Fear

What is Right and What is Wrong?

 

            “Youngbae oppa, do you wanna come with me?” Rubi whined. She’d batted her eyelashes at Daesung, yet was turned down. She stuck out her lower lip in a begging pout but was rejected by SeungHyun. Ji Yong was still sleeping and Seungri was nowhere to be found.

           “I’m sorry Rubi, I’m working on some choreography right now.” Rubi’s face quickly fell as she glared at him.

            “We are here to relax. Everyone is supposed to be relaxing! Everyone includes you.” Youngbae sighed. Rubi huffed. “Fine. I’ll just go alone. If anything happens, I’ll be in my safe house, unless, I can’t make it to my safe house at all.” Rubi smirked, she hadn’t told him EVERYTHING about this place on the drive here.

 

            Rubi walked along the sand, her arms stretched out as if for balance, letting the ocean barely run over her bare feet. Over by one of the smaller grassy hills, lay her clothes. Her two piece swimsuit exposed places that she didn’t want to expose, as well as the ones that she did. Her hips swayed back and forth as she walked toe to heel.

            Her passing left gentle imprints on the wet sand. The wind whispered her name. It was ominous, really. She saw a mirage of a figure walking closer. The figure was male by the looks of it, his broad shoulders and short hair that pointed in every direction gave it away a little. Of course, the chiseled body and missing shirt only confirmed Rubi’s assumption. Not many people knew about this place so she didn’t mind. However, her instincts told her to run from the person.

            The whispers of her name became louder. As the person quickly came her way, the current chant became louder. “Rubi, don’t you dare run from me!” the man shouted. She realized, a little late, that the person was calling her name. Soon, a familiar face came into view.  She panicked and ran in the opposite direction. The voice was angry and chased after her. Her legs burned as she ran, her long, powerful strides kicking up wet sand in the process.  Water her calves and submerged her ankles.

            Another figure stood before her. At the moment, she couldn’t care who it was as long as this person would keep her away from him. She crashed into the person at full speed, causing them to stumble a little bit.

            “Hey, are you alright?” the voice that held her asked gently, no more than a whisper. Rubi shook her head in the person’s arms as tears began to spill over and soak the person’s shirt.  The footsteps that were chasing her came to a halt behind her. Her body instantly tensed up in the person’s embrace.  “What are you doing, scaring my sister like that?” The person that held her growled.

            “I-I um… I’m sorry, I thought she was someone else.” The once angry person said in a rather, calm voice.

            “It’s just a mistaken identity, that’s all.” The footsteps retreated quickly. Rubi looked up to find Daesung watching her worriedly. Rubi opened to speak but closed it, holding him closer to her.

            “Let’s go,” he whispered softly. Rubi nodded into his chest, scared for her life.

 

           The pair returned quickly to the house, Rubi praying that the man from earlier wouldn’t be there. Daesung opened the door slowly, forcing a hyperactive Seungri to come out of hiding. Like a magnet, he already attached himself to Rubi, grinning. His smile quickly faded when he saw the tears forming in her eyes.

            “Noona, what’s wrong?” Rubi shook her head, causing the tears to scatter. Seungri pulled her from Daesung’s arms and embraced her without another word. She could only cry into his chest, not able to form a coherent sentence. Youngbae poked his head out from around a corner, wondering what the commotion was all about. Daesung just shook his head for the moment, simply explaining that it was nothing good.

            Seungri held her tightly in his arms, unwilling to let go. Slowly, he walked her up to her room as she held onto his shirt. When the pair reached the door her cries had dulled from quiet sobs to silent tears and the occasional sniffle. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying as were her cheeks and the tip of her nose. She looked up at him and forced a smile. Rubi even crinkled her nose for a sniffle.

            “Noona, will you be alright?” He asked gently. Rubi nodded, looking tired. “I’ll get you something to eat, alright?” She nodded again, creaking open the door to her room. At first, she sat on the edge of her bed, trying to get the flashbacks out of her head.

 

            All I could feel was the pain as he struck me. I hit the wall, making me wince very so slightly. I prayed that he didn’t see it. It was only he and I again. I could fight back, unless, someone else decided to come home in the middle of our scrap.

 

            Rubi sighed. Sweat dripped down her face and her hands couldn’t stop shaking. Remembering she was only wearing her swimsuit, she decided to change. Facing away from the door, she slipped off her top, exposing herself to the cool air. Momentarily, she shivered from the sudden change in temperature. After grabbing a set of clean clothes, she pulled down the bottoms before quickly covering back up with underwear and jeans. She held her bra in her hands when the door opened.

            Rubi did nothing besides turn her head in curiosity, exposing nothing. Her brightly colored eyes stared back at Youngbae.

            “Hey, Youngbae,” she stated as if nothing had happened. The said male rushed to set down the tray he had held and shut the door, blushing like mad. Rubi blinked, stunned by how fast the man could move when he wanted to.

            “I’m sorry! I-I-I didn’t mean-,” Youngbae stuttered, trying to erase the images he had just seen. Rubi clipped on her bra and slipped on an oversized t shirt.

            “Hey, don’t worry about it. Things like this happen. Don’t kill yourself over it.” She poked her head outside the door, smiling up at him.  He scratched the back of his head nervously.  “You can come on in if you want. I’m done changing.”

            “Are you sure? I can leave you alone if you want.” Rubi shook her head.

            “It would be for the best if someone was here.” She stated, trying to make sure her voice sounded stable enough, despite the slight quivering in it. She forced the door wider to let him in. Gently, she pushed him in. “Sit, sit.”  Rubi took a seat beside Youngbae on the bed, before breaking into tears once more. She held her face in her hands as she cried. Something warm encased her body protectively. She leaned into the warmth trying to force back her tears.

            “Ssh, just let it all out,” Youngbae whispered, rubbing her back as he pulled her closer to him. Hot tears soaked through his shirt.

            “I’m scared, Youngbae, I’m so scared.”

            “Don’t worry. I’m here for you and I know the guys are too.”

            Rubi shook her head. “I don’t want to drag you guys into this. As long as I don’t see him again I’ll be fine.” She paused. “Thank you, so much. You guys have done so much for me already. You don’t have to do this for me.”

            “Too bad. We want to.”  Rubi laughed lightly at his stubbornness.

            “Alright.  Keep this between you and me, but you all might  get hurt. I did a lot of things back in the day and now it’s out to get me. I won’t say everything about it but, just believe me, no matter what I do or what happens. Please, just believe in me.”  Rubi’s eyes pleaded, as if on the verge of tears.

            “I will, and  I'm sorry."

            "What for?"

            "I shouldn't have let you just go out by yourself."

            "Don't be silly," Rubi chuckled. "That's Daesung's apology."

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm back! 

I'm sorry I took so long! *bows multiple times*

My laptop crashed on me twice and I had lost so much work. I was about to update when it crashed both times and being the person I am, forgot to save the document first. DX

I got attacked by a tree! ^^ Yay for random outburst!

AND on a happier note, I got a new phone! I'm so happy. My previous one was over 6 years old so, yeah, I needed an upgrade. :D

 

I really hope to get more comments! I swear I read them! Both my authors and my readers inspire me!

and if anyone noticed that this is VERY similar to Porcelain Mask,  I did notice that too, but it'll be different. It's just the opening. This will be better I promise!

^^

Here's another random outburst! Brought to you by Kyo of Dir En Grey!