007

Reality Vs. Fantasy

 

Waking up the next day, he thought it was pleasant to wake up to Sungjong still curled up beside him--cutely sleeping. Reaching over to fix his hair before pressing a kiss to his forehead, he quietly grinned, biting back a chuckle of happiness as he'd wanted to these things for a while but hadn't had much option to act upon them as a fear of Sungjong waking up and finding out his secret--but now that it wasn't a secret he was starting to feel less fearful, more courageous and that could be a good thing or maybe a bad thing. Getting up slowly, not to wake the younger before getting up to do some things he had to do but was procrastinating on. Deep down, he didn't exactly want to leave--but something in him kept reminding him he had to and with two days left he was already feeling an issue of what life would be without Sungjong by his side. He was sure he'd manage, but he felt like he'd miss all his little things he did, his habits, his facial expressions, everything. Packing his bag, quickly zipping zippers and stuffing things inside as he did, he felt like these days were passing too quickly. He'd be leaving tomorrow night and he was starting to feel a bit sad to realize he'd be in a different place--Sure he'd be with his friend but he grew up in this room, the stylings changed such here and there over the years, but it was still the same house--same room.

A rustling, shook him from his thoughts and he looked over to see Sungjong starting to wake up, looking confused at his surroundings as he squinted and looked to him, slightly frowning as he saw him packing--sitting up slowly before stretching. "You should sleep, its still early." Myungsoo murmured, halting his packing almost feeling guilty for doing so. Sungjong only shook his head before getting up slowly, still rather wobbily from just waking up which caused myungsoo to chuckle, thinking it was cute. Sungjong stretched one more time with a yawn before gathering clothes and then going to the bathroom--probably to shower. In this Time Myungsoo tried to hurriedly finish packing, simply because he felt guilty to Sungjong who seemed to still feel sad over it.

When he came out, Sungjong was visibly more awake before going to make food, Myungsoo following him. "So whats the plan today kid?" he questioned and Sungjong looked at him for a moment before turning. "I don't care where, I just wanna hang out with you hyu--Myungsoo." Myungsoo couldn't help snorting at how he continously had to keep correcting himself. "Is it really that difficult to say it?" Myungsoo teased, earning a pout from Sungjong. "I've called you Hyung for nearly eight years now so Its just instinct now!" He admitted with a sigh before finishing pouring himself a bowl of cereal and sitting down, taking a look at Myungsoo for just a moment before looking down to his bowl, still pouting which made Myungsoo laugh even more. "Why that face?" he questioned and Sungjong sighed, "I can't tell you." he murmured throught his pout which made Myungsoo grin because he looked so cute.  "Why?" Myungsoo questioned with a hum to his voice and Sungjong looked up to him again before bringing a spoon of cereal up to his mouth so he could avoid answering.

"Is it my fault then~?" Myungsoo suggested and Sungjong simply raised his gaze up to him momentarily before looking back down. "Is that a yes?" He spoke with a chuckle, despite he was making Sungjong upset like this--reaching over to wipe away some of the milk from his lips--causing Sungjong to embarresedly his lips and stared into the bowl for a quick moment. "I feel guilty." he murmured before eating some more of the cereal, huffing and absent-mindedly tapping the bowl with his spoon--another one of his nervous ticks. "Guilty?" he questioned and Sungjong stayed quiet for a long time, eating his cereal without any intention of speaking more, but Myungsoo seemed to keep a gaze on him which made him speak eventually. "Do you wanna know that answer now?" he questioned and Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Answer to what?" "When I said I wasn't confused." He murmured and Myungsoo hesitated just for a moment before nodding.

