Haven't Met You Yet V

Haven't Met You Yet

Haven't Met You Yet V

 

The moon glimmered in the night sky and sparse clouds drifted by as they were lulled along by the gentle breeze. The sound of heels clicking against the metal rails were drowned out by the incessant chatter of practical banter. 
 
Tiffany was feeling frustrated. It had been a long day and all she wanted was to collapse onto her fluffy white bed to sleep. Her dad had dragged her to some lame business meeting again, supposedly under the guise of networking, but she knew he meant for her to get to know some "potentials". 
 
It annoyed her, and above all it upset her that her dad hadn't thought about the relationship was already in. She sighed, the exhalation of air futile in releasing pent up irritation. 
 
"Hey," 
 
Tiffany flicked her wrist in displeasure, dismissing the foreign voice. 
 
"Ouch, Fany-ah." 
 
Tiffany averted her gaze from the night sky onto the shorter girl next to her. "T-TaeTae!" 
 
Taeyeon chuckled, then joined her hands with Tiffany's cold ones. "You can't recognise my voice anymore?" She pouted in mock disappointment.
 
"Of course I can, I'm just… just… I don't know." Tiffany looked back at the landscape, her velvety hair curtaining her glazed eyes. 
 
Taeyeon smiled gently, her thumb circling soothingly against the back of Tiffany's hand. "You're tired, Fany. Do you wanna head home?"
 
"I don't think I can."
 
"We'll work something out, but now! Stop frowning." Taeyeon used her free hand and tapped lightly on the crease between her girlfriend's brows. 
 
"TaeTae?" 
 
"Hmm?"
 
"You're warm." 
 
Taeyeon laughed, the soothing undertones of her voice creating a blossoming feeling in Tiffany's chest. 
 
"I'm hot, Fany, hot! Don't get your facts wrong." Taeyeon chided, wagging her fingers animatedly over the balcony. 
 
"Nnnnn, okay." Tiffany snuggled closer to Taeyeon, her head resting on the shorter girl's shoulder. "Taeyeon?"
 
"Hmm?" 
 
"Thank you."
 
"For what?" 
 
"Everything." 
 
"So you'll buy me ice cream?" Taeyeon grinned brightly, her dimples showing. 
 
Tiffany turned towards Taeyeon and pouted. 
 
"You ruined the moment, Shortyeon." 
 
"Hey!"
 
And being in your life is gonna change me