004

Reality Vs. Fantasy

 

The following days, Sungjong was confused at how nice Myungsoo was treating him, He could tell. "You like this, right?" Myungsoo questioned, tossing the other a pack of candies. He knew very well that Sungjong loved them but that would be too out of character for him to admit that. "Oh, I do-- . . .T-thank you hyung!" He slowly replied, eyes wide for a moment before they squinted into a crease--ugh that smile would kill him, but somehow he felt happy seeing it and in a way, these small things made his remaining days less painful--sort of.

The door bell rang and Sungjong happily took a piece of candy and ate it before stuffing the rest of the bag into his backpack. "I'll see you later hyung. Have a good day~" He hummed before going out. "Morning~" He heard before the door closed, seeing Sunggyu there meeting him and greeting him with a hug, a soft giggle that faded off and Myungsoo sighed, "Ignore it, ignore it." he murmured to himself as he ate his own breakfast. It seemed that the nicer Myungsoo would get, the more annoying Sunggyu would get; Sometimes he would come home and Sunggyu would be inside with him, watching TV or helping Sungjong with a project but always he could escape and not have to sit and witness everything.
--
"Hyung, After work, Why dont you come do something? You dont ever go have any fun anymore." Sungjong questioned as he cleaned up at work, he could hear the pout in Sungjong's voice and he would have thought it was cute if not Sunggyu was standing beside him, fingers laced with his. "Maybe a different day." he calmly spoke, before turning and accidently bumping into Sunggyu who seemed to have a odd look to him. He couldnt quite put his finger on it, "sorry." he murmured before stepping around him and leaving. Something about it made him nervous, It was almost like a 'I-know-everything' Type of look he gave him. . . . But how could he know that? He was probably getting paranoid. . . either way it didnt matter.  He only had two more weeks.

He'd saved up enough money for a car and saved up enough money for college fees and more than enough for rent for a few months until he could find a new job. He just wanted a bit more money for other things; he'd told one person about all this and They'd always understood him well, His best friend Sungyeol. Despite all his teasings and playful like demeanour, he was actually quite understanding and said whenever he was ready, he could come live with him.
--
"Appa." Myungsoo called, Knocking on the door and waiting patiently. Once he'd gotten home, he took a long while to prepare himself for this. He wasn't sure how his father would take it, what he would say--but he had to tell him, get him ready for it, becase he was going to do it with or without his blessings.

Hearing a voice of approval, he walked in, closing the door behind him. His father was always pretty busy and because of this he stopped searching for him a long time ago. He rarely saw his father and it didnt bother him anymore. His father seemed suprised to actually see him simply because Myungsoo would never directly come to see him, he would pass a message through Sungjong's mother if he had anything to say. "Whats going on, Myungsoo?" he asked calmly as Myungsoo took a seat and leaned back into it. "I just wanted to tell you beforehand, so it won't be too much of a suprise when it happens." He started, moving just a bit in his chair to get comfortable as his father started at him with curious anticipation. "In three weeks I'm gonna move out." he spoke clearly, his face serious as he kept a strong eye contact to show how serious he was.  His father furrowed his eyebrows and, leaned forwards, rubbing his chin  with his hand as he let it sink in.

 "And where will you be going? How will you get there?" He could hear some disbelief in his voice. "I'm going to go stay with Sungyeol, I've saved up enough money for a car and more than enough for rent for a few months, I've got enough for college and I'm saving up just a little more but incase and in two weeks i'll quit my job, the week after that I'll go to Sungyeol's." He explained calmly and his father leaned back into his chair now, hands folding together. "you've really thought on this I see . . ." he murmured and Myungsoo nodded firmly. "Honestly, I dont mean any disrespect to you, but i'm not asking for permission, i'm just . . .warning you." he spoke before getting up and heading to the door. "Myungsoo." he called after and Myungsoo paused in his steps, hand still on the door, slightly opened. "Is there a reason for this? Because if you're running from something, its not going to make it any better." His father spoke and as if irony was mocking him, Sungjong came in the front door and headed into the other room, Myungsoo watched him appear and then disappear, "No, I just need a change." He simply said before leaving and closing the door behind him.

Heading into the room After Sungjong and simply laying down without a word, startling Sungjong who didn't hear him come in as he sighed, laughing softly as he pressed a hand over his chest.  "Scared me." he murmured, sitting at the table. "Sorry kid." Myungsoo murmured as he stretched out and turnt to the wall. "Myungsoo hyung." This slightly caught Myungsoo of guard, simply because Sungjong only said these words to him when he really wanted something and that was rare. "Yeah?" he questioned quietly, hearing the chair creak and Sungjong probably turned in it, to look at him despite the fact that he was faced away. "Can we do something fun . . . like before? You seem so sad lately; Maybe you need a break, I--" "Alright." Myungsoo murmured and Sungjong went quiet, probably in shock at how easy he'd agreed to him. "R-really?" He questioned and Myungsoo nodded with a yawn as he stretched and laid on his belly, "Lets have fun." He said and these words surprised himself, but he simply reminded himself that he was gonna enjoy this remaining time.

