Don’t be Angry

I Regret...

Minyeon’s POV:

All I could ever think at that time was being happy, I never knew Jinki would ask me that, I never knew he’d be mine. But now I know, he already said it, our love’s already sealed. I’ve never been this happy, I love him very much.
“Jinki, I love you too,” while looking straight to his eyes. He smiled cheekily at me, I gave him a quick light kiss on his cheek which made him really red. Without a word, he pulled me closer and was about to kiss me. My heart was beating so fast. When his lips were only centimeters away from mine, suddenly, our sweet moment was stopped by his ringing phone.
“Aigoo, this phone!”
I chuckled, “You can go pick it up, Jinki.”
He sounded shocked, I was wondering who he was talking to on his phone. He went back to me with a cute smile plastered on his face. I was curious why was he suddenly like that.
“Jinki, why are you smiling like a fool there?”
“What fool!? Me, a fool!? I’m just so happy,”
“Eh? But for what?”
“You know what! My boss just called and said I’ll just stay and work in Macao for just 2 days, that’s right!”
“Really Jinki!? That’s great!”
“That’s really great, so you won’t miss me much and find another guy.”
“What JINKI!? Find what? You think I’m the type of girl who’s like that?!” I raised my voice, while giving him a glare.
“Aniya sweetie, I was just joking, you know I always love joking around!”
He held my hand and we went back to our cottage. That was one of the most unforgettable moments I’ll always have with me. We saw Jonghyun outside of our cottage, he looked sad, I was wondering why he was always quiet, or maybe he’s just normally like that.
“Minyeon, I have to go now, my flight is early tomorrow, I still need to pack my things in my house.”
“Jonghyun, take Minyeon home tomorrow.”
“Jinki, be safe there! Yes, I will.”
“I’ll be back Minyeon, don’t miss Jinki too much, arraso?!”
“Yes! Please be safe there.”
“I’ll call you when I get there, I’ll be alright.”
I hugged Jinki very tightly, I’ll be missing him so much, even though he’ll just be away for 2 days. I hope he’d be safe there in Macao. Jonghyun and I will return to Seoul tomorrow morning. Before I slept, I walked by the shore and reminisce our sweet moments before. I sat there, wandering. Staying there was so peaceful, I could only hear the sound of the waves. I sat there.
“Why are you still awake at this time of the night?” A deep voice muttered behind me.
“Oh, Jonghyun-ah! You scared me!”
“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, Minyeon.” He sat beside me, and asked me something.
“Minyeon, do you, by chance, have experienced being betrayed by your loved one?”
“Jonghyun-ah, well, actually, I do.” I sighed. I remembered him, that betrayer!
“Who betrayed you, Minyeon?”
“My fiancé…Kim JoongHyeun..”
“Why did you ask?”
“I remembered someone from my past. She was the reason why I became like this.”
“Oh, may I ask why Jonghyun?” But Jonghyun didn’t answer me, I guess he didn’t want to talk about it to me.
“You can tell me if you can’t tell me about it.”
“No, it’s not that, I just don’t like talking about her again, she ruined my life. And how about this Kim JoongHyeun?”
“Ah, that betrayer?! Well, he wanted to marry me cause of our family’s money and business. All the time that we’ve been together, I didn’t know he was only cheating on me!” I raised my voice to Jonghyun, well it seemed that I really hate JoongHyeun.
“Whoever that JoongHyeun is, I know he’s a jerk for doing that to you.” Jonghyun patted my back
“Thanks Jonghyun.”
There was a moment of silence, I looked at my watch and it’s past 1 am already. We went back to our cottage and slept, since we’re gonna leave for Seoul early tomorrow. The next morning, we prepared ourselves and got ready. Well it was really quiet not having Jinki around us, since he’s the mood maker. I felt my phone vibrate and saw, it was Jinki calling me.
“Jinki ah! Where are you now? Are you alright?”
“Ne, sweetie. I’m about to board now, please be safe ok?”
“You, you should be safe, de? Don’t miss me so much too, arraso?”
Jinki just laughed at me and said “Saranghaeyo….” And he hung up. I suddenly felt that I blushed. Afterwards, we got back to Seoul safely and Jonghyun took me home. After two days, I expected that he’d be back but then I was saddened by the message he sent me.
“Dear sweetie, I’m really sorry but my boss said I have to finish my work here first, maybe I’ll still be here up to next week but it isn’t fixed yet. I’m sorry Minyeon. Please forgive me.”
I understand, it’s work so I can’t do anything about it. I texted him back and said that it’s alright. One week had passed just like a wind, nothing happened much, Jinki was always with me, so it seemed really quiet not having him around, it was quite boring too. Jonghyun called me and said that his high school friend was gonna go back to Seoul.
*RING*
“Oh, Jonghyun-ah!”
“Hey, Minyeon. Can you come with me tomorrow at the airport, my high school friend’s coming back here.”
“Oh, hey no problem Jonghyun!”
“And by the way, when’s Jinki coming back?”
“He told me this week, I’m not sure.”
“Alright, bye.”