Sungjong took another pause, as if building up a courage to say them. "I liked it." he simply murmured shyly before taking a deep sigh and as if it those simple words were the hardest thing for him to say and Myungsoo took a moment to process this, before fighting the grin off his lips. "So then why are you--" "Sunggyu hyung!" he murmured, pouting again as he moved the spoon through the milk that was starting to change colours due to the flourescent colouring of the cereal. "Does that mean I like both of you? . . . Ugh" he murmured, bringing both of his hands to his face. Myungsoo couldn't really say anything to it and part of him was still freaking out about Sungjong finding an interest to him to even give a care to Sunggyu. "I mean, Sunggyu and I aren't . . . dating but--" "Wait--What? You're not?" Myungsoo asked, cutting him off and Sungjong shook his head. "He hasn't ask me yet." Sungjong admitted, which surprised Myungsoo as he'd thought by now they'd have been dating. "I guess it doesn't matter if Im starting to like you though . . . Like you said. . .cause we're 'brothers' still." Sungjong murmured with a sigh as he got up to pour the milk out after finishing the cereal inside, washing the bowl and Myungsoo seemed to feel a heavy feeling again, reality hitting him once more with these words--he'd almost forgotten their unfortunate arrangements.

"can we buy a fish?" Sungjong asked suddenly, confusing Myungsoo with the randomness of it. "A fish?" he questioned and Sungjong nodded as he washed out the bowl. "I want one~" Sungjong continued before drying off his hands and going to sit down next to Myungsoo who was still a bit confused."Uh, Alright." Sungjong grinned happily to this before huffing to himself and looking to the time. "Mmn . . . maybe a bit later though." He added in jokingly--not realizing it was barely 7AM. "You woke up so early." Sungjong murmured, leaning forward to rest his head on the table before Myungsoo shrugged innocently and walked over to the couch,  followed by Sungjong as the two watched television mindlessly to pass time.

 "Mom and dad will be home tomorrow." Sungjong murmured and Myungsoo nodded with a sigh, letting a moment pass before looking at Sungjong. "Since you said you might have interest, can I act comfortably for today?" Myungsoo questioned, earning a confused look from Sungjong who didn't understand and Myungsoo simply took it in his own account to demonstrate,pulling the younger into his lap and hugging him ,resting his chin to his shoulder blade--Sungjong was surprised at first but relaxed and when no complaints were said, Myungsoo grinned lacing their fingers together--Sungjong blinking curiously looking to their intertwined hands before looking back to Myungsoo who gave him a charming dimpled grin which was almost infectious, as a coy grin graced Sungjong's face as he looked away shyly.

"Hypothetically, What do you think it'd be like if we were together?" Myungsoo asked and Sungjong seemed to think on it for a moment, shyly at the question, "I--its soon for me to say" he murmured and Myungsoo chuckled, "Hypothetically Jongie!" "Um. . . Uhm, maybe if its like this, I'd say it'd be nice, maybe happy for the most part. . . but I think, you would take a simple thing and make it complicated" he slowly spoke. "Complicated?" "You'd be--be ashamed to show any affection to me because, 'we're brothers'. Everything would be secrective--five minutes of interaction, you know? I don't need a publicized relationship but I think that would make me sad at first--not because i want attention, but because. . .maybe everyone will make us feel wrong about how we feel--when we're not really brothers by blood, but because our parents are married, we've become some sort of . . . 'Taboo'." Myungsoo was surprised at how introspective he'd become, slowly nodding in some understanding. "I'd never want to make you sad, maybe its better this way." Myungsoo murmured halfheartedly before Sungjong suddenly turned in his lap, resting his arms on his shoulders before leaning in and pressing  a kiss to him suddenly.

