005

Reality Vs. Fantasy

 



 The few next days was awkward to say the least, the difference was striking. Sungjong seemed slightly more cautious, more shy around him and simple things that used to happen--now were an awkward situation. Reaching the fridge at the same time, showering and changing,  and when Sunggyu called Sungjong; Sungjong made an effort to leave the room to spare his feelings and Myungsoo wondered why he didn't confess earlier. This seemed to get easier for him ten fold, but the awkward air was slightly a challenge.  It made him think and thinking was never a good thing.

"Hyung." Sungjong called to him and it was dark, pitch black almost. "Hm?" he murmured, thinking previously that Sungjong was asleep but obviously not, "You weren't lying before? . . . About um, liking me . ." he murmured and Myungsoo turned his head some, suprised that Sungjong was speaking of it, wondering where this conversation was going to go. "I wasn't lying." He spoke quietly and Sungjong was quiet for a while as if he was thinking to himself, pondering over something.

 It was a good moment of silence before he spoke again. "When did you start liking me?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo chuckled softly as he sat up, "Since I first met you." Sungjong seemed to be surprised at this, looking over at him with wide eyes. "All that time?" He murmured and Myungsoo grinned, nodding a bit.  "But you always dated all those other people--?" "Because I was in denial about liking you and I was trying to find someone else to replace those feelings." There was some more silence before Sungjong spoke again,"Why--. . ." he started the question off before fading it, " Why do you. . . what is there . . . what do you like about me?" Sungjong finally finished and Myungsoo quietly chuckled before getting up and sitting in the bed with him.  Sungjong didn't move from his spot, but only laid--looking up at him with curiousity.

Myungsoo could barely believe what he was doing, as he laid down beside him, quietly for a long moment--It was like a dream. The myungsoo from last week would never have been doing this. Sungjong didn't flinch and didn't move away but simply watched him with a curious look."Really, whats not to like about you Sungjong?" He murmured as a small grin came over his lips as he reached out to Caress his face. "Youre very cute, inside and out, you're easy to get along with and you just--" He felt a loss of words as he gazed into his eyes. "To put it simply  you're just perfect." he finally said after a pause. He could see the faint tint of a blush staining his cheeks in the dim light as Sungjong studied him, said nothing and neither did he--simply enjoying each others company, although Sungjong seemed to be thinking, and he wondered what about.

After a moment, Sungjong looked down and slowly sat up, causing Myungsoo to look at him in confusion as he scooted closer and laid back down beside him, hesitantly bringing his arms around him--comfortably burrying his face into the crook of his neck. A simple action but he felt his heart beating violently and he wondered if Sungjong could feel it, his body pressed against his. Myungsoo was almost afraid to do anything--if he moved, he might ruin this--whatever this was. Just as hesitantly, he let his arms around him, closing his eyes and relaxing to the comfort. He felt like he should speak,but he was too afraid. His mind was racing, he couldnt think straight but he bit his lip to control himself from smiling.

 He didn't really care if it was anything and it probably wasn't--but Sungjong had initiated a hug with him first and right after the conversation after they'd had--he was just happy. Plain and simple. their wasn't any words said for a while, Simply just the embrace of the two, and Myungsoo nearly fell asleep from being so comfortable. "Hyung," Sungjong murmured and his face was so close to his skin that he could feel his lips brushing against his neck, he shivered some at this. "I'm sorry." He murmured again, hugging him tighter and Myungsoo reluctantly pulled away to see him. "Why sorry? You didn't do anything." he simply spoke and Sungjong sighed, looking down--before back upto him, his eyelashes were long and pretty. "You must have had a hard time right?" Sungjong questioned quietly, their voices were so soft, murmurs--just between the two of them.