At the airport:

Jonghyun and I waited for this girl, whom Jonghyun told me that she was his highschool friend. I was getting tired, so I decided to eat, to enjoy myself.
“Aigoo Jinki, why aren’t you calling me? When are you coming back?” As I sipped my latte. I was walking, It was crowded at that time so I really couldn’t go near at the arrival where I was supposed to wait for Jonghyun’s friend.
“Jinki ah, where are you, I hope you’re alright…” I whispered in the air.
“I told you not to miss me so much.” A sweet voice muttered behind me while hugging me, I recognized that it was Jinki’s voice.
“Jinki-ah!!” I turned around and hugged him back. I was so happy yet a little bit mad too for not telling me he’d be back.
“Aigoo Jinki! Why didn’t you tell me that you were gonna go back here today?! Huh?”
“I wanted to surprise you! I was going to visit you, but then I accidentally saw you here,” he pinched my cheeks again. My cheeks always hurt because he always pinched them whenever he’d see me.
“Ah, you think that’s nice? I was all worried, you’re almost gone for about two weeks and you didn’t call me or anything!”
“Mianhae, I thought you would be happy if I surprised you.” Making a cute face.
“Aww you, JINKI! You’re so cute!”
“Anyways, why are you here?”
“I’m with Jonghyun, we’re waiting for his friend to arrive.”
Jinki told me about Macau, what he did and saw there. Jjong called me and said to meet him at the fastfood area, he already saw his highschool friend. I told him I saw Jinki too, but then Jinki left because he was too tired and can’t go with me anymore.
“Annyeong Jonghyun!”
“Hey, Minyeon.”
“Where’s your high school friend?”
A girl turned around, wearing a formal black suit, with a handbag on her right hand. “Annyeonghasseyo! Oh you must be Minyeon.”
“Good afternoon, and you are?”
“She’s Park Yeona, Minyeon.”
“Oh, I see. Well, I really need to go now, Jonghyun I will leave first. Sorry. Nice meeting you Park Yeona,” I bowed to them then I walked off.

Jonghyun’s POV:

“She’s pretty,” Yeona whispered to my ears. Park Yeona, a high school friend of mine. A very smart girl, she came from a well-mannered and middle classed family. She is kind and a simple girl, she went to Canada after graduating high school and stayed there to work. I once loved Yeona but that didn’t work out since I treated her as my family. I called Jinki to check on how he was doing. Apparently, he was really tired, and didn’t bother staying on the phone a little longer with me. The next day, Jinki called me and asked me to meet up with him.
“Jonghyun, annyeong!”
“Oh Jinki, how are you?”
“I’m fine, but I still have a jetlag,” he jokingly said.
“What is it Jinki?”
“You know, I already love Minyeon, and she loves me too. Do you think I should go and ask her now?”
“Ah, Jinki, why are you asking me this? It’s you who gets to decide this.”
“Aigoo Jonghyun.”
I really think Jinki should ask her now, before it’s too late. You can never know when someone will be gone, when someone will end up with another person, you might not think of it but it’s always true, there’s no such happy ever after unless you’re destined for each other.
Yeona told me that she was going to fly to Canada back soon for her parents. Yeona’s a good daughter, though sometime she might not like what she does but she loves her family a lot. Yeona visited me in my house, and we chatted for quite some time. Then next morning, Minyeon thought of having a lunch with me and I suggested to bring with me Yeona. Minyeon and Yeona got along pretty well. They even shared so much in common, and Minyeon got even happier when she knew Yeona’s birthday was near hers. She called Yeona her unnie. Once our lunch was finished, I took them home.