A surprise to Myungsoo, but quickly he responded--sliding his arms up to rest on his waist, kissing him deeply before Sungjong pulled away just enough to look at him, gauge his reaction. "I can't say i love you this much yet," he started, being able to see how much he did, but just how he reacted it, "But, maybe there's something great here-- with you and I. . .or it could be, maybe." He paused for a moment before bringing his hand upto Myungsoo's cheek. "What I don't see. . is If you love me so much like this--Why can't you just take a chance for me? See how far we get? Maybe its reckless but . . ." he spoke softly, before being intterupted going to answer his phone and leaving him in some confusion--Some awe. "Oh Sunggyu~" he murmured and Myungsoo seemed to sigh at this--that guy has impeccible timing, sighing some as he went to the other room and was let to sit with his own thoughts."Mh." he hummed in response heading back into the room now as it seemed the conversation was ending. "Yeah, I wanna hang out with my hyung before he goes away, he's going tomorrow." Sungjong spoke softly, kicking his foot some before looking up to Myungsoo, "Okay, I'll tell him." he murmured causing Myungso to look in curiousit of what Sunggyu would want to say to him as Sungjong said his goodbyes. "He said to tell you to have a safe trip." he murmured, sitting down beside him again.

Myungsoo let out a snort, "Yeah i'm sure he'd like that." he grumbled, leaning over to rest his head in his lap , fingers threaded through the black locks before slowly sliding down beside him and curling up beside him, an arm wrapping around him and pulling him close from the limited space on the couch. Sungjong resting his forehead against Myungsoo's, gazing at him for a long time and Myungsoo couldn't help the slightly confused expression that came to his face--he seemed slightly sad but never said anything. As Soon Myungsoo opened his mouth to say something, Sungjong sat up with a quiet huff. "Lets go get the fish noww~" he hummed, crawling over him to get off the couch. Another time he couldn't tell what he was thinking, it was slightly  frustrating to him that he couldn't and a sigh left him before he got up as well, heading out with him before he knew it. When they got to the place with the fish,  Myungsoo stayed back and let him pick--it was quick and he picked a blue vibrant fish with a longtail, he'd never really been good with names but it was pretty and he could see why Sungjong would want it.

The whole ride back, Sungjong stared at it with a grin. "Happy?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong nodded, "Happy~" he hummed in responce. When they got home, Myungsoo helped him set it up, feed it, placing it in their room. Sungjong would speak softly to it and ask it questions as if it would reply, which  he found to be slightly funny. "Hmm, Lets walk hyung." Sungjong simply said after a while of bonding with his new pet and Myungsoo did as he pleased--just as he said he would and they walked far, far until Sungjong boldly slipped his hands to Myungsoo's. He never would have though Sungjong to be so bold, as he looked to him with Surprise. "You wouldn't do it, So I did." Sungjong simply answered when Myungsoo looked at him with surprise. "A part of me wishes you never told me." Sungjong suddenly said as Myungsoo tucked their intertwined hands into his pocket and they walked back.

"Why's that?" Myungsoo asked, but he was sure he could think of a few. "Because, I'm starting to like you, and the thought of how things would be make me curious, making me like you more--wanting to be with you more, but i know it won't happen for real--Its like when people make a promise to you that they can't keep." Sungjong murmured honestly and Myungsoo sighed softly, the hands in his pocket. "You don't think that it'll hurt eventually?" Myungsoo questioned, as if he'd thought of this many times before. "Maybe." Sungjong said simply, "Maybe it would hurt one day, if we have to be seperated but still i'd have you--or would have had a taste of what that was like, I dont think i'd like to be the person who lives, wondering what it would have been like if he'd done this or maybe that." Sungjong simply replied and he made things seem so easy when he spoke. "Live now, Die later; One day it'll hurt, but right now its good--This type of thing." Sungjong finally finished and Myungsoo sighed softly, feeling at a crossroads.

When they reached home, Myungsoo went to take a shower and took a long one--You think better in there; needed to get his mind straight, thoughts accounted for, and always this was a place he seemed to be the most honest to himself--despite how odd it sounded, it was true. He never lied to himself here, never hid, never ran.