"Its not your fault." Myungsoo repeated and Sungjong pursed his lips. "That doesn't mean you didn't hurt." Sungjong murmured a bit quieter, frowning some. Myungsoo let out a quiet laugh, grinning to himself as he looked to Sungjong who was now confused by the laugh. "Aish you're so cute." he murmured, letting his thumb ghost over his cheek and Sungjong only stared at him, slightly pouting with his large eyes--probably wondering why he was being called cute. "Don't laugh!  I really had no idea  . . .  It makes me feel bad-- like I've driven you out of your own house."  he wasn't sure when he started moving closer but his lips connected to Sungjong's, slow and lovingly, like he'd always imagined, Sungjong to his own surprise responded slowly and hesitantly but still responded. Leaning back some, slightly hovering over him  and After a moment, he came back to his senses and broken the kiss. Sungjong's eyes fluttering open, an undescribeable, curious look in his eyes, like he himself was also confused on what he'd done.

"We should . . . we should sleep." Myungsoo murmured after a moment, knowing that he shouldn't get too comfortable and he'd probably moved a bit too much, done a thing he shouldnt have. he sat up, getting up off of Sungjong to move to his own bed but was surprised by the gentle tug on his shirt, looking back to see Sungjong staring, he didn't say a word but he didn't need to. Myungsoo slowly sat back down, eyeing over the other's expression before laying back down beside him. Sungjong wanted him to stay here. He couldnt explain what he was feeling but it wasnt bad. "Are you still gonna move out?" Sungjong questioned and Myungsoo pursed his lips with a nod, this didn't change anything, he was still going through with it. Sungjong just the otherside and let out a soft sigh. "Night."  Myungsoo stared at the outline of his back turned to him for a while--he didn't understand what was going on, but he was too afraid to ask what this was. Sungjong still liked Sunggyu, so he couldn't get his hopes up, he couldn't ask him what he felt about him because it would hurt. He didn't want to hear a rejection--at least not now, he had to prepare himself for that.

Still, he pushed his luck just a bit more, turning and sliding his arms around the smaller boy and hugging him from behind, letting his body form to the curve of his. "You're gonna be here for the next few days, so come with me places." Sungjong demanded and Myungsoo was slightly suprised by this but he nodded, resting his head to the back of Sungjong's shoulderblade.

---

When he woke up, Sungjong was gone and he sighed softly, wondering if all of that was a dream. Rubbing his eyes as he squinted and looked at the clock before sitting up and stretching--taking a shower and getting dressed. He remembered he had a task from their mom to get groceries and stuff to eat since His dad and her were going on a trip for the next few days and leaving them there. Sungjong would be at school by now so he was home alone, but he saw food made for him and he grinned to himself, looking at the note beside it that read; "You said you'll do things with me, don't lie!" Myungsoo quietly laughed at this before sitting down to eat. Guess it wasn't a dream then. After eating, he went to the money that was left in his dads room for food, he was glad at how thoughtful they were about him and his choice--they didn't seem to want him to leave, but they agreed to his choices and were thoughtful to not force him to use this abundant sum of money that he'd been holding up in his stash.

Shopping was quick and easy, but that wasn't the unfortunate part. Turning around the corner and bumping into Kim Sunggyu was though. "Oh, Sungjong's brother." he spoke and Myungsoo smiled weakly. "Yeah . . . hey." he murmured before trying to make his escape. "How come we never really talked?" Sunggyu questioned after him and Myungsoo quietly shut his eyes cringing before he turned back to him and grinned a fake grin. "Im not sure, I was working really hard before so--" Myungsoo spoke and sunggyu seemed to nod, "i havent seen you at work, how come?" He questioned and Myungsoo had the better of him to tell him off--he just wanted some information didn't he? ' off' His mind was screaming for him to say those words, but another part was saying 'be nice, be nice . . . '

"I'm moving out soon, So I gave my two weeks notice and i'm going to be gone next week." he explained and Sunggyu seemed to nod a bit, as if he was taking in the information. "hey, Can we talk?" He questioned and Myungsoo's insides were screaming a rude 'No' but his lips--"Sure, uh, You're gonna hang out with Sungjong and us right?" he questioned as he continued walking, unluckily enough Sunggyu followed him. "Uh--No. . .What I meant was. . . Just you and me talk--without Sungjong." he spoke slowly and This made Myungsoo nervous for some reason. "oh. Alright then. . . Well-- Uh. . .  I'm nearly done getting groceries--" "Thats fine, I'll meet up with you after, drive you back--You still ride your bike don't you?"

