002

Reality Vs. Fantasy

 

 

When he slept, it was peaceful--his dreams were normally great, and once he woke up--it was always followed by a sigh. Getting up, he stretched and made a trail through the dark room to get a drink, only to find Sungjong curled up in the chair and sipping some sort of drink from the cup. He squinted his eyes to  get a better look at him, but he couldn't really focus well on him. "What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked blandly as he continued walking, opening up the fridge to get something-- Illuminating the area for a quick moment as he chose--picking up a bottle of water as a easy alternative to having to wash a glass after he finished with it. "Nothing." Sungjong murmured softly, but he could hear the crack in his voice. He wondered if he should just go elsewhere, ignore him in his time of need, because lately he'd been getting too friendly with him and he had to remind himself to put some distance--but he felt like these past few days he'd been getting to rough with him.

 "Nightmare?" Myungsoo guessed out, flatly as he took a swig from the water bottle and he heard a soft 'no' from Sungjong as he sighed and sloshed the bottle around in his hand before looking up, eyes trailing over Sungjong, scanning him momentarily. "You done with that?" Myungsoo questioned as he looked to Sungjong's nearly empty glass. "No." he murmured again, and Myungsoo gave him a look through the darkness of the area. He knew that he wasn't finishing that simply so he could sit out here for a while longer without being bothered. "Whatever." Myungsoo spoke with a sigh and left him there, heading back into the room and laying in bed--rolling over on his side and pulling the cover over himself.

He couldn't sleep now. No matter how he wanted to--he couldn't. He wondered why Sungjong was upset, why he was crying, and he was positive enough that it was a nightmare by how quickly he denied him. His thoughts once again filled with him. Myungsoo sighed at how hopeless he had become, he was a mess. A mess ever since his father decided to remarry. He tried to act happy for him, but everyday was painful and a part of him was counting the days to when he could leave--yet . . . the other part of him didn't want to leave Sungjong's side. Yet, Myungsoo knew that if he stayed here much longer in this torture, he'd go crazy.

The sound of slowly sliding feet and soft sniffles caught his attention. His eyes wide open as a labored breathe shook the smaller boy's frame. Crying again? It physically pained him to hear it. Myungsoo sat up suddenly with a loud sigh and Sungjong jumped, freezing in his tracks as he stared at him with wide eyes, tears still dampening them--obvious that he thought he'd gone to sleep by now. "Stop acting tough and come here." Before Sungjong could get any words out, Myungsoo grabbed him by his slender wrist, pulling him down with him,  and embracing him protectively, and closing his eyes as if it was a simple action but his stomache was twisting in result from the fluttering butterflies, the dancing of his heart amongst the rest of his organs. He could feel the younger shaking in his grip and he sighed softly, bringing him closer before letting out a tired yawn. "Stop fretting and sleep." Myungsoo murmured. He could feel the tears dampening his pyjamas but he resisted saying words of comfort, resisted rubbing his back--simply all he did was hold him.

It took a while and eventually the younger had fallen asleep through his tears. When they were in middle school and his parents got married--He remembered the bad nightmares that Sungjong would get--he would cry and cry on the top bunk and so Myungsoo would read to him, or play a game with him till he felt okay. Sungjong never told him what those dreams were about--but Myungsoo knew they were bad; Something happened to him and scarred him up bad inside, but Myungsoo loved him just the same. When he smiled, the room felt brighter; when he laughed, he felt like he could float on air. Now that they were nearing their college years, Myungsoo could say what he felt was love. No doubt about it, love. Myungsoo let his grip loosen some as he looked down to him and gently wiped away the tears from his delicate skin--smooth and soft. He sighed quietly, admiring him for a moment before hugging him close again--yawning.

Myungsoo squinted at the clock, one AM--that meant plenty of time to hold him like this without judgement. It was a rare occurance, but he made sure to cherish it when the oppurtunity revealed itself to him. Yet being this close to him was also a curse as much as it was a blessing. The sweet smelling fragrances that the other held, the soft skin, the warmth and all in all it drove him crazy.  His senses were on a haywire and  he had to keep himself from doing something he'd regret. His touches were kept subtle and he kept his eyes closed shut. Despite how much he wanted to run his fingers through his hair or how he wanted to let his eyes take in every inch of flesh--he fought the urges. Sungjong had a affinity for sweet smelling body washes and shampoos and as he breathed slowly, his senses were going into overdrive-- the mix of vanilla and strawberry intoxicating him and he decided he couldn't take it any more, slowly sliping his arms from around Sungjong, careful not to wake him as he turned the opposite way; falling to sleep soon after--despite the loss of the warmth.

He was woken up by the movement of him as he moved to get more comfortable. Myungsoo sighed quietly and scooted away from him, more torwards the wall to give him more room before shutting his eyes again, refusing to turn back to look at him. "Hyung." Sungjong's voice was soft and full of sleep, Something about his voice like this made him want to hug him tight. "What?" His voice would have never shown this though. A silence passed them, but Myungsoo quietly laid, waiting; Not rushing, not hurrying, just waiting for the continuation. "Do you hate me Hyung?" He finally asked, and Myungsoo went quiet for a moment. If only you knew. "No, its too much effort to hate someone." He simply replied as he sighed and pull the covers up over him, upto his shoulders. There was another pause, "Then do you . . . dislike  me?" Sungjong asked slowly and Myungsoo sighed tiredly. He felt guilty, he knew that Sungjong tried his hardest to get his attention and approval from him, he tried his best to be a good younger brother to him--but no matter what, Myungsoo couldn't accept him. He just couldnt. "I don't dislike you either, Sungjong." he spoke, sounding as if his patience was running thin. "Then --" "I dont dislike or hate you, or find you annoying, or anything negative, Okay Sungjong?" he questioned tiredly, "So lets sleep now." He murmured, cutting the youngers continuous questions off and Sungjong seemed to grow quiet from his words.

He felt Sungjong moving slowly and soon the weight from the bed was lifted and Myungsoo repressed a sigh as the younger disappeared from his side and left the room once more. He was a confusing kid, he couldn't understand him--but he never took too much effort to let himself get close enough to do that either. Sungjong was gone for a few minutes before laying back down and Myungsoo had to keep himself steady as Sungjong slowly slid his arms around his middle and pressed his face into his back, hugging him tightly. "G'night hyung. . . Thank you." He murmured quietly and Myungsoo stayed quiet, pretending to be asleep as he calmed his beating heart.