Would you be Mine?

I Regret...

 

Jinki’s POV:

Everything’s perfect, I am so happy that everything is alright now, no problems, no such things that will bother us. All that is left is for me to ask her to be mine now, but I guess she is already mine now. After all, I already know she loves me and I know that I love her too. I just need a perfect time.

It’s Saturday afternoon, I called Minyeon, as usual I heard her sweet voice which made me blush.

“Jinki oppa, what is it now? “ she sounded annoyed.

“Why, do you not want Jinki oppa calling you, alright then I will stop calling you from now on, aish!” I acted as if I was mad.

“No, Aniya Oppa, don’t hang up! Jebalyo..”

But then I hung up and was just teasing her. I opened my laptop and started doing my work, several hours, she texted me saying sorry, oh she really believed me, I’d make a great actor, keke. I heard the doorbell rang, I quickly went to the door and opened it.

“Oppa, oppa, Jinki oppa, don’t be angry with me,” as she hugged me so tightly, yes I was suffocating already.

“Please oppa, I wasn’t annoyed or anything there, I was annoyed with my laptop, it wasn’t working,” she continued, worried. She didn’t want to let go of me.

“Sweetie, I was just joking around, you really believed me, don’t you? You can let go of me now,” while patting her head.

“Oh oppa! You got me all worried, I was in my house, kept thinking what did I say wrong to you, you!!” as she pouted and widened her eyes.

“Aw, sweetie, you look like a kid, so cute,” while pinching her cheeks.

“Waeyo, why?”  she put her hands on her waist, she’s just adorable. “OPPA!” she shouted at me, though I think that shout wasn’t a shout at all.

“I’m leaving now oppa, I still have some work to do.”

“Minyeon, stay here for just a little while, please?” I asked while making a cute act.

“Aish, oppa! Alright, alright!” She came in and went straight to my living room. “I know you couldn’t resist my cuteness eh?”

She smiled, her cute little face, she’s plain pretty and cute. “So, oppa, what have you been doing?”

“Well, of course, my work, but I just finished it before you came here.” I was rubbing my stomach when suddenly Minyeon blurted.

“Oppa, let’s cook, I just have this urge to cook these past few days, come on!” as she pulled me towards my kitchen.

“What will we cook eh?” I asked. “Sundubu jjigae!”

“I didn’t know you love cooking, eh?”

“I don’t know why I suddenly liked cooking.”

 

After eating, well I still wanted to spend my time with her, I didn’t want her to go, and instead, let her stay with me. We sat on the couch.

“Minyeon, don’t call me oppa anymore, ne?”

“Ne Jinki! Then I’ll call you Jinki from now on, de?”  “Better!”

We were watching, I saw Minyeon yawned, she was so tired that day from all the cooking we did. “Minyeon, you can rest your head on my shoulders for a while. “Aigoo, I’m so tired.”

She looked like a goddess sleeping soundly. “Jinki, wake me up later, de?”

I her hair, it was really soft, and after, I kissed her forehead.

I lay her on my couch and I continued doing some stuff on my laptop. I didn’t notice that I fell asleep, I wasn’t able to wake Minyeon up.

“Minyeon, Minyeon, wake up now, it’s 9 in the morning.”

“What, 9?! You didn’t wake me up?”

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep too.”

“Oh, I see. Well that’s fine Jinki. I guess I better go now.”

“Alright, Minyeon, see you again next time.”

 

Minyeon’s POV:

One month had passed, and Jinki and I always talk to each other. A day without hearing each other’s voices made me go sick. You may think that is ridiculous but that is true. Jinki, I really love him, and he already knows that.

*knock knock*

“Jinki, you’re here!”

“Yes, I was planning to go to the beach, since it’s almost my birthday, my birthday’s next week, would you mind going with me there?”

“Oh, let me check my schedule. NE! I don’t have anything planned for next week, by the way, who will be coming with us?”

“Ah, I called and asked my friend from high school if he could come, and thankfully he can.”

“Oh, so there are only three of us?”

“Yes, and he knows you, because I’ve been telling him about you a lot lately.” I was blushing so badly, he always did that? Jinki ah…

“Chincha, keke.”

“When are we going there?”

“Well, this Thursday, so ready yourself, ne?

 

Thursday: December 9

“Minyeon, are you excited to go there?”

“Ne Jinki, so where’s your friend? The one whom you told me?”

“Oh, ne. He said he’ll arrive here in 10 minutes, let’s just wait.”

“Jinki!” Someone called him and waved his hand to Jinki. I guess that’s Jinki’s friend.

“Annyeonghasseyo!” he greeted me politely. He looks older than Jinki, I swear, maybe a year or two. I greeted him back and bowed to him.

“Annyeonghasseyo! I’m Minyeon,” I said while smiling. “I know, Jinki had been telling me about you lately.”

I smiled widely at him. “Oh, I forgot Minyeon, this is my sunbae, Kim Jonghyun.” Well that answered my question, that’s why he looked older to Jinki. “You can just call me Jonghyun, I’m just older to Jinki for one year, so don’t call me oppa, ne?”

“Yes, so come on now!”

 

On the bus, Jinki kept joking around, he’s such a cute little boy, I must say. And he has this romantic side too, being sweet made me feel more loved. I guess Jonghyun’s annoyed with Jinki, yes because he’s too active, and he was acting like a little boy, knowing that next week, he’d be a 24 year old guy already. We already have reached the beach and quickly went to our cottage, or I think it’s more like of a pension house.