Myungsoo cursed himself for not buying his car yet. "Yeah, Thats cool--thanks." he spoke before turning to finish his shopping. Really, what did he have to talk about with him? What was so important? --actually he didnt want to know that.  he was hoping he had a an arrangement and had to bail out on him. But to his dismay. "Hey, You ready?" Sunggyu questioned, and Myungsoo nodded , choking back a sigh. Honestly there wasn't anything bad about Sunggyu--he was a good guy from what he saw. He treated Sungjong well and he was nice--he had a job, he drove, he was a standup guy and he would be good for Sungjong. . . but he just hated him. he couldnt stand him and this was probably just his jealousy speaking.

Sunggyu lead him to his car, and hooked his bike to the strap and even helped him put his things into the backseat of the car and he was making it really hard for him to dislike him, honestly as he took a seat next to him and they started to drive. "So . .." myungsoo slowly spoke, looking around the car with an awkwardness to him. "What did you wanna talk about?" he questioned and Sunggyu grinned a bit,  "Uh, I just wanted to ask if Sungjong was okay. He's been really quiet the past few days, and normally he's really talkative, he seemed like he was thinking about something really important." Myungsoo went quiet for a moment and slowly shrugged.

"He took the fact that I'm moving out pretty hard." he murmured, but he had a feeling it was more on the fact that he'd confessed to him that he was in love with him, but he wasn't exactly going to tell Sungjong's boyfriend that. "Oh, yeah he told me about that." he murmured and Myungsoo nodded, "Why are you so tough on him anyway? I can tell you're fond of him." Myungsoo pursed his lips and shrugged loosely, decided that silence was the best choice here. "I hope you two get along better, You're brothers afterall." Myungsoo nodded and he felt like he was shrinking in his seat. Harmless words, but somehow they seemed to stab him in every soft spot.  

Sungjong and him weren't brothers by blood, but they were still considered brothers and even if somehow he got Sungjong to return his feelings, he knew it wouldn't be accepted and this was the exact reason he said nothing, did nothing--but now that he'd take a step out of his comfort zone, he wanted more and he was starting to think about doing the impossible.

 "Thanks for driving me back." Myungsoo murmured, with a subtle kindness to his words, "I could help you bri--" "No, i've got it" Myungsoo spoke, grinning weakly before picking up as many bags as he could and heading to their home. When Sunggyu was gone he felt much more relaxed and he sighed, wondering what he'd gotten himself into. He made something for himself to eat before sitting on the couch and wrapping himself up with blankets before laying and watching TV; of course a short lived experience as his phone rang.

He couldn't help sighing as he got up to get his phone. "Yah Sungyeol, I just got comfortable." he whined with a sigh before going to sit  back down getting comfortable again. "Not my fault!" Sungyeol chirped and Myungsoo only sighed as he loudly and dramatically tried to get his comfortable spot once more. "Okay drama queen, hows it goin'?" Sungyeol asked with a laugh and Myungsoo shrugged as if he could see him. "So-so." He murmured blankly, "Sungjong still ignoring you?" "Nope, Somehow I accidently confessed." He admitted before hearing a noise of surprise that was indesipherable.

"Please speak in korean please--not your owl language" Myungsoo teased, Sungyeol was the only one who until a little while ago, knew everything; He knew that Sungyeol had a thing for him though, so he spared him the details--he knew all too much how it felt to be on the shorter of end of the affection radius.  "How'd that go?" Sungyeol questioned,  Mouth full of god knows what as he mumbled, Myungsoo couldnt help a laugh. "It went okay I guess, I didn't get disowned and kicked from my house yet." He spoke with some dramatics as he too, began eating. "Hopefully it doesn't get to that point on your Drama episode this week." Sungyeol murmured playfully causing Myungsoo to roll his eyes. "Ha ha ha." he stately replied, getting a laugh from Sungyeol. "I'll be there next week, so clean up your dead rats from the floor."

