Cookie House

I Regret...

Jinki’s POV:

“Darn it, I hate how my boss would just give me all the work when my other co-workers have nothing to do but just sit and talk on the phone for hours. Is he crazy? I can’t spend time with Minyeon because of him. I thought I was going to lose Minyeon just because we had a misunderstanding.” I said with an annoying tone.
I closed my laptop and called Minyeon to check on her, knowing that we didn’t have the time to spend with each other, I promised to always call her from time to time. “Minyeon! I missed you.”
“Where are you, Jinki?”
“I’m still at my office, why?”
“You’ve been working this time of the night!? I’m worried, you need to go home now, it’s past 12!”
“Don’t worry about me, I’m worrying about you, why aren’t you asleep yet, huh?” I asked with a worry on my face.
“I can’t sleep, because I’m worried!” she slightly shouted at me.
“Don’t be, sleep now, please.” 
“I don’t want my Minyeon having eye bags.” I jokingly added.
“Arraso, saranghaeyo Jinki. Mom jo shim hae.” 
“Saranghaeyo too, Minyeon.” 
I decided to just finish my work tomorrow, since it was getting very late, I need to go home. I was worried about Minyeon so I stopped by to see her. I rang the door bell and Minyeon opened the door, shocked to see me. 
“Oh JInki, what are you doing here?” She said while munching on a sandwich.
“Didn’t I tell you to sleep now?” I said pointing my index finger to her.
“I’m about to when I heard the door bell rang.” 
“Eh? But you’re still eating?” I giggled when she immediately hid the sandwich behind her back.
“Ah, it’s because I’m hungry.” She murmured while scratching the back of her head.
“Oh ok. I came here to check on you. By the way, let’s spend some time together on Saturday, ok?”
“Ah ne, Jinki! Yeay! Anyways, where will we go?”
“You’ll see.” 
I hugged her before going and made sure she will sleep already. I was so excited that I, myself couldn’t sleep. The next morning, I was shocked to see that my boss was in a good mood, because before he was always demanding and sometimes mean too, but that day was different since he didn’t had wrinkles on his forehead for the first time. He gave me some projects to work on but not as much as he gave me before. I was able to finish early so I worked on something else. “Minyeon surely will like this…” I told myself and chuckled from my thought.
On Saturday morning, I gleefully got up and got everything prepared. I’m sure she’ll love it, since that day, was the first year we both fell in love with each other. I called her if she was already ready, but she wasn’t answering. 
“Why isn’t Minyeon answering?” 
I just thought of going to her house and check her personally instead. I rang the doorbell several times and was about to give up and just wait for her to call me when I heard her voice. “Ya, Jinki ah, why are you here, it’s still early, did you forget, it’s Saturday today.” I looked at her and she was still in her PJs, rubbing her eyes and yawned. “Jinki ah, aren’t you still sleepy?” her eyes were closed and her head was hung down. 
“You forgot, we’re going out today.” She didn’t answer me, it seemed her mind was still focused on dreaming. I went near her.
“Jinki ah, I’m still sleepy, I had a headache.” She rubbed her forehead and held my hand. 
“I’m sorry but can I just sleep 1 more hour?” she said while forcing to open her eyes.
“You don’t need to ask. Come.” I let her sleep since she still looked very sleepy. She threw herself to her bed, I tucked her in and touched her forehead. She had a little fever, I think. I had nothing to do so I just rested my head and waited for her to wake up. I woke up because someone was tapping my shoulders, 
“Jinki ah, wake up, wake up now.” I looked at my back and it was of course, Minyeon. I blinked my eyes a few times and smiled. She was smiling at me, with her small eyes smiling too, she looked beautiful. 
“I got dressed already.” And she wore a purple cocktail dress with a matching ribbon tucking her perfect curves, making her like a cute little kid.
“Your dress doesn’t suit you.” I joked her.
“Oh, wae?” She pouted and turned her back on me and got her coat.
“I was just kidding.” I smiled foolishly at her. 
“You know I always joke around.” I added while holding her hand. We went out of her house and I drove her to a place where there aren’t so many people around. I showed her what I had prepared. 
“This place looks nice, Jinki” She looked everywhere.
“Minyeon, look here.” I showed her a basket. She opened it and was puzzled why there were sandwiches, orange juices and fruits. Silly girl.
“We’re having a picnic! It’s still morning you know, it’s just 10:30 am,” I told her, she was busy looking at what’s inside the basket.
“Wow…..” she said with delight.
“Is it your first time having a picnic, you seem so stunned?”
“I haven’t been on a picnic yet, come on now, I’m excited!” She dragged me and brought the basket with her, we placed a mat and sat on it, Minyeon was really excited. She started munching on the tuna sandwich I made for her and I ate the fried chicken I bought. 


