Does She Have To?

What is Right and What is Wrong?

 

         

            Loud shouting echoed throughout the apartment. Rubi shot up from her sleeping place on the sofa, her eyes wide with fear. She shook in place, unable to move, waiting for an oncoming blow from the, currently red faced, blonde man at the doorway to the hall.

            “Hyung, what’s with all the shouting this early in the morning?” Seungri asked sheepishly.

            “Who the hell is that and why are they in my clothes?” the blonde shouted. Rubi simply whimpered silently in her corner of the couch, as far away from the screaming man as possible.

            “I thought that she would fit in your clothes the best,” Seungri yawned. The blonde glared at Rubi, watching her bite at her lower lip and shake in her spot. The clothes were almost too big for the shuddering female.

            Another figure slipped past the arguing pair and took a glance at Rubi. The small girl was on the verge of tears.  The figure sat down beside her and studied her for a moment as she studied him. He had serious, intense looking eyes and a sharp jaw. He had no true expression, giving him almost a scary look to him. Rubi knew just by looking at him that if he didn’t look so serious he wouldn’t look scary at all.

            “Ji Yong, stop yelling. You’re scaring her,” the new man said firmly. His voice was low and held an authority to it. Rubi blinked a couple of times before looking at the man beside her again. He gave her a crooked smile, obviously trying to make her feel better and Rubi was right, when he didn’t have that stern look on his face, he wasn’t scary at all. Rubi forced herself to smile in return. Though it was a shy one, and not too noticeable, the corners of her lips tilted themselves upwards, earning a huge grin from the man beside her.

            “Maybe Ri shouldn’t be bringing strangers into our house and putting them in my clothes!” Ji Yong, the blonde, snapped. Rubi suddenly attached her fingers onto the man’s shirt, holding on tightly. The man sent a glare at Ji Yong and the said blonde instantly shut up.

            “I’m SeungHyun, can I ask who you are?” he asked, as gently as he could. Rubi chewed on her lip a little before nodding slowly.

            “I’m Rubi,” she replied softly, her scratchy voice resulting in a quick cough and a grumbling stomach. SeungHyun frowned and placed a hand on her forehead. He sighed and stood up, walking to the nearby kitchen.

            “What’s his problem,” Ji Yong grumbled under his breath. Rubi raised an eyebrow at Ji Yong who had now moved to one of the many spots around the room while Seungri had disappeared into the kitchen to help SeungHyun.

            “His problem is you being an ,” Rubi wheezed. She gave a weak but dangerous smirk when Ji Yong sent a sharp glare her way. She heard Seungri chuckle from the kitchen.

            “Who’s being an ?” a new voice asked as a tired person appeared in the hall. He was built, and there was no doubt in that. Other than his muscles, the thing that stood out most was his short mohawk. His white tank top was pressed closely against his skin.

            “Ji Yong hyung is,” Seungri called from the kitchen. He slowly made his way to Rubi, carrying a small bowl and a damp washcloth. The mohawk guy’s eyes followed Seungri to the coffee table before resting on Rubi. Seungri placed the wrung out washcloth over her forehead, forcing the small female to lie back down.

            The mohawk guy opened his mouth to ask something but was quickly cut off. “This is Rubi. I picked her up last night on my way home,” Seungri explained.

            “The way you say it makes me sound like a stray animal,” Rubi grumbled. The mohawk guy glanced at the small girl. Her lips twitched into a smile at his eye smile and even more so at his actual smile. A few moments later, SeungHyun came out of the kitchen with a hot bowl of soup. Rubi nodded a ‘thank you’ before trying to stop herself from drowning in the soup. Pleasured groans escaped the back of as she ate the chunky soup.

            “Do you like it?” SeungHyun asked with a huge expectant grin on his face. Rubi nodded before scooping another spoonful into .

            “It’s delicious, thank you.”

            “How’s your arm feeling?” Seungri asked. Rubi grazed the bandages lightly with her fingers, careful not to put too much pressure on it. She smiled warmly at it. She tested it by raising her arm in the air.

            “Much better,” Rubi twiddled with her fingers a little before speaking again, “and I didn’t mean to act so harshly towards you. Ever since I’d been on the streets, not too many people have showed me kindness, mostly pity or anger.”

            The mohawk guy seemed the most surprised at this. “You’ve been living in the streets?” Rubi slapped a hand over after hearing what she’d just said. Ji Yong glanced in her direction, an unreadable expression on his face. She’d gotten nervous, having all those eyes on her.

            She gave in and sighed. “It’s tough and I’m barely alive but, well, I don’t know how to compare it to my previous life.” She jumped lightly when she felt warm arms wrap around her protectively. Seungri held her tightly, never wanting to let her go.