"Your nightmares. . ." Myungsoo spoke after a while of silence and Sungjong murmured curiously in response, "They're getting bad again, huh?" he questioned and when he didnt hear anything, he yawned, eyes still closed shut. "I'll be a better brother from now on, just come to me when you need someone." he murmured and he was sure he'd probably regret these words, but if he was going to go away, he'd at least like a positive memory with him. "Thank you. . . " Sungjong murmured, genuine but also rather confused.

Myungsoo wasn't sure when he fell asleep, listening to the subtle sounds that Sungjong made in his frustration of not being able to finish a problem or getting a paper cut when he flipped the paper. These were the things that made Myungsoo love him even more. When he woke up it was early, he always seemed to wake up in the middle of the night, and that was probably because he went to sleep so early. Sitting up he stretched and sighed before looking over to Suungjong who was sprawled out and sweating--face scrunched up as he seemed to be having a nightmare. Myungsoo sighed and watched him for a moment, going through his options. What could he do? Wake him up? No that was too much. He got up from his bed and went to the bathroom coming back with a washrag and slowly sat on the bed, knowing Sungjong was a light sleeper. He wouldn't be here to wake Sungjong up from his nightmares soon. So instead, he'd have to learn how to sleep through them, make them good dreams, turn them around.

Myungsoo leaned over him and gently pressed the washrag to his forehead in an attempt to cool him down and rid of the sweat. He wondered what it was that was so scary for him, what it was that plauged him for so long and he wondered if he'd ever know--he doubted that. The cloth was enough to make his heavy breathing settle, Myungsoo giving into his urges now as he slowly lifted the younger's head into his lap and ran his fingers through, massaging the scalp. Sungjong sighed softly, and turned in his sleep causing him to still his movements in a wave of fear suddenly rushing over him but when Sungjong didnt move anymore he relaxed--he was still sleeping. He felt like speaking to him, but he was too wary of the fact that Sungjong could be semi conscious and so he simply continued to slowly lace his fingers through the brown locks of hair. If Sungjong woke up, Simply he could say that he called for him and he was having a nightmare--which in not so many words did 'sort-of' happen.

Myungsoo sighed softly to himself, as he looked down to him, slowly and gently caressing his skin. He wondered how things could have been if they weren't brothers. Could he have made Sungjong fall for him? Could he have been standing in that 'Sunggyu' guy's place? Just thinking about that guy made his skin crawl. He hated him. . . and most of that probably had to do with the fact that he was dating the person he loved. Jealousy--that was probably the right word. . . but what could he do? He was his brother, nothing more. . . nothing more. Myungsoo  tried to move him now but Sungjong rolled torwards him, burrying his face into his belly and wrapping his arms around him. He knew this was a bad Idea.

Myungsoo was enjoying this far more than he should though, despite the gentle hand that was trying to remove the cute boy from him and once he was free, he sighed. At least Sungjong looked more peaceful. He simply went back to his own bed after this--it was too much and he was tired again and he knew that the problem with giving into his urges meant he'd want more and this he did. He wanted to lay beside him and hold him close, whispering confessions of his adorations, only to disturbed by chaste kisses.  Only in his dreams. He let out a soft, ironic laugh before turning away, closing his eyes and falling back to sleep.

--

A few days after, There was a holiday and that meant no school--no work at least for the two and this was the day to do his 'promise', Myungsoo couldn't help grinning to himself as he got dressed and imagined they were getting ready for a date, he was sure  that a good amount of his life was spent imagining but those moments seemed to be the highlight of his day. Myungsoo leaned to the door and waited for Sungjong as he lazily eyed the clock. "Okay, Lets go." Sungjong's voice pulled him out of his thoughts and he gave him a small grin before they headed off and out. "You never told me where we're going." Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo grinned to himself. "I didn't plan anything." he admitted and he could see Sungjong frowning some beside him, Myungsoo couldn't help grinning as he laughed quietly and put an arm around him. "Lets just go where we see fit." Myungsoo suggested and Sungjong nodded obidiently as the two walked and eventually ended up to a icecream shop and Myungsoo took the intiative to walk inside first, Sungjong trailing behind as Myungsoo bought icecream for him. He didn't need to ask, handing the icecream to Sungjong who looked suprised as a small happy grin came to his lips at the fact that Myungsoo remembered he liked cotton candy flavored icecream. Myungsoo acted as if it wasn't a big deal, but the cute smile from Sungjong was making his stomache do all sorts of things it wasn't supposed to.