Minyeon’s POV:

“Hey Jinki, you got something on your mouth.” I said while showing it to him with my index finger.
“Here?” He asked, smiling at me while eating his chicken. This boy, he really loves chicken, sometimes I think it’s his obsession. He would always say when I’m with him “Minyeon-ah, buy me chicken.” He’s just so adorable.
“Aniya, here” I wiped the ketchup on his mouth and he gave me the cutest smile I could ever ask for. 
“Thanks.” I think he just went from an adult to a kid who likes chicken so much, so much of a chicken today.
“You’re so busy eating your chicken, eh?” I asked, looking at him who’s bust dipping the chicken again to the ketchup.
“After this I’ll take you to another place, keke.” 
We finished eating so we got up and got our picnic stuffs and put them in Jinki’s car. 
“Where are we going next?” I asked him, while he was putting his seat belt.
“A sweet……….place,” and he smiled sweetly at me. What sweet place could that be? I kept on asking Jinki, but he didn’t bother saying it. He told me to just wait so I did it. It took some time for me and Jinki to reach the place so I fell a little bit sleepy.


Jinki’s POV:

She fell asleep after all the asking she has done. Why is it taking us forever to get there? It was 1 in the afternoon already. We reached the place after 45 minutes of driving. I tapped her shoulders to wake her up. “We’re here Minyeon,” she rubbed her eyes and opened one of them.
“Come on now,” I leaned towards her to remove her seat belt. She blushed. We were walking towards the ‘sweet place’ and she kept looking around while having a stunned face. “This place looks really nice…..” 
I looked at her and said, “There’s a place even nicer here.” We went to a little house-like. 
“It’s this place.” I told her pointing to the little house-like.
“What are we going to do here?” she asked while looking amazed with the house’s design. I went near her and put my palms on her eyes.
“You’ll see.” We carefully walked inside the house and I called the in-charge to get the things we’ll design. I removed my hands and let Minyeon figure out what exactly was that place. 
We finally get to see the inside and the in-charge gave us aprons. “What’s with the aprons?” she kept on asking. I just let her wear it, since I didn’t want to let her know my surprise yet for her.
“Jinki, what’s this place? Ooh..” she dragged me and ran to the cute little white house made from a board. “Jinki, look at this, the house’s is like real!” she dashed with excitement on her face. 
“Anyways, why are we here?” She looked at me, waiting for my answer.
“And what’s with the sweets around us, candies, cake icing, candy cane, cookies, chocolates and brushes?” She looked puzzled.
“This is the sweet place, you see there are sweets around us.” I chuckled.
“What are we going to do with them?” she raised while looking at the sweets.
“You see this white house made of board, we’ll decorate it with these sweets.” She stared at me with her jaw dropped and surprised face. 
“Really??......” I nodded and she quickly stood up and hugged me. “Let’s start now!” 
We got all the things we needed and started decorating the pink-house. I got the lavender cake icing and painted the house with it. She was just smiling at me, “I know you love lavender…..so much.” I looked at her, she had a cookie in while decorating the other side of the house with chocolates, cookies and candy canes, I chuckled at her. She was staring at me and little by little, I saw two red circles forming on her cheeks. She grinned at me after that, “How about some pepero sticks?” 
She looked endearing. She helped me painted the house, and played with the icing. 
“Jinki, look at me.” I turned my head towards her but just then she turned her head towards me too, and not leaving the fact that our lips were just centimeters away. She widened her eyes and just grinned but I knew she was blushing too bad, and so was I. She changed her expression and she suddenly poked my nose. She pushed me back and got an icing with her finger and put it on my cheeks. She laughed at her own artwork, 
“There, you’re so adorable!” she continued laughing. I got a blue cake icing and did the same with her. She stopped laughing and pouted at me, making her usual cute face like when we were 19 year-olds. 
“Ya!” she blurted. She glared at me, so I stood up and ran, she stood up as well getting more icing on her fingers to place on my face. We were playing like kids but I liked it. I hid behind a chair. “Jinki, where are you?” she whispered. Just when she was about to see me, I hugged her from behind. “I’m here…..” I muttered. She looked back at me and smiled, “Tag, you’re it!” She put out her tongue and ran, I followed her and unfortunately, she stumbled.
“Ya, look where you’re going or you might destroy our lavender house.” I said trying to help her stand. We continued decorating it with the sweets and at last it was finished. “It’s really beautiful Jinki, thanks. I love cookie houses.” A cute little boy tapped Minyeon’s shoulders and I can say, that boy was 4 years old. 
“Oh, hello.” She ruffled the boy’s hair and touched his hands. The boy was smiling and showed Minyeon a chocolate heart. 
“Oh, Jinki, this boy is so sweet….” The boy gave it to me, and by surprise he can speak already. “Love” the boy said while looking at both of us. 
The boy pointed at the roof of the doll-like house “Should I put it?” and the boy nodded. I pinched the little boy’s cheeks. “Don’t do it, it might hurt him,” Minyeon laughed. 
“Where is your mother?” Minyeon blurted. An in-charge of the day went near us and said that the boy’s mother left him for a while there. Some girl asked us “Can I take a picture of you guys?” 
“Mwo?” Minyeon said. “Wae?” she added.
“We would like to post your picture up here, I’m the photographer assigned for this place and would like to take a picture of you guys, you’re family, right?” The girl said while taking out her camera from her bag.
“Mwo?” Minyeon uttered, making her eyes circle-like. 
“Aniya, we’re not.”
“No, the boy’s mother isn’t here.” The in-charge added.
“Oh, mianhae, mianhae, I thought you were family since you seemed like one.” She explained. ‘Seemed like one?’ I wondered if we really did.
“Awe.” We heard that the people there awed at us, some were the bakers and there were kids too, I almost forgot, it’s a place for kids to play and decorate doll-like houses too.
“But then can I just take one picture? You’re doll-like house is indeed pretty, too.” 
“Uhm, ok, I guess….” Minyeon said. We sat beside the house we made, together with the boy. “One, two, three.” She said.
“Thank you very much,” she then bowed to both of us. “By the way, how do you call your house?”
“Welcome. We’ll just call it cookie house.” Minyeon said.
“Kamsahamnida.”
We took so many pictures of the cookie house, as Minyeon said, and we played with it too, we ate too much of sweets while making it. It was past 4 o’clock, I didn’t think we made it with that much time. Minyeon had to leave first before me since she was called by her mother to work on something important. I said goodbye to the in-charges in that house-like and I thanked the in-charges myself as well. I brought the cookie house in my car, I let them cover it with a big box, for it to be like a cake, with a red ribbon on top of it. I called Minyeon, because I still wanted to surprise her with my last present. I asked Minyeon if she can meet me and thankfully, she can. She said her mother just called her to let her work on some important matters only, so it was ok with her. I was planning to stargaze with her, and give her a present. 

Minyeon’s POV:

“Oh, this place really looks nice.” I wandered there, and waited for Jinki. I remembered, that was the park we confessed to each other when we were 19 year olds. I kept that memory in my heart and mind ever since. It was really a serene park, it was 7 o’clock pm and there were only a few people there. I went to place in the park where we used to go, where we did stargazing. I can feel the cold breeze. There were so many lights, I wondered why. 

“The time has come. Even though you’re in my arms, crying, 
It’s the time I can become a comfortable place for you.
I’ll become a dependable man that you can look at. You are the one for me”
 I was shocked, I looked behind, it was Jinki. 
“I want to make a place by your side, always by you side, not as a friend, but as a man. I’ll hold you in my arms and tell you I’ll protect you from sadness.” 

He embraced me from my back.

…..

“Thank you, Jinki.”
“I meant it, Minyeon.”
“Uhm, this is for you.” He got something, it was a balloon. A balloon? He gave me the balloon and let me hold it. He held my other hand and asked me. “Can you be my girlfriend?” he said while staring into my eyes, hoping for an answer. I just nodded and smiled, it was the perfect time, Jinki, I thought. Jinki embraced me. “What’s the balloon for Jinki?”
“Look at the end of the string of the balloon.” 
I looked at it and thought there was a paper, but it wasn’t. It was a ring. “A ring?!” I asked him. He got the ring tied from the string of the balloon and put it on my finger. “Thank you for accepting my heart.” He said while he put my hands over his chest. “I love…..you….”
“I love you too, Jinki…..” 

to be continued....

 

Author's message: Hey guys! Thanks for waiting patiently for my update, lovely readers! I haven't updated for 1 month and 10 days I think? I am really sorry, I didn't expect November to be that hectic for me. There were many activities and we had our finals too, so I'm really sorry for updating this late. I hope you understood, thanks again. Oh and so much of cheesiness here, you might wanna love this chapter since you'll be missing the cheesiness! XD There would be no Jonghyun in my other chapters, I don't know when I'll let him enter my fic again, LOL. And Have you seen the new banner? I've made it for you guys, examine it and there would be a new character debuting in the succeeding chapters. Thanks guys^^ Hope to read your comments soon! Oh and Credits to kimchi hana@SFI for the lyrics, I changes some words.

p/s: if you're wondering how the cookie house looked like, its here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_53Lh5pKBLB8/TO5GhhptFSI/AAAAAAAACek/xamxB4nK9aA/s1600/wgm.jpg

truly yours,

SHINeesJuliette