Sungyeol made another indesipherable sound from this, one of disgust. "Hey! I'm clean! I leave my dead rats OUTSIDE." he joked around playfully, earning a snort from Myungsoo before they said their goodbyes and just intime as Sungjong came in, grasping the straps of his backpack before, laying his eyes on Myungsoo and pouting. "You're eating?" He spoke with disappointment and Myungsoo looked around slowly as if he wasn't supposed to. "Sorry?" he murmured, with a chuckle as Sungjong sighed and went over to sit beside him. Myungsoo took notice of his cheeks, nose, ears, they were all pink from the harsh cold weather and without thinking, he reached out to take Sungjong's face in his hands, gently rubbing his cheeks and warming him up.

 "You should start wearing a scarf soon, its almost winter." Myungsoo spoke and Sungjong seemed embarresed from it as he looked away bashfully, to the television--moving from his touch. Myungsoo didn't think much of it as he continued to eat. "I was hoping we'd get to eat together before you left forever." Sungjong murmured, still pouting as he side eyed him eating and Myungsoo laughed, bringing a hand to cover over his mouth as he chewwed. "I'm not leaving forever, I'll just be an hour away by car." He murmured, leaning back into the couch and sungjong sighed, pulling off his backpack and bringing his long slender legs up on the couch, folding them beneath him. "But I can't drive and you won't visit anymore, right?" Sungjong asked, rather bluntly and myungsoo seemed to be at a loss for words. "I'm sure i'll visit . . .every once in a while." he slowly spoke and Sungjong frowned but said nothing. Myungsoo stared at him and wondered what he was thinking.

"As punishment for not telling me, you're leaving--you have to hang out with me alot for a few days and not be mean to me." Sungjong murmured, almost childishly which made Myungsoo laugh. "I guess thats a fair deal." Myungsoo replied before seeing Sungjong's pleased grin, the younger scooting over and leaning on him. There his heart went again. He felt grateful though, taking the initiative and wrapping his arm around him. He felt like, for all of his years of suffering, these last few short moments were going to make up for it.

Looking down sometime after to see he was asleep and Myungsoo chuckled quietly, picking him up carefully before heading to their room and carefully placing him in his bed. Taking a moment to admire him with a soft chuckle--Sungjong had insisted they hang out, but he was the first to fall asleep. Pulling the covers over him ,he shut the blinds before leaving the room as quietly as he could before going back to watch Tv. He could remember when he was younger, he enjoyed These type of days most--when he was home alone and simply able to relax and do whatever he wanted without anyone worrying about him. It made him feel slightly nostalgic.

A few hours passed and hee heard the door open, Sungjong leaving out with a disappointed face as he headed straight to the kitchen. "Why didn't you wake me?'" He questioned as he pulled out a bunch of things, Myungsoo watched him curiously, "You looked so peaceful." Myungsoo chuckled, putting the remote down before getting up and heading to sit in the kitchen, wondering of what Sungjong was upto. "No, go sit back over there hyung--" He whined and Myungsoo sighed. "For these next few days, can you do me a favor--just until I leave?" Sungjong looked confused, but nodded slowly.

 "Call me Myungsoo, Just until then." He spoke and Sungjong seemed to frown, nodding some. "Oh, okay." He mumbled softly, going to gather things again and he started cooking, slicing vegetetables and spices. "What are you doin?" Myungsoo questioned as he continued to watch, despite the earlier shoo-ing away from Sungjong. "Cooking." Sungjong said as if it wasn't obvious. "I can do it, Don't you have homework?" Myungsoo questioned  and Sungjong only continued working, "It's friday." he murmured and Myungsoo nodded slowly, he'd lost count of the days--he was only here for three more days. "I have lots to do." myungsoo groaned, resting his head in his arms and Sungjong wrinked his nose.  "You still have to hang out with me, even if you have things to do." Sungjong stubbornly spoke and Myungsoo couldnt help from laughing. "Alright, well since you're preoccupied with that, I'll take care of something now." he murmured, between his laughter and went to get his jacket and heading out.