            “Hyung, can we keep her, please?” Seungri begged childishly. The mohawk guy simply shrugged. SeungHyun nodded. Ji Yong growled.

            “Majority vote, we keep her!” Seungri cheered. “Thanks for being the tiebreaker, Youngbae hyung!”

            “I still don’t want your pity,” Rubi snapped. SeungHyun chuckled lightly at the pout she gave with it.

            “Don’t worry, we don’t want to give you our pity,” Ji Yong retorted. Rubi scoffed.

            “You’re just like him. Scratch that, you’re like him but you’re more childish in one way and more mature in another,” she muttered. Ji Yong raised an eyebrow in her direction.

            “Why does it sound like we just got a pet?” a familiar voice from last night asked. Her ears perked up to the sound of the low voice. It wasn’t as low as SeungHyun’s but it was still low, very familiar too. Another man poked his head out of the hall. Youngbae had since taken a seat at the kitchen table.

            Not only was his eye smile amazing but so was his hair. His eyes almost disappeared behind his cheeks. Rubi only sat in shock, as did the man when his smile quickly faltered. Rubi gaped like a fish at this man as he merely stared at her, frozen.

            “What’s wrong? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost,” Youngbae mentioned to his frightened friend.

            “R-Rubi, is that you?” the stunned man asked. Rubi’s tears filled her eyes as she ran to the man in the hall. She jumped into his arms, earning a small grunt from him.

            “Daesung, is it really you? If it’s only a dream, don’t wake me up.” Rubi snuggled her face into his warm chest, pulling him closer. Tears began to soak through his shirt while he was still in shock.

            “Don’t tell me she’s an ex who is still desperate for you,” Ji Yong sighed. A shoe whizzed past his head, barely missing his head. He opened his mouth to snap at whoever had thrown it but, quickly closed it when a sharp glare was sent his way from Rubi.

            “Rubi, I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered. Daesung held her close and buried his face into the crook of her neck, kissing her cheek. “What happened to your hair? I thought you weren’t going to cut it.”

            “I didn’t. That guy I was living with got mad and decided to test the new scissors out on my hair.” Rubi sniffed form the joyous tears that streamed from her face. She turned to Seungri. “Is it still okay for me to stay?”

            “We already voted, you can stay,” SeungHyun chuckled.

            “Yah! It’s not like any of you live here!” Ji Yong shouted at SeungHyun and Youngbae.

            “Either way, you’re outvoted.”

            “What if she’s some kind of serial killer?”

            “Then I would be dead by now and so would whoever she left,” Daesung chuckled.

            “What if she’s some kind of drug addict?”

            “Yes, I’m addict,” Rubi scoffed and paused, “to whatever SeungHyun just cooked!”

            “Thief?”

            “Would I still be on the street?”

            “She’s a spy!”

            “I would really starve myself to spy on you guys? What’s there to spy on?”

            “An alien!”

            “Take me to your ing leader,” Rubi spat.

            “Damn it!”  Ji Yong pouted, crossing his arms and sticking out his lower lip.             

            “See what happens when you mistake people for dogs?” Rubi snickered, quickly hiding behind Daesung for cover from Ji Yong as he chased her around in a circle. Rubi laughed childishly at her new ‘game’.

            “Rubi, how old are you?”

            “She’s older than Seungri by almost three months,” Daesung explained, seeing as Rubi was too busy running from Ji Yong. There was a loud thud, resulting in Ji Yong holding himself up with Rubi between his arms panting audibly while their legs were a tangled mess.

            “C-could you please get off?” Rubi stuttered. Her eyes locked with Ji Yong’s as if trying to get an understanding of what he was thinking. He climbed off of her, allowing her to finally sit up. “That was a fun game, we should do it again.”

            Ji Yong stared at her as if she was insane but she only laughed.

            “If you’re going to stay here than we might as well get your stuff,” SeungHyun recommended.

            “I still don’t want her staying here,” Ji Young muttered.

            “She can stay in the guest room.”

            “Where would you sleep when you decide to pass out over here?”

            “The couch.” Ji Yong sighed in defeat. He was out voted and out of reasons for her not to stay, especially with the fact that Daesung knew her.

            “Fine. You better stay out of my room,” Ji Yong growled.

           “Okay, which one is it?” Rubi asked, half tempted to test him but deciding it wouldn’t be in her best interest.

                        ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys! Sorry I took so long!  *Bows* 

I got addicted to Block B again and I was catching up on playing Harvest Moon: Animal Parade!

I had watched the MV for 'Let Them Know' and I couldn't stop watching Zico's facial expressions. Put it this way, I was amused.

Anyways, I'd like you all to comment, it makes me happy when you guys do that :)

If I do start getting more comments, I  might start  a reply section or something.

So, please do! XD 

P.S. you guys might find out who she was running away from next chappie :D