When he finished, he headed out, putting clothes on and ruffling his hair dry as he entered the room. "Myungsoo hyung is stupid, Huh mingu?" Sungjong murmured like a upset child, tracing the side of the bowl with his finger in which His fish would follow out of a curiousity to what it was, but never getting close out of a natural fear of the unknown. He was sure that fish was like him, He always looked after Sungjong and watched from afar but when things were starting to happen he simply stayed in his comfort zone. Hearing the squeak on the floor from Myungsoo's foot, Sungjong looked back, almost in embarressment--being caught talking about him to a fish as he stood up and watched as Myungsoo closed the door. "I--wasn't talking about you." Sungjong lied, slightly flinching as Myungsoo walked torward him, but was in shock when the older hugged him. "H--hyung?" he murmured in confusion, forgetting on having to call him by his name.

"I said call me Myungsoo." He murmured, but Sungjong was confused--possibly on which after he'd called Myungsoo stupid, he was getting hugs; he didnt expect anything like that.  "Myungsoo." He spoke with a bit if annoyance but he could tell he wasn't upset, "I'm sorry" Myungsoo spoke, confusing Sungjong more and he stayed quiet for a moment trying to process what the heck was going on. "Did you fall down in the shower again--" Sungjong slowly spoke, "No--" myungsoo flatly replied, sighing. "I'm sorry for doing this to you." he murmured and Sungjong seemed to take another moment of silence. "Doing what. . .?" he slowly spoke, "Telling you and making you feel something but not being able to do anything." Sungjong seemed to shrug now, slipping out of his grasp and laying down, obviously not liking that type of word choice. "Not being able to, or not wanting to?" Sungjong murmured before stretching and turning away to sleep. "It feels like these days were wasted."  "Wasted how?" Myungsoo questioned, still standing in his spot. "Because I don't feel like we did enough, and you're gone forever tomorrow." he murmured and Myungsoo sighed, sliding in beside him and Sungjong stubbornly scooted away. "You didn't let me finish." Myungsoo murmured and when Sungjong said nothing, he figured that was the okay to keep talking. "Sungjong, Can you look at me?" Myungsoo questioned, trying to make sure he had his attention and Sungjong slowly turned to him--a blank unreadable expression.

Myungsoo took this moment to lean in and kiss the other--he seemed to try to resist but slowly gave into that. Something he'd never thought he'd be doing, seemed so natural to him now, eyes closed and reacting to him as Myungsoo pulled him closer and held him close, eyebrows furrowing some as Myungsoo pulled away to look at him through the dimly lit room. "Wh--" "Can we try?" He murmured and Sungjong slowly opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out,  it took a moment for him to form what he was going to say. "What about everything you worked for?" he murmured and Myungsoo sighed, "I can always move away later, Right now it'd be better to be beside you; Dad told me that if i'm running away from something, it won't make it any better . . . So . . . I won't run." He simply said before seeing a small grin spread across Sungjong's face in which he mirrored before kissing him again a chaste kiss, "What about Sunggyu, Your admirer~?" Myungsoo spoke, "I could tell him, I think we're just friends. You make it hard to resist you." Sungjong quietly admitted in a bashful way.

Myungsoo pressed another kiss to his lips, grinning before deepening it, letting his hands wander--he didn't plan to do anything--but he simply wanted to touch him and feel him, he was real--this was real. Sungjong shivvered under his touch slightly The two breaking the kiss as the sound of the front door opened and things rustling, their parents entering in--Myungsoo quickly reached over to turn the light off, Still grinning. Sungjong seemed to give him a questionable look with wide eyes. "What about mom and dad?" he whispered, since the two were now pretending to be asleep. "What about them?" Myungsoo replied with a sigh, brushing the hair from the younger's face. "They don't have to know." He spoke, pressing another sweet kiss to his lips. He wasn't so sure if things would work out in the long run, but for now--building this growing feeling was fine. Fine with him and he was satisfied, Sungjong was too.


 

A/N; I really wanted to make it gyujong ending, but i somehow felt too cruel having to write myungsoo afterwards-- AHAHA myungjong ending is nice too ; u ; i'm not good at angst--