It felt like he was walking forever, but he knew he'd be alright, once he arrived.  Putting down his final payment on his car, his own car.  Shiny and fresh paint,  he was sure the drive to Sungyeol's would ruin how beautiful it looked, but for this moment, he admired how nice it was and he was able to drive it home.

Coming home he was welcomed to the smell of food and he looked to Sungjong who was cleaning dirty dishes now. "Ooh, Cooking Show channel is on." Myungsoo teased causing Sungjong to snort as he took a seat and looked to the food, "Looks good, Is someone coming over?" Myungsoo asked, and Sungjong shook his head before sitting down as well, not waiting for Myungsoo and starting to eat which made Myungsoo laugh. "All of this just for us two?" Myungsoo asked and Sungjong stayed quiet, nodding. "I always wanted to make food for you." Sungjong murmured and This suprised Myungsoo. "Why didn't you?" Sungjong looked up from his food momentarily before looking back down. "Because you always acted like you hated me." he murmured, "I was too afraid to ask." he admited softly and Myungsoo felt the guilt coming back as he sighed and reached over to the other's head. "Sorry Jongie." He murmured, but Sungjong seemed to beam from the other petting his head and this made him laugh. "Eat!" Sungjong grumbled, reaching over to push the plate to him--he'd been too busy focusing on Sungjong and he let out another laugh as he began to eat the food as well.

"Its good~ Calm down" he murmured some as Sungjong looked slightly proud to have gotten a compliment. "Where did you go?" Sungjong questioned, "You look tired now." Myungsoo couldnt help snickering. "And you're wide awake." he teased before, snorting. "I went to get my car finally." He explained and Sungjong looked excited now. "Oh! Hyung--" he stopped himself in his words, remembering his request from earlier, "M-Myungsoo . ." he slowly spoke and Myungsoo broke out into a smile at how cutely he looked saying that, like it was a struggle, he hoped it would become more natural. "Can we go for a drive in it?"  Myungsoo shrugged, picking at his food more. "Sure, why not--But Where would we go?" Sungjong shrugged to this. "Just to drive." Sungjong murmured, nibbling on the ends of his chopsticks cutely--causing Myungsoo to sigh--this kid will be the death of him. "Okay," he chuckled, Letting them finish their food first before the two headed out and sat in the car, Myungsoo starting it up and driving off. Sungjong seemed ecstatic, staring out the window, taking a few glances at him every once in a while. "Is it really that exciting?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong grinned, "I just like car rides." he simply spoke but that only made Myungsoo snort.

They drove on and on for a while until reaching the Cheonggyecheon Stream  and the two got out to see it, walking along the side before sitting to a seat near the waters edge. "Its normally so packed here." Myungsoo murmured, as he looked around--only a few straglers around--mostly couples. Myungsoo was thinking this was a bad idea already, Sungjong didn't seem to realize it though, so he felt a little more relaxed. "Because its late, maybe." he murmured and Myungsoo looked to his cellphone before sighing. "Aish, when did it get this late?" he murmured--Sungjong ignoring this despite as he kneeled down, letting his hand into the running waters with a smile. "The water is so clear here, I bet it goes through a filter." he murmured more aloud tohimself than to Myungsoo. Myungsoo playfully grasping his waist and pushing him forward which received a yelp from Sungjong despite the fact that Myungsoo had held him tightly so he wouldn't go crashing in. "Yah!" Sungjong grumbled, pouting and Myungsoo laughed, "Sorry, It was very inviting." He teased,  reaching over to pinch the younger's cheeks before talking a walking down the side of the waters, Sungjong quickly following behind till he caught up, walking behind him silently. "Its getting late, should we go home?" Myungsoo spoke, trying to fight off a yawn and Sungjong grinned, nodding. "Okay, Lets go home so you don't fall asleep and kill us both in your new car." Sungjong playfully hummed before turning and walking ahead. Myungsoo walking behind slowly, watching how Sungjong seemed to walk enegertically and enthusiastically--Cause he had a nap, of course. Myungsoo chuckled to himself.


A/N; i did a bunch of writing games and it tired me out cries LOL sorry if these last few chapters are dullll (or maybe im just being to hard on myself idk LOL)