As they walked out, Sungjong seemed a bit happier, quietly humming to himself as he enjoyed his icecream. "Why didn't you get any?" Sungjong questioned, his lips as he looked to Myungsoo. "I dont want any." He simply said, reaching over to ruffle his hair and Sungjong looked pleased. This must have been the type of brother Sungjong wanted, one who could be nice to him and hang out with him in ease. He wished he could have been this person for him--but he was feeling too much, his feelings for him were like a shooken up bottle of soda. He thought that was a dumb analogy but it was accurate nonetheless. He chuckled some in his thoughts as he thought about it and Sungjong stared at him, humming in curiousity and Myungsoo only grinned, shaking his head as he reached over to wipe the bit of icecream from his lip before bringing the finger to his lips to taste it, thoughtlessly, "Its actually pretty good." "I told you so." Sungjong hummed proudly before Myungsoo chuckled.

All in all it was a good day--they went from place to place and it was getting dark now and they headed back. "So Sunggyu was okay with you being away from him for a day?" Myungsoo asked with a bit of sarcasm, Sungjong seemed to always be by his side at all times.  Sungjong simply grinned, rolling his eyes. "Of course. He had to do something anyway." Sungjong spoke and Myungsoo shook his head, "Whats so good about him anyway?" he blurted out on accident, "I mean--What do you like about him?" he questioned to cover up his outburst, regretting this already as Sungjong looked down shyly; pressing his index fingers together as he smiled a tiny bit.

"He makes me feel like an important person and I guess i've never really felt like that before." He continued to admit which caught Myungsoo by suprise. "Why not?" Myungsoo asked, putting his jealousy aside for a moment. "I dunno." Sungjong quietly spoke, shrugging. "You know Your mom loves you more than everything, She always speaks of you." Sungjong chuckled to this. "Well, Shes my mom, Hyung." He spoke as-a-matter of factly. Myungsoo sighed softly through his nose. "Okay then. . .--Youre important to me." Myungsoo spoke and Sungjong laughed again, "But youre my--" "I'm not." Myungsoo cut him off and Sungjong looked suprised by this outburst. He actually didn't mean to say that, and luckily enough they arrived at home and he could escape that awkward moment. "I'm gonna shower first." Myungsoo announced before heading straight to the shower in a calm fashion despite how he was slightly panicing.

After a shower he cleared his head, He really needed to get a filter because he kept blurting things out that would get him in trouble, there was still two weeks left over that he had to be near Sungjong so during this time he had to not mess things up, Sungjong seemed to have a curiousity over the words, but he didnt question them--he seemed to be pleased enough by the fact that he'd gotten to hang out with him. "thank you for hanging out with me hyung." Sungjong murmured with a slight drowsiness to his voice before stretching and getting up to take his shower now.

Myungsoo took notice that the past few days he hadn't had a nightmare and he counted that as great and he hoped his nightmares were over.

The next few days were uneventful; he got up--went to school, then work, then home--sometimes he would and spend time with Sungjong, small things like help him with homework or maybe watch a movie together but on this day, something was different. Coming out of his shower and heading to the room, he was faced with a frowning Sungjong. "Why did you tell everyone but me?" Sungjong questioned slowly and he could hear a sadness to his voice and Myungsoo was already feeling nervous. "What are you talking about Sungjong?" Myungsoo questioned slowly as he stood awkwardly in his towel, still slightly wet--Sungjong seemed too upset to worry about that though. "Mom told me you were leaving. Is that why you're being nice to me lately? To make up for leaving? " Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo looked away now--awkwardly scratching his head. He hadn't thought to tell Sungjong, which was probably a mistake on his half. "I forgot to tell you." He spoke, eyeing him over before slowly going to get some clothes to change into.

Sungjong sighed deeply and simply laid down, without another word and he couldn't hear anything but soft sniffles and he felt guilty as he changed before going to sit next to him once he was fully dressed. Sungjong was turned away from him, hugging one of the sutffed animals that were basically the same size as him. "Sungjong." he spoke calmly and when Sungjong didnt answer him he sighed, "does it really make you that sad that I want to move out?" "its because of me isn't it?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo went quiet, accidently comfirming this with his silence, Sungjong whimpered softly and Myungsoo could feel his heart breaking just from that sound. "No. . .Its not." he slowly spoke but it was too late of a reply for him to sell this. "Do you really hate me that much? I try really hard to make you like me hyung . ." he slowly spoke before sitting up and looking to him. his eyes puffy, nose slightly red from crying as he sniffled.

