon smiled, kissing Tiffany on the forehead. "Morning, sleepyhead."
 
"Were you staring at me sleeping, byuntae?" Tiffany chuckled as she placed her arm over the Taeyeon's smaller frame.
 
"Maybe," Taeyeon laughed in response. "You just ruined what could've been a very romantic moment."
 
"Did I?" Tiffany smirked playfully. "Guess I'm not very good at being romantic then."
 
"You're good at-" 
 
Tiffany sealed her lips with a kiss, smiling at the contact. "Everything, TaeTae, I'm good at everything."
 
"Hmm."
 
 
Promise you, kid, I'll give more than I get
Than I get, than I get, than I get
Oh, you know it'll all turn out
 
---