Jinki’s POV:

I was seriously becoming busy every single day, my boss would give me new projects to handle, I was so tired. I wasn’t able to be with Minyeon that much but I explained to her, and she understood it. I was in a meeting when my phone started to vibrate, I couldn’t answer it of course even I wanted to. After the meeting, I saw 7 missed calls and one text from “Yeobo,” well actually Yeobo’s Minyeon.
“Oppa, why aren’t you picking up since last week? Are you ignoring me or something, tell my why. Oppa….there’s an important date next week, I hope you’ll remember it <3 call me soon.”
I knew Minyeon would be worried about me not picking up her phone calls. Yes, I’m that busy, you see one week? My boss didn’t plan on giving me a break, even just for a day or two. I texted Minyeon back and explained what I was doing lately. I didn’t know if she understood me or not, but I think she did since she always understood me. I apologized as well but she didn’t texted me back. At last, one fine day without a lot of work to do, I decided to surprise Minyeon with something. I texted her “Let’s go see a movie tonight, I’ll pick you up at 8. I’ll be waiting….”
I have something planned to ask her. Even though I haven’t officially asked her to be my girlfriend, I know she’ll never hesitate. I came to her house and knocked on the door. Minyeon opened the door and I hugged her without saying a word. “Jinki, why haven’t…” I suddenly put my index finger on her lips, making her schocked. I smiled and gave her a peck on her cheek which made her all red. She touched her cheek and said “Oppa, you haven’t answered my question yet,” she slightly pushed me away.
“But I have texted you already sweetie, didn’t you read it?”
“Aniya, I haven’t received any text oppa?” with a shocked face. “Oh no, I totally forgot to tell you about it oppa, I misplaced my phone, so I haven’t received of your messages to me oppa, mianhae…”
“No sweetie, it’s ok. By the way, what’s the important date you were saying?”
“You forgot!?”
“But there’s nothing anything scheduled on my calendar, even anniversaries or some things.”
“Gosh, you’re that busy to forget it oppa!”
“Minyeon, don’t be mad at me…”
Minyeon walked away and went to her room without looking at me or anything. Minyeon’s, uh, sensitive, I think. She gets angry for little things, but I can never blame her for that. I kept on thinking what was it. I still couldn’t figure it out. “Minyeon sweetie, I’m sorry but I can’t remember anything that was planned this week, tell me and I’ll make it up to you, I’m so sorry, please understand my job Minyeon.”
She opened her room and told me something. “You promised something to me, before you went to Macau, when we were on the beach.”
“Give me some time to think Minyeon, I’ll surely figure it out soon, but not too soon.”
I came back home, hoping to get the answer I wanted, but it turned out to be that I promised her something before I went to Macau, what could it be. I tried remembering the night we were on the beach. “What could I have promised her?” I thought to myself.
“Hmmm. I really don’t know.” I was worried that she might now talk to me again when I’ll forget it. After that day, it was Saturday. It was early in the morning and I went straight to Minyeon’s house. I saw her went out of her house, maybe she was going somewhere. I immediately went out of my car and approached her. “Minyeon, I’m sorry.”
“Jinki oppa, I’ve thought about it and I shouldn’t have been mad at you, it’s just a simple thing. Just don’t mind it. And forget last night, I was just missing you a lot.”
“I’m sorry too for not being able to call you. I’ll promise I’ll make it up to you.”
“Arraso.”
“So are you free tonight? I’d like to watch a movie.”
“Ah ne!”
“I’ll pick you up at eight, see you later!”

After some hours…

Minyeon was standing outside of her house, wearing a simple outfit. We went to the mall and watched a movie. While we were watching, I wasn’t that interested in the movie, I only stared at Minyeon most of the time we were watching. After watching, I took Minyeon to my favorite restaurant. I happily ate my chicken while Minyeon ordered a roasted beef with salad. I took her home after we’ve finished eating. I hugged her before saying goodbye. She smiled and winked at me…a cute wink.

*to be continued*

Author's message: Heya guys! Sorry for this late update, I've been packed with exams and school activities. Sorry if you didn't get that much excited and interested in chapter 4 but I did all I can, lols. A new character is revealed again, she is Park Yeona and a high school friend of Jonghyun. she isn't an antagonist keke lol.gif I dunno *laughs* Please silent readers, read and comment. I hope you had fun on this chapter. And yea, Onew with his lover chicken again. OOH AND READ THIS: Whut do you think will happen next? about this yeona? and minyeon and jinki? and jonghyun? write down your thoughts, please.

sincerely,
SHINeesJuliette