"What's so bad about me that you hate me so much? That you can't stand being near me? " "Sungjong--" "I thought that if I tried harder you could be nice to me again and I thought maybe we were getting closer again but thats not true, is it?" he murmured more aloud as he looked down. The tears spilling from his eyes,  Myungsoo couldn't stand it anymore and slowly pulled the younger into a hug--in which Sungjong tried to weakly push him away. "I don't need you to pity me now." he murmured, crying harder but Myungsoo just held him tight and sighed, rubbing his back. "Its not your fault, its me." He spoke again once Sungjong had stopped  fighting him and simply let him hold him. "That doesn't even make any sense." Sungjong murmured into his clothes, still tears falling from his face. "i'm sorry." myungsoo murmured and Sungjong shook his head. "No you're not. You're not sorry at all." Myungsoo was sure that he'd seriously hurt Sungjong's feelings because for Sungjong to talk back and get angry at him--he had to have done enough.

Myungsoo sighed, getting up now and heading to his own bed, he was sure he'd done enough and what was best now was to give Sungjong his space. Space away from him. he was plagued with the soft crying of Sungjong till he fell asleep and he could say with honesty that he didn't sleep well that night.  The next few days, Sungjong avoided him and it was obvious that he did. "Did you two fight?" Sungjong's mom asked with a calm worry, "Its okay, He's just upset that I'm leaving." he spoke as he quietly ate his breakfast, looking to the chair that Sungjong normally sat in. It was his last week now and He'd quit his job already, Sungjong made sure to stay out all day long and as long as he could at night and Myungsoo barely caught him, barely had a moment to talk to him. One of the nights, he came home early which surprised Myungsoo, but he hadn't thought of anything to say to him as they two laid in the room on opposite sides in silence.

"Are you avoiding me Sungjong?" Myungsoo asked the obvious, looking to Sungjong who was facing the wall. "No, I'm just doing you the favor--you don't want to be around me, so i'm helping you out." Sungjong spoke softly but he could hear the tension in his voice. "Its not like that Sungjong." Myungsoo spoke with a sigh. "Then what is it like?" Sungjong snapped and Myungsoo grew quiet. Sungjong only sighed at this. "Its my fault, its just me." "Theres absolutely nothing wrong with you." Myungsoo admitted again after a moment and Sungjong sighed. "Then what's wrong with you?" Sungjong questioned, sitting up abruptly and looking at him--he was crying again-- the shimmer of tears were being able to see in the moon's light. "I can't--" "Because its me." Sungjong murmured with a sigh.

 "I dont know what I did, But i'm sorry." Sungjong murmured softly and myungsoo sighed again, deeply, painfully. "Don't be sorry, you didn't do anything." Myungsoo spoke and Sungjong just stayed quiet. "if its not me then what is it? What?" he questioned and Myungsoo stayed quiet. "You keep telling me its not me, but if I ask you, you won't tell me. At least let me understand--" "I love you, thats my problem." he finally admitted--what else did he have to lose?  Sungjong seemed to be quiet for a second. "That doesnt make sense, hyung--" "No." Myungsoo spoke, sitting up and taking a deep breathe. "I Love you." He emphisized and Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows before catching on and he laughed bitterly.  "You don't have to lie, nevermind--forget I asked." He sighed now, giving up.

 "You don't know how hard it is for me to be so close to you but not be able to do anything because we're 'brothers'." Myungsoo finally spoke up."Hyung stop lying, its not funny--" Myungsoo sighed, cutting him off by quickly moving to the bed near his and grabbing Sungjong's hand to press it to his chest, over his heart that was beating wildly, the other hand he slipped into his, fingers lacing with the smaller slender fingers and he closed his eyes for a moment.  "I've liked you for so long, I never thought of you as my brother because I can't . . .because I want more than that and I constantly push you away because how could two 'siblings' ever truly be together? How would mom and dad react if they found that out?  . . . . . Watching you and your boyfriend while i sit and wonder what it would be like to be in his place--be able to be honest about my feelings. I knew that If I stayed here much longer it'd end up like this or worse, I'd go crazy and we'd never talk again and I--" Myungsoo's rant was quieted by Sungjong crying now and he didn't understand. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. . . For -- I didn't know. . . I--" Sungjong slowly spoke despite his loss of words, seeming to understand it finally and Myungsoo pulled him closing, hugging him and his hair and it felt so good to do. "Sorry you-- . . . with me--. . ." he murmured and Myungsoo simply shook his head. "Don't be." Myungsoo murmured before sighing and slowly letting him go.

Sungjong seemed to still be at a loss of words as Myungsoo wiped his tears, looking into his eyes for a moment before he moved to his own bed. "Goodnight, lets just sleep." he spoke calmly and Sungjong nodded in agreement as he slowly laid back. "Night" He whispered, still processing things, and he probably needed that silence. The silence between them was eerie but Myungsoo couldn't deny the sense of relief he felt--to admit that, to let this emotions he'd been hiding and holding back for years out finally, but a part of him knew that things would be different now, he just wasn't sure in what ways.

 


A/N; If I dont go out with friends today, I'll double update **/ Im eager to finish this one so I can start on the mainn storyy~ ouo