“Jinki ah, this is so beautiful! And it’s big eh?”

“Yes, Jinki, it’s like we’re going to stay here for a month or less, huh?” Jonghyun finally said something.

“Ah, nah, since it’s my birthday, I’d like to celebrate it with the two important people I know.”

“Oh, Jinki ah,” Jonghyun patted Jinki’s head.

“It’s already midnight, why don’t we sleep now and do the things I planned tomorrow, ne?” Jinki asked us.

“Yes, I guess.”

 

Friday: December 10

Early in the morning, I woke up because Jinki hit me with a pillow, it was so cute. But it hurt a bit, cause he hit me in my face, so yeah.

“Jinki, why would you hit me in the face, eh?”

“Aigoo, mianhae Minyeon,” holding my face. “I was just joking around.”

I quickly stood up and arranged the bed. “Are you mad?”

He was asking me like a child. “Aniya, aniya.”

I saw Jonghyun watching us, and smiling. Jonghyun seems like a kind and quiet person though.

 

Jonghyun’s POV:

I was watching them, they look so cute together, it’s like two little couple got together, oh well. Minyeon really looks pretty. We finished preparing ourselves and Jinki begun on his plan. He took us to many places near the beach. I have never seen Jinki this happy before, maybe it’s because of Minyeon. Finally, it was afternoon and we stopped by the beach to have a snack.

“Jonghyun, want to have some of this?” Minyeon asked me while sitting beside me.

“Ne~”

“So Jonghyun, since when did you become friends with Jinki?”

“Well, we became friends when we were in high school.”

“Ah, ok. Where’s Jinki?”

“He said he’ll be back in a moment.”

“I’m back,” he said, sitting between Minyeon and me.

“What did you do? Where did you go?”

“I just went back to our cottage, checked something.”

“Look, it’s almost sunset Jinki!”

Jinki just smiled widely at Minyeon. I was feeling that I wasn’t supposed to be here though. We went back to our cottage. “RING, RING*

“Yeoboseyo? Jinki speaking,” he answered his phone.

“What? Why all of a sudden?!” he blurted. He hung the phone and went to us.

“My boss said I need to go back to Seoul this 12th,”

“Ah, then you’ll not celebrate your birthday here?” I asked.

“Well, yes, but..”

“You can go Jinki, it’s work though,” Minyeon popped in out of nowhere.

“I’m sorry we couldn’t go to all the places that I have planned, Jonghyun can take you if you want to. Tomorrow is my last day though.”

“It’s ok Jinki.” Minyeon nodded, she said she was fine but looking at her face, you can tell she wasn’t fine at all.

 

Jinki’s POV:

I didn’t want to go back to Seoul, darn why does it have to be the day I planned something else? Aish, but I couldn’t do nothing since it was for my work.

“Jonghyun, can I ask you something?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Well, since I’ll be leaving this 12th already, I was planning to do my plan tomorrow, do you think she’ll like it?”

“Absolutely, yes, Jinki, I think every girl would want that.”

“Oh you think so too, Jonghyun?”

 

I couldn’t sleep at all at that night, I was so nervous if my plan would be a failure or not. I was just hoping that she would like and appreciate it and get the answer I wanted to hear.

The next day, I took Minyeon and Jonghyun to the places we wanted to visit since I’d be leaving tomorrow. It was evening and it was time for me now to do my plan, well with the help of Jonghyun too.

“Minyeon, come here!!” I shouted to her. She came close to me, wearing a cute balloon like pink dress with a ribbon.

“Minyeon, cover your eyes,” as I pulled her closer to me.

“Waeyo? What’s happening?”

“Just cover your eyes.” I put on my hands on her eyes, so she will not see anything.

“Jinki, what is this again?” I let her walk slowly.

“~~tada!~~” I removed my hands and let her see.

“Omo! Jinki!!” she turned back to me and blushed, while her eyes widening.

“What are the candles and swing for?”

“Isn’t it obvious, it’s for you sweetie!”

I went towards her and hugged her as tight as I could. Suddenly, there was a music being played and I started singing along. Well Jonghyun planned that. “Can I have this dance, Minyeon?” She just stood there and nodded, I held her hand. “Jinki ah…” I somehow thought that she blushed.

“What’s this for Jinki?” But I didn’t answer her.

“Minyeon, saranghaeyo…” I let go of her.

‘Omo, Jinki!” She came closer and said, “I do too.”  I was all red, I think?

“Minyeon, Min…yeon..would..would..” I stuttered. I was really nervous.

“What Jinki? You’re stuttering again eh?”

“Would you be mine Minyeon?” I looked into her eyes.

“Mwo?” making her eyes bigger.

 

Jinki’s POV:

“Would you be mine, Minyeon?” as I held her hands.

“Mwo?” with a shocked face. Clueless and was puzzled.

“You see, I know I love you and you love me too. Would you be mine FOREVER, Minyeon?” I emphasized that word to her. A tear came down on her cheek, I guess she got what I mean just now. She didn’t say a word and just hugged me.

“I’m already yours since the very start Jinki,” she said softly, looking deeply into my eyes.

 

Jonghyun’s POV:

I was watching them from afar. They looked really sweet. I hope Jinki could do it. Seeing them reminded me of someone. They were so happy, I was happy for them too. I’m often happy for my friends, but when will I be happy again? I myself couldn’t be happy, there’s no reason for me to be happy for myself, ever since she betrayed me, I couldn’t smile and be happy again.

“Jinki, you could do it,” I whispered in the air.

 